Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I usually only carry if I'm going fishing/camping etc. I just don't like the constant stress of having to hide my gun.

People worry too much about this, 99% of people are too oblivious to notice. The 1% that does notice is probably one of us.

+1 to what WayneD said.

The average sheeple is so self absorbed and oblivious that they notice almost nothing if it does not involve their narrow self interest.

There are reasons that predators select sheeple as victims, and this is one of them.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I had slacked off carrying on me but still in my car, but lately I've been carrying on me a lot more.CW permit since the nineties.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a CHL, but almost never carry

yep...
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I work on Federal property so no firearms on me or in the vehicle during the week.  I generally carry most of the time on weekends though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Bunch of fucking hobbyists.

LMAO.

Nope. I don't even give a sh*t about guns anymore. They don't excite me and I get no joy from shooting. I've done plenty.

When it comes to guns, I get joy letting others shoot my guns and have fun. I wil shoot a mag, be bored shitless and let others have at it. If given the choice between doing just about anything else or shooting, I will do anything else usually.

As far as carrying? Its a pain in the ass and I will take my chances now. I used to carry all the time. I fkin hated it. Oh well. I scan for threats and such and keep aware. Sure I wont be able to shot back, its a chance I am willing to take at this point in my life.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

There are reasons that predators select sheeple as victims, and this is one of them.

The guy is a clueless sheep because he doesn't carry? You can still be aware and alert even when not carrying. You just cant shoot back.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I open carry (not 21 yet) and will do so in hot weather as long as I'm in KY

Once I get my CCW I'll conceal carry in certain situations, and definitely in winter, but the summers here are too goddamn hot to wear anything besides thin baggy shirts and shorts.

When I get to FL hopfully they'll change the ban on OC, because it's way to hot to CC during summer there as well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bunch of fucking Posers.

LMAO.  

Nope. I don't even give a sh*t about guns anymore. They don't excite me and I get no joy from shooting. I've done plenty.

When it comes to guns, I get joy letting others shoot my guns and have fun. I wil shoot a mag, be bored shitless and let others have at it. If given the choice between doing just about anything else or shooting, I will do anything else usually.

As far as carrying? Its a pain in the ass and I will take my chances now. I used to carry all the time. I fkin hated it. Oh well. I scan for threats and such and keep aware. Sure I wont be able to shot back, its a chance I am willing to take at this point in my life.

OK, fixed it.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bunch of fucking Posers.

LMAO.  

OK, fixed it.

LMAO. I dont pose in the mirror with my gear like some here do. I am sure its fun for them.

I hang out here for the entertainment and news.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy is a clueless sheep because he doesn't carry? You can still be aware and alert even when not carrying. You just cant shoot back.  

WHOOAAA!

Holy Mother of taking things out of context, Batman!

What I said was that people who ARE SELF ABSORBED AND OBLIVIOUS make easy victims, and are often chosen for that very reason.

Nowhere did I say ALL PEOPLE WHO DO NOT CARRY are sheeple.

Don't want to carry?  Fine.  It's a free country.  You don't need my approval of your choices.

You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You can still be aware and alert even when not carrying. You just cant shoot back.  

Think it through.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I could get my CCL anytime.  However it's a bit expensive so I have decided for the time being to save my money.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Holy Mother of taking things out of context, Batman!

What I said was that people who ARE SELF ABSORBED AND OBLIVIOUS make easy victims, and are often chosen for that very reason.

Nowhere did I say ALL PEOPLE WHO DO NOT CARRY are sheeple.

Don't want to carry?  Fine.  It's a free country.  You don't need my approval of your choices.

You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Yeah, I derped. I thought you were inferring that other poster was a sheeple.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:

You can still be aware and alert even when not carrying. You just cant shoot back.  

Think it through.

Like I said, its a chance I am willing to take at this point in my life. I can see danger coming usually and do well to avoid it. If the odd chance happens that it was unavoidable, chances are a gun would have been to late anyway. If I die I die.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Like I said, its a chance I am willing to take at this point in my life.

