BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:03:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are not even thinking about any of that. The atf already got them hooked and reeled in with “free”. Mission accomplished.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you cheerleading for it?

What happens when the law gets overturned, and all the "free stamps" are withdrawn by aft, and the brace has to go back on? Why do you think there is no engraving requirement? They have all your info, and you want an sbr, you have to apply again and pay 200 bucks.

They are not even thinking about any of that. The atf already got them hooked and reeled in with “free”. Mission accomplished.

They are so blinded by some stupid "free" stamp that they are ignoring the unconstitutional "law" that an agency that is not allowed to create law. This is the rape van with the free candy written on the side. But hey, we got free stamps/candy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:05:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Check to see if there is a vendor like identigo near you.

That or see if there is any gun shops near you that can do digital fibgerprints. When I form 4’d my can the shop I bought it from had a digital fingerprint scanner, and they were able to attach it straight to the eform 4.  I was able to use the same fingerprint scans when I form 1’d my MP5 later on.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:07:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:08:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Check to see if there is a vendor like identigo near you.

That or see if there is any gun shops near you that can do digital fibgerprints. When I form 4’d my can the shop I bought it from had a digital fingerprint scanner, and they were able to attach it straight to the eform 4.  I was able to use the same fingerprint scans when I form 1’d my MP5 later on.
View Quote

Op does not actually need advice on how to do it. Op probably helped write the current process when he first started working at the office back in the day. He knows the atf rules/process better than all of us
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are so blinded by some stupid "free" stamp that they are ignoring the unconstitutional "law" that an agency that is not allowed to create law. This is the rape van with the free candy written on the side. But hey, we got free stamps/candy.
View Quote

Yep. The bump stock fiasco got smacked down. This will get smacked down. I would actually laugh if the court smacks it down so hard that it forces the atf to have to throw out sbr all together and they only get to collect tax money on machine guns/destructive devices. Thay would be a dream come true. Consequences for their actions is the only thing that teaches people to stop being assholes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:28:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wouldn't doubt there are some. Smart? No. But I would bet there are more than just a few.

Hell, there are people completely ignorant of the SBR class of weapons. I've been to the range and seen some guys that admitted they bought complete lowers, then bought pistol length complete uppers and just pinned them together. When asked about how long their wait time was, they just gave the "What?"  look.
They said both items were for sale at the gun show. If the upper wasn't meant to be stuck right on the lower, they wouldn't sell it.

There are people that are completely clueless. Maybe not so many here. But they do exist.

Select fires? I'm betting that is something that is extremely uncommon to users here without a stamp.
View Quote

There is no doubt that millions of unregistered sbr's are out in the wild. I have seen quite a few over the years. Rarely does anyone get arrested for it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Everyone who put a brace on a pistol was already complying, that was the whole point of the brace.

Whole lot of tough guys in GD who complied with literally every part of the NFA but now think taking braces away should be everyone else’s hill to die on.
View Quote

and this here is...TRUE.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:33:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

and this here is...TRUE.
View Quote

Not really. The market was flooded with brace pistols and it became a "normal" item to legally sell, buy, and use. Shit loads of people bought them without a clue that this would or could happen.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:49:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not really. The market was flooded with brace pistols and it became a "normal" item to legally sell, buy, and use. Shit loads of people bought them without a clue that this would or could happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and this here is...TRUE.

Correct. Manufacturers started putting them on their new firearms to sell at shops even. The reason this is becoming the hill to die on is because the atf decides now after all these years that they want to make a rule to change it. Nope. After seeing them fail in court with bump stocks this brace thing is going to fail as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Unwrap them from that chubby a T f dong and print.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:53:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

and this here is...TRUE.
View Quote

It is no where near true.  Some just like to tell themselves that to justify their actions (registration).

Funny, a group of people seem to say that braces are work-arounds to SBR's, then turn around and say that braces owners are complying anyway.  Logically, that makes no sense.   How can you use a work-around, yet comply at the same time?   (Folks conflate SBR with NFA)
Braces are not a work-around to SBR's because pistol laws are >>>>>>>>SBR laws.

Are 80% lowers a "work around" to 4473's, but anyone that does not drill a 3rd hole is complying anyway?

