Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if they are girl cars, but they are a Chrysler product, so I would never spend money on one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
CJ=man’s Jeep and best Jeep….Chrysler Jeeps a no go for this guy
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want a hot pink Jeep.
View Quote

Your avatar has nice bumpers.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell me you want to get a troll rated thread, without telling me you want a troll rated thread.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I want a hot pink Jeep.
View Quote

So does my daughter .
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Last real Jeep was the CJ-7 with a 360 motor, short of the Rubicon 392 that is a special order, of 2.5% made for the entire yearly runs, and going to cost you close to $100K out the door if you don't mind the huge wait to get one.
Granted that they are offering a diesel as well in the new models that is a little easier to get, it's littered with over heat problems.

As for the money is going to cost you to get a Man's Rubicon 392, may as well say screw it, and get a Merc G wagon instead.

Rest of the motor lines up, it's not about HP to pull it around/up the trails with larger tires on (that they are lacking), but the amount of torque the motors don't have either to even idle grunt it self out of deep sand . The V6 Rubicon only has 245ftlb of torque.

Then we get in locking diffs (front and rear) and its another sour subject for most of the models that don't come with as well.

So yes, they still offer  a Man's version if you are willing to drop $100K for the Rubicon 392, but for the most part on the Wranger versions, Girls/Soccer mom models not really designed to go any farther then the side of the road in regards to off roading.

Lastly, huge note and what made the 70's model drive lines bullet proof and where the jeep really go it's reputation, has not been that way for a long time with the newer drive lines.  It kind of reminds me of  the new Bronco Sports, that for the most part, it's motor is the Eco boost 3 cylinder motor that will never make it to 100K, even if only road driven.
View Quote

In your sea of literal retardedness, that line in particular stood out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:08:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Jeep Wrangler 2 door are for men

Jeep Wrangler 4 door and ANY other Jeep are for women
View Quote

I disagree. In my area all the women drive 2 doors that are modified for off-road. I figure they think they can pick up men if they have a jeep to go wheeling. I'm not real sure who drives the 4 doors. I see a few guys driving old CJs, normally heavily modified, for actually trail driving, but honestly the CJ has been phased out by ATVs and UTVs. When I was a kid in Oregon everybody owned a jeep for hunting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:11:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Chicks and queers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:30:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@Dagger41

how’s the blue tooth do in the rain with the top down?

View Quote

I press a button and close the sunroof and it seems to help.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Tons of them around here that are never used for their intended purpose.  Driven by women.  So I’d say generally yes.  Spotless little high clearance grocery getters.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Most Jeep owners drive like a-holes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Every Jeep thread is a pic thread!

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Women, middle age men, and dirtbags* around here. A LOT of lesbians, not the hot ones.

*The ones whose "thing" is to look like a dirtbag, not actual dirtbags.
View Quote

Wait wait wait

There are hot lesbians?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Every Jeep thread is a pic thread!

https://i.ibb.co/0KKSqMJ/20210930-123847.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I see a lot of women driving them locally. I dont get it, it seems like a horrible kid and grocery hauler.
View Quote

This…..
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Any mopar is 99% junk
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any mopar is 99% junk
View Quote

Absolutely Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#20]
You guys look at this all wrong.
Jeeps no matter who owns them are capable vehicles.  If we’re lucky maybe there will be a flood of used one when gas hits $?

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#21]
In my midwest suburb the 4 door wranglers are 90% plus driven by chicks.  They issue them to the basic soccer moms along with their bad tattoos I think.  Might as well make them all 2wd since the only off road action they'll ever see is when they get driven over a curb at the local strip mall. Jeeps are like the fitness wear of vehicles.  The people wearing workout clothes around don't actually work out and the vast majority of jeeps never go off road. It's all about projecting a lifestyle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#22]
nearly everytime there is a fast lane, slow down on the highway here, when there is no real traffic, its either a prius or a jeep.
I mean, I understand they are probably flooring it, just to get up to minimal highway speed, but jeez, get a real adult vehicle already..........
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You guys look at this all wrong.
Jeeps no matter who owns them are capable vehicles.  If we’re lucky maybe there will be a flood of used one when gas hits $?

View Quote

Their wives still won't let them buy one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Last real Jeep was the CJ-7 with a 360 motor,
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
nearly everytime there is a fast lane, slow down on the highway here, when there is no real traffic, its either a prius or a jeep.
I mean, I understand they are probably flooring it, just to get up to minimal highway speed, but jeez, get a real adult vehicle already..........
View Quote

Ya know when you make a post in a thread trying to diss Jeep owners you ought to at least post something that’s not completely idiotic. I can assure you that my Jeep gets along at whatever speed traffic is going. Posting what you did just makes you sound stupid. Being a new member, do better.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Only for the jealous people who can't afford them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
my wife has owned a jeep. i have not.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#28]
jeeps are girl cars like glocks are girl guns.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Jeeps aren't girl cars.

But, a girl who drives a jeep does something for me. Or, it could be the GSD. Or maybe the 1911 on the seat. Probably the whole "ready for the apocalypse" package.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/ce0442dac810239d0e0a154cf67dc1e7_jpg-2375219.JPG
View Quote

that gas station she went to is in california near pearblossom highway.  i went there.  you can see the mountains are the same.  they're not mexico though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Wait wait wait

There are hot lesbians?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Jeeps are AMERICAN cars.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Jelly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Miata master race checking in. I voted no out of solidarity
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I am a handsome successful attorney with a svelte physique, a big dick and a beautiful wife. So I can drive what I want.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#36]

In the background making sandwiches??
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

All stock. Daily driver.  

