BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Remington-M870-Riot-shotgun-information-thread/1-493489/

@Master_Shake_TX

Op maybe you could link and let people know to contact me in your original thread?

Also as they come in please get me your info.
View Quote
Added the link to the OP
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
4079xxx (2 fixed stock) still "preparing for shipment" since yesterday afternoon

Not really complaining since I'm sure their shipping department is slammed, but wishing I was one of the lucky ones with them in hand or on the way!
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My three (one fixed and two folders) have shipped. Each were placed in a separate order. They shipped in opposite sequence of their ordering.  They should all be to the FFL by Tuesday.  
View Quote
Thought they were limiting people to 2 total? Was that BS info or just unevenly applied?
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thought they were limiting people to 2 total? Was that BS info or just unevenly applied?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My three (one fixed and two folders) have shipped. Each were placed in a separate order. They shipped in opposite sequence of their ordering.  They should all be to the FFL by Tuesday.  
I bet they were looking for multiples on the same order or close to the same time. If they were spaced out by a few hours it would be hard for them to catch if they aren’t paying attention.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
4079xxx (2 fixed stock) still "preparing for shipment" since yesterday afternoon

Not really complaining since I'm sure their shipping department is slammed, but wishing I was one of the lucky ones with them in hand or on the way!
View Quote
If they are open tomorrow you might want to check on that and see if there’s an issue. Also check your spam folder in your email. Both of my orders were in “preparing for shipment” for a very short time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Been trying to check the status of my order all day but their webpage gives an error message.

Did you guys crash their page?
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If they are open tomorrow you might want to check on that and see if there’s an issue. Also check your spam folder in your email. Both of my orders were in “preparing for shipment” for a very short time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same for me.  2 fixed 4079xx preparing for shipment since yesterday.   I had a 3rd fixed that I place on a second order.  They called me yesterday to inform me the were cancelling the 3rd and It was cancelled this afternoon.  I hate to bother them but I may give them a call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up my fixed stock 870 from my FFL this evening. I had my hopes up after seeing the condition of the ones posted but no such luck.  The one I got has a "thrown down the driveway a few times" look. Lots of dings and dents in the wood and the metal shows lots of scratches and rub marks. Mechanically it appears excellent and does not appear to have been shot much as there is very little actually wear but shows lots signs of being mishandled. The mag extension nut appears to have been removed/tighten with a set of vise grips as you can see the teeth marks in the aluminum.  Still worth the money just not as nice as I had hoped for – but that’s the luck of the draw with surplus guns…
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
So is mine. 40793xx but my ffl had to send a copy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Picked up my fixed stock 870 from my FFL this evening. I had my hopes up after seeing the condition of the ones posted but no such luck.  The one I got has a "thrown down the driveway a few times" look. Lots of dings and dents in the wood and the metal shows lots of scratches and rub marks. Mechanically it appears excellent and does not appear to have been shot much as there is very little actually wear but shows lots signs of being mishandled. The mag extension nut appears to have been removed/tighten with a set of vise grips as you can see the teeth marks in the aluminum.  Still worth the money just not as nice as I had hoped for – but that’s the luck of the draw with surplus guns…
View Quote
Can you post some pictures so we have an idea of the range of wear?
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I bet they were looking for multiples on the same order or close to the same time. If they were spaced out by a few hours it would be hard for them to catch if they aren’t paying attention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good point. Definitely depends on their attentiveness and what kind of shipping interface they're using. The software I use for eBay lets me sort by name/address, so it would be fairly easy although time-consuming to comb through that many orders to look for multiples in excess of 2. I know a few people earlier in the thread said they had their multiple orders combined or partially cancelled, not sure how spaced out they were.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Also gun info would be great!
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw you’ve added a lot of pictures in the info thread. What do you think about using two “spoiler” sections, one for pictures and one for serial numbers? It would help keep it from getting too long and a bunch of scrolling.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I saw you’ve added a lot of pictures in the info thread. What do you think about using two “spoiler” sections, one for pictures and one for serial numbers? It would help keep it from getting too long and a bunch of scrolling.
View Quote
See if I can figure that out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#15]
My fixed stock shipped yesterday and will be here Monday.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

See if I can figure that out.
View Quote
It’s the icon shaped like a stop sign with an ! on it. Works just like the quote and bold functions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Still waiting.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m 400 before you
Same
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I don’t know.  I (obviously) didn’t intentionally try to circumvent any type of limit since we didn’t even know about one at the time.

