Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
They have been saying this for over a year yet packer profits keep climbing.  As long as the big guy gets his cut, nothing will happen.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#2]
He certainly seems to have the reverse Midas touch, that's for sure.

I'm trying to think of something he has touched that hasn't turned to shit.

Drawing a blank.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
But, but, but, it's someone else's fault.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Drawing a blank.
View Quote

Hunter's bank account balance
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a fair target really. They are monopolistic and dO appear to be engaged in questionable practices.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
FJB
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to know ahead of time prices will go up another 25%
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#8]
...including $1 billion in federal funding from the coronavirus relief package to help expand independent meat and poultry processing capacity.
View Quote

So we pay them off and hope they lower prices.  Sounds great.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's a fair target really. They are monopolistic and dO appear to be engaged in questionable practices.
View Quote

I’m not arguing. It’s a genuine question.

What questionable practices?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you actually think that government stepping in will make it better?  
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh look, Hunter has a new art gallery exhibit for sale, only $500k.

Attachment Attached File

No coincidence at all.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I was looking at various meats in the store yesterday evening, the prices on beef are just .
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#13]
How many pork producers are fuck China owned?
Yeah,  they're laughing at him .
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They have been saying this for over a year yet packer profits keep climbing.  As long as the big guy gets his cut, nothing will happen.
View Quote
Profits haven't been climbing, costs are going up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Such as?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was looking at various meats in the store yesterday evening, the prices on beef are just .
View Quote

Pisses me off, I'm a rancher and will be lucky to get paid the same as the last 2 years for my yearlings.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Google, meat packer profits, then get back to me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Drawing a blank.
View Quote

I hear used cars are at bargain prices.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Compelling companies to shut down because of covid or mandatory jab and now it's the company's fault?

LGB!
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Pisses me off, I'm a rancher and will be lucky to get paid the same as the last 2 years for my yearlings.
View Quote

Seriously, the cheapest cuts of meat are ridiculously over priced. I was being lazy and wanted some meat for a post workout stir fry nothing was under 8 dollars a pound for the cheapest of the cheap cuts of anything. Only thing decent were the hams for 97 cents a pound, that were three times that costs a week ago.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like Biden's "Meat Beating" plan is to hand out pork:
- $375 million in "gap" financing to jumpstart meat processing projects that "truly expand capacity outside the largest meat and poultry processors." The agriculture department will provide $150 million in its first phase for roughly 15 projects, and another $225 million in the second phase.
- Up to $275 million in capital for banks to provide loans and other financing with favorable terms for independent processors investing in cold storage, specialized equipment and other needs.
- $100 million to provide loan guarantees for more than $1 billion in loans.
- $100 million to train workers for well-paying, safe jobs.
- $50 million to provide technical assistance and research that will lower barriers for entrepreneurs, independent companies and others looking to add meatpacking processing. The effort will help businesses better understand environmental, food safety and worker safety requirements.
- $100 million to reduce overtime and holiday inspection costs for small and very small poultry, meat and egg processing plants keep up with unprecedented demand. The initiative is expected to cut fees 30% to 75%.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You made the claim, you cite the sources.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sounds like Biden's "Meat Beating" plan is to hand out pork:
- $375 million in "gap" financing to jumpstart meat processing projects that "truly expand capacity outside the largest meat and poultry processors." The agriculture department will provide $150 million in its first phase for roughly 15 projects, and another $225 million in the second phase.
- Up to $275 million in capital for banks to provide loans and other financing with favorable terms for independent processors investing in cold storage, specialized equipment and other needs.
- $100 million to provide loan guarantees for more than $1 billion in loans.
- $100 million to train workers for well-paying, safe jobs.
- $50 million to provide technical assistance and research that will lower barriers for entrepreneurs, independent companies and others looking to add meatpacking processing. The effort will help businesses better understand environmental, food safety and worker safety requirements.
- $100 million to reduce overtime and holiday inspection costs for small and very small poultry, meat and egg processing plants keep up with unprecedented demand. The initiative is expected to cut fees 30% to 75%.
View Quote

Where's all that money coming from?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Government intervention is a bad idea more times than not.  With a Biden government it's not going to go well.  

There is a problem with the meat packers monopoly but the solution is not government intervention.  Personally I think the only sustainable solution is farmers/ranchers having co-op packing plants.  It's a huge investment but would help packaged meat coincide with true market conditions and would help the ranchers get market value for their product
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Drawing a blank.
View Quote

In January 2021 gas here was $2.25 a gallon.  Now its $3.43 a gallon. You are 100% correct
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

People have more money.

People buy meat they wouldn't normally buy.

Demand goes up.

Company raises prices thus more profit.

Where's the problem?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I can only assume biden’s influence on meat prices is the same as it is on oil prices.  

I was led to believe Biden didn’t control prices or have any impact on rising prices. Even if his EOs and policies are hostile to an industry, that has absolutely nothing to do with that industry’s rising prices.  

See what a beef pot roast is going for now, and check in a year. Pretty safe Bet this will be a waste of money and prices will be higher in a year.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#28]
So democrats created a situation where nobody wanted to work.  Meat packers couldn't keep employees and had to offer incentives while at the same time had to cut production to maintain an illusion of keeping employees safe.  Cost of transportation went through the roof employee wages went through the roof, and we wonder why beef prices went up.  

Senior maintenance mechanics at the plant closest to me makes $30 an hour, and they can get up to 60 hours a week.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#29]
"Hey...I'm Joe Biden...I'm here to help"

frown.jpeg...
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#30]
So the .gov has it's hand in creating a problem and then gets to blame someone else for it.  And the stupids believe it.

