Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
good
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yahoo News wrote a story about this and spotlighted Michigan.
Michigan could be an important swing state.
Guns + Corn Pop + Hairy legs = Votes (maybe)
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Uhh...  I don't think I could even run a mile, period.  My crippled legs don't work very well.

Doesn't make me any less dangerous.  I'll just be holed up in my little shit shack here until Judgement Day comes.
View Quote

BROTHER.  

The metal in my knees and multiple abdominal surgeries since age 64 have pretty much ended any thought I might have entertained of running.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve seen it first hand.  At big box retail gun store.  So many older black men and women getting their first, and sometimes second gun in their life.  We help them fit a holster and get cleaning supplies.  I’ll be honest, I sometimes take more time with the older black customers, not always mind you but sometimes I do.  The black older customers aren’t as likely to have experience with firearms as some of the older white customers, in my personal experience.  I have had some great conversations with both men and women from the greatest generation who happen to be black.  Never once is it a conversation based on race, but one of self defense.  

I do see a trend for older customers, both black and white to want lasers.  I try and show them with our blue Rings demo guns the difference with lasers and a flashlight.  Once they hold the laser vs light they usually opt for the light.  I don’t work commission so I will sell them whatever they want, but the reality of the red or green laser is a shaking hand does you no good when trying to focus on a pinpoint dot.  

Just my .02
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Facts. The average GD poster that owns $30K in NODS and Crye shit, but talks like they've seen some shit, can't even run the 2-miler in less than 13 minutes, which is pathetic.
View Quote

The day I can run 2 miles in 13 minutes is the day I'm gonna need someone to put a boot up my ass for letting my lifting go to hell.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
If they are buying them to protect their lives, their family and the things they worked hard for, I welcome them to the club with open arms. The ones arming up to take over Texas with Grandmaster Jay, I laugh at them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That’s an ignorant comment.  Stupidity with firearms transcends demographics.  Now if you are referring to new, untrained firearms owners in general, I would agree.  There are many new firearms owners across the board right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna be a lot of NDs

That’s an ignorant comment.  Stupidity with firearms transcends demographics.  Now if you are referring to new, untrained firearms owners in general, I would agree.  There are many new firearms owners across the board right now.

The /one/ bit of pause we should have on that, is that it /may/ be that black 1st time gun owners are not availing themselves of all the information out there, simply because it's not being marketed to them explicitly.  There's plenty of good content out there, and plenty that's more geared toward them, but they'll have to be willing to sift through some white redneckery & neckbeardery to get to it.  If they have an antigun partisan background (which they do have a much higher rate of) and false perception about the NRA being racist/etc, they'll have a much harder time.

If they're not willing to engage the successful firearms culture that is predominantly composed of whites, they will likely have a harder time finding good information like the four laws, Eddie Eagle stuff, and instructors that aren't Grandmaster Voda's.

And that could very easily translate into higher rates of accidents than for new gun owners who are white & not as intimidated by gun culture.  Our culture is pretty diverse, so I hope it's already accessible enough & my fears are exaggerated.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hope they pay attention to which politicians don’t want them to have guns.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I know the owner of a large gun store here in Vegas.

he said the same thing.

He's not thrilled
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Facts. The average GD poster that owns $30K in NODS and Crye shit, but talks like they've seen some shit, can't even run the 2-miler in less than 13 minutes, which is pathetic.
View Quote

47 years old :). There has been an uptick in Black gun ownership, outside of my normal shooting and hunting crews..quite a few friends have been asking for advice on what to buy or ask to go shooting with me.  Too late now, I’m all about prepping for bow hunting!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Everyone that understands defunding the police is stupid is buying a gun, if they didnt have one.

In the months before that people were buying guns because they were concerned the unwashed masses without income were going to riot.

There is no bad reason to own a firearm
View Quote

This between the riots, and people calling for the abolishment of the police, lots of first time buyers are looking to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Virginia vs NFAC

L
O
L
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Like the average poster in GD has anymore training and experience.

Virginia vs NFAC

L
O
L

Note that they weren't marching in swamp heat on Lobby Day (I was there, but missed the march)

I think we're too hard on them in that particular instance (doing that march at all was an exercise in poor planning, however)
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#14]
The new guy at work is a transplant from Georgia. Black male, 26. He was considering buying a gun from another co worker at a very fair price. I’ve been telling him do it, do it right now this panic isn’t going anywhere.

