Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Then why don't they design the whole plane that way?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering how hard it hit, I'd say there is a fairly slim chance of the former.
And no chance of the latter.

The FDR and CVR are designed to survive those types of impacts.

It would be so heavy it would never fly.

Was that really a serious question ?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Having read through this thread I'll swing my purse now .  I have a few hours as Captain in the 737-300G/700/800/900ER, along with various other military and commerical aircraft from MD, Boeing and Airbus.  I work with our safety division from time to time and had actually given training to China Eastern pilots when they first got 757s over 20 years ago.  To say they are bad would be an understatement.  I described them as "Beyond Bad".  Bad was insufficient in describing how bad they were. In reading one of the posted articles it stated there were 3 pilots and a safety officer?  What was going on in that flight deck. Hopefully they find the CVR and FDR and the Chinese government doesn't cover up what is discovered.
View Quote

I have heard from a Chinese Airline insider that amongst the passengers, there were at least 18 other China Eastern Airline pilots/copilots.  They were going to GuangZhou for training.  So that may explain the # of pilots present on that flight.  Contributing factor?  I have no clue.  And Chinese airlines do have Air Marshalls like we do post 9/11.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I appreciate the insight there.  As an engineer that does a lot of failure analysis and investigations in a totally unrelated industry, things like that always stand out to me as possible "whoopsie" moments.  With so much digital control these day it is really easy to literally fat finger something, put in an extra zero or leave one out that can make a real difference.

What is the normal procedure then at top of decent?  Assuming it is some changes to inputs to the autopilot to fly the expected approach?
View Quote

Well, to answer your question properly, it will take a bit of time that I don't have right now, but let me try to hit some high points.

On a Boeing, you would dial in a lower altitude on the MCP (Mode Control Panel) which is like the dash board. If you were in VNAV (vertical navigation mode), which they probably were, the jet would begin a descent when it reached Top of D. The "box" ie the computer calculated the Top of D based on winds and conditions. You are basically telling it what you want and it will give that to you if it can. All of the calculations are designed to provide full efficiency and a constant path of descent to the runway.

We typically let the jet do all of the work unless we have to intervene. We leave the autopilot hooked up until we are established on the localizer/glide slope. Most guys will disconnect the AP at that point and hand fly the last 1500 feet or so to the landing.

At any time you don't like what you see, you should start hand flying the jet.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's why, when I fly on a passenger jet, I always ask for seating inside the FDR or CVR.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have heard from a Chinese Airline insider that amongst the passengers, there were at least 18 other China Eastern Airline pilots/copilots.  They were going to GuangZhou for training.  So that may explain the # of pilots present on that flight.  Contributing factor?  I have no clue.  And Chinese airlines do have Air Marshalls like we do post 9/11.
View Quote

Hmm, what are the odds the flight deck was allowing students up front for a little show-and-tell, and something went wrong?

There's a very similar story (from way back...60s) in the AF about an obese woman on a "family day" flight who fell forward onto the pilot's yoke, but I have no idea if it's true.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Chinese maintenance is my guess.  The engineers have more training in arrogance than aeronautics. Bad news and Boeing will get the blame. Fuck China.
View Quote

It's not arrogance. It's a combo of a superiority complex and the need to save face at all costs.

Deadly combination.

Fuck the Chinese.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, to answer your question properly, it will take a bit of time that I don't have right now, but let me try to hit some high points.

On a Boeing, you would dial in a lower altitude on the MCP (Mode Control Panel) which is like the dash board. If you were in VNAV (vertical navigation mode), which they probably were, the jet would begin a descent when it reached Top of D. The "box" ie the computer calculated the Top of D based on winds and conditions. You are basically telling it what you want and it will give that to you if it can. All of the calculations are designed to provide full efficiency and a constant path of descent to the runway.

We typically let the jet do all of the work unless we have to intervene. We leave the autopilot hooked up until we are established on the localizer/glide slope. Most guys will disconnect the AP at that point and hand fly the last 1500 feet or so to the landing.

At any time you don't like what you see, you should start hand flying the jet.
View Quote

Thanks, that will suffice for now!  
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The plane would be too heavy to fly.  The container they put those instruments in is amazingly strong
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering how hard it hit, I'd say there is a fairly slim chance of the former.
And no chance of the latter.

I got to handle the Valuejet CVR.  It was pretty messed up.  

