BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Basically this. If he is "up there" I don't want to meet that dick.
View Quote

I doubt you will meet Him.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If you talk too critically of religion in the religion forum you will get a stern talking to from the Mod of God.
View Quote
Who will let those of a particular sect break all the rules that others are modded for.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And that right there is a big problem - and just one of many things that gets me labeled as a heretic by nearly all modern denominations despite being a believer.

"Divinely inspired" should not be conflated with "infallibly correct", especially throughout not only thousands of years, but also translations between many different languages. The supposed "perfection" of any given translation is something that should give anyone pause, including the faithful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was taught that every word of the Bible is truth, that there is not even one error...

And that right there is a big problem - and just one of many things that gets me labeled as a heretic by nearly all modern denominations despite being a believer.

"Divinely inspired" should not be conflated with "infallibly correct", especially throughout not only thousands of years, but also translations between many different languages. The supposed "perfection" of any given translation is something that should give anyone pause, including the faithful.

All of that plus the fact that The Bible was written for people living a step or two above caveman.

It’s dumbed down for human understanding with a mix of stories that range from accurate to allegory to ballpark then translated and re-translated over and over for 2000 years.

The “Bible is absolutely 100% exactly true and must be taken verbatim” crowd like OP’s church hasn’t done anyone any favors in accepting God’s word.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Finally! Someone else who thinks like I do. I'm a believer as well but I struggle with many aspects of the Bible, especially the fact that the Catholics had centuries to create what they wanted out of it. I treat it more as a collection of morality fables based on history. Do I believe Jesus was delivered to save us from our selves and died for my sins? Absolutely. Do I believe the Genisis story, no, no I don't.

My daughter will still be dedicated to our church (a great non denomination worship based church) and will be baptized when she's old enough to understand
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#5]
That's the problem with Sola Scriptura; the bible has many errors in it. Try Catholicism instead.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#6]
my god dose not go to your church
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was raised in church as well, but I took a different route than you, I’ve only just begun to really believe and have faith.
I think we have the drive to investigate and pour over scriptures and expect everything to make sense in a collection of over 50 books composed of a lot of different authors. Many of which where written based on second or third hand accounts of events that occurred decades if not centuries prior. Not only that, the ability to dictate in words how these events and the way that the authors or their sources encountered God, and for those differences in literal documentation and translations make it a challenge for us. Especially the Old Testament and the fact it was recorded over 2 thousand years ago. The fact that the books even survived and were even passed on for millennia and translated even close to how they where originally written is miraculous in itself.
Obviously the most recent, if 2000 years is recent, narration of Christ and the disciples is somewhat easier to wrap our minds around.

I’m not trying to change your thinking and I’m far from being a scriptural scholar. For me though I grew closer to Christianity when I gave up the urge to have a perfect explanation for all of my doubt. That’s when I realized faith is a lot easier when I didn’t have to have all the answers but believe that one day it will all make sense. And if I’m wrong then what difference will it make in the end? My life is better none the less having believed.
View Quote

How is this a valid explanation? He created the UNIVERSE but allows errors in his only book???
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#8]
An anecdote: Mark Twain, an atheist, was observed thumbing through the Bible while on his deathbed. He was asked if he was seeking spiritual guidance. He replied that he was looking for loopholes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's too bad you never found any competent help.
There are so many issues with translating comprehensive languages into English. It's like stuffing 100lbs of sand in a 50lbs box, you're going to inevitably lose something.
Every word of the Bible is true, but the English versions are so bad that in some cases it's tough to consider them Bibles.
One of the best examples of how poorly suited English is as a translation medium is the term elohim. I've never seen someone who wasn't fluent in Hebrew even get close to making sense of it.

One revelation that typically help people who've given up is the prospective of ancient people. The Bible wasn't written to us, and we don't have the education and world view of it's intended audience.
While the Bible is true, it's not everything.
There is a lot of history and culture the original consumers of the old testament knew that we don't even have easy access to, much less know and understand.
For most people the Bible may as well be a cuneiform tablet, just reading it like a modern narrative will only get you so far.
You can get the basics, Jesus Christ became human and sacrificed himself because that was the only viable option to redeem humanity after Eden, Babel, and some of the events Enoch talked about.
But digging deeper with only a translation to a crude language and zero historical context is a recipe for total confusion.
You apparently tried, but there's a reason why people dedicate their lives to teaching the scriptures, it's not something you can just figure out.

