Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 108
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You guys really need to stop feeding this one! The more facts you post, the more he doubles down on bullshit. The signs are there if you look closely.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In other news, Skeeti probably will end up being correct soon.  The latest trends do look like Ukrainian forces have almost been pushed out of the city proper.  

Maybe when that happens, we can all have a big group hug!  

View Quote

A prophet is always without honor in his own home.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In other news, Skeeti probably will end up being correct soon.  The latest trends do look like Ukrainian forces have almost been pushed out of the city proper.  

Maybe when that happens, we can all have a big group hug!  

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oops, guess you guys were wrong!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except he needs to be careful with his power plays since operating a PMC is against the Russian constitution.

He's a dead man walking.  At some point he will disappear.

To that point

Which means everybody, even the Russians, except you agree Bakhmut hasn't fallen or mostly fallen.  Cause if it had mostly fallen they could finish in the next few days.  But even they know it hasn't.  Makes your reluctance to concede being wrong even more hilarious.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Russian media said it.

The American CIA said it.

Where did Putin say it? Or even a Russian government official?    This is the argument made, and it is inaccurate.
It is also completely irrelevant to the facts on the ground.  

It is a distraction and unimportant, yet repeated over and over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I out the quote from your image into a search.

It returned this:
https://www.businessinsider.com/vladimir-putin-russian-forces-could-take-kyiv-ukraine-two-days-2022-3

A link in that article led to this:
https://www.npr.org/2022/03/08/1085155440/cia-director-putin-is-angry-and-frustrated-likely-to-double-down

No one believed it would be a two day war, and no one can quote Putin, but can quote the Epstein buddy, CIA Director Burns.
Russia has done grinding wars forever and now because a talking head says "Two days" hyperbole, we are to believe Russia thought it mastered Blitzkreig?  

My only point is that the continued argument that Putin said: " Two days!" is a silly distraction.

The Russians said it

The Americans said it

That means the Russians didn’t say it?

Where did Putin say it? Or even a Russian government official?    This is the argument made, and it is inaccurate.

The Russian media are Russian government officials and Putin is the Russian government so...
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"Let's see, Russia has pretty much dedicated itself to creating chaos and undermining us everywhere in the world, including inside our own borders." - I don't necessarily disagreed with this statement however at this point I don't see Russia as a conventual threat, meaning they couldn't beat NATO/US in a conventual war.

With that said, we aren't ready to fight WWIII, especially under the leadership of the Biden administration. We shouldn't be wasting our resources on a corrupt country that has no vital interest to us. We're gonna need those resources for our upcoming war with China.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Prigozhin announces that the Wagner Group will withdraw from Bakhmut on May 10th."

A reporter or some kind of spokesperson? TBH, I don't really care!

No offense, Sketti - but a post like this REALLY makes it look like your entire purpose for this thread is trolling.  

Right, cause not knowing who someone is is trolling! Go back and read my OP, what do you think my overall concern was when I posted the thread? Hint, it was OUR involvement in a war that's none of our business by the incompetent Biden administration.

Let's see, Russia has pretty much dedicated itself to creating chaos and undermining us everywhere in the world, including inside our own borders. They are working hard to destroy us, but you feel fighting back is none of our business.

Biden's incompetence was not giving the Ukrainians everything they needed for a quick win. They should have had long range missiles and tanks a year ago.

"Let's see, Russia has pretty much dedicated itself to creating chaos and undermining us everywhere in the world, including inside our own borders." - I don't necessarily disagreed with this statement however at this point I don't see Russia as a conventual threat, meaning they couldn't beat NATO/US in a conventual war.

With that said, we aren't ready to fight WWIII, especially under the leadership of the Biden administration. We shouldn't be wasting our resources on a corrupt country that has no vital interest to us. We're gonna need those resources for our upcoming war with China.

We will just have to disagree on that. Russia, and more particularly the nations Russia threatens all around the world, are a vital interest. We also have a vital interest in the precedent of resisting imperialism - China is definitely watching.

As for WW3 if we let Putin play that card every time he wants to take over another country, where does it end? Georgia? Moldova? Poland?  Finland? Germany?
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Which means everybody, even the Russians, except you agree Bakhmut hasn't fallen or mostly fallen.  Cause if it had mostly fallen they could finish in the next few days.  But even they know it hasn't.  Makes your reluctance to concede being wrong even more hilarious.  Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except he needs to be careful with his power plays since operating a PMC is against the Russian constitution.

He's a dead man walking.  At some point he will disappear.

To that point

Appreantly my joke on this particular post was missed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We will just have to disagree on that. Russia, and more particularly the nations Russia threatens all around the world, are a vital interest. We also have a vital interest in the precedent of resisting imperialism - China is definitely watching.

As for WW3 if we let Putin play that card every time he wants to take over another country, where does it end? Georgia? Moldova? Poland?  Finland? Germany?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Prigozhin announces that the Wagner Group will withdraw from Bakhmut on May 10th."