It is basically reductio ad absurdum at work.   If brace people are somehow complying, then every LEGAL gun owner by definition is complying.  The only way to NOT comply would be to own something illegal.....PUBLICLY.   If you don't have an unregistered silencer on your firearm, you are "complying".  

Yeah, it is a stupid argument pushed by folks that are mad that braces and 80% lowers and 3D lowers are becoming a thing, and no one gives a shit about how many "stamps" they have.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I really don't see a problem with getting free tax stamps on SBRs.
View Quote

Are the Jabs still free?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:07:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Just another day in Biden's America. Millions of law abiding citizens are now threatened with felonies for being in possession of their legally purchased private property. Who doesn't love being criminalized by their own government? It's probably just a coincidence that the majority of people who own braced pistols are likely to vote conservatively.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:10:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I would rather give them a cheek DNA swab than finger prints.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:21:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Have you not been paying attention to the learned posters in this thread? Obviously you should pay the $200 to SBR rather than doing it for free. Only a BATF agent or Putin's puppet would advise you go the free route.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have not been paying really close attention to all of this. I was getting ready to file two form one sbrs, but if I am reading things correctly, if I do it now, it is free? Meaning I don't have to pay the $200?
I was planning on doing an SBR anyways. Would be nice to save $200 bucks. Am I an asshole if I go for it?

Have you not been paying attention to the learned posters in this thread? Obviously you should pay the $200 to SBR rather than doing it for free. Only a BATF agent or Putin's puppet would advise you go the free route.

In reality you should do neither.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:21:55 AM EDT
[#16]
OP is horny for infringement. Literally couldn't wait to get in line.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:38:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Or don't register shit

Fuck the aft
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay. Then don't get your free SBR registration and save $200. Pay the $200 and feel like a real smart guy.

Or don't register shit

Fuck the aft

I assume you've never bought anything on a 4473, then?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:47:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I did the same thing as the OP and filled today to beat the rush. Had wife take a picture with my phone and used app to convert to passport photo spec and sent it in. Going to UPS Tomorrow to get printscan for my prints so i can have the file saved going forward.

I fail to see the downside to free SBR stamp on something i was going to SBR anyway. Hell i might do a few more..

View Quote

I'm thinking seriously about it. I have a use for another SBR but haven't wanted  to part with the $200.

The blowhard jerks on here are something.

The ignorance is amazing also, all the one's trashing the OP for having NFA guns but no fingerprints. I have NFA, too and have never sent in any fingerprints.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP is horny for infringement. Literally couldn't wait to get in line.
View Quote

And the people just willing to cave in to unconstitutional laws are part of the problem. Draw a line in the sand and stand up for not only our rights and freedoms, but those of future generations. Otherwise the future generations are gonna wonder why there were so many faggots who picked up tge can.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:58:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's actually a great opportunity to save $200 registering an SBR. Registration is free. NO CHARGE! And they don't ask for proof that you have a brace on the gun you're amnesty registering. And the BATF says you can change out the brace for a stock. And you don't even have to wait for approval, a copy of your submitted application is all you need to have the SBR. It sounds like some of you guys haven't put 2+2 together yet.
View Quote

For real? I'm on the fence to register my bcm pistol and scorpion. I've held off NFA for a decade.

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay. Then don't get your free SBR registration and save $200. Pay the $200 and feel like a real smart guy.

Or don't register shit

Fuck the aft

So the AFT breaking the law (again) is justified because they broke the law keeping records?

After this battle we need to sue them for keeping records they are not supposed to keep. Gotta keep the momentum going.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How long did it take for that email to come in OP?
View Quote

5 minutes after I submitted the application
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There is no doubt that millions of unregistered sbr's are out in the wild. I have seen quite a few over the years. Rarely does anyone get arrested for it.
View Quote

People that get caught with an unregistered SBR or unregistered machineguns typically do something really stupid, unrelated to guns, that brings the man into their life, and then the cops happen to find the unregistered NFA gun. Or they get turned in by an estranged spouse or pissed off friend/neighbor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

People that get caught with an unregistered SBR or unregistered machineguns typically do something really stupid, unrelated to guns, that brings the man into their life, and then the cops happen to find the unregistered NFA gun. Or they get turned in by an estranged spouse or pissed off friend/neighbor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or someone breaks in and you shoot them or they steal your pistols and you have to report them as stolen.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