Hopefully after you've had time to reflect you'll come back and work the kinks out.
Dr. Michael Heiser's work will be a big help.

View Quote

Agreed on all points except the last. Avoid Heiser. John H Walton is a FAR better option as far as understanding the OT in its cultural context is concerned - but don't make a man a hill to die on.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I agree

Thankfully Christianity as taught specifically by Jesus and in the New Testament has very little to do with that but rather faith in Jesus.

Also good by what standard?
View Quote

Respecting the rights of others for one thing. Just because you aren't a believer doesn't mean you want to prohibit anyone else from believing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#11]
you need to discern the Kingdom
beware the churches and the government is what Jesus said
even if you are born again you can't think like the world thinks
Jesus gave us the power and left us in charge.......you didn't know that, but you have to put your big boy panties on and know that the world is totally fucked but He didn't leave us alone.  Start there
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't leave. I don't know how to formulate words for this reason without writing a 6 page explanation. But don't leave.  Cry out to God about this current struggle of disbelief and lack of faith. Spend genuine alone time in fervent prayer with Him. I promise you on all that I am He will answer you if you come to Him completely open and broken.
View Quote

I spent the last 10 years crying out and reading. The more I read, the more it hurt my faith. I think must people here telling me I'm wrong have not truely read through the whole bible but instead listened to others on what they should believe.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Yada yada yada.

It's all about beliefs. Can't be proven. Do not need to be.
Belief is a power that builds and burns worlds.

Fox hole prayers are enough for me. No need to question was it God or not. Just go with it.

Chasing a rabbit, gotta change when it changes. Trying to make human sense if it does nothing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is the easy answer to so many problems. If you were Good and truely wanted everyone to believe, wouldn't you make the process a lot more simple? Or maybe provide a bit of input over the past 2000 years?
View Quote
It's a long-term relationship kinda like a marriage. My relationship with both my wife and God has changed dramatically over the years as I grew and changed.

For the record, I tried to ignore and deny God for a good 15 years or so of my life after I was burned by the church and Christians. At first I felt liberated - and I still do - but I found that God didn't leave me and was always there when I backslid in my non-belief.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I only had time to read op's post nothing more, will check back in later.

Here is my problem with the bible that I would appreciate comments on. They had no copy machines until barely before I was born, yes we had printing presses for several hundred years but the old testament is how many thousands (that is thousand plural) years old. Some guy took notes on clay and another guy came along and was supposed to translate said notes onto...clay and decipher what first guy was trying to say??

Remember the game we all played in school where teach had us sit in a circle and started a story with first kid and by the time the last kid heard said story it was completely different?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry you're leaving.

It doesn't sound to me like you don't believe in God, but instead wonder why if he is all powerful he doesn't put an end to the evil going on in the world.

I can't imagine there isn't a God. There is no way all of this just happened. That we survive on this earth by chance or strictly science. There is something bigger and deeper at work here.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Snip

Hopefully after you've had time to reflect you'll come back and work the kinks out.

View Quote

Came here to post this.
There is nothing wrong with questioning and seeking answers, it's actually expected. What gets in the way are humans, who are fallible, acting as gatekeepers for what they believe is the truth and replacing belief with dogma and creeds, which does not leave room for discussion. In this process, the more difficult passages and harder to explain points are brushed off as "well, this is really complicated, so let's just skip it", not every church person or pastor is capable of being a scholar. Some less so than others, and the result are people falling away for unanswered questions.

Dr. Heiser is amazing, in that he is a scholar and is able to break things down to the lay person level, and devotes considerable energy to the more difficult points that are brought up.

The most common mistake we make is framing the bible in a modern context, instead of the context in which it was written (understanding the ancient near eastern culture, and bordering cultures and languages that affected the writers). For Dr. Heiser, his journey started with Psalm 82, and "the divine council", on which he wrote his doctoral thesis and a number of his books on. It was one of those, "let's just skip it" complicated passages.

Rediscovering The Spiritual Realm With Dr. Michael Heiser
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#19]
You may have read a bible, but was it a King James bible?

And if you aren't saved then you won't get much from it.

