Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If people are healthy and successful(and conservative) I sort of think it's a moral imperative to have children.

I usually hear the "I'll never have kids" thing from my crazy hippy cousin who is a Marxist.

Strangely I hear it on here often.

I sort of thought the "no-kids" mentality was a result of ethno-Marxist brainwashing or immoral urban consumerism(think Sex & the City TV show)
View Quote

You're wrong
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love this threads.

"If you don't give into a biological imperative to procreate you're broken"

Start a thread about monogomy being unnatural and you'll be told that humans should be above the base instincts of lessser animals.

Pick one.
View Quote
Nope.  They can't push their agenda unless they can stay logically incongruent.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want a kid...I just can't find anyone that will let me stick my dick in them
View Quote
Where does one find good looking single conservative chicks these days who are fun to be around? And don't say church.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Agree to disagree I suppose, but I don’t think so.
Healthy people should have, and want to have children.
It is literally the reason for our existence.

People that decide not to are simply selfish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are many reasons for not having children.  Passing a negative judgment on all people who choose not to reproduce is very small-minded.

WHA....
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Their favorite term is crotchfruit, when I hear that I know I'm dealing with an imbecile.
View Quote
I learned it from GD.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I learned it from GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their favorite term is crotchfruit, when I hear that I know I'm dealing with an imbecile.
I learned it from GD.
Crotchfruit is a reference to children borne to unfit parents who cannot support their progeny themselves.

I'd never apply it to people who have the resources to do it right.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where does one find good looking single conservative chicks these days who are fun to be around? And don't say church.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to nab them in their late teens and lock that shit down.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Folks who don't want kids are generally poor candidates for parenthood.  They're just taking their selves out of the gene pool.

I'll spare you any moral judgment on that decision because it's a deeply personal thing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I made one
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Folks who don't want kids are generally poor candidates for parenthood.  They're just taking their selves out of the gene pool.

I'll spare you any moral judgment on that decision because it's a deeply personal thing.
View Quote
Ironically though, some of the best parents are the ones that have one on accident, and some of the worst parents are the ones that plan the shit out of it.

I guess you are either paternal or you aren't, and I honestly don't think it triggers (or doesn't) until you actually have one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP is the Holier than thou type whom knows what's better for you than yourself.
View Quote
The world is full of petty little would be tyrants who know how to live your life better than you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's not like anyone's bloodline is anything special, go back a few generations and there are plenty of other branches that share a pile of your DNA and spread it to other people.

I always get a kick out of the people that use that argument, because if you aren't out there breeding with as many partners as possible, you aren't doing squat to proliferate your DNA. Not to mention that two generations down no one will care about you, I don't expect my great grandchildren to remember much about me, or even care that much.
View Quote
I always get a kick out of this nihilistic viewpoint. To each his own
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Go jump off a cliff.  The not having kids = selfishness line is pure bullshit and is a rather pedantic manipulation.
View Quote
I better not, kids to support n' all
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I have my personal reasons for not having kids and if some people want pass a summary judgement on me without personally knowing me, well fuck them.

Trust me, I will die happy and content on my deathbed with the lack of progeny around me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Everyone who is different than me sucks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Let's fight for our 2A rights, protect the US Constitution, live free or die!

So that we can allow Western Civilization to dry up and disappear.

Fuck the sacrifices made by the dozen or so modern generations of my ancestors.

I AM THE FINAL END PRODUCT--- IT WAS ALL FOR ME!!!!!!

I have no obligation to them, or to the God who made it possible.

My great grandfather boarded a ship, left Copenhagen, started from nothing, failed at farming in Illinois, failed at farming in Wisconsin, finally succeeded in Minnesota where he built a solid foundation for our family.  FUCK HIM!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I will be supported in my dotage by the labor of OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS.

I feel no moral compunction about any of this, because I am a modern American.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Crotchfruit is a reference to children borne to unfit parents who cannot support their progeny themselves.

I'd never apply it to people who have the resources to do it right.
View Quote
Crotch fruit and fuck trophy are perfect descriptions for the bastard offspring of trashy whores. If using them is wrong I don't want to be right.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#19]
If you knew your kid was going to kill himself at age 22, would you make sacrifices in your life to send him to college?

If you can answer that, then you can answer whether you have any connection to the sacrifices of your ancestors that got you the opportunity to live in the greatest country at the greatest time in the history of humanity.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My great grandfather boarded a ship, left Copenhagen, started from nothing, failed at farming in Illinois, failed at farming in Wisconsin, finally succeeded in Minnesota where he built a solid foundation for our family.  FUCK HIM!!!!!!!!

