[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My God what have I gotten myself into?!

https://i.imgur.com/JjrJDSz.jpg
View Quote
11 dudes and a dreadnought.

For now.

I just finished laying down the basecoat on two more squads of Rubrics (thank goodness for airbrushes), and have another two to do when I can find the time.  I thought that having less classes this semester would free up some time to work on armies.  Whoops.

Going to be one hell of a Thousand Sons army when I'm done though, built around a backbone of 6 each Rubric and Scarab Occult squads.

Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

For now.

I just finished laying down the basecoat on two more squads of Rubrics (thank goodness for airbrushes), and have another two to do when I can find the time.  I thought that having less classes this semester would free up some time to work on armies.  Whoops.

Going to be one hell of a Thousand Sons army when I'm done though, built around a backbone of 6 each Rubric and Scarab Occult squads.

http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Ahriman-Thousand-Sons-Art.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For now.

http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Ahriman-Thousand-Sons-Art.jpg
Ha! I wish! I’m in the process of blocking the colors into 15 intercessors, 5 reivers, the Primaris captain, two LTs, the ancient, and 10 hellblasters. Right at 1500 points. This will be my Dark Angels primaris successor chapter mentioned in the Dark Vengeance box booklet, the Blades of Vengeance.

Then I have a regular Dark Angels company to paint.

Then about 90 bodies of Cadians plus the Russ’, sentinels, and whatever else I need to get to 1500.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking to myself how much a Mad Max ork army would kick ass.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd like to tell you it's cheaper than BRD, but it's not. There's a reason we call it plastic crack.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd like to tell you it's cheaper than BRD, but it's not. There's a reason we call it plastic crack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed sir! I know for a fact I've spent more money on various armies for Flames of War V2 & V3, Infinity, Battletech, Confrontation (waaaaaay back in the day), and 40k that I probably have on all my guns, ever.  It doesn't help that I haven't had time to paint until very recently but did have a job that paid well enough (again, until recently) to let me have all my stuff professionally painted.

So at least my shit looked good when I was failing all those 2+ rolls for terminators.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#10]
The Adeptus Mechanicus, Lords of Mars and Servants of the Machine God and his living embodiment the Omnissiah.

Their Forge Worlds create the war machines that power the Imperial armies and fleets.  They are fanatically religious, and their religion centers on the acquisition of data.  

Most who enter the service of the Adeptus Mechanicus will eventually replace their human body parts as they wear out, or as soon as they can in some cases.

Tech Priests Dominus and Magos can live for millennia, and are often little more than brains in jars housed within a massive combat chassis.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Rogal Dorn, The Soldier, Praetorian of Terra and Primarch of the Imperial Fists.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
In case you were unaware:

The Books used to be free on GW's site as PDFs, along with the expansion Digganob (IIRC)

Most fun (and simple GW) game I've played... tempted to dig it out and make my friends do a campaign.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In case you were unaware:

https://yaktribe.org/community/attachments/pic90139_md-jpg.1112/https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Z1N5jtGFL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

http://www.weregeek.com/comics/2016-06-07.jpg

The Books used to be free on GW's site as PDFs, along with the expansion Digganob (IIRC)

Most fun (and simple GW) game I've played... tempted to dig it out and make my friends do a campaign.
View Quote
Necromunda was better imo
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw a fan-made rules set for humans, sort-of WWII Desert Rats on Gorka Morka that looked interesting, but I never played it.

Necromunda was fun, but it didn't have enough followers in my area. I wish they'd make a computer game based on it (revamped Xcom style), but IIRC there's some questions about the ownership of the IP because someone left the company.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I saw a fan-made rules set for humans, sort-of WWII Desert Rats on Gorka Morka that looked interesting, but I never played it.

Necromunda was fun, but it didn't have enough followers in my area. I wish they'd make a computer game based on it (revamped Xcom style), but IIRC there's some questions about the ownership of the IP because someone left the company.

