BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 70
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Correct, I guess I don't get it.  Either do your job, or if you feel that you no longer can, resign.  This milquetoast behavior is wrong IMO, but if the residents and government allow it, I guess it's their responsibility.  We're always told that cops have balls and integrity and stuff.  I guess not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What Danny doesn’t understand is that the popo wouldn’t be walking off if they did not want to do their job. Fact is the city has decided to make them the enemy and they are now afraid of the consequences of working in an environment where the bad element is emboldened and there is no chance of an objective view of cops actions. If the popo didn’t care they would just roll with it. Let shit happen and write a report later.

Correct, I guess I don't get it.  Either do your job, or if you feel that you no longer can, resign.  This milquetoast behavior is wrong IMO, but if the residents and government allow it, I guess it's their responsibility.  We're always told that cops have balls and integrity and stuff.  I guess not.

It's just another way to protest.  Very few cops don't want to do their jobs.  The overwhelming majority of cops WANT to make the neighborhoods they work in safer, more peaceful, and better overall.  Part of this includes getting drunks out of their cars and off the streets, putting violent criminals behind bars, and sometimes putting a threatening offender in the ground.  If the cops are getting arrested for DOING THEIR JOBS, then how else are they supposed to protest?  Think about that time a few years ago, in Baltimore, when the top prosecutor of the entire area marched with the protestors calling for cops' deaths... how would that have made you feel?  And now, Atlanta PD officers feel like they're in a no-win situation.  If they enforce the laws that they're sworn to enforce, then they get arrested and lose their entire future.  What would YOU do to protest this?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Patience...

The Left is developing a strategy and it takes time to transmit it to the Protesters clandestinely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atlanta as we expected it to look:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/239734/Civil-War-In-Hades_jpg-1466324.JPG

Atlanta as things turned out:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/239734/ATL_jpg-1466326.JPG

I am glad it did not burn.  Enough people have lost their lives and livelihoods over this shit.

Patience...

The Left is developing a strategy and it takes time to transmit it to the Protesters clandestinely.

I wouldn’t put it past the paid agitators to sit it out of stay calm just to make it look like ATL doesn’t need the police.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Surprised the whole force hasn't quit at this point.
View Quote

I would hope they would still be protecting the areas in which they reside with their families...surely their families will be targeted just like the VC did in Saigon and outlying areas where they went after Provincial Chiefs families.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well fuuuuuuu
Six flags just opened up.  Was sorta considering it.  Now No way in hell
View Quote

No that probably the last place to go this weekend eh?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No, No, No..

This is not the teamsters or UAW of the 90's.  In fact, the biggest police unions endorsed Trump in 16' and will again in 20'.  On a local/state level, Pensions have mostly been replaced with defined contribution accounts and retiree healthcare is, for the most part, no longer offered.  

Could it be that arfcom is misinformed and just wants to hate unions?

View Quote
They still make it as hard to get rid of a shitty cop as it is to get rid of a shitty teacher.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shitty time to own a Nike store down there.

View Quote

Or a jewelry store or a pharmacy
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I thought it was just a sandwich
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cuban isn't a Race.... it is a goal all you lesser men should strive to achieve.

I thought it was just a sandwich

It translates literally to "Chihuahua Man"
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Stay safe brother. Not too many can see the forest from the trees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.  For anyone out there who still thinks 99.9% of cops actually give a fuck about us.  It’s time to wake the fuck up.  They follow the kings orders.  The same kings we’ve chosen to rule our lives.  

I’m done with it all.  I’m opting out of the bullshit as much as I can.  There’s one true King, and he is just.  That King is God.  

We've rejected God and demanded kings.  The Bible warned us what would happen.

I agree.  I think 99.9% of cops would happily sell you and your rights to the mayor and governor for their career and paycheck.  The police are not our friends.  If a gun ban was passed tonight, 99.9% of cops would be kicking your door to take your weapons from you and step over your corpse to do it.

Stay safe brother. Not too many can see the forest from the trees.

Just exchange numbers already for a meet up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#9]
If Atlanta PD shows up for work today and tomorrow with even enough numbers to make it seem normal, they will lose whatever small sliver of credibility they have after the press this got last night. Our side will hate them for being spineless, and the other side will hate them for being cops.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Source?

And what areas do these zones cover?
View Quote
The Atlanta Rhythm Sections

Atlanta Rhythm Section - Spooky

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Atlanta police may be walking off the job en masse right now - Rayshard Brooks police shooting
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Patience...

View Quote

Their strategy is for the rioters to stay home and completely blunt the APD walkout, to demonstrate that the police really aren't needed.  

But the Usual Suspects wont be able to contain themselves for long.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Good.  Give them what they think they want, and two extra.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not in FL. Right to Work State. The Unions are for collective bargaining and legal aid. Dirty cops get shitcanned and arrested. I've put a few behind bars myself.
View Quote

Ohio teachers are hard to get rid of. My wife works in a district that is corrupt and is considered a poor district as well. They used to pay teachers well to keep motivation high. My wife is one of the few who actually cares about the children and wants to help them succeed. There are many kids who come to school to have shitty teachers yell at them more, and tear them down. (these are K,1,2 grades). One in particular shout have been canned a long time ago. Now she is the union rep for the school. She is very protected now.

Shame it takes an act of god to fire people who make a less than welcoming environment for these kids. Not many people go up to bat for them. Cough not to mention a lot of parents are super shitty in these areas as well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They still make it as hard to get rid of a shitty cop as it is to get rid of a shitty teacher.
View Quote

If an agency wants to get rid of an officer, there's a process to do so properly. If an agency can't do that the proper way,it's not the unions fault
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#17]
So does this mean Ann Margret is coming?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow all you guys have forgotten TBK so quickly. Fuckery is a proud mod tradition.
View Quote

Where does he post at now anyway? Anyone know?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is not the teamsters or UAW of the 90's.  In fact, the biggest police unions endorsed Trump in 16' and will again in 20'. On a local/state level, Pensions have mostly been replaced with defined contribution accounts and retiree healthcare is, for the most part, no longer offered.  

