Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
OP's new call sign - "Gravity"
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hope it can be fixed.  The ball of my right hip collapsed due to avascular necrosis, and I ended up with this:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1087/83132.JPG
View Quote

Similar to mine.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Do they have you on any blood thinners?  Clots thrown from broken hips are killers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Some grim fucking details you're looking for

Best of luck with the healing Op!
View Quote
Unfortunately, his recovery will likely be influenced by those "grim fucking details."

Best of luck, OP.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm not sure the trauma surgeon still hasn't talked to me. The attending doc that saw them said it's at the knob.
View Quote
Hang in there ............ it will get better.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do they have you on any blood thinners?  Clots thrown from broken hips are killers.
View Quote

That concern was never expressed by any of the medical people I saw. But they strongly warned about even minor infections possibly causing problems with the hip implant. To the point of telling me to take antibiotics before having my teeth cleaned! For the rest of my life!

BTW: my rapid recovery may be somewhat related to the fact that, although I'm mid-60's, I'm in decent shape overall and not overweight.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is a cheer that will make you feel better "Hip hip hooray!"
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Ugh, sorry to hear this.  A friend of mine was recently run over by a pickup truck while road biking (whether he should be out on the road riding on a bicycle is another argument) and fractured his hip, compound fractured his tibia and degloved the back of his leg.  He's currently bouncing between surgeons, and getting abscesses drained.  He's not having a whole lot of fun and he's getting to experience the full ride of modern medicine.. warts and all.  

I hope you get feeling better very soon and get back out there.  It's not going to be a pain-free recovery, but if you follow what the PT people recommend you stand the best chance of returning to a normal life.  Normally they have you up and walking the day after surgery.  You'll be fine!
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Whatever you do, if it does not heal do not get an osteotomy. Go directly to an artificial hip regardless what the doctor says. Been there done that and I'm on my third hip surgery.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Hope for a speedy recovery OP.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Get better op!
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the plan surgery ASAP?

Ask the ER doc for a nerve block. Hopefully they can get you in quick, depending on the break you can lose blood flow and decrease the integrity of the bone, especially if you drink or use steroids long term.

Sucks but at least there is fix and recovery isn't too bad. I'm in three hip replacements this morning actually.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Took my mini-laptop with me when I went for hip surgery in July, no problems. I surfed ARF, FB and CL but stayed away from the local nursehooker ad sites just to be careful.

Wishing OP best of luck with the surgery!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arf is allowed in the hospital? Last time I was in it was blocked and used data.

Took my mini-laptop with me when I went for hip surgery in July, no problems. I surfed ARF, FB and CL but stayed away from the local nursehooker ad sites just to be careful.

Wishing OP best of luck with the surgery!

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

so hot... get better soon bro!
View Quote

Right? Motivational get well soon pic:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, you still with us?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OP, you still with us?
View Quote

My guess was surgery.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny, the timing of this thread. I just received my EOB from my insurance company. $202k for just the surgeon.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to my world. Let me show you around.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://i.postimg.cc/DzdPmrV5/Hip.jpg
View Quote

It seems.....familiar.

I have the mirror image of that scar.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:14:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Those are some sexy thigh-highs baby....show me more.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can't tell...is that your bra strap?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#23]
A little update. Turned out to be bone cancer. Pretty aggressively destroyed the bone which in turn caused it to break so easily. I still haven’t gotten it fixed but if the CT scan comes back negative of cancer anywhere else it’ll just be a cut out and replace with a titanium unit from what I understand.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A little update. Turned out to be bone cancer. Pretty aggressively destroyed the bone which in turn caused it to break so easily. I still haven't gotten it fixed but if the CT scan comes back negative of cancer anywhere else it'll just be a cut out and replace with a titanium unit from what I understand.
View Quote
Well that's fucking awful.  I'm sorry dude and best of luck.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A little update. Turned out to be bone cancer. Pretty aggressively destroyed the bone which in turn caused it to break so easily. I still haven’t gotten it fixed but if the CT scan comes back negative of cancer anywhere else it’ll just be a cut out and replace with a titanium unit from what I understand.
View Quote

Yikes. I hope your scans are clear and that everything goes smoothly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn bro

Get that shit fixed up and kick cancers ass
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

That sucks man.  

I read your first post and you seemed a bit young to break a large bone from falling.   Its usually significant trauma for people under 50.

Prayers that they caught it quick and can get it out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cancer sucks but in your case it may have saved your life. Get well soon!
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hips was a typo. Broke my right hip. Lost footing in the shower and came down like a sack of potatoes.
View Quote

The only time I came down in a shower involved lots of tricep and wrist motion and aim towards the drain.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry to hear but can you suck yourself off now?

Happy Thanksgiving and hope you get well
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy shit.  That is a bad story getting worse.  Hopefully it’s fate that you found it this way and you can repair and heal.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Prayers are in the air, OP.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Holy shit.  That is a bad story getting worse.  Hopefully it’s fate that you found it this way and you can repair and heal.
View Quote

This, for sure! The man upstairs has his ways!
I wish you the best OP, keep us updated! Prayers for you buddy!
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I was going to make some kind of sex joke.  It would have been good but, now I won't seeing your update.  I pray you will get well and live a very long time..
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Prayers inbound OP.

Best of luck, and keep an update here if you can.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn, that sucks. Get well soon!
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A little update. Turned out to be bone cancer. Pretty aggressively destroyed the bone which in turn caused it to break so easily. I still haven't gotten it fixed but if the CT scan comes back negative of cancer anywhere else it'll just be a cut out and replace with a titanium unit from what I understand.
View Quote

A blessing in disguise, hopefully.  Welcome in advance to the Titanium Hip Club!
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now you can one up people when they complain about how awful a year it's been.

In any case, it sounds like slipping in the shower ended up being a good thing.

I hope you get a good CT scan, and are in and out with your new robo hip in record time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Prayers sent.

Hope you get better soon.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Prayers out that this was literally a lucky break and they can get it all.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top