Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:37:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dupe.

+1
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:43:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Economy sucks.  Member takes own time to possibly help a fellow member.  Proceeds to get shit on.

Sweet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks OP. I would love to make a little money on the side. I have tons of free time outside of my FT job.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks OP, applied to a couple jobs already, just for extra income. Maybe sending the wife this way.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to tag also that I've gone for a couple of the writing jobs, and I've been accepted. Still pursuing it, and the fight goes on.

Thanks OP, I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The company I work for uses Arise to take our calls. Some of our agents have been working for steadily for a few years now. They get paid by the minute and make commission so they can make some decent money.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Great info.

Thanks JaxsonRaine!

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#9]
My wife does Alpine Access and it's been working out very well. Paid training too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't suppose anyone knows something that would be available in Alaska or where to look?  The missus is unable to drive/be in public for more than an hour or two, but short of disability, we have no ideas.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I got some more time to work on this. I added some more phone-based companies to the second post, and also did a short write-up on Leapforce and Lionbridge in this post:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1433719_At_Home_Job_Opportunities_v0_3.html&page=1#i38236649

They can be great positions for people who like the internet
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't suppose anyone knows something that would be available in Alaska or where to look?  The missus is unable to drive/be in public for more than an hour or two, but short of disability, we have no ideas.

Would she be interested in working on the phone, doing customer service, tech support, or sales from home?

Or, would she be able to do one of the writing positions?

There's also Leapforce and Lionbridge, doing search engine evaluation. It's more on the technical side, but could be another option.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#13]
primo and 19suburban96 and anyone else I missed, thanks for chiming in about companies you have experience with.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Would she be interested in working on the phone, doing customer service, tech support, or sales from home?  

There's also Leapforce and Lionbridge, doing search engine evaluation. It's more on the technical side, but could be another option.

She would probably be interested in customer service.  She's never been in sales, and I do the tech support around here
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She would probably be interested in customer service.  She's never been in sales, and I do the tech support around here

I'm not certain, but I think you can work for Arise/ACDdirect/ContractWorld in AK.

If you're interested in Arise, you need to either form an LLC, or contact an existing IBO such as

http://www.theworkathomesolutions.com/

http://opendoormultiservices.com/

or do a Google search for Arise IBO. When talking to an IBO, ask them about what/any fees they will charge you, if they take a percentage out of your invoice or not(you should be able to find one that doesn't skim off your invoice, but you'll probably have to pay a service fee, because the IBOs have to pay a service fee). I don't know as much about ACDdirect or ContractWorld, but those might be your best bets, if you can afford the initial setup and getting through unpaid training.

I think VIPdesk hires from AK.

http://www.vipdesk.com/info/careers/current-openings/by-name/?name=brand-ambassador-homeadvisor

Sutherland

https://workathome-sutherland.icims.com/jobs/2127/job

Maybe some of the others I have listed as well, I only looked through about half of them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you for checking  I'll have her take a look at those links
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the great write up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2013 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#18]
tag for a very useful thread.
Link Posted: 3/28/2013 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm still planning to finish this, after we finish moving and get settled in, just fyi.
Link Posted: 3/28/2013 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Interesting. Tag.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#21]
bump to keep from the archives soon.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Great info
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Jaxson doesn't come here anymore.
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Good stuff.  My wife will soon be staying at home so this info helps.
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Good post OP

Keep it going.

More people working is always good no matter where they are

Link Posted: 7/29/2013 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jaxson doesn't come here anymore.
View Quote

Last Login Date:
7/26/2013 12:16:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Tag.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 6:21:34 AM EDT
[#30]
what happened to the op?
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:10:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Jaxson, thanks for posting this thread. My partner is unable (for a variety of reasons) to work outside the home, and lack of a second income has been really hurting us. Well be looking over these to see if there's anything he can do..
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

what happened to the op?
View Quote

Banned for a while now.

Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Banned for a while now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what happened to the op?

Banned for a while now.

Did he get banned or just leave?
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Did he just leave then? Oh well, gone either way.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By KingRat:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KingRat:

Originally Posted By itsARanchrifle:

Too bad

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#36]
somehow I missed this thread. That is a bunch of good info.

Last time he logged on was 5 Sep 13.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

She'd probably be on the writing or customer service side of things.  Hell, if I could get a decent gig doing writing (I'm a published author) I'd be interested.

Thanks again for all this OP

And I completely forgot I replied to you further up the page lol
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top