Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He looks Arab.  Jesus was a Jew.
View Quote

You do know that in the First Century, the Jews and Arabs were basically the Scots and Irish, in terms of ethnic distance.  They are both of the main branches of the Semitic peoples.

It's not until fairly later, in the Diaspora, when the Jews started banging European and North African chicks/dudes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
This.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So Jesus looked like Colin kapernick?
Isn’t that a coincidence
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Last I remember, anthropologists were claiming that race was bullshit, and there was no such thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bohr_Adam

Forgive my anthropology classes.  When I went through college, we were taught that the three basic sub-divisions of race were "Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid"-- and every other variation resulted from some deviation or admixture of those primaries.

I'm quite certain that there is likely more developments to that viewpoint, and if I were in that field I would likely be up to speed on them.  As it is, my choice of term from the framework that I drew from seemed to be adequate for my point.
Last I remember, anthropologists were claiming that race was bullshit, and there was no such thing.

Which is PC-bullshit.  We can't have an intelligent discussion on anything in academia as long as it is clouded with PC ideology.

Oddly enough, race exists when we discuss BLM or when we discuss "institutional racism"-- or when those anthropologists' employers give preference or penalties to applicants attempting to enroll based on their race.

They are asking us to ignore what we actually see in practice. It amazes me that we see a complete disconnect when discussing humans and any other living organism.

We all know that all dogs are the same species.  However, no one disputes that there are different breeds with different characteristics.  Now, replace the word "breed" with the word "race."

Across the world, we see expression of different traits just as we see different expression of traits in practically every higher form of life.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Most of the pictures of Jesus I’ve seen in churches, literature, and art works all make him look like a 1970s southern rock guitarist. Pale skin, long-ish well-kept hair, pale eyes, and a glazed, blissful look on his face.

Is he going to deliver the Sermon, or the Guitar Solo, on The Mount?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do Christians get so defensive when people point out that Jesus was not a pasty white person?

It's bizarre.

Most of the pictures of Jesus I’ve seen in churches, literature, and art works all make him look like a 1970s southern rock guitarist. Pale skin, long-ish well-kept hair, pale eyes, and a glazed, blissful look on his face.

Is he going to deliver the Sermon, or the Guitar Solo, on The Mount?

Nailed it ...
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#8]
That's how I always imagined he really looked given the area he lived
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same difference.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

that was one of the absolutely worst restoration jobs in the history of restorations.
View Quote

[mycousinvinny]Are you suuurrreee?[/mycousinvinny]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's how I always imagined he really looked given the area he lived
View Quote

@SurtrsFire

Quit bucking the NarrativeTM.  You are supposed to be shocked and outraged.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#12]
He was perfect on the inside.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@SurtrsFire

View Quote

Oh yeah....

God damnit! Jesus was white, had blonde hair blue eyes, was clean shaven and wore a suit to work every day!
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#15]
These threads bring out as many atheists as leftists in a Trump thread.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP is dead wrong. Would’ve been black.

These guys convinced me. The history is irrefutable.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/428894/E06ED163-75CE-4FB6-B649-F9B5AC9A6F57_jpe-1520077.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh yeah....

God damnit! Jesus was white, had blonde hair blue eyes, was clean shaven and wore a suit to work every day!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@SurtrsFire

Oh yeah....

With sandals.  Not many can pull off that look.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

With sandals.  Not many can pull off that look.
View Quote

If anyone can pull off sandals with a business suit it is the son of god.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wonder how much it bothers christians that Jesus didn't actually look like a white guy. When the romans came to arrest him, Judas had to point him out from the other jewish disciples because he didn't look any different from them.

https://i.imgur.com/VjIEiAA.jpg
View Quote

And thus I heard the most offensively stupid thing uttered in GD this year.

What you said was next level stupid. It was bad. You should feel bad.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#21]
A lot of butthurt Christians in here.

According to you tards Jesus would have been the first of the Aryan Brotherhood...no wonder he had such a rough time in the middle east
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Which is PC-bullshit.  We can't have an intelligent discussion on anything in academia as long as it is clouded with PC ideology.

Oddly enough, race exists when we discuss BLM or when we discuss "institutional racism"-- or when those anthropologists' employers give preference or penalties to applicants attempting to enroll based on their race.

They are asking us to ignore what we actually see in practice. It amazes me that we see a complete disconnect when discussing humans and any other living organism.

We all know that all dogs are the same species.  However, no one disputes that there are different breeds with different characteristics.  Now, replace the word "breed" with the word "race."

Across the world, we see expression of different traits just as we see different expression of traits in practically every higher form of life.
View Quote
A zoologist (or a systematist) would call them subspecies, but that causes heads to explode.

The same people who went ape shit over "niggardly" can't handle "subspecies" either.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And thus I heard the most offensively stupid thing uttered in GD this year.

What you said was next level stupid. It was bad. You should feel bad.
View Quote

So you're saying he was a white dude?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

According to you tards Jesus would have been the first of the Aryan Brotherhood...no wonder he had such a rough time in the middle east
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A zoologist (or a systematist) would call them subspecies, but that causes heads to explode.

The same people who went ape shit over "niggardly" can't handle "subspecies" either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Him
It is all semantics at this point-- semantics designed to actively seek out ways to be offended.

Thus, academia dies.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

I’ve seen A TON of these in houses on calls.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Check out the church that is apparently behind this.  They ordain wiccans and atheists?!  They definitely aren't a Christian church.  Possible agenda?  Absolutely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Life_Church
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@Him
It is all semantics at this point-- semantics designed to actively seek out ways to be offended.