View Quote
Pappy Copenhagen didn't do it for you, he did it for him, and he sure as shit wasn't praying you'd champion the supposed imperative to procreate on some internet forum when he shot his load into your great grandma.

You're overdoing it.

There are other ways to contribute to society.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If people are healthy and successful(and conservative) I sort of think it's a moral imperative to have children.

I usually hear the "I'll never have kids" thing from my crazy hippy cousin who is a Marxist.

I sort of thought the "no-kids" mentality was a result of ethno-Marxist brainwashing or immoral urban consumerism(think Sex & the City TV show)
View Quote
Economics have made having children incredibly hard...unless the .gov is paying, in which case you'll have a whole gang of them.  You want to fix the birth rate issue?  Change the tax code so that 1) child tax credits are not refundable and 2) child tax credits are way larger than they are now.  You'll have that problem solved post haste, but it'll never happen.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#22]
double tap?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I always preferred the term "fuck trophy".
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
As the father to two sets of twin girls born 11 months apart, who are all now in middle school, all I have to say is that these " No kids" people are fucking geniuses...
View Quote
There is a REASON that the distribution of intelligence measured as IQ has the shape that it does.  If higher intelligence was correlated with reproductive "success" (or "fitness" or whatever you want to call it,) the correlation would be a steady slope up from left to right.

Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
How many kids you got? If it is not 3 or more living into adulthood, then your ideals of advancing Western Civilization is for nought.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's not like anyone's bloodline is anything special, go back a few generations and there are plenty of other branches that share a pile of your DNA and spread it to other people.

I always get a kick out of the people that use that argument, because if you aren't out there breeding with as many partners as possible, you aren't doing squat to proliferate your DNA. Not to mention that two generations down no one will care about you, I don't expect my great grandchildren to remember much about me, or even care that much.
View Quote
Sucks that your family doesn't care that much about your ancestors. I can trace all branches of my lineage at least 8-10 generations.

It seems no one remembers the great great uncles that never had any children. They are mostly just a footnote in the tree with a DOB and a Death date. No stories, no pictures.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pappy Copenhagen didn't do it for you, he did it for him, and he sure as shit wasn't praying you'd champion the supposed imperative to procreate on some internet forum when he shot his load into your great grandma.

You're overdoing it.

View Quote
If you have kids, at some point you start to realize that indeed you ARE doing it for them.  You probably always knew subconsciously.

I remember saying goodbye to my grandfather on his death bed.  Looking back now, there's no question that he knew he was doing it for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There is a REASON that the distribution of intelligence measured as IQ has the shape that it does.  If higher intelligence was correlated with reproductive "success" (or "fitness" or whatever you want to call it,) the correlation would be a steady slope up from left to right.

http://open.lib.umn.edu/intropsyc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/02/d73ccd6f6f078851c839adbfac443d77.jpg
View Quote
IQ is an average of all humans so it will always be a bell curve
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Nothing to do with bolshevism.  It has to do with trying to remain middle class.  Kids are expensive and the (invisible) inflation makes it harder to attain middle class and stay there.  Houses are over $1 mil in San Francisco and a person making $100k is not going to buy soon
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How many kids you got? If it is not 3 or more living into adulthood, then your ideals of advancing Western Civilization if for nought.
View Quote
It's three, and only three because their mom quit on us.

And I'm talking about a broad look, forward and back, as to how someone consciously and with forethought decides that he is, should be, and deserves to be the end of the line.

Almost no one on this board who can afford a computer couldn't find a way to raise kids responsibly.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only way I'd say church answering that question is if it was accompanied by "do not look for them in".  I don't know where a young man would find women like that anymore, but I know that church is not that place.  Very happy to be out of the dating pool at this point.

There is possibly an alternative for ATC.  If you are willing to adopt, and you're willing to accept a child that might not be completely perfect, it can be surprisingly easy even doing it as a single parent.  It will depend on the laws in your state, of course.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you have kids, at some point you start to realize that indeed you ARE doing it for them.
View Quote
Shhh, he is just rationalizing his poor choices
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If you have kids, at some point you start to realize that indeed you ARE doing it for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I actually agree I guess. I don't agree that you can't contribute to society in other ways, and I'll say I do want children, but I've had lengthy discussions with friends who do not and understand their perspective as well.