I placed an order for a folder, then thought I wouldn’t mind having another and that maybe one of the two would be in decent shape.  Then I decided that I’d really like an old beat up (we thought) fixed wood stock version to restore, since finding decent priced old wingmasters in my area is pretty difficult.

Either way, I certainly didn’t buy them for the purpose of flipping (I don’t sell guns, period) or parting out.

And I wouldn’t have been mad at all if they’d canceling one of my orders. I even updated my contact info in their system  in case they needed to contact me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah, I don’t know.  I (obviously) didn’t intentionally try to circumvent any type of limit since we didn’t even know about one at the time.

I placed an order for a folder, then thought I wouldn’t mind having another and that maybe one of the two would be in decent shape.  Then I decided that I’d really like an old beat up (we thought) fixed wood stock version to restore, since finding decent priced old wingmasters in my area is pretty difficult.

Either way, I certainly didn’t buy them for the purpose of flipping (I don’t sell guns, period) or parting out.

And I wouldn’t have been mad at all if they’d canceling one of my orders. I even updated my contact info in their system  in case they needed to contact me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think anyone was implying you were doing anything wrong. As you said, their limit of 2 was kinda thrown in after the fact. Nice snag on getting 3.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#21]
@Miami_JBT

sent you a message, you've done far more than most on this site and you should call me tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a total of 3 on the way, 2 folders and 1 fixed.

Initially ordered the 2 folders via phone, an hour and a half one of my coworkers wanted a fixed. I called it in for him and technically it is a separate order but to make shipping easier they are all coming in the same shipment.

So far I have nothing but good to say for them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don’t think anyone was implying you were doing anything wrong. As you said, their limit of 2 was kinda thrown in after the fact. Nice snag on getting 3.
View Quote
Thanks. And thanks for originally posting the thread.

They need to make sure you get a good one.  I hope yours is still in cosmoline.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh they don’t know who I am and to be honest they probably would’ve sold just as fast even if I didn’t make this post. I think a lot more of them would’ve ended up going to people wanting to flip them at the next gun show or gunbroker though.  It’s always good to get these to people who actually want them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT

sent you a message, you've done far more than most on this site and you should call me tomorrow.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT

He just wants to say nanner nanner nannerrrrrr to him over the phone for maximum effect.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#27]
If I get my folder and it's banged up I'd  consider a trade for a nicer condition fixed.

I really wanted the fixed but just couldn't get past the math on the value of the folder and I was too weak to get both. Stupid.

I'll post here when it arrives.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn, found out about this thread way too late.

If anyone got a couple folders and wouldn't mind parting with one for a non-rapey price, I might be interested.

Would be cool to have an ONG marked gun back in Ohio.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If anyone got a couple folders and wouldn't mind parting with one for a non-rapey price, I might be interested.

View Quote
Good luck.  Folks are already offering up $500-600 for one and not getting any interest.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#31]
This thread is literally making me feel I'll. I'm going to try to avoid it after this and pretend I didn't miss out on an amazing deal on an awesome shotgun.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Good luck.  Folks are already offering up $500-600 for one and not getting any interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I'm still back on page 18 of the thread. I've wanted a factory Remington folder for a while. Just couldn't ever justify the price.

Oh well...
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I'm still back on page 18 of the thread. I've wanted a factory Remington folder for a while. Just couldn't ever justify the price.

