Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ever hear of The Great Wealth Transfer?  If boomers were bad at business then where did the unprecedented tens of trillions of dollars (highest speculated I saw is $68 trillion) that they are leaving their descendants come from?  My wife and I inherited nothing but we are going to leave our two kids a modest but life-altering inheritance.

Most bitching about boomers is due to frustration about having to wait for inheritances.  <---Broad brush just as stupid as saying boomers are terrible at business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't bother arguing.

Boomers are terrible at business.

Ever hear of The Great Wealth Transfer?  If boomers were bad at business then where did the unprecedented tens of trillions of dollars (highest speculated I saw is $68 trillion) that they are leaving their descendants come from?  My wife and I inherited nothing but we are going to leave our two kids a modest but life-altering inheritance.

Most bitching about boomers is due to frustration about having to wait for inheritances.  <---Broad brush just as stupid as saying boomers are terrible at business.

I’m set for life already. And below 40. All but what my grandfather left me (died in 94) has been my own.   He was a greatest generation, not a boomer.

My bitch about boomers is for other millennials. “I got mine” so to speak. They’re not retiring because of poor life choices.  They also tend to get overly emotional with business decisions. They also tend to overly react business wise.

Also they’re general clowning on the younger generation that “can’t do anything.”

Guess what… I’m completely capable. I’ve gone further in my career than predecessors, faster than them. I can do more things. I have degrees they don’t. Etc. “Smarter, faster, better.”

Thus my clowning in boomers. Their only answer is the previous page. “You must of got everything handed to you.”  Yeah? Why would I do all this? Why would I work my ass off 7 days a week? Clowns.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
back when I was living in NYC, I was apartment hunting around 2001 and there was one building where they accepted credit/debit cards for rent
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You would lose that bet. Along with most bets on assumptions about me.

I just like to make boomers grit their teeth and pop off with their generalized conceptions of younger generations.  That makes them look like a gigantic idiot.

I also raise these assholes:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/83935AE9-3555-40FA-8F53-CCC2DEA8FB3C-1131168.jpg

Do cool things:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/8920FE52-C074-4694-AFA4-B7869FAD73EE-2569056.jpg

Shoot cool guns!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/B0D3A441-3EB5-43D7-8B86-BD1AE8B4B999-2542977.jpg

Have cool vehicles:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/CB9BEB7B-BD0F-4DB3-BF7B-38EAF1D7A763-2701789.jpg

Have I stumped you yet?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/78D33AE2-A0B0-4D16-86A5-0B80BE7FE0F8-2768521.jpg

I’m just a functional idiot that likes to have fun. That’s really good at his job. That can talk toe to toe with the top economists in the world. And can hang out with CEO’s of top companies.  Etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love the boomer resistance to getting paid rent via credit card.

I accept whatever payment people want to give.  Part of doing business. Make it easier for your customer.  Business 101.

Most boomers are smart enough to know that there is no free lunch. If the landlord incurs more costs by accepting a CC than they think it is worth, they won’t take them. It is not rocket science.

Who do you think invented credit cards? Hint: they have been around a long time.

Dude I sell fuel and gasoline and people pay all the time with credit card. Don’t even try to pretend like there isn’t ways to regain credit card fees.

My margin on fuel is Pennies. My margin on transport fuel is typically 2.5 cents.

I have customers that want to pay with a credit card. So I figure it out. If you can’t figure it out, shame on you.

Dude I worked for a finance company that made subprime auto loans and personal loans. We did take credit cards on our website and over the phone.  We generally charged a convince fee but sometimes collections would waive the fee when they felt it was worth it.

Did I mention that we had our own credit cards for a couple of years? I know all about how credit cards work and the fees charged to the cardholder and the merchant. Did you ever hear of First Data? That is one of the companies I had direct contact with before I retired.

Dude. My family’s businesses are worth a few billion.  

I’m glad you’re retired. Enjoy it. Stay there.

I am enjoying retirement and have no need or desire to go back to work. There is nothing like being able to go where I want when I want.

Ayyye. Good for you. I get to do that too!

(Currently posting from a yacht in the Bahamas. Some of us young whipper snappers do pretty welll.)