I can only imagine what's left of this one..
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's why, when I fly on a passenger jet, I always ask for seating inside the FDR or CVR.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit!  I'm impressed.

If the FDR from the Air France that crashed into the south Atlantic and then spent all that time at the bottom of the ocean can survive I have some hope there will be some recoverable data.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No shit!  I'm impressed.

If the FDR from the Air France that crashed into the south Atlantic and then spent all that time at the bottom of the ocean can survive I have some hope there will be some recoverable data.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit!  I'm impressed.

I have pictures of it somewhere.  It was pretty mangled.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Had a flight on a SWA 737 into MKE back around 2010, we were running about 10 minutes late and were cleared to land 7R with a REALLY cooking tailwind.  We were clearly faster across the ground than usual as we crossed the threshold.  Plunked it down carrier style, and full brakes/reversers........we pulled in the thrust reversers and rolled off at the very end of the runway onto taxiway November still doing about 20kts.  Made up that 10 minutes by not having to fly past the airport out over the lake and come back west to land on 25L lol.
View Quote

Poor judgment in my world.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Probably from the back of a Fruit Loops box.

Jimm77. I don’t doubt that the so called “documentary” you saw was well produced and convinced a lot of people that the 737 max is dangerous; but I am willing to bet it was a hit piece designed to garnish as many views as possible.

My understanding was the pilots of the 737 max were flying it out of the design curve for the aircraft and the software changes were to prevent pilots form not being able do do so.
View Quote

The Max's issue stems from the newer, bigger engines. Since the 737 airframe has a low ground clearance, it meant they had to move the engines forward and up on the wing to fit. It was the cheaper solution than engineering taller landing gears.This gave it a flight dynamic prone to higher angles of attack. If left unnoticed and uncorrected, it could lead to a stall condition.

Boeing's answer was to install an automatic High AOA mitigation system. In theory great! As built, catastrophic. The system was built with only one AOA sensor due to "cost". In a Boeing, there used to be multiple redundant systems and sensors for safety for nearly every system. This single sensor fed an AOA system that had NO off switch. Meaning, if there was a erroneous reading from the stall sensor, the flight control computer would take over and force the nose down to prevent a stall. There was no way to override it. Again, relying on this SINGLE erronious sensor to verify the stall event was corrected....

The final failure of the Max was pilot training. The FAA pretty much let Boeing certify their own 737 Max training, and as I understand the content completely skimmed over the AOA/ Stall mitigation system. Pretty much told pilots that were type rated for the 737 it was the same plane, with a fancier cockpit. Either completely failing to address the new system, or simply telling pilots it was a low probability theyd ever see it used.

Lone AOA sensor, no way to turn it off and most pilots had no idea about its existence. 3 points of fuckup lead to the 2 deadly Max crashes. Every failure could have been easy to correct. But due to cost, regulation and time it was simply swept aside by Boeing management to get the Max out to compete with the A320 Neo
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Max's issue stems from the newer, bigger engines. Since the 737 airframe has a low ground clearance, it meant they had to move the engines forward and up on the wing to fit. It was the cheaper solution than engineering taller landing gears.This gave it a flight dynamic prone to higher angles of attack. If left unnoticed and uncorrected, it could lead to a stall condition.

Boeing's answer was to install an automatic High AOA mitigation system. In theory great! As built, catastrophic. The system was built with only AOA sensor due to "cost". In a Boeing, there used to be multiple redundant systems and sensors for safety for nearly every system. This single sensor fed an AOA system that had NO off switch. Meaning, if there was a erroneous reading from the stall sensor, the flight control computer would take over and force the nose down to prevent a stall. There was no way to override it. Again, relying on this SINGLE erronious sensor to verify the stall event was corrected....

The final failure of the Max was pilot training. The FAA pretty much let Boeing certify their own 737 Max training, and as I understand the content completely skimmed over the AOA/ Stall mitigation system. Pretty much told pilots that were type rated for the 737 it was the same plane, with a fancier cockpit. Either completely failing to address the new system, or simply telling pilots it was a low probability theyd ever see it used.