With modern micro pistols, there is no reason for the half assers not to carry other than a mindset failure.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With modern micro pistols, there is no reason for the half assers not to carry other than a mindset failure.

I guess I could look into one of them.

I used to carry a S&W K Comp or my CZ

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I could look into one of them.

I carry a keltec P3AT on a daily basis. At 11.5 oz loaded it's easier to carry than many wallets. smaller too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Well, there's your problem.

You have to like carrying a gun to EDC guns like that.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

8 rounds of Hornady FTX 115 gr.  Slips into a front/back/cargo pocket.  The difference between getting robbed/killed and going home.

I know.  It's a Kel-tec.  I've put a couple of hundred rounds of FMJ and 25 rounds of what I carry through it.  I TRUST it.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
8 rounds of Hornady FTX 115 gr.  Slips into a front/back/cargo pocket.  The difference between getting robbed/killed and going home.

I know.  It's a Kel-tec.  I've put a couple of hundred rounds of FMJ and 25 rounds of what I carry through it.  I TRUST it.

Pardon my ignorance, but why does it have such a long extractor?  If that's what it is I'm seeing.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Every time I get complacent and leave the house without a gun, something happens that makes me wish I hadn't left the house without a gun.

Yeah. I left the house without a gun in 2004 and some dude got shot in the head and wanted a ride to the hospital.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a concealed carry permit, a good rig, and a good pistol. I just don't most of the time for conveniences' sake. I work full time at a hospital (which is not gun friendly) in scrubs (which are doubly not gun friendly) and the rest of the time is spent in transit, at school (right after work) or sleeping. So just by inopportunity, it's dropped on my priority meter.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pardon my ignorance, but why does it have such a long extractor?  If that's what it is I'm seeing.  

According to the Kel-Tec manual, it is called a 'trigger bar'.  When I bought it, I disassembled the thing down to it's basic components, to remove any cantakorous lubes and familiarize myself with the workings.  From what I can tell, it is the extractor spring.  Crude, yet effective.  Easily replaceable, also

Not my main carry, but it works.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#24]
everyone to their own but personally i carry as much as i can when i can within the confines of the law (not in courthouses,schools,bars,churches,etc.).  the idea that i live in a nice neighborhood and nothing could happen here is an ignorant idea at best.  i live in a well to do neighborhood (not bragging) and my house got robbed twice within the same week.  installed an alarm system the next week.  same applies to carrying a gun.  things happen in the nicest of places so why not carry just to be safe.  with todays micro pistols theres not much excuse not to carry.  even a 22lr is better than nothing at all.  again if you choose not to carry that is your choice and i respect it but when it comes to my and my familys life i dont take chances.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:43:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I very rarely carry when I'm off duty.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#26]
ANY time I dont carry, it is by choice, and that is rarely.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I live behind Enemy Lines, I don't risk carrying because many LEOs here can smell a handgun a mile away.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:48:09 AM EDT
[#28]
double tap
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Everyday.

I also live in a good area of Pittsburgh, and the house down the street was shot up with automatic weapons because mapquest took the drug dealers to the wrong place.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#30]
A friend of mine who is also an instructor told me he believes that around half of those licensed to carry don't;  because they just can't handle the responsibility that comes with carrying a handgun.

I believe him.

I'm visiting relatives in NYS, and having flown up from Florida, I don't have my carry gun with me.

I feel like I'm walking around without my wallet or shoes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#31]
A Lot of crime goes unreported because the Mayor wants the city to look better than it really is.

Impeach Obama for the Good of the Hoods.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#32]
This thread is astonishing to me.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#33]
When it 110 degrees out I cannot even carry my keys and wallet I keep it locked up in the truck.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Everyday.

I also live in a good area of Pittsburgh, and the house down the street was shot up with automatic weapons because mapquest took the drug dealers to the wrong place.

If completely random drive by shootings where my concern, I'd feel that carrying a handgun wouldn't really make a big difference as the attacker would be quickly driving by...

Seems like the best course of action would be to find cover first and by that time the threat would have already left the area.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:42:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A friend of mine who is also an instructor told me he believes that around half of those licensed to carry don't;  because they just can't handle the responsibility that comes with carrying a handgun.