Sounds like you were born with that silver spoon in mouth.....how would you really be doing without your "families billions"?

Double major in International studies and history. Minor in economics.
Masters in sales leadership.
One of about ~1000 certified lubricant engineers.
Extremely well respected in my field.

So you tell me. I worked my ass off to be where I’m at. My investments are doing great too.  

Could I sit on my ass and do nothing? Absolutely!

But my next goal is to be one of ~60 people with the NLGI CLGS certification.

money doesn't impress me, never has, never will, your worship of it is IMO pretty funny, and I'll bet you stand in front of a mirror every morning giving yourself positive confirmations.

I just like to make boomers grit their teeth and pop off with their generalized conceptions of younger generations.  That makes them look like a gigantic idiot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/83935AE9-3555-40FA-8F53-CCC2DEA8FB3C-1131168.jpg

Do cool things:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/8920FE52-C074-4694-AFA4-B7869FAD73EE-2569056.jpg

Shoot cool guns!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/B0D3A441-3EB5-43D7-8B86-BD1AE8B4B999-2542977.jpg

Have cool vehicles:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/CB9BEB7B-BD0F-4DB3-BF7B-38EAF1D7A763-2701789.jpg

Have I stumped you yet?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/78D33AE2-A0B0-4D16-86A5-0B80BE7FE0F8-2768521.jpg

I’m just a functional idiot that likes to have fun. That’s really good at his job. That can talk toe to toe with the top economists in the world. And can hang out with CEO’s of top companies.  Etc.

Oh wow..you got stuff, big deal, here's a clue for ya...it ain't yours, you're gonna end up in a hole like everyone else...and all your stuff will belong to someone else.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh wow..you got stuff, big deal, here's a clue for ya...it ain't yours, you're gonna end up in a hole like everyone else...and all your stuff will belong to someone else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I accept whatever payment people want to give.  Part of doing business. Make it easier for your customer.  Business 101.

Most boomers are smart enough to know that there is no free lunch. If the landlord incurs more costs by accepting a CC than they think it is worth, they won’t take them. It is not rocket science.

Who do you think invented credit cards? Hint: they have been around a long time.

Dude I sell fuel and gasoline and people pay all the time with credit card. Don’t even try to pretend like there isn’t ways to regain credit card fees.

My margin on fuel is Pennies. My margin on transport fuel is typically 2.5 cents.

I have customers that want to pay with a credit card. So I figure it out. If you can’t figure it out, shame on you.

Dude I worked for a finance company that made subprime auto loans and personal loans. We did take credit cards on our website and over the phone.  We generally charged a convince fee but sometimes collections would waive the fee when they felt it was worth it.

Did I mention that we had our own credit cards for a couple of years? I know all about how credit cards work and the fees charged to the cardholder and the merchant. Did you ever hear of First Data? That is one of the companies I had direct contact with before I retired.

I am enjoying retirement and have no need or desire to go back to work. There is nothing like being able to go where I want when I want.

(Currently posting from a yacht in the Bahamas. Some of us young whipper snappers do pretty welll.)

Sounds like you were born with that silver spoon in mouth.....how would you really be doing without your "families billions"?

So you tell me. I worked my ass off to be where I’m at. My investments are doing great too.  

money doesn't impress me, never has, never will, your worship of it is IMO pretty funny, and I'll bet you stand in front of a mirror every morning giving yourself positive confirmations.

Do cool things:

Shoot cool guns!

Have cool vehicles:

Have I stumped you yet?

Dude just stop.  

I have 0 debt. I play the market more than well. My company is in the top 10 in the US in what we do.  Since I took over sales operations we are growing at double digit rates. And there’s a ton of people on here that know me personally. I actually think I employ at least 6 arfcommers.

Or just keep being a clown. Making assumptions and making an ass out of yourself.

My life is awesome. I’m going to keep working to make it even more awesome.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Uh, landlords don't take credit cards.

Uh, that includes Venmo BTW.

PAY ON TIME BY CHECK OR WIRE TRANSFER ONLY.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stand aside boomers, the future is ours!
https://www.biltrewards.com/card

I do and I know a lot that do from my real estate investor group.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#7]
My inlaw has a "black" card and the annual fees are like $5K

You have to REALLY use it to get the value.