Could it be that arfcom is misinformed and just wants to hate unions?
View Quote

It depends on the area. Every PD where I lived/worked in NY still has pensions and retiree healthcare.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not in FL. Right to Work State. The Unions are for collective bargaining and legal aid. Dirty cops get shitcanned and arrested. I've put a few behind bars myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I worked in NY and cops at work got fired all the time.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Looks like she came a little too hard.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Healthcare has never been a defined retirement benefit. When you retire, you gotta get your own shit.
View Quote

WTH? I did not know that...That sucks.

Many states have a provision that if you reach full retirement, (whatever statutory amount of years that is), that you can keep the state insurance at the same rate you pay as a state employee till medicare date.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Big oofs!
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Well...what's the scoop? Did they have major 'sick outs' last night...or was it just a couple dozen like the mayor claimed?

Did the day shift show up this morning or are they all doing the wu-flu quarantine thing?

It's like the media is either ignoring the issue...or intentionally downplaying it.

Inquiring minds...
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I admit I haven't read every page but in case it hasn't been posted yet GBI has announced they have not completed their investigation into this incident yet.
View Quote

The controversy is that the DA decided to charge the cops even before the investigation is completed and it’s apparent that he did it as a politicial stunt to try to affect the tight runoff he’s facing against his former chief of staff, Willis.  He’s a six time incumbent who’s been accused of corruption in the past and has never faced an electoral contest since his first election where he barely beat a Republican candidate.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The one guy I remember didn't support it for "muh investment" reasons.
View Quote

There are plenty of those types of gun owners around unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

They will bring up Broward. The agency agreed to take him back. Could have fired him.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I have to go into the office tomorrow in midtown. If it’s not totally insane i want to go check out the grant park area.

Eta i know its “juneteenth” So that area may be a total fucking shitshow
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985) - Master Blaster Scene (3/9) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If Atlanta PD shows up for work today and tomorrow with even enough numbers to make it seem normal, they will lose whatever small sliver of credibility they have after the press this got last night. Our side will hate them for being spineless, and the other side will hate them for being cops.
View Quote

This.

The police at all levels of enforcement need to fuck off entirely for two weeks.

Let's get it on!
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Florida passed a merit based evaluation system for teachers. They don't perform, they're fired.
View Quote

I'm curious how that works, given how many students (and their parents) don't give a shit about their own performance.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They will bring up Broward. The agency agreed to take him back. Could have fired him.
View Quote

I thought Broward was a judicial decision ordering them to take him back.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Florida passed a merit based evaluation system for teachers. They don't perform, they're fired.
View Quote

That would be a dream come true if that could be enacted everywhere. I had a talk with my old man about what we think the biggest problems in America are. He thinks it is the union. I think it is our education system. I think colleges are the biggest problem, but we have seen even in GD that some kids bring homework home with a political agenda from the teacher to indoctrinate our youth.

What qualifies as bad work though? Clearly physical abuse and similar, but what about efficiency? If all other cops and teachers perform at 100% (the standard), and someone hovers around the 80%, is that enough to can them?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It depends on the area. Every PD where I lived/worked in NY still has pensions and retiree healthcare.
View Quote

The tier 6 folks are getting the shaft compared to previous tiers. I heard they're looking at making a tier 7 now which would essentially switch from pension to 401k.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The tier 6 folks are getting the shaft compared to previous tiers. I heard they're looking at making a tier 7 now which would essentially switch from pension to 401k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised the city hasn't raised the years of service to get a pension, they're only up to tier 3 in their system.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#41]
So... this just happened...

FELONY MURDER?! We are now all 'extremists'...

he is not wrong
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm curious how that works, given how many students (and their parents) don't give a shit about their own performance.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth!
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I thought Broward was a judicial decision ordering them to take him back.
View Quote

I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It only took 4AM ATL time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

now it's a Party

It only took 4AM ATL time

Damn, I thought I was up late last night. There’s only so many years you can fuck off on sleep before it starts eating your soul.

I’ve passed that threshold.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Where does he post at now anyway? Anyone know?
View Quote

NRA forever.com
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#47]
A little ray of Hope. We'll see how this weekend goes I guess. See if Soros can get some more agitators in town by then.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So... this just happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJHOcKQFi4

he is not wrong
View Quote

Came to post this.

Crowder going the fuck off.

I can see YT yanking his channel over this one.

Quoting FBI crime statistics
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.fldoe.org/teaching/performance-evaluation/

So you guys wanted grade inflation and spoon feeding state-test answers, sweet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He isn't talking about height.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not the agitator in this thread. I'm not the one who suggested bombing a federal facility because someone on the Internet said they don't like my job.

Fucking please.  Don't come in preaching and then melt like a pussy when you get called out on being all talk and no action.  It's embarrassing to look at, its pathetic and womanly at best; faggotish at worst.

Jesus.  You want to preach about freedom but you fold up like a pissed-on flower when some fucking loud-mouth Cuban (a feature of the race) calls you out. Oh look at poor wounded you.  

If you have to be a bitch, stay out of the men's lodge and go hang out with the other women.
Cuban isn't a Race.... it is a goal all you lesser men should strive to achieve.

I haven't figured out a way to be six inches shorter, sorry.

In that case I need to find a Cuban girlfriend.

He isn't talking about height.

Neither am I!!
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top