I believe him.

I'm visiting relatives in NYS, and having flown up from Florida, I don't have my carry gun with me.

I feel like I'm walking around without my wallet or shoes.

I'd wager more than half those licensed don't.  In several states some people get carry permits just to avoid waiting periods and in some places you need the permit just to own a handgun.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Never was one that was much interested in the "Kitchen sink" method of carry, I've always been quite happy with a J-frame. Most of the time it just stays in the truck unless I need to go into Austin.

The Smith .380 bodyguard I ordered back before Christmas FINALLY showed up, so once it's broken in I'll probably consider that as a carry piece.

Some of you guys either need to move to a safer neighborhood or find a girlfriend.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#38]
I've carried every day since getting my permit nearly eight years ago.  No plans to change that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#39]
I almost never carry. I am in sales and I call on School Dist employees daily.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I very rarely carry when I'm off duty.

You are an LEO, correct?

Another LEO mentioned in this thread the danger of being off duty and encountering someone he previously sent to jail who is now released or paroled, and said ex-con wanting a piece of him as a vendetta.

Does this concern you or not?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#41]
I guess you could say I do, because I haven't chosen to go down and file my paperwork for my permit yet, which basically means I've chosen not to...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Everywhere it's legal to do so.  I'm in a commie state right now for work, and I can't shake the feeling that I've forgotten something.  At home, all the time.  I've got an LEO friend who will mercilessly give me shit if I'm not carrying.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This thread is astonishing to me.

Which side?  I am shocked at the number of people with permits that never carry and who should know better.

To and from work I cannot carry.  Otherwise I am carrying.  Its hot as hell here, 99% of the time I wear shorts and a t-shirt.  Normal carry is a Keltec PF9 in a IWB holster, sometimes its a Dan Wesson CBOB in a Crossbreed.  No one ever notices.

For the sake of argument here is a good read:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/988015_My_CCW_Shooting_Encounter_AAR__Sentence_update_on_page_22_Whoooo_Hoooo.html

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Depends on where I'm going.

People who work for an employer with a 'No firearms on premises' policy can't lock their carry gun in their car for the day, as there's always a risk (however slight) that something will happen involving said car and the fact that a firearm is present will come to light.

A number of my coworkers have CCW permits and/or participate in after-work sporting events (clays, trap, etc). We ALL think this 'regulation' is stupid as it pertains to storage of a firearm in your locked and secured vehicle but it's the price one pays for working at the particular company.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#45]
I always carry a blade.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's hard to carry in the summer without looking like a park ranger.

Supertuck.

It is 90 degrees out, and I just came back in from working in the yard and going to the corner store––-all while wearing jeans and a tucked in T-shirt while carrying a Glock 19 on my hip that no one saw.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I open carry (not 21 yet) and will do so in hot weather as long as I'm in KY

Once I get my CCW I'll conceal carry in certain situations, and definitely in winter, but the summers here are too goddamn hot to wear anything besides thin baggy shirts and shorts.

When I get to FL hopfully they'll change the ban on OC, because it's way to hot to CC during summer there as well.

See my post above––-I'm in NOLA and carry wearing a T-shirt and jeans.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#48]
I've had a permit for 2 years and have carried every time I've left the house on personal business.  I carry while mowing the lawn.  I carry to take the trash bin out to the curb.  I'm carrying right now sitting in my house.  Come September 1st, when the parking lot carry bill goes into effect, I'll finally be carrying on the way to and from work.

Just THIS MORNING I had two white trash thugs come up to me and my wife at the gas station asking for money.  Left hand goes out in a "stop" motion, right hand goes back to sweep my shirt if need be, "Sorry, can't help you!"  From all the videos I've seen of slow thug draws, I'm decently confident I can draw and cut him in two before he has his Draco out of his pants.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#49]
You know, I don't feel like I'll get sick anytime soon. Might as well cancel that health insurance, who needs it?

The OP's post seems to follow this logic.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#50]
"Rights"...

Use 'em or Lose 'em!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top