For real? I'm on the fence to register my bcm pistol and scorpion. I've held off NFA for a decade.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually a great opportunity to save $200 registering an SBR. Registration is free. NO CHARGE! And they don't ask for proof that you have a brace on the gun you're amnesty registering. And the BATF says you can change out the brace for a stock. And you don't even have to wait for approval, a copy of your submitted application is all you need to have the SBR. It sounds like some of you guys haven't put 2+2 together yet.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/docs/undefined/faqfinalrule2021r-08f-correctedpdf/download

The combination of these two FAQ seem to say that proof of application is sufficient to legally own the SBR w/ a stock

10. ONCE THE FIREARM IS REGISTERED AS A SHORT-BARRELED RIFLE (SBR) CAN I REMOVE/CHANGE THE
“STABILIZING BRACE” OR ATTACH AN ITEM MARKETED AS A STOCK? IF SO, AM I REQUIRED TO NOTIFY ATF
IN ADVANCE?

Yes, the firearm is registered as an SBR, and you can change out the “brace” device or stock for a different brace or stock. You do not need to contact ATF/NFA because changing the brace/stock does not change the configuration of the SBR. However, if the length of the firearm has changed you will need to notify the NFA Division.

PRIOR TO AND AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE 120-DAY TAX FORBEARANCE, CAN I CONTINUE TO
POSSESS MY SBR EQUIPPED WITH A “STABILIZING BRACE” IF I HAVE TIMELY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION TO
REGISTER MY FIREARM?
Yes. Provided you are not otherwise prohibited from possession of a firearm under Federal or State law, you may continue to lawfully possess your SBR while your registration application is pending with ATF. While your application is pending, you should maintain proof of submission as evidence of continued lawful possession.

No engraving required:

27. ONCE THE FIREARM IS REGISTERED, AM I REQUIRED TO MARK THE FIREARM SINCE I MANUFACTURED
A SHORT-BARRELED RIFLE (SBR)?

If the SBR equipped with a “stabilizing brace” is registered within the 120-day tax forbearance
period, the possessor is allowed to adopt the markings on the firearm. The maker’s marking
exception is only applicable to firearms that are registered pursuant to the final rule. If the
firearm is a personally made firearm, the possessor must mark in accordance with 27 CFR 478.92
& 479.102 prior to submitting the E-Form 1
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Or someone breaks in and you shoot them or they steal your pistols and you have to report them as stolen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of which is an issue here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/docs/undefined/faqfinalrule2021r-08f-correctedpdf/download

The combination of these two FAQ seem to say that proof of application is sufficient to legally to own the SBR w/ a stock

10. ONCE THE FIREARM IS REGISTERED AS A SHORT-BARRELED RIFLE (SBR) CAN I REMOVE/CHANGE THE
“STABILIZING BRACE” OR ATTACH AN ITEM MARKETED AS A STOCK? IF SO, AM I REQUIRED TO NOTIFY ATF
IN ADVANCE?

Yes, the firearm is registered as an SBR, and you can change out the “brace” device or stock for a different brace or stock. You do not need to contact ATF/NFA because changing the brace/stock does not change the configuration of the SBR. However, if the length of the firearm has changed you will need to notify the NFA Division.

PRIOR TO AND AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE 120-DAY TAX FORBEARANCE, CAN I CONTINUE TO
POSSESS MY SBR EQUIPPED WITH A “STABILIZING BRACE” IF I HAVE TIMELY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION TO
REGISTER MY FIREARM?
Yes. Provided you are not otherwise prohibited from possession of a firearm under Federal or State law, you may continue to lawfully possess your SBR while your registration application is pending with ATF. While your application is pending, you should maintain proof of submission as evidence of continued lawful possession.

No engraving required:

27. ONCE THE FIREARM IS REGISTERED, AM I REQUIRED TO MARK THE FIREARM SINCE I MANUFACTURED

If the SBR equipped with a “stabilizing brace” is registered within the 120-day tax forbearance
period, the possessor is allowed to adopt the markings on the firearm. The maker’s marking
exception is only applicable to firearms that are registered pursuant to the final rule. If the
firearm is a personally made firearm, the possessor must mark in accordance with 27 CFR 478.92
View Quote

So ATF promises that you're ok possessing an unregistered SBR while you're waiting for approval, contrary to established practices and laws?