Lone AOA sensor, no way to turn it off and most pilots had no idea about its existence. 3 points of fuckup lead to the 2 deadly Max crashes. Every failure could have been easy to correct. But due to cost, regulation and time it was simply swept aside by Boeing management to get the Max out to compete with the A320 Neo
View Quote

Thank you for providing a nice summary of why I called the 737 Max a major fuck up by Boeing.  These design choices were horrendously stupid and eventually proved deadly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#17]
The amount of ignorance in aircraft threads here is astounding.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:44:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The amount of ignorance in aircraft threads here is astounding.
View Quote

737 MAX bad! Because Netflix say so!
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was bad.  Not because Netflix said so but because it was a fucked up design.  Seems like Boeing is continuing that tradition with Starliner but Starliner has not killed anyone yet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:00:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Boeing's answer was to install an automatic High AOA mitigation system. In theory great! As built, catastrophic. The system was built with only one AOA sensor due to "cost". In a Boeing, there used to be multiple redundant systems and sensors for safety for nearly every system. This single sensor fed an AOA system that had NO off switch. Meaning, if there was a erroneous reading from the stall sensor, the flight control computer would take over and force the nose down to prevent a stall. There was no way to override it. Again, relying on this SINGLE erronious sensor to verify the stall event was corrected....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jimm77. I don’t doubt that the so called “documentary” you saw was well produced and convinced a lot of people that the 737 max is dangerous; but I am willing to bet it was a hit piece designed to garnish as many views as possible.

My understanding was the pilots of the 737 max were flying it out of the design curve for the aircraft and the software changes were to prevent pilots form not being able do do so.

The irony is that the 737 MAX doesn’t need the MCAS to fly safely. It was only added to meet customer expectations that their 737 pilots not need additional training for a new type rating.

But once Boeing decided to use the MCAS on the MAX to mimic the handling characteristics of the previous 737 models, yeah, they had a responsibility to implement it correctly and safely. They should have known better. The real shame in this is that that asshole Jim McNerney just skates away after his management of the company basically caused this but he retired before the shit hit the fan.

At any rate, the 737 MAX is now probably the most thoroughly vetted and safest commercial aircraft in service and will be around for decades to come.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:08:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Unfortunately it looks like suicide to me.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

5-600 kts into clay->hard soil....

I hope it was data chips and nothing more fragile. ....and the slight chance that whatever initiated this whole thing didn't sever the communication circuit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:33:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Like all things statistics and averages don't really tell the whole story. When you are strapped to a plane nose diving, you have 0% chance of influencing the outcome. In a car, you have a little more control over the situation. Also a car accident doesn't equal everybody dying automatically like most plane crashes do.

On average driving is more deadly, but the modes of death aren't the same.
View Quote
This.  Also, driving statistics do not account for the different types of drivers out there.  Most deadly accidents happen to people who are not good defensive drivers, text or drink while driving, aren't paying attention, live life like they are invincible, etc.

According to statistics, I should have probably died already while driving.  Yet, I've never even had a fender bender.  I wonder why that is...

I don't care if the odds are low of dying in a plane crash.  I don't like flying and never will.  If you do get unlucky playing the odds, you have 0% chance of survival and have way too much time to regret your decision as you plummet to certain death.  Fuck all that.

Fun story:

I once flew to a job interview in North Carolina on a 737, and on the return flight home, I thought we were all going to die.  In the middle of the flight, way the fuck up in the air, there was a huge BANG noise and a corresponding JOLT as if we struck something.  Pilot came on the intercom and mumbled something about what he "thought" it was, but "not totally sure."  Later on the same flight, we hit an "unexpected storm that saw 70mph gusts" (pilot's words) that caused the plane to pitch and dive like crazy.  Like for 5 to 10 seconds at a time, the plane was straight up dropping from the sky.  It was the same feeling you get when dropping on a rollercoaster and I could feel the lap belt digging into my thighs and preventing my head from smashing into the storage bins above.  Side to side pitching was just as bad.  Everyone was letting out short cries and yelps of fear each time it happened.  Also heard, "Oh my God what is happening right now?!?!" a few times.  Things eventually settled down, and the landing was fine.  I think I also remember the pilot explaining that he had to take manual control of the plane.  Still don't know what happened to us, but it was so far beyond "bad turbulence" that it scared me for life.  I remember thinking to myself as it was happening, "Fuckin' A... I just nailed my job interview and about to get a 6-figure salary right out of college... of course I'm gonna die now right as I'm about to graduate."  Haha.. it was totally surreal.