No offense, Sketti - but a post like this REALLY makes it look like your entire purpose for this thread is trolling.  

Right, cause not knowing who someone is is trolling! Go back and read my OP, what do you think my overall concern was when I posted the thread? Hint, it was OUR involvement in a war that's none of our business by the incompetent Biden administration.

Let's see, Russia has pretty much dedicated itself to creating chaos and undermining us everywhere in the world, including inside our own borders. They are working hard to destroy us, but you feel fighting back is none of our business.

Biden's incompetence was not giving the Ukrainians everything they needed for a quick win. They should have had long range missiles and tanks a year ago.

Well think about this, if Russia is actually getting their asses handed to them (like people are claiming they are) do you think Putin is crazy enough to try to take on NATO? I don't think he's that dumb. However, if you think he would be that crazy then you would have to concede that he would be willing to use nukes when his shit gets pushed in by NATO.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

As far as I am concerned it ends at Finland.  You start threatening Scandinavian women and I am ready to go to war.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As far as I am concerned it ends at Finland.  You start threatening Scandinavian women and I am ready to go to war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well at least you have your priorities straight!
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Russian media are Russian government officials and Putin is the Russian government so...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I out the quote from your image into a search.

It returned this:
https://www.businessinsider.com/vladimir-putin-russian-forces-could-take-kyiv-ukraine-two-days-2022-3

A link in that article led to this:
https://www.npr.org/2022/03/08/1085155440/cia-director-putin-is-angry-and-frustrated-likely-to-double-down

No one believed it would be a two day war, and no one can quote Putin, but can quote the Epstein buddy, CIA Director Burns.
Russia has done grinding wars forever and now because a talking head says "Two days" hyperbole, we are to believe Russia thought it mastered Blitzkreig?  

My only point is that the continued argument that Putin said: " Two days!" is a silly distraction.

The Russians said it

The Americans said it

That means the Russians didn’t say it?

So quoting Russian media/government/Putin IS acceptable, when they say something you(not you personally) agree with.

That is NOT what I have been reading........  

EDIT:  Grammar
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]
We can all agree Putin never briefed us on his war plan.

We should all be able to agree that how things played out indicates one of their objectives was the immediate capture of Kyiv.

I'll be surprised if no one agrees that Russia over estimated their own capabilities.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#14]
This whole Bakhmut thing has been awesome. A slows stratragic (I made that term up) withdrawal leaving compromised/mapped/mined positions left for the invaders almost doubling the usual invader/defender costs ratio. The Russians have been suckered into this for 6 months and have not figured it out yet.

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you telling me you don't drag out 50 page threads every day responding to people about something you don't care about.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

For the record, Finland is not part of Scandinavia.. Finland is Nordic, but not Scandinavian.
View Quote

Well technically most people in Eropue are Nordic after centuries of rape and plunder ...
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0647-2806327.jpg

sorry for the bad news OP...
View Quote

Huh, seems like the Wagner guys are leaving Bakhmut through the Ukrainian forces, odd way to stand down!

Reported within the last hour

"Russian forces have advanced further in the north of the city."

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

"Reported" by whom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0647-2806327.jpg

sorry for the bad news OP...

Huh, seems like the Wagner guys are leaving Bakhmut through the Ukrainian forces, odd way to stand down!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/FvZ2h8CXoAYwYWE_jpeg-2807133.JPG

"Reported" by whom?

Same place I've been getting the info from.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

For the record, Finland is not part of Scandinavia.. Finland is Nordic, but not Scandinavian.
View Quote

Like I said, it ends with Sweden.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Huh, this looks familiar

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#24]
So after 9 months and a 5 figure death count i wonder how worth it Bakhmut is, or ever was. Guess we'll know sooner or later if these reports are accurate.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh, this looks familiar

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67160/03_jpg-2807277.JPG

Umm, ok
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:26:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Umm, ok
View Quote

Friendly fire.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea, this is mostly over.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:04:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Does Russia have the forces and equipment for that?

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So after 9 months and a 5 figure death count i wonder how worth it Bakhmut is, or ever was. Guess we'll know sooner or later if these reports are accurate.

View Quote

Russia has also been bleeding out Ukrainians and their resources.  What you see as a tragedy may be viewed as progress from a different perspective.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:20:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Russia has also been bleeding out Ukrainians and their resources.  What you see as a tragedy may be viewed as progress from a different perspective.
View Quote

Yeah, hard to think how little value they'd have to place on their infantry to come to that conclusion but it's Russia so..
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:24:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the way things appear to be going in Bakhmut one has to wonder if the leaked military documents were more on point than the claims that Russian forces were being annihilated (7 to 1).
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:32:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

With the way things appear to be going in Bakhmut one has to wonder if the leaked military documents were more on point than the claims that Russian forces were being annihilated (7 to 1).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry. They aren't.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:46:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

The battle of the bulge bled out the American forces, didn’t it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:52:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Ukrainians are brave, but they are no professional army. Some of them are quite skilled I'm sure.