Kharn
View Quote
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/08/necromunda-underhive-wars-details/

Video game allegedly in the works.  I'm rooting for them but not especially optimistic.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:17:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote
A question about the ownership of the Necromunda IP? That would surprise me, especially considering that a new Necromunda is being released sometime in the next 45 days or so.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:27:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Adeptus Mechanicus, Lords of Mars and Servants of the Machine God and his living embodiment the Omnissiah.

Their Forge Worlds create the war machines that power the Imperial armies and fleets.  They are fanatically religious, and their religion centers on the acquisition of data.  

Most who enter the service of the Adeptus Mechanicus will eventually replace their human body parts as they wear out, or as soon as they can in some cases.

Tech Priests Dominus and Magos can live for millennia, and are often little more than brains in jars housed within a massive combat chassis.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/38ee19a0f36b30e922fc1cef07121ca9-340287.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/a2514405ad12e70d2fbfa99234bcb9c0--warhammer----340288.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/389e34d10abb99af942a43db697966ca--warhammer--scifi-340289.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/Vv5zEbn_d-340290.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/d3355f24026c5ddd9aa6af25d3a2408f--custom-art-warhammer--340291.JPG
View Quote
This is definitely going to be my next collection. I'd been wishing for them to make AdMech for years. They're my favorite behind the Iron Hands. The AdMech books Black Library put out were pretty awesome.

As soon as we move in November to the bigger house with spare rooms, I'll be going at it full bore.

One room to sleep, one for entertainment/games, one for brewing, and one to hold all of my WH40K nerdery
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Reading this at the moment.  I think it's the second book (after Dark Imperium) that is set in the new "present" of 40k.

I am only 3 chapters in and loving it, so far the main POV characters are a Chancellor, a Custodes, and a Sister of Silence.  They are all written first-person and we get a lot of insight into these characters that we normally don't.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Gah....finally.

A Reading from The Warmaster by Dan Abnett
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/BLPROCESSED-The-Emperors-LegionCover.jpg

Reading this at the moment.  I think it's the second book (after Dark Imperium) that is set in the new "present" of 40k.

I am only 3 chapters in and loving it, so far the main POV characters are a Chancellor, a Custodes, and a Sister of Silence.  They are all written first-person and we get a lot of insight into these characters that we normally don't.
View Quote
I found it to be enjoyable.  Some 40k books are good, but take a weird sort of effort to get through, this was one that I just came back to when I had spare moments to read a chapter or two (or eight) in between school work.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Chris Wraight seems to do a pretty good job of telling stories through multiple perspectives as he did the same in Battle of the Fang and that was a good book.  Getting the viewpoint of members of the Thousand Sons as well as the Space Wolves really brought alot of depth to the story.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#27]
seen some other patches but somebody posted these.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A question about the ownership of the Necromunda IP? That would surprise me, especially considering that a new Necromunda is being released sometime in the next 45 days or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
It might've been over the artwork in the books, but after his departure, they dropped the game like a hot potato.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Where can I buy these?
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok, so I finally have all the Astra Militarum stuff I ordered and picked up a few more things to get me to 1500-ish points eventually.

Re: Leman Russ' - Is running the plasma variant and a Punisher variant a horrible idea? I only have two at the moment.  Looking for ideas regarding sponsons and all that stuff.

Re: Platoon sgts, platoon leaders, and company CO - any reason to not run a power sword and plasma pistol? The head-canon for this regiment, the Cadian 771st, is that they've supported Dark Angels operations for so long they've taken a liking to plasma weapons, so almost all options that can have plasma, will (plasma pistols, plasma rifles as the special weapon, etc). Especially with the Cadian rule of re-rolling 1's helping with plasma killing the bearer being lessened.

Re: platoon heavy weapons - at this point I'm leaning toward autocannons as integral support with lascannons and mortars being in the heavy weapon squads themselves. I kinda like the idea of missle launchers in the platoons, though.

Re: Sentinels - lascannon or autocannon?

ETA: Oh, grenade launchers and flamers in the infantry platoons: worth a damn or no?