I don't fly domestic anymore under any circumstances as I'd rather drive 20 straight hours than spend 12 hours doing the early morning airport rush, waiting for delays, flight time, rental car bullshit, etc.  What's another 8-10 hours if it means being in control and in the comfort of my own car the entire time?  No big deal.  As for international travel, I live in the USA.  Don't need to go anywhere else.  Still dreading the next time my wife will bring up another family vacation to Greece.  It's an amazing place... but... been there done that.  10 hour flights suck so bad.  Also, all the COVID/vaccination bullshit and ongoing conflict in Ukraine make a trip to Europe that much less appealing.  Go for the beach tan, come back glowing.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:02:52 AM EDT
[#24]
so...

it's been several days...

Where are the pictures of the impact site?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:22:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I hope the CCP doesn't try to blame it on Taiwanese 'separatists' some how.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There's a very similar story (from way back...60s) in the AF about an obese woman on a "family day" flight who fell forward onto the pilot's yoke, but I have no idea if it's true.
View Quote

I think you're referring to an Aeroflot A310 crash:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_Flight_593
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:28:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
so...

View Quote

There's this fantastic invention called Google....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-60830395

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All the plane crashes the last 5 years really makes me not want to fly at all.  Glad I work at home.
View Quote

Of Course it does, and yet little girls bravely ride on them all the time.  

The last 5 years have been the safest ever, for US aviation.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:22:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
so...

View Quote

.. there were out like 5 hours after the crash.. wtf
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Chinese searchers found on Wednesday one of two black boxes from a China Eastern Airlines (600115.SS) plane that crashed this week in forest-clad mountains with 132 people onboard, the aviation regulator said.

The device was severely damaged, and it was not immediately clear if it was the flight data recorder or the cockpit voice recorder, an official of the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) told a media briefing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Prolly bad air off the windshield wipers caused the stall.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be cool if the plane slammed into the ground, bounced a few times and came to a sliding stop without a scratch on it.

Then you open the hatch, and the whole inside is coated in chunky salsa.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

One of my favorites as far as being a passenger goes. They just seem sporty.
One trip in 2019 to Anaheim I knew we were coming in a bit high and hot, touched down about half way down the runway. Found out how good the brakes were.
Had to turn around on the threshold to get back to the taxiway.

We were last to exit as the Mrs is disabled and needs assistance while flying. Pilot was standing at the cabin door as we were finally deplaning and I said "Came in a bit hot Skipper ?"
He just pulled a big grin and gave a wink.

LOL
View Quote
Hopping from ATL to Baton Rouge, weather in ATL connections got missed...ended up on a flight with maybe 3 pax.  Very relaxed flight, cabin crew was just hanging out with us in between doing the required things.  Get to BR, everybody gets set for landing, normal final and touchdown...then reversers, engines spool up, all the brakes...honest to God I didn't know planes could stop that hard.   If not for the belt I'd have come out of the seat.

Cabin crew gets on the speaker and says "welcome to the USS Baton Rouge, the captain likes to take the first taxi way"

Walking off the plane, crew standing there, I look at the captain and ask "navy?"  He just laughed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Were they using chinese made counterfeit parts to keep that bird in the air?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#36]
That must have been the longest 2 minutes ever. Literally the stuff of nightmares.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hopping from ATL to Baton Rouge, weather in ATL connections got missed...ended up on a flight with maybe 3 pax.  Very relaxed flight, cabin crew was just hanging out with us in between doing the required things.  Get to BR, everybody gets set for landing, normal final and touchdown...then reversers, engines spool up, all the brakes...honest to God I didn't know planes could stop that hard.   If not for the belt I'd have come out of the seat.

Cabin crew gets on the speaker and says "welcome to the USS Baton Rouge, the captain likes to take the first taxi way"

Walking off the plane, crew standing there, I look at the captain and ask "navy?"  He just laughed.
View Quote
Should fly into some of the Alaskan Bush hubs that Alaska Air flies into with the 737s. Some are just long enough for the 737.

Years ago we flew into Anchorage the day after the 747 had a engine fall off do to turbulence.
It was still rough going in and out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The irony is that the 737 MAX doesn't need the MCAS to fly safely. It was only added to meet customer expectations that their 737 pilots not need additional training for a new type rating.

But once Boeing decided to use the MCAS on the MAX to mimic the handling characteristics of the previous 737 models, yeah, they had a responsibility to implement it correctly and safely. They should have known better. The real shame in this is that that asshole Jim McNerney just skates away after his management of the company basically caused this but he retired before the shit hit the fan.