Quoted:

Shhh, he is just rationalizing his poor choices
Still young, want kids
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://open.lib.umn.edu/intropsyc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/02/d73ccd6f6f078851c839adbfac443d77.jpg
Not necessarily.  It has the bell curve shape because intelligence is largely heritable.  If highly intelligent people had more children than people of average intelligence, the curve would be flatter, or an upward slope as I described above.  The persistent bulge in the middle is a result of people of average intelligence having more children (on average) then people at either extreme.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Horse shit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Nah, I just look at those with kids & see how drained of life they are. Smile and go on my way.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're overdoing it.

Because it gives you feelings of enjoyment, satisfaction, pride etc.  You want them to succeed because their success makes you feel good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
As the father to two sets of twin girls born 11 months apart, who are all now in middle school, all I have to say is that these " No kids" people are fucking geniuses...
View Quote
Holy shit!

My ex-wife and I have one daughter.

There were days that little girl made me want to yank my rapidly graying hair out...

Four? Vaya con Dios brother
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Almost no one on this board who can afford a computer couldn't find a way to raise kids responsibly.
View Quote
I do not agree with this assessment.  I assume you are referring to financial responsibility.  There are other types of responsibility needed, that is sorely lacked among most people.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nah, I just look at those with kids & see how drained of life they are. Smile and go on my way.
View Quote
Yep, your parents were "drained" from time to time as well-- thank them.

You'll owe them big time when YOU are on your death bed and there's no one to pass your wisdom and their sacrifice on to.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#41]
OP please tell me what moral imperative means to you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Because it gives you feelings of enjoyment, satisfaction, pride etc.  You want them to succeed because their success makes you feel good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're overdoing it.

Is this some weird way of calling me selfish?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not necessarily.  It has the bell curve shape because intelligence is largely heritable.  If highly intelligent people had more children than people of average intelligence, the curve would be flatter, or an upward slope as I described above.  The persistent bulge in the middle is a result of people of average intelligence having more children (on average) then people at either extreme.
View Quote
You could argue that folks on the low IQ side of the curve would reproduce more than the average level IQ and the same as highly intelligent people, thus making it a bell curve.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#44]
There are some really angry people in her
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And I'm talking about a broad look, forward and back, as to how someone consciously and with forethought decides that he is, should be, and deserves to be the end of the line.
View Quote
So you feel like you owe it to your ancestors to have kids because they had you?

The child has no obligation to the parent, it wasn't their choice to be made.

Now obviously people with good parents will be loyal to them for the duration of their life (love and family is a great thing), but you don't owe it to anyone to continue passing on your DNA. No bad will come from it if you don't, it's not like the entire species is hinging on you having a kid or two. On the grand scheme we are thriving and growing exponentially, the choice of certain people not to breed will have little over all effect on that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

BS.  Having kids is the most selfish thing you can do.
View Quote
Ahh, Could you elaborate?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Please don't peddle that bullshit here.  I have a kid, and I love her, but I was perfectly happy without kids...now I couldn't imagine not having her around.  Kids aren't for everyone.  I know lots of happy couples with no kids....and they lead the type of lifestyle that just isn't right for kids. It's their life...let them be happy.

Kids aren't for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There are some really angry people in her
View Quote
SHUT UP AND BREED!!!

Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Wife and I didn't want kids. Her reasons are a strong family history of dementia and epilepsy. Mine were my friends with kids my age don't seem happy. They have no social life or hobbies that doesn't directly revolve around their kids. I know multiple guys that burn all their vacation time every year travelling to watch their kids sports events and drop every spare dime on their kids hobbies with nothing for themselves. Hunting only 1 weekend a year because the wife can't spare them for more.

As we have matured we have discussed adopting as there are thousands of great kids with no one. Midas well try to help a kid or three who has no one else to help them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not all people are healthy, even people who appear outwardly to be so.  Some people decide not to have children because of their own medical reasons, including genetics.  And that is a very private, personal matter.
View Quote
Yup. My best man is one of those people. He doesn't want to pass on his genes due to conditions he has.

Some people just don't want kids. Why is that a big deal? Why do other people care if they don't? Not everybody should be a parent. If someone is mature enough to realize that they don't want kids(or shouldn't have kids) they should be thanked. Too often we see people who shouldn't have kids, have them(due to social pressures or whatever). Then those kids get abandoned or neglected, and then the government steps in to take care of them.

I have a 4 month old daughter and i cannot imagine my life without her. She's the best thing that ever happened to me and i love her with all my heart. I also know that i have only walked in my own shoes and i have no right to judge the decision of someone else who doesn't want kids. Live your own life and stop worrying about what others do.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top