What a racket.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Government intervention is a bad idea more times than not.  With a Biden government it's not going to go well.  

There is a problem with the meat packers monopoly but the solution is not government intervention.  Personally I think the only sustainable solution is farmers/ranchers having co-op packing plants.  It's a huge investment but would help packaged meat coincide with true market conditions and would help the ranchers get market value for their product
View Quote

The Packers are just too big, the only thing I can think of is they should be a fee for service industry doing it for hire for third parties. Probably with price slot set by public bid.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Fuck biden he's the reason why shit is so expensive and hard to find.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do you actually think that government stepping in will make it better?  
View Quote
Only if you like low prices and shortages at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Drawing a blank.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drawing a blank.

From my favorite documentary on the used car industry:

Used Cars (1980) - Clip: Inflation Solution (HD)
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Only if you like low high prices and shortages at the same time.
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Biden is a moron.

Shut down a pipeline, force us to yet again be dependent on foreign governments for fuel.

Cost of fuel, oil, grease. As well as styrofoam, plastics, fertilizer and herbicides to sky rocket.

Also destroyed the economy causing massive inflation and shortages.

Guess what fuckO? If my fuel, oil and greast costs have doubled. The operating cost of my equipment has doubled......  it cost twice as much for me to make hay. Not even counting managing my fields.

If it cost double to feed my animals, double in fuel tobtruck them and double for packaging. Someone has to pay for that.

I have people 4-5 hours away I haven't talked to for years begging for hay I don't have to sell. Offering me triple for a load I don't have.

Why don't I have an extra 1,000 bales this year? Oh because covid supply shortage bullshit. Tractor down for 2 weeks waiting on and $8 part... get fucked. Baling twine unobtanium... get fucked. Oh you need new knives for the hay mower?... get fucked. How about that ag tire that took 6 weeks to get.... get fucked.

Thankfully we have plenty of hay for our own animals.

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Biden has had 47+ years of public service as a Democrat to finely hone the number one job requirement for ANY Democrat.  Nothing is ever his fault.  He is just a victim of circumstances, an economy out to get him, monopolist corporations, run-away inflation, etc.  But, that is what Democrats do best - project problems that they create onto others and then propose "solutions" for the problems that they created in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Biden has had 47+ years of public service as a Democrat to finely hone the number one job requirement for ANY Democrat.  Nothing is ever his fault.  He is just a victim of circumstances, an economy out to get him, monopolist corporations, run-away inflation, etc.  But, that is what Democrats do best - project problems that they create onto others and then propose "solutions" for the problems that they created in the first place.
View Quote

I've never met a Dem that wasn't a victim.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I am still paying 4.20 a pound for half a cow vacuum packed.

Little bit higher but I still have 40 pounds of hamburger
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So democrats created a situation where nobody wanted to work.  Meat packers couldn't keep employees and had to offer incentives while at the same time had to cut production to maintain an illusion of keeping employees safe.  Cost of transportation went through the roof employee wages went through the roof, and we wonder why beef prices went up.  

Senior maintenance mechanics at the plant closest to me makes $30 an hour, and they can get up to 60 hours a week.
View Quote

Bingo.

Everyone should make a living wage no matter the job? Well, enjoy the second and third order effects, like paying 3x as much for food.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Drawing a blank.
View Quote

I mean there's no way that people who are against us plebs eating meat would intentionally raise the prices.

Same with gas there's no way that just because they don't want us using it they are intentionally making it more costly.

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Brandon hasn't gone through a grocery store check out, cooked a meal or pumped a gallon of gas in decades.

His handlers give him talking points to appear in touch with reality, which he certainly isn't.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Compelling companies to shut down because of covid or mandatory jab and now it's the company's fault?

LGB!
View Quote

Guaranteed this will end up being laid at the feet of the un-jabbed masses
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Biden is a moron.

Shut down a pipeline, force us to yet again be dependent on foreign governments for fuel.

Cost of fuel, oil, grease. As well as styrofoam, plastics, fertilizer and herbicides to sky rocket.

Also destroyed the economy causing massive inflation and shortages.

Guess what fuckO? If my fuel, oil and greast costs have doubled. The operating cost of my equipment has doubled......  it cost twice as much for me to make hay. Not even counting managing my fields.

If it cost double to feed my animals, double in fuel tobtruck them and double for packaging. Someone has to pay for that.

I have people 4-5 hours away I haven't talked to for years begging for hay I don't have to sell. Offering me triple for a load I don't have.

Why don't I have an extra 1,000 bales this year? Oh because covid supply shortage bullshit. Tractor down for 2 weeks waiting on and $8 part... get fucked. Baling twine unobtanium... get fucked. Oh you need new knives for the hay mower?... get fucked. How about that ag tire that took 6 weeks to get.... get fucked.

Thankfully we have plenty of hay for our own animals.

View Quote

Can confirm feed prices are out of sight and it is because of what you wrote.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm honestly getting sick of the president of the united states constantly whining that somebody else needs to fix the problems because it is their fault and he can't do anything.
If the situation was exactly the same and trump was in charge, by god he would get something done.
I'm getting tired of my weak president.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#48]
He screws up EVERYTHING he touches.

HIGHER prices on the way!

Biden is a commie.

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Joe says we are getting fucked by big meat.
Jill and Jen will be on top of it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Joe says we are getting fucked by big meat.
Jill and Jen will be on top of it.
View Quote

This would seem to be Kumala's specialty.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top