He’s also going to vote for the first time, for trump.

The more new black gun owners the better for all of us.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he said the same thing.

He's not thrilled

Why?

Massive political and racial tension followed by the opposing political and racial group arming up.
Does that sound like a good sign to you? Do you expect him to virtue signal to the grave?
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup.

Mark my words.. the left will push for the 2A to be banned for anyone not voting Democrat.
View Quote

Issue is a lot of people just spent money on stuff. I doubt they'll be happy for it to be confiscated
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna be a lot of NDs

Probably a reference to the ND(s) at the NFAC rally.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

2 miles in less than 13 minutes is maxing APFT for 17-21 year old Soldier. Lol.
View Quote
That's quick. I would be (and am) happy with a 16 min 2 mile.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet they can’t even chug either.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You fishin for racists?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Massive political and racial tension followed by the opposing political and racial group arming up.
Does that sound like a good sign to you? Do you expect him to virtue signal to the grave?
View Quote

So only white people are allowed to own guns?
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I saw a guy run a high 9 minute two mile during a PT test. It was absolutely incredible. However, he wasn't combat arms, which means his "training" was probably insufficient in the world of combat arms. I've witnessed PT studs who suck at rucking. It's a strange world really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw a guy run a high 9 minute two mile during a PT test. It was absolutely incredible. However, he wasn't combat arms, which means his "training" was probably insufficient in the world of combat arms. I've witnessed PT studs who suck at rucking. It's a strange world really.

I'm sure he can run, but he probably can't score shit on the range quals, and killed the clearing barrel coming onto the FOB like most of the pogues before they get their ART-15.  Whatever.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Literally everyone is buying guns. Not just blacks. I know Latinos, Asians, and even whites that would have never owned guns that are buying now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#24]
GODDAMN this is a weird thread.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#25]
The article features Michael Cargill, the black owner of Central Texas Gunworks in Austin.

I have used CTG for an FFL transfer. They were timely, friendly and the transfer was 25 bucks.

Their gun selection is actually limited but they do a lot of LTC and other trainings.

It is rare and heartening to walk into a LGS and see some black guys strapped up and doing business.

They sell T-shirts we all love, like Buy a Gun, Annoy a Liberal
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wonder how often his photo is all over r/JustBootThings on Reddit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jealous of my flair? Sorry you only have a cat avatar to boast about.

Thanks for your service!  

Wonder how often his photo is all over r/JustBootThings on Reddit.

I’m sure it’s nothing compared to how often your picture appears on the special olympics website. #Goldmedalist #Tardlife
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Ok what about ammo?
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#28]
CoC 1 Removed --- Edited by brass
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#29]
And the problem is?

Every law abiding citizen in the US has the right to own firearms.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
CoC 1 Removed --- Edited by brass
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PFFFFFFFFFFFFfftttttttttttt.

I can walk from the front door to the car door in less than a minute then drive two miles in a minute and a half.

I win.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

he said the same thing.

He's not thrilled
View Quote

I wouldn't be either.  They're not buying them as sudden 2nd Amendment supporters.

They're buying them to "protect themselves against racist cops and white supremacists".
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I run mine in 12:47 as a 32 year old.
View Quote

Good thing you aren't 13 seconds slower or you'd be totally pathetic!
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:57:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be either.  They're not buying them as sudden 2nd Amendment supporters.

They're buying them to "protect themselves against racist cops and white supremacists".
View Quote

So you mean, they're buying a gun for self defense like most people?

Most people dont buy guns to support the second.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Do you even squat bro? 2 miles in 13 minutes is faster than a most casual runners.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even squat bro? 2 miles in 13 minutes is faster than a most casual runners.

I can do 2 miles easy in a couple of hours.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Great. As long as they're not BLM/Antifa types. I've seen some people at the range, both black and white, that sketch me out lately.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

[/b]

The black people I work with aren't BLM and are just now trying to buy guns and ammo.
I won't pretend they are Conservatives, but they aren't the people we need to worry about.
View Quote

But you should remind them to pay attention to which politicians are trying to violate their constitutional rights and disarm them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Meh...I'm okay with this.  