At any rate, the 737 MAX is now probably the most thoroughly vetted and safest commercial aircraft in service and will be around for decades to come.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jimm77. I don't doubt that the so called "documentary" you saw was well produced and convinced a lot of people that the 737 max is dangerous; but I am willing to bet it was a hit piece designed to garnish as many views as possible.

The irony is that the 737 MAX doesn't need the MCAS to fly safely. It was only added to meet customer expectations that their 737 pilots not need additional training for a new type rating.

And his replacement got the blame and fired for it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#39]
China Eastern Airlines #5735 UPDATE! 23 March
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Thanks for posting that.  This is the first time that I have seen the altitude plotted.  Obvious questions are what caused the first near vertical descent.  Then what happened at the point where a recovery may have been attempted and did any structural separation occur at that point or earlier.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Max's issue stems from the newer, bigger engines. Since the 737 airframe has a low ground clearance, it meant they had to move the engines forward and up on the wing to fit. This gave it a flight dynamic prone to higher angles of attack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The Max's issue stems from the newer, bigger engines. Since the 737 airframe has a low ground clearance, it meant they had to move the engines forward and up on the wing to fit. This gave it a flight dynamic prone to higher angles of attack.

all aircraft with underwing mounted engines will tend to pitch up when thrust is applied.  this is not new information, and is not unique to the 737 nor 737max.

Quoted:
If left unnoticed and uncorrected, it could lead to a stall condition.

this is the case for any modern transport aircraft with underwing engines operated at high power.
btw at altitude it's likely to lead to a high speed buffeting condition ("shock stall") -- and which up high enough will be very near the low speed stall speed.

Quoted:
It was the cheaper solution than engineering taller landing gears.

you will note the direction which the 737's main landing gear swings into the fuselage underbody.
now consider making the landing gear "taller".  
what has to happen to the hinge point in order to make that possible?
what effect will that have on the wing spar design?

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:05:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Like all things statistics and averages don't really tell the whole story. When you are strapped to a plane nose diving, you have 0% chance of influencing the outcome. In a car, you have a little more control over the situation. Also a car accident doesn't equal everybody dying automatically like most plane crashes do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

engineer here (not the train kind).

you are confusing your emotions with statistics.

if you are at a US airport flying domestically, and concerned about the risk of dying -- whatever you do, do not drive home.

you are still confused.   just because you feel like you are in control doesn't mean the risk is mitigated.

in the last full year of available records --2020 -- nearly 39,000(*) people thought they "had more control over the situation".  they died.
the accounting is still being done on 2021 and the number is projected to be higher.
(btw about 10x that number were seriously injured.)

if the domestic airline industry killed ~35,000-40,000 people every year, no one would fly, correct?
and yet people drive, because we accept that level of risk.  
so the question is, why don't you accept a lower level of risk when flying?

(*) https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/2020-traffic-crash-data-fatalities
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:17:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
China operated?
Someone didn’t do maintenance and checks.
But then again Boeing has been on a trajectory of subpar post-American exceptionalism.
View Quote

@mochaTX
there must be data to support your assessment of china eastern airlines and boeing.

let's find some, perhaps here:
https://theaircurrent.com/aviation-safety/china-eastern-5735s-sudden-sharp-dive-put-in-context/

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:34:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

.. there were out like 5 hours after the crash.. wtf
View Quote

Not everyone sits on the internet all day long like you do dickhead. Get over yourself
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It was bad.  Not because Netflix said so but because it was a fucked up design.  Seems like Boeing is continuing that tradition with Starliner but Starliner has not killed anyone yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only reason Starliner hasn't killed anyone yet is because they can't manage to get it to complete a successful unmanned mission.

Give it time, and they'll hit their goals eventually.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 5:22:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Where does the Coffin Corner plot out at on the 737?

I know obviously it's way higher than 30 grand, but just curious.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great overview… few questions..
By no off switch do you mean for MCAS alone?   Vs the runway trim procedure which I guess turns off the whole automatic trim system including MCAS?  

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Boeing 737 Crashes in China Mid-Flight | Here's What Happened On Board (With Real Video)
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#49]

It’s amazing. There’s nothing left of the aircraft. It looks like it just vaporized.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Will the chinese allow a finding that doesn't fit in the government narrative?

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top