It's amazing that they are achieving 2 to 1, but that's not even close to winning.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:53:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Save that comparison for the Ukrainian offensive, if they can even launch one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:56:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Russia says they can.

They also scoffed last September and October but look what happened.

15 months later Russia is weaker with no goals accomplished.

15 months later Ukraine is a lot stronger.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 2:04:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody knows these things but you. To the rest of us it's all just way up there North and cold.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 2:21:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a feeling if Russia ever took control of 99% of Ukraine, there would still be the same guys saying that the remaining 1% is a victory due to Russian attrition and casualties along the way. Just like Bakhmut is a Uke win, regardless of losing it. Russia is inept but wait for it.....they will take Europe if not stopped here. They've developed in their minds a way for any outcome to be in Ukraine's benefit. Very bizarre stuff.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 3:13:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scandinavian women are too busy cheating on their boyfriends and husbands with the migrants.

Tons of it..so go figure they like the wang to be a bit .....bigger.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 3:17:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember when we weren't seeing any western equipment on the front line? I bet you were saying it was all sold because they're corrupt.

Then we did see the western equipment on the front line, and suddenly Russia lost half of the gains they had made?

I still haven't seen a bradley, stryker, challenger, or leo on the front line. I wonder what all that kit they've been getting since the end of their last counter offensive is doing right now. I wonder if we'll see it on the battlefield eventually.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 3:40:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Russia says they can.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia says they can.

"15 months later Ukraine is a lot stronger." - Yeah, not really seeing that but ok..

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:55:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"15 months later Ukraine is a lot stronger." - Yeah, not really seeing that but ok..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/FvZ2h8CXoAYwYWE_jpeg-2807394.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia says they can.

well factually they are several times over stronger than the start of the war. from all the weapons given from the west, and all the armor russia donated to ukraine retreating during the khakiv offensive last year. (which russia became the biggest supplier to ukraine out of all the countrys combined, lol). so yes they are VERY much stronger. russia has lost all there combat experienced brigades. and they are bringing out 50 year old tanks out of storage.  no way you can argue that Ukraine is not stronger.  you can say it sure, but you would be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 6:06:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

All those people look alike to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All those people look alike to me.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have a feeling if Russia ever took control of 99% of Ukraine, there would still be the same guys saying that the remaining 1% is a victory due to Russian attrition and casualties along the way. Just like Bakhmut is a Uke win, regardless of losing it. Russia is inept but wait for it.....they will take Europe if not stopped here. They've developed in their minds a way for any outcome to be in Ukraine's benefit. Very bizarre stuff.
View Quote

Ukraine is a big country.  Much like that "if."
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You said “SMO”!   lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except that an emboldened Russia seizing resources from Ukraine is actually counter to our strategic interest.  Discouraging wars of territorial expansion in general is also a strategic interest.

Russia has stated its goals for this SMO. Generally, the US is the one stealing resources. The US has exactly zero legitimate interest in this war.
Our interest is, once again regime change, and overthrowing Putin because he wants Russia to remain independent. And of course, the money laundering/corruption that wars are known for.

You said “SMO”!   lol

Really sums up a lot here.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

well factually they are several times over stronger than the start of the war. from all the weapons given from the west, and all the armor russia donated to ukraine retreating during the khakiv offensive last year. (which russia became the biggest supplier to ukraine out of all the countrys combined, lol). so yes they are VERY much stronger. russia has lost all there combat experienced brigades. and they are bringing out 50 year old tanks out of storage.  no way you can argue that Ukraine is not stronger.  you can say it sure, but you would be wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia says they can.

Huh, so losing gound is a sign of strength and makes you stronger, good to know!
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Use basic military common sense applied to urban combat.

Do you suffer more casualties in the attack or defense?

How about by using Human Waves?

Russia has been attacking Bakhmut for how many months?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use basic military common sense applied to urban combat.

Do you suffer more casualties in the attack or defense?

How about by using Human Waves?

Russia has been attacking Bakhmut for how many months?

Just curious, why do you even bother to ask me questions? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind engaging in a discussion but you're constantly calling me a troll and a liar so why waste your time talking to me?

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Huh, so losing gound is a sign of strength and makes you stronger, good to know!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi

Russia says they can.

You do know bakhmut isn't the only area where there is fighting right??,

Since day one of this war Ukraine has took back more than what russia gained in the first month..you need to pay attention or learn basic math/geography.  Russia has lost more land that they took since 15 months ago.  So according to your own ideology of how this war is going Ukraine is fucking slaying russia.

Taking 10 blocks of the 58th largest city in Ukraine over the course of 9 months is not considered "winning" lol
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just curious, why do you even bother to ask me questions? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind engaging in a discussion but you're constantly calling me a troll and a liar so why waste your time talking to me?
View Quote

He’s highlighting what might not be obvious to people who don’t know the material.

Your argument isn’t swayed by logic or reality.

Page / 108
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top