Happy enough with my "platinum" and I use it enough to make it worth the fees (for work).

We did some house remodeling and repairs.

Just make sure you pay that shit off .. the interest is still fucking insane.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Happy enough with my "platinum" and I use it enough to make it worth the fees (for work).

View Quote

Completely not worth it unless you’re wanting to show off.

I qualified for it. But not worth it at all. I have an Amex blue cash and a company amex platinum. Then a personal visa cash back.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Paying rent on credit?

Unless the balance is paid off monthly that seems kind of dumb. And how many of the Gen Z's aren't bitching about how difficult it is to pay for their lives and can afford to do that?
View Quote

I have that option, but they also have a surcharge
to use that option.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

The property management company that owns
the complex I live in offers the option to do it.
They also have a surcharge for using that option.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It says they send a check on your behalf.  So, how do they make money if they can't charge a merchant fee to a landlord that only takes checks?

View Quote

For every 1 person who pays off the card in full every month, 8700 don’t. So they make money on the interest.  Given that they are sending a check, they are probably charging the cash advance rate as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The credit card company gives you a check, and the card holder gets reward points. That's it. I'm not sure why this is causing you to seethe so much, but it's honestly pretty funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not hating anything. You gave me a check. You have paid by check. I am not paying a fee for processing the money that you owe me.
You have not got something for free, which was the point of the entire thread.
This thread has opened my eyes to the mindset of the majority here.
ETA;Perfect avatar for you.
The credit card company gives you a check, and the card holder gets reward points. That's it. I'm not sure why this is causing you to seethe so much, but it's honestly pretty funny.

I am not seething(sp?) about a tennant providing a check. I don't get dinged on a check. I don't care if your trust fund monitor sends the check.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There is no fee with Venmo when it’s connected to your bank account as a payment method. There is a fee if you’re using a credit card to pay. Also, some cards (Chase) code it as a cash advance, so you get hit with the advance fee and instant interest. You also don’t get rewards points from Chase via Venmo payments. With Amex you can avoid the fees but you also don’t get rewards so it’s not worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I take venmo or zelle, it’s the preferred way. Definitely better than check or cash, and there’s no fees!

Venmo has 1.9% + $.10 fee per transaction THAT THE PAYEE PAYS.
Do you know what a payee is? Zelle has a $1500 limit(last time I checked).
Google it muh child.

There is no fee with Venmo when it’s connected to your bank account as a payment method. There is a fee if you’re using a credit card to pay. Also, some cards (Chase) code it as a cash advance, so you get hit with the advance fee and instant interest. You also don’t get rewards points from Chase via Venmo payments. With Amex you can avoid the fees but you also don’t get rewards so it’s not worth it.

I am the payee...
Nevermind, I give up.
I am a capitalist pig for specifying in a lease that rent has to be paid by check or wire transfer.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

lmao..like businesses never existed before millennials, funny thing..us boomers are the ones with houses versus rentals.
View Quote

And......... rental houses.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am the payee...
Nevermind, I give up.
I am a capitalist pig for specifying in a lease that rent has to be paid by check or wire transfer.
View Quote

Provisions maximizing  property ROI are desirable. If it works for you, goodonya. Control your business how you see fit.

But CC payments aren't an issue for a significant portion of non individual investors  - most large unit holder entities accept.

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

AMEX Black is $10k buy in, $10k a year. You need to spend more than $2 million a year to make it work. My neighbor has one for his business. And I occasionally do consulting for him with clients. And the travel perks are awesome. He will give me the card for when I am traveling for him.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dude just stop.  

I have 0 debt. I play the market more than well. My company is in the top 10 in the US in what we do.  Since I took over sales operations we are growing at double digit rates. And there’s a ton of people on here that know me personally. I actually think I employ at least 6 arfcommers.

Or just keep being a clown. Making assumptions and making an ass out of yourself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do cool things:

Shoot cool guns!

Have cool vehicles:

Have I stumped you yet?

Dude just stop.  

And you'll die just like the rest of us..and someone else will own your stuff, now go back to your mirror.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 1:33:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do cool things:

Shoot cool guns!