There are no contradictions or errors in the King James bible, only between your ears.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I spent the last 10 years crying out and reading. The more I read, the more it hurt my faith. I think must people here telling me I'm wrong have not truely read through the whole bible but instead listened to others on what they should believe.
View Quote

You sound wishy washy. If you don't accept the Word of God as the truth, you can't trust God. You need to spend time in prayer asking God to unite you in his word.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's too bad you never found any competent help.
There are so many issues with translating comprehensive languages into English. It's like stuffing 100lbs of sand in a 50lbs box, you're going to inevitably lose something.
Every word of the Bible is true, but the English versions are so bad that in some cases it's tough to consider them Bibles.
One of the best examples of how poorly suited English is as a translation medium is the term elohim. I've never seen someone who wasn't fluent in Hebrew even get close to making sense of it.

One revelation that typically help people who've given up is the prospective of ancient people. The Bible wasn't written to us, and we don't have the education and world view of it's intended audience.
While the Bible is true, it's not everything.
There is a lot of history and culture the original consumers of the old testament knew that we don't even have easy access to, much less know and understand.
For most people the Bible may as well be a cuneiform tablet, just reading it like a modern narrative will only get you so far.
You can get the basics, Jesus Christ became human and sacrificed himself because that was the only viable option to redeem humanity after Eden, Babel, and some of the events Enoch talked about.
But digging deeper with only a translation to a crude language and zero historical context is a recipe for total confusion.
You apparently tried, but there's a reason why people dedicate their lives to teaching the scriptures, it's not something you can just figure out.

View Quote

Again I ask, why would the creator of the universe write an incomplete book that confuses everyone. Why be both all powerful and completely invisible at the same time but then claim to only want every soul to believe in you. If he really wanted all of us to believe he would appear to each of us in person. This is easy for him. Not doing anything for 2000 years just doesn't make sense. It can be explained away in super complex ways, but it doesn't make sense
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Again I ask, why would the creator of the universe write an incomplete book that confuses everyone. Why be both all powerful and completely invisible at the same time but then claim to only want every soul to believe in you. If he really wanted all of us to believe he would appear to each of us in person. This is easy for him. Not doing anything for 2000 years just doesn't make sense. It can be explained away in super complex ways, but it doesn't make sense
View Quote

He didn't write it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

With all due respect to you both, you do get immortality on Earth for you and your loved ones by believing in God.
View Quote

source?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I’m a Christian, I believe in god, and god being perfection, but I don’t believe the Bible is perfect or infallible itself, because men wrote and assembled it.. I also don’t believe science proves my beliefs wrong, for example, evolution vs creationism. I don’t believe it’s either one or the other,  it can be both, or something we never considered before. There’s room to believe and have a open mind, and not slaved to blind devotion in everything.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He didn't write it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't write it.

Beginning to think OP is trolling. Says he was raised in the church since year 0 and always a follower. Doesn't know that God didn't write the Bible
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Francis thought of humans as sub creators, this might be a different way to address your point.

So we can create beautiful woodwork from trees, right? We can take two dog breeds and make a new breed. We are capable of subcreation, working with things that are already here. Same reason evolution also makes sense right? Things can change over time.

But we cannot create planets, life from scratch, etc.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

source?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With all due respect to you both, you do get immortality on Earth for you and your loved ones by believing in God.

source?

Looks like I forgot the "not". I'll go edit. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Christ Follower here
Every religion is the same except for christianity.
It is the only faith where God came down to meet man
The bible is the only book with thousands of predictions that came to pass
Secular writers  have actually vouched for Jesus and his life.

And yes, organized church can suck because it fails many times to address true christianity. For that, I am sorrry.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dude I went through the same stuff. It was Bible College that finally broke me, and this was the early 90's when helmet-haired preachers screaming about hell (while banging their staff and embezzling funds in private) were all the rage. Turns out I was reading it like they were and not like the guy who wrote it meant it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#31]
OP, there's always hot yoga...
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Beginning to think OP is trolling. Says he was raised in the church since year 0 and always a follower. Doesn't know that God didn't write the Bible
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't write it.

I'm of the opposite mind. I believe he started the thread because he wants to still believe, but is going through a trial of faith.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#33]
The Bible has been translated several times and it is a compilation of many books (many others were left out). To read it as one comprehensive story is kind of missing the point.