Rough country is perhaps the best lift money can buy right now. Except maybe skyjacker.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Death wobble is for dumbasses who don’t take of their shit. YJs aren’t immune.

And you have made my point. You need to heavily modify your YJ just to keep up.

Squares aren’t real Jeeps anyhow.

LOL, I modified my jeep because I wanted a jeep that would go anywhere I pointed it, and yes you are right yj's aren't immune to death wobble, however they are less likely to have it happen.
Also what am I trying to keep up with? Your tj on a rough country lift and 35s?

All stock. Daily driver.  

Rough country is perhaps the best lift money can buy right now. Except maybe skyjacker.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:Sorry, BMW surrendered that crown to Audi a couple of years ago.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Death wobble is for dumbasses who don’t take of their shit. YJs aren’t immune.

And you have made my point. You need to heavily modify your YJ just to keep up.

Squares aren’t real Jeeps anyhow.

LOL, I modified my jeep because I wanted a jeep that would go anywhere I pointed it, and yes you are right yj's aren't immune to death wobble, however they are less likely to have it happen.
Also what am I trying to keep up with? Your tj on a rough country lift and 35s?

All stock. Daily driver.  

#trustthescience
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

My first 2 were 2dr.  Then I actually looked inside a 4dr model.  Holy shit!  So much more room for gear.  Fold the back seats down and you get even MORE room.  

Even with the back seat totally removed from the jeep, the 2dr model still has less room than the 4dr with the seat folded.

The only thing you sacrifice is breakover angle, and you get more tow capacity from the longer wheelbase.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My first 2 were 2dr.  Then I actually looked inside a 4dr model.  Holy shit!  So much more room for gear.  Fold the back seats down and you get even MORE room.  

Even with the back seat totally removed from the jeep, the 2dr model still has less room than the 4dr with the seat folded.

The only thing you sacrifice is breakover angle, and you get more tow capacity from the longer wheelbase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot to mention the bonus of catching the gay once you transition to 4 doors.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
bc they are designed for women now. same w the new grand chero. i swear with the new mld they lowered the dash a couple inches and shrank the  wideth/widened the middle console a ton. so cramped that my knees constantly rested on the middle console/dash even with the seat all the way back. you could tell they made it to fit women immediately compared to the old gen that had plenty of room.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The modern ones have become a little more feminine.

I'd take my old CJ7 back in a heartbeat though.
My wife had a 2018 and has a 2022 now. The 18 I could handle driving for about 6 hours max. The new one is so small on the inside I want out after 30 minutes. No leg room at all or head room.
bc they are designed for women now. same w the new grand chero. i swear with the new mld they lowered the dash a couple inches and shrank the  wideth/widened the middle console a ton. so cramped that my knees constantly rested on the middle console/dash even with the seat all the way back. you could tell they made it to fit women immediately compared to the old gen that had plenty of room.

Which gyration GC are you complaining about?  My ‘14 WK2 is way bigger than my ‘94 ZJ was - I’m 6’4” and was able to drive both comfortably but the WK2 is way better on the road.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

yup, compared to cj's and yj's they are. I'll take my sbc, one ton swapped, leaf sprung yj over some gay coil sprung,death wobble sack of dog shit anyday of the week.
View Quote

So you have a “Jeep” frame & body….  Comparing your Frankenstein YJ to a OEM TJ is beyond retarded.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Last real Jeep was the CJ-7 with a 360 motor, short of the Rubicon 392 that is a special order, of 2.5% made for the entire yearly runs, and going to cost you close to $100K out the door if you don't mind the huge wait to get one.
Granted that they are offering a diesel as well in the new models that is a little easier to get, it's littered with over heat problems.

As for the money is going to cost you to get a Man's Rubicon 392, may as well say screw it, and get a Merc G wagon instead.

Rest of the motor lines up, it's not about HP to pull it around/up the trails with larger tires on (that they are lacking), but the amount of torque the motors don't have either to even idle grunt it self out of deep sand . The V6 Rubicon only has 245ftlb of torque.

Then we get in locking diffs (front and rear) and its another sour subject for most of the models that don't come with as well.

So yes, they still offer  a Man's version if you are willing to drop $100K for the Rubicon 392, but for the most part on the Wranger versions, Girls/Soccer mom models not really designed to go any farther then the side of the road in regards to off roading.

Lastly, huge note and what made the 70's model drive lines bullet proof and where the jeep really go it's reputation, has not been that way for a long time with the newer drive lines.  It kind of reminds me of  the new Bronco Sports, that for the most part, it's motor is the Eco boost 3 cylinder motor that will never make it to 100K, even if only road driven.
View Quote

The Dana 30 & AMC 20 axles in my ‘79 CJ-7 were total overkill for the AMC 304 V8 and 31” tires said brian4wd never……. The Currie 9” axles front & rear were a waste of money, right?  Or maybe it was the 3spd T-150 that made Jeep the epitome of “man’s Jeep” ?

Nostalgia is great but don’t let it blind you reality.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You forgot to mention the bonus of catching the gay once you transition to 4 doors.
View Quote

It's not gay if it has a 392 in it.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I’ve always wanted to build a custom Jeep but at the speed that I build cars, I would be 87 by the time I finished.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
jeeps are girl cars like glocks are girl guns.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've always wanted to build a custom Jeep but at the speed that I build cars, I would be 87 by the time I finished.
View Quote
I'm not sure what availability/price/legality is like now.  But at one point in time you could build your own CJ7 for not that much money, considering it would be a 100% brand new vehicle.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top