I'm not a tournament player so I'm not really worried about the latest min/max power meta WAAC strategy, but I would like to win every now and again as well.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/BLPROCESSED-The-Emperors-LegionCover.jpg

View Quote
I feel like custodes are going to get nerfed hard if they are becoming more prominent in lore. Remember that around the time of the great crusade, the Big E and his custodes went 100000 to 3 against some orks, and the death of 3 custodes bothered emps so much that he engraved their name on his armor.

They'll probably essentially become the navy seals of spess mehreens and be only a step above a primaris.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Where can I buy these?
View Quote
those two not sure, seen a few  other ones on amazon.  ill try to find a link.

here is a different one on amazon , i just type in 40k morale patch and there is a few. not sure why it says ultramarines unless that was one of their sayings.

here is the the inquistor one.  
patch
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What's up with his (lack of ) visor?
View Quote
the dreadnought? I dunno I guess that was this guys take on  it.  servitors can function is harsh environments imagine they have him wired in a similar fashion.  though his skin might decay faster.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ok, so I finally have all the Astra Militarum stuff I ordered and picked up a few more things to get me to 1500-ish points eventually.

Re: Leman Russ' - Is running the plasma variant and a Punisher variant a horrible idea? I only have two at the moment.  Looking for ideas regarding sponsons and all that stuff.

Re: Platoon sgts, platoon leaders, and company CO - any reason to not run a power sword and plasma pistol? The head-canon for this regiment, the Cadian 771st, is that they've supported Dark Angels operations for so long they've taken a liking to plasma weapons, so almost all options that can have plasma, will (plasma pistols, plasma rifles as the special weapon, etc). Especially with the Cadian rule of re-rolling 1's helping with plasma killing the bearer being lessened.

Re: platoon heavy weapons - at this point I'm leaning toward autocannons as integral support with lascannons and mortars being in the heavy weapon squads themselves. I kinda like the idea of missle launchers in the platoons, though.

Re: Sentinels - lascannon or autocannon?

ETA: Oh, grenade launchers and flamers in the infantry platoons: worth a damn or no?

I'm not a tournament player so I'm not really worried about the latest min/max power meta WAAC strategy, but I would like to win every now and again as well.
View Quote
for the sentinels and russ sponsons. magnetize them so that you can swap them out easily. I have seen it done all the way down to space marines where a quick swap and you can customise the army instead of buying duplicates with different weapons. although if you want to buy more that is fine to.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I feel like custodes are going to get nerfed hard if they are becoming more prominent in lore. Remember that around the time of the great crusade, the Big E and his custodes went 100000 to 3 against some orks, and the death of 3 custodes bothered emps so much that he engraved their name on his armor.

They'll probably essentially become the navy seals of spess mehreens and be only a step above a primaris.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nvm
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#40]
If you fuckers aren't playing Shadespire then you're doing yourself a disservice.  It's a fantastic game.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Miss my army, sold it recently cause I just didn't have anyone to play with. Everyone got tired of getting beat.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you fuckers aren't playing Shadespire then you're doing yourself a disservice.  It's a fantastic game.
View Quote
Looks like fun. I have yet to see an online batrep where the Sigmarites don't get absolutely wrecked. I'm personally holding out for the Dwarves.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Warhammer is for faggots you nerd!!!!

Just kidding. I got about 2000pts of Imperial Guard:

Did not realize there were any 40k fans on here. I can post some more pics of my Tallarn force if anyone wants to see.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Looks like fun. I have yet to see an online batrep where the Sigmarites don't get absolutely wrecked. I'm personally holding out for the Dwarves.
View Quote
It's a bit of rock-paper-scissors, but board positioning and the decks matter too.  

I bought the Skeletons and they are supremely annoying with the resurrection ability on the leader-guy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/aL4aKZ8.jpg

Did not realize there were any 40k fans on here. I can post some more pics of my Tallarn force if anyone wants to see.
View Quote
Assuming that they're not My Little Pony themed, why would we not want to see them?  Post that shit up pronto.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 4:16:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 11/5/2017 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Assuming that they're not My Little Pony themed, why would we not want to see them?  Post that shit up pronto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/aL4aKZ8.jpg

You wot m8?

Link Posted: 11/5/2017 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top