I say this as someone who struggles with their faith, but I do believe and God has spoken to me. I do not believe the Bible is the literal word of God. It was written by men, and there are some stories in it which can teach us to be better people and better children of God. Das it mayne.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am sorry to hear of your issues but faith can move mountains. As you know, God doesn't always give us an answer we want but the answers we need. I look back on my life and see things differently. I,too had some troubles with certain passages but had others I could ask for guidance and clarity, which helped immensely. Certain things in the bible were not written in depth but it doesn't mean it is contradicting, just giving us the basics. Many Godly men in the bible, were not always in God's favor as they turned away from Him themselves. Look at Abraham. He did not wait for God to give him a son with his wife but did so with a maid/servant and that child was not blessed by God, as the servant was not a Godly women. Abraham was tested but his faith stood strong and God blessed him and his family many times over. God tests us all of the time and it is up to us to receive/trust Him or turn away.

We are not incapable of sinning as we are just human, a creation of God of which He holds very dear to Himself. If that were not true, why would He send His son to die for us? We are not worthy of such a sacrifice but because we screw up over and over again, He gave the ultimate sacrifice-"giving His life for a friend". He did not do it for the angels but for us, even though Jesus knew what was going to happen to Him before it even happened. We,humans, did that to Him and yet He still loved us to die for us. From the moment He was born, we humans wanted to destroy Him and yet He still endured all that He did for us. Unfortunately, we rebel against that very love and even today, this country is falling under less of His blessings as people want to turn away from Him instead of towards Him. Look around you and see the issues we are having.

Satan is also just another creation and was cast out of God's favor and will never to return to his place before his fall. He was allowed to come to Earth but he has a certain time left on it and then he will be judged first. Satan creates the doubt, as he wants as many to follow him because he knows his fate and wants to destroy as many others as he can to join him in eternal punishment. Satan does not want good for you but wants you to suffer as he will. Like I said, Satan is a creation only and is not anything like God. We have a way out of that judgement through Jesus and faith can get you there.  I can understand your frustrations, as I have my own but we must rely on Him to guide us. I will pray for you and your family for help and guidance.
View Quote

Please show me one mountain that has moved. With billions out there with faith, please show me one mountain that has moved.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I only had time to read op's post nothing more, will check back in later.

Here is my problem with the bible that I would appreciate comments on. They had no copy machines until barely before I was born, yes we had printing presses for several hundred years but the old testament is how many thousands (that is thousand plural) years old. Some guy took notes on clay and another guy came along and was supposed to translate said notes onto...clay and decipher what first guy was trying to say??

Remember the game we all played in school where teach had us sit in a circle and started a story with first kid and by the time the last kid heard said story it was completely different?
View Quote

The writen Word or "bible" is the most reliable of any writings, but not here to fight that fight
you have to get a Kingdom mind set.....the writen "words" are the keys on the typewriter that God uses to talk to us with. His spirit in us, speaks those written words to our spirit and our spirit tells our soul, mind/emotions, and with learning to discern that voice is how we effect worlds.....there you have it all grasshopper
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Other possibility: God is dealing with evil, just not how you want Him to and on your time schedule, because to do so would mean that He has to get rid of you.

ETA: and often what people deem as evil has more to do with their pespective than anything else.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm not going to tell you that.

I will offer you a different way of looking at it, more through a free will lens. It isn't that God gave your kids that disease, he didn't pick them out and say "I'm going to give these kids a bad disease." Disease occurs, just like there's always good and bad. Life dealt you a rough hand, no doubt.

Evil has to exist for good to mean anything. Horrible diseases have to exist for miraculous healing to mean anything. And of course there are in betweens of moderate disease, slow recovery, etc. You probably don't want to hear this, but in a way you will probably love and pay attention to your kids more than the average guy. On one side you have a terrible burden and an awful situation. On the other, you know the situation you are in and are painfully aware of how short life is and how special and valuable it is.

Do not get me wrong. I don't want to switch places with you, and I must certainly do not envy you. I'm just saying you have a very unique perspective that not everyone gets.
View Quote

I appreciate the sentiment, I really do, but at the end of the day it's me and my wife. Everything these kids know is the great life we claw from this world. The idea that there is some being that could literally snap all the struggle away is insulting. Even if he could, I don't want it. That they smile at their over the top birthday party, it's because I gave them that. Their struggle is my struggle. He can watch it happen all he wants, but he also can't claim any of this.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Christ Follower here
Every religion is the same except for christianity.
It is the only faith where God came down to meet man
The bible is the only book with thousands of predictions that came to pass
Secular writers  have actually vouched for Jesus and his life.