Not only has ATF decided braces are are not are illegal without an actual law they're telling people they are legal, without the approved application and stamp?

Sorry, you either work for the gov or you're a complete rube. How is that going to work in states with SBR laws?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So ATF promises that you're ok possessing an unregistered SBR while you're waiting for approval, contrary to established practices and laws?

Sorry, you either work for the gov or you're a complete rube. How is that going to work in states with SBR laws?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The combination of these two FAQ seem to say that proof of application is sufficient to legally to own the SBR w/ a stock

IN ADVANCE?

REGISTER MY FIREARM?

No engraving required:

You are wrong. I don't work for the government nor have I ever worked for the govt. I am retired.  You should direct your questions to the BATF or an attorney. I simply posted the BATF FAQ.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You are wrong. I don't work for the government nor have I ever worked for the govt. I am retired.  You should direct your questions to the BATF or an attorney. I simply posted the BATF FAQ.
View Quote

Well, since you don't work for the gov I guess that narrows it down.

Care to address the rest of it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want me to analyze every state's SBR laws and let you know how those laws will work with the BATF FAQ??? LOL!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Pistol braces are fucking gay. I form 1 my short shit anyway.

That being said I applaud those that will not comply.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You want me to analyze every state's SBR laws and let you know how those laws will work with the BATF FAQ??? LOL!!
View Quote

No.

How does ATF declare non-enforcement of a federal felony via a FAQ on the internet when they have aggressively enforced it in the past?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No.

How does ATF declare non-enforcement of a federal felony via a FAQ on the internet when they have aggressively enforced it in the past?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I am not a spokesperson for the BATF. You should direct those questions to the BATF.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yep. The bump stock fiasco got smacked down. This will get smacked down. I would actually laugh if the court smacks it down so hard that it forces the atf to have to throw out sbr all together and they only get to collect tax money on machine guns/destructive devices. Thay would be a dream come true. Consequences for their actions is the only thing that teaches people to stop being assholes.
View Quote

Bumpstocks are now legal to posses all across the nation again?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm not going to articulate what I do on a public forum regarding all this but I'm just curious where all these "do not comply!" people were in all the form 1, SBR, and suppressor threads before this?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lift them off your husband's shoulders?
View Quote

I lol’d  

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm not going to articulate what I do on a public forum regarding all this but I'm just curious where all these "do not comply!" people were in all the form 1, SBR, and suppressor threads before this?
View Quote

So you see no issues with what the current atf is doing? You are completely fine with it and support it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So you see no issues with what the current atf is doing? You are completely fine with it and support it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's your takeaway from my post?

Is this your first day learning how to hold a conversation?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of us don't have any of those things.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're hallucinating. Seek help.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They takeaway I got is that everything you listed has statutory backing. Do declaring braces legal illegal and then declaring that possessing an now unregistered SBR is okey-dokey as long as you're trying to register it and they pinky promise not to hook you up on a felony have statutory backing?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I am not a spokesperson for the BATF. You should direct those questions to the BATF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

So are you going to keep your braced pistols in their configuration while you apply for registration?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe so, but form 1 threads didn't turn into 8 page discussions about compliance until now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#45]
It’s interesting that the fbatf denies form 1 suppressors made from solvent trap because they say the parts are already suppressors and therefore illegal, but your braced pistol is okey dokie as an unregistered sbr until your stamp comes in.

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It’s interesting that the fbatf denies form 1 suppressors made from solvent trap because they say the parts are already suppressors and therefore illegal, but your braced pistol is okey dokie as an unregistered sbr until your stamp comes in.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do they have identgo in Texas? That’s what we use here in Jersey.
View Quote

Are those the scan companies that them sell your prints to foreign intelligence?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:

The bro part makes me think of the picture people post of the young fbi agents in shorts in tshirts hanging out. Lol. In this case it is “batfe” though

We should place bets.  My money is on the douche on the far left.  He looks like a "bro" kinda guy.

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I always hear and read this “will not comply” but I’ll be damned here we are and folks are well, complying.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Why did you have a brace to begin with? Do you not have two functional arms?
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top