Oh well...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh well...
Sorry man! I tried to get as many arfcommers hooked up as I could but a lot of people were bound to miss it being that they launched the deal at lunch on a Wednesday.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:02:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sorry man! I tried to get as many arfcommers hooked up as I could but a lot of people were bound to miss it being that they launched the deal at lunch on a Wednesday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh well...
It's all good. It clearly means I don't spend enough time on ARFCOM.

At least I got my 2 PSA Mattis lowers ordered.

Offer still stands though if anyone wants to send their Katrina refugee back to Ohio where it belongs.

ETA: Not to mention, my Hardballer Longslide is lonely and could use a T2 brother...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:30:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, was just trying to get a better idea how they were handling things on their end and would have done the same thing if I had found out about the folders before they sold out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:45:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There's no law against long barreled shotguns.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2v2hbhy.jpg
View Quote
Neat! Is that at Bull Run?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 3:12:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh well...
I grabbed a quick lunch and saw this thread and even though I've spent way too much on firearms lately, I realized that it was a rare opportunity to own a cool, functional piece of history for a sweet price. My folder should arrive on Monday.

Thank you Master_Shake_TX for sharing this with us.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 3:21:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Here is something to go with the info I added the other day.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 4:17:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My fixed stock shipped yesterday and will be here Monday.
View Quote
Same for me. They’re honestly getting these things out pretty fast in my opinion. Vance’s is pretty big but just locally here. Idk how much in web sales they normally do but I bet that was the most they’ve sold in a day by a long shot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 5:11:56 AM EDT
[#41]
I saw the ad pop up on Wednesday. At 7 when I got off work, I called Vance’s in Obetz, and was told they had maybe two left.  Both fixed stock, so I bought one over the phone. Picked it up yesterday, and it is nice!  Some wear on stock, and on action bars, but overall very good condition. Rack number is 32. Serial is S3945**V. Only non Remington mark is the ONG stamp. When I walked in yesterday, they had a big sign by gun counter that said “we do not have any ONG guns left”.  Must have been a lot of people asking for them. My only regret is that I didn’t know earlier in the day because I would have ordered two.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I wonder how much the first one on the EE will be.
View Quote
$1100
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Do we have an accurate final count of folders and fixed stock guns were sold?? I’m combing this thread now. Just can’t find it.

I’ll pick my fixed stock up and post photos here in an hour or so when FFL opens.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pics?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Do we have an accurate final count of folders and fixed stock guns were sold?? I’m combing this thread now. Just can’t find it.

I’ll pick my fixed stock up and post photos here in an hour or so when FFL opens.
View Quote
800 fixed and 400 folders I believe.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Updated the info thread with all pics found so far, serial numbers, and date codes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no law against long barreled shotguns.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2v2hbhy.jpg
Yes sir! Good call
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those were just estimates by me based on remaining stock not long after they started the sale.  There might have been less than 1200 total and there might have been a different ratio of folder to fixed shotguns, but that's the closest info we have unless someone from the Vendor provides us with the actual numbers.  I spoke to a guy that works in the stores and he said each of their local stores (three) got 20-25 shotguns for local sale.  The rest went on the website.  He also mentioned that the owner of the company set the pricing on these.  So either he's a really nice guy looking to pass on a great deal, or he bought them cheap, marked them up a percentage he was comfortable with, and put them up on the website.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry for the poor pics, they actually make the condition look a little better. I used "Old English" scratch cover on the wood and it cleaned up OK. Not showing up well in the pics is the metal has numerous little  scratches and dinks - like it laid loose in the bed of a truck. The mag extension nut is the only thing I will try to place - its really rough. The gun is also dirty - it was fired and not cleaned before going into storage. I'm breaking it down this morning for a good cleaning.

For the price - I'm still happy though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Same for me.  2 fixed 4079xx preparing for shipment since yesterday.   I had a 3rd fixed that I place on a second order.  They called me yesterday to inform me the were cancelling the 3rd and It was cancelled this afternoon.  I hate to bother them but I may give them a call tomorrow.
View Quote
Closed till Monday, don’t see hat calling would do anyways.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top