And yes, organized church can suck because it fails many times to address true christianity. For that, I am sorrry.

Attachment Attached File

This chart tying OT to NT prophecies alone is miraculous.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Isn’t this obvious from his post? He never really believed, just was raised that way and maybe went through the motions.

Most people would just stop going to church or just surface level act like they were Christian. OP’s post seems like he either has an axe to grind or wants the attention.

OP there’s good books on the criticisms you mentioned. Lots of good answers and reasons for faith. Maybe check those out before you’ve reached a conclusion, even though it seems like you’ve made up your mind. I’ll just say you’re here, around the right people. You must see that there is a spiritual battle between good and evil going on in this country. Just commit to fight for the good and truth, and you won’t be led astray. God Bless
View Quote

Say what you want, but I was a TRUE believer. To every last fiber of my being. The whole 9 yards.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#40]

Nice.

So, why didn't He?

In fact, let's up the stakes.  Why even create anything AT ALL?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#41]
What is there to say other then keep the faith.

Keep the fire inside and stay true to yourself no matter how dark the world becomes, know that there is a God and he has a plan for you. I've lost faith many times in my life and that's ok, just keep the faith.

The devil is very powerful do not let him win you over with his bull shit.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability
To lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

I hope God does exist.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Why do you say God left you when your dad died?  

FWIW, God still loves you, he didn’t do that to you, and you should find him again before it’s too late.  I’m sorry for your loss, but everyone dies.
View Quote

Don’t blame God for bad things that happen. Also, give him credit for good things that happen.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#44]
God is very real, both myself and my friend died in 1975 and he gave us our lives  back. Being in his presence was awesome, the power and his love is overwhelming
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Say what you want, but I was a TRUE believer. To every last fiber of my being. The whole 9 yards.
View Quote
A lot of people who claim Jesus spend more time convincing people they aren't saved than actually preaching salvation through Jesus.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is the easy answer to so many problems. If you were Good and truely wanted everyone to believe, wouldn't you make the process a lot more simple? Or maybe provide a bit of input over the past 2000 years?
View Quote

We are here to make a choice. You can choose to follow God and he will grant you faith and if you seek it knowledge. If you choose not to follow him he will turn his back on you. I think it's easier for some than others I personally struggle. We are each as close to God as we choose to be. I don't have the answers,. but I know the closer I try to be to God the better my life is. It's easy to make a mental decision and you can pick apart any book to suit your opinions. It's a feeling believing thing you will never rationalize it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I appreciate the sentiment, I really do, but at the end of the day it's me and my wife. Everything these kids know is the great life we claw from this world. The idea that there is some being that could literally snap all the struggle away is insulting. Even if he could, I don't want it. That they smile at their over the top birthday party, it's because I gave them that. Their struggle is my struggle. He can watch it happen all he wants, but he also can't claim any of this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not going to tell you that.

I will offer you a different way of looking at it, more through a free will lens. It isn't that God gave your kids that disease, he didn't pick them out and say "I'm going to give these kids a bad disease." Disease occurs, just like there's always good and bad. Life dealt you a rough hand, no doubt.

Evil has to exist for good to mean anything. Horrible diseases have to exist for miraculous healing to mean anything. And of course there are in betweens of moderate disease, slow recovery, etc. You probably don't want to hear this, but in a way you will probably love and pay attention to your kids more than the average guy. On one side you have a terrible burden and an awful situation. On the other, you know the situation you are in and are painfully aware of how short life is and how special and valuable it is.

Do not get me wrong. I don't want to switch places with you, and I must certainly do not envy you. I'm just saying you have a very unique perspective that not everyone gets.

We are much closer in agreement than you think.

You sound like you're doing the absolute best with the cards you were dealt, and you're treasuring what you have while you have it. You come off as a really solid guy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#48]
TL DR
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

How is this a valid explanation? He created the UNIVERSE but allows errors in his only book???
View Quote
What you are referring to as errors are actually tensions. This is a Hebraic concept that we in the west don't really grasp very well. Our western mathematical minds need everything black and white. The Hebraic understanding of God is not so black and white.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What you are referring to as errors are actually tensions. This is a Hebraic concept that we in the west don't really grasp very well. Our western mathematical minds need everything black and white. The Hebraic understanding of God is not so black and white.
View Quote
I'd like to know more about this.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top