Thus, academia dies.
View Quote
One of my all time favorites is "Some things are not meant to be studied."
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Appears to me to be several communists hallucinating shit that isn't there.

But you do you
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

St. Nicholls was a Turk, so you are correct.
View Quote
I dated the Ambassador from Turkey’s daughter. There’s a fair amount of Galatians including a Turkish tv actress who look like they’re from France or Central Europe https://www.hurriyet.com.tr/arama/#/?page=1&key=elcin-sangu&how=Article,Column,NewsPhotoGallery,NewsVideo,Recipe&isDetail=false
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
https://serenaysarikaya.weebly.com/about.htmlAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

LMAO.

Left Troll:  "Oh look.. something to piss off White Christians!"

White Christians in GD:  "We always figured that and don't care, but we are don't like being Straw Manned."

Left Troll:  "See? White Christians are pissed!!!"

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

You reading the same thread I am?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder how much it bothers christians that Jesus didn't actually look like a white guy. When the romans came to arrest him, Judas had to point him out from the other jewish disciples because he didn't look any different from them.

View Quote

True believers aren’t bothered at all by how God designed his son as both man and incarnate, I can assure you of that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think his dog is reading it to him.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Check out the church that is apparently behind this.  They ordain wiccans and atheists?!  They definitely aren't a Christian church.  Possible agenda?  Absolutely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Life_Church
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/26697/Capture_JPG-1520171.JPG

View Quote

Eh. Monkeys banging on a typewriter sometimes make sense.

Middle Easterners look Middle Eastern. Breaking news and such.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Stop reading Stormfront approved history,
View Quote
Huh? This was when the Romans controlled Jerusalem and the whole area. Conventional understanding (has nothing to do with Stormfront) is that this battled-over region had a population mix of Jews, a shit-ton of Greeks, Assyrians, and a bunch of the tribal folks of the region (Philistines, Canaanites, etc.). The Arabic tribes were still durka-durking in Arabia.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

oops, our bad, we forgot, the Jews weren't from the middle east.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oops, our bad, we forgot, the Jews weren't from the middle east.

Fucking education system in this country
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#38]
yep probably what he looked like of course God being God could choose to look like any culture he wanted to if he wanted

It's like the T Rex all this time they were running around the bottom of  a flooded world like crabs using their tails to propel them like iguanas in the ocean but white men make them fierce land animals fighting King Kong - if you weren't there you can't be 100% sure

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
as the worst kind of Christian, Roman Catholic, I am 100% ok with that depiction.
Jesus did not look like he came from Norther Europe.  That depiction is just artistic license as to what their "vision" was.

I love good classical Religious Art by the masters as anyone, but I also know that the depictions as shown were probably mandated by local European Bishops, Popes, etc.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Kapernick is adopted.  He was born in Algeria or Morocco and came to the US as a baby. No idea if he has any idea who his birth mother is or if she is alive.
View Quote
Story I heard is his white mother got knocked up by a black man and gave him up for adoption. Never heard the Moroccan angle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Seems possible

I'm just shocked they didn't make him look like G floyd
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm a Christian. I wouldn't really care if He was purple with pink polka dots.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I guess I'll be the lone voice in the crowd to say that AI rendering does look like a white guy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#45]

None of those images can be correct.   Only the ones that show Jesus as looking like he came from Sweden (light hair, Nordic type features) can possibly be correct.

That sarcasm guys.  Anyone with half a brain would be able to deduce that Jesus looked like most Jews in the area at the time, with darker complexion and hair.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@Bohr_Adam

Forgive my anthropology classes.  When I went through college, we were taught that the three basic sub-divisions of race were "Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid"-- and every other variation resulted from some deviation or admixture of those primaries.

I'm quite certain that there is likely more developments to that viewpoint, and if I were in that field I would likely be up to speed on them.  As it is, my choice of term from the framework that I drew from seemed to be adequate for my point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do Christians get so defensive when people point out that Jesus was not a pasty white person?

It's bizarre.

@JLAudio

Have we?  I can't speak for all Christians, but you have several on this thread that are basically saying "Duh... of course he wasn't Caucasian."

Your premise seems kinda Straw Man... or at least derived from inductive reasoning.

I think you are the first to bring up that absurd and irrelevant "Caucasian" term.

@Bohr_Adam

Without going down a rabbit hole about genetics... did this "Caucasian" concept not include Arabs, Jews, Persians, Indians, and all matters of other groups that make it wholly irrelevant to the question of how "white" Jesus was relative to Northern Europeans?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
To a true Christian, it doesn't matter.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bohr_Adam

You are arguing with a strawman.

The 18th century idea of race involved three (later 4) separate lines of evolution that only more recently began interbreeding.

Recognizing that this is I correct does not mean that population groups do not share traits in common.

It does, however, dismiss the idea hat there is a "pure" breed/race standard, and anything else is "mixed." That, is absurd.

Humans are not dogs. There is no kennel club, let alone a magical point in history, dictating breed standards.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#49]
I could definitely see him sitting in the bed of his truck on top of his yeti cooler rocking some cargo shorts and a tank top tying on a hook for his Musht fish rig after delivering some parables to several hundred followers.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Lol thread not going as expected for some people here?
Also it's not like the Romans that crucified him we're exactly Whitey &Lilly McCracker types either.
I mean yeah Caucasians I guess, sure,but whatever you just keep on believing whatever
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top