The ones I know are alright, the leftist ones are just more battlefield pickups, and resupply points.  *shrug*

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I, usually, ran the 2 mile at around 14 minutes, sometimes a bit over, sometimes a bit under.  Granted, this was back in the 80s and what was my 'prime'.  Now-a-days, I don't run much...if somethings chasing, I just shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:20:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
good
View Quote

excellent lets turn the 2nd amendment into a civil rights amendment
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#41]
This is the mass media's attempt at intimidation, in my opinion. The fact of the matter is, black people represent a minority and a large number of them have felony convictions and drug use/arrests which disqualifies them from legal possession of a firearm. So I have a hard time believing black people are buying 'lots of' legal firearms. It is what it be.

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good. They should arm up. It's their god given right to buy firearms.

As another poster said - i hope they vote accordingly.
View Quote

Good. I always felt like people rationalize things better when it directly effects them.

I have tried to help several black folks understand whose pushing gun control after they got a gun. One was definitely opposed to democrats because of that, but I doubt he actually voted.

The other thing I try and do is help people who have old felony convictions for non violent convictions restore their rights. Race is irrelevant to that, because I fundamentally believe that guns are for everyone.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:23:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So you mean, they're buying a gun for self defense like most people?

Most people dont buy guns to support the second.
View Quote

Wait until there are more police shootings.

The narrative is:

1.  If you're black, the cops will execute you.
2.  White supremacists are all over the country and they will kill you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:24:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I can do 2 miles easy in a couple of hours.
View Quote

Pfft! The dog and I can do it in 45-60 minutes! And thats with a lot of pee sniffing along the way.
The dog not me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:26:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He isn't saying they shouldn't be allowed too, at least I hope not but perhaps that it would be better if they didn't.

There is plenty of people/groups that I would rather not own guns. Antifa terrorists for one.

Now I disagree its a bad idea that black people are buying guns, it makes me very glad they are starting to see the benefit in self defense and may be more inclined to be against gun control.

Groups trying to instigate a race war like the NFAC marching in Georgia would fall under the I'd rather they not have guns ( but I still think they should allowed to, as all free Americans ) but I doubt the majority of blacks fall into that type of group.

I suspect many of them are just scared watching their cities fall apart and don't want to be unprepared. Especially the older ones. Good for them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he said the same thing.

He's not thrilled

Frankly they don't scare me. Some of them might be buying them because they are afraid of white supremacists and cops, but if they are average law abiding citizens they won't be hurting innocent people anyway. I am not going to bother them, thus they likely won't bother me. An armed society is a polite society.

Groups like black panthers and NFAC are different they are a threat and may well want to start a race war and are willing to commit aggression, but I doubt that is the majority of black purchasers.

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:30:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I run mine in 12:47 as a 32 year old. Can you do better?

Don't smoke or be a fat fuck, and work out regularly, and it's entirely achievable.
View Quote

The point was, that's a HIGH standard, not "pathetic" if you can't meet it, as you put it.  

When I was a soccer goalkeeper, 16 was probably around my best 2-mile ever (I rarely did them).  But there was only one guy on my team who could beat me in a sprint, and that was only by a step, and I'd pressure train any of their asses into the ground.  Distance running is but one metric of physical fitness.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:31:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Everyone that understands defunding the police is stupid is buying a gun, if they didnt have one.

In the months before that people were buying guns because they were concerned the unwashed masses without income were going to riot.

There is no bad reason to own a firearm
View Quote

Crime.  Crime is a bad reason to own a firearm.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 1:33:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He isn't saying they shouldn't be allowed too, at least I hope not but perhaps that it would be better if they didn't.

There is plenty of people/groups that I would rather not own gun. Antifa terrorists for one.

Now I disagree its a bad idea that black people are buying guns, it makes me very glad they are starting to see the benefit in self defense and may be more inclined to be against gun control.

Groups trying to instigate a race war like the NFAC marching in Georgia would fall under the I'd rather they not have guns ( but I still think they should allowed to, as all free Americans ) but I doubt the majority of blacks fall into that type of group.

I suspect many of them are just scared watching their cities fall apart and don't want to be unprepared. Especially the older ones. Good for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is plenty of people/groups that I would rather not own gun. Antifa terrorists for one.

You're likely to catch a bit of shit for the highlighted part, just fyi.

Shouldn't wear that dress, and all of that.

The lines are drawn, both sides are arming up; the majority of folks are looking at self defense, and defense of family.  

We'll all see how it all shakes out.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top