Have cool vehicles:

Have I stumped you yet?

I'm just a functional idiot that likes to have fun. That's really good at his job. That can talk toe to toe with the top economists in the world. And can hang out with CEO's of top companies.  Etc.
View Quote
Wow.   What  an amazing person.   Thanks for sharing your incredibleness with us mortals.   I'm so (un)impressed.  Too bad you weren't raised with values like respect for your elders, and thus apparently feel the need to make irrational attacks on other, wiser age groups.
The only ignorant popping off about other generations, and thus looking like a "gigantic idiot", I ever see are those fools who feel compelled to start the completely irrelevant and childish rants about "boomers" in otherwise-unrelated threads.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Kinda WTF - even by GD traditions

But if peeps have an interest in Bilt as a renter there's a few things to consider. There's the Bilt Alliance and Bilt MC (issued by WFB) respectively - you need to hold the MC to get full value. There's plenty on the net both at the Bilt MC and Alliance sites and on that various award/travel credit card sites. The specifics and provisions of the card are there - I can see the award structure being attractive

1. You have other minimum usage on the card each month for you to earn points on rent - this offsets some of the cost to the issuer. The goal here, as with most award programs, is to entice you into the ecosystem and have this card become your primary "spend" choice. Even if you pay off monthly there's value for the issuer to have holders create new volume
  2. If your landlord isn't part of the @ 3M units (mostly large outfits like TCR, Windsor, etc) it's a bit more of a task to pay rent - but not onerous. It's open to any now, but renting from an alliance member makes the payment process seamless. It's easy to determine if your landlord is a member - it's promulgated, just call your rental team
  3. There's incentivized actions beyond paying rents -lease signing, renewals, paying on the 1st, etc. Create's value for both the tenant and landlord system
If you're a landlord, really need more than 1k units to see any value, and more like 5k+ for a solid return in effort. Much of the incentivisation offered can be created internally. Their sales team is decent but they don't really understand how to convey value and the pitch is pretty formulaic. If you're using Yardi, Appfolio, Entrata, etc it's easier to implement. Interested in seeing how, there's links at the Bilt site.

I see how Bilt's systems been constructed to appeal to renters and landlords - but either need to dig into details to see if it makes sense for individual cases

My apologies for interrupting the always entertaining  purse swinging, but hopefully helpful giving a brief glimpse of why BA/WFB entered the market space

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't read this whole thread, and I just noticed these comments.  Aren't you the oil expert on here?  If so, you've made some great post....this isn't one of them.

Maybe I'm missing some sarcasm?  Your comments are embarrassing.  It's not a good look.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And you'll die just like the rest of us..and someone else will own your stuff, now go back to your mirror.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do cool things:

Shoot cool guns!

Have cool vehicles:

Have I stumped you yet?

Dude just stop.  

Y’all are making my point for me.

I’m good without a mirror.

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I haven't read this whole thread, and I just noticed these comments.  Aren't you the oil expert on here?  If so, you've made some great post....this isn't one of them.

Maybe I'm missing some sarcasm?  Your comments are embarrassing.  It's not a good look.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it a bad post?  Because I’m fortunate to have the motivation to better my life?

See my sig line. Direction, not intention, determines destination.

I could have been handed a standard quo life. I’d be comfortable for sure.

Instead of standard quo, I want to go beyond that.  It feels great to work my ass off.  It feels great to accomplish things. To be able to talk and understand the best in the world in some fields. To be known as one of the best in your field.  It feels great to be able to inspire others, to help others also become successful.  

No idea where I’ll end up, or my “destination” yet.  So I’m going to keep working until I’m happy with where I am at.  Im not happy yet, so, I’m going to keep working my ass off till I hit my destination.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wow.   What  an amazing person.   Thanks for sharing your incredibleness with us mortals.   I'm so (un)impressed.  Too bad you weren't raised with values like respect for your elders, and thus apparently feel the need to make irrational attacks on other, wiser age groups.
The only ignorant popping off about other generations, and thus looking like a "gigantic idiot", I ever see are those fools who feel compelled to start the completely irrelevant and childish rants about "boomers" in otherwise-unrelated threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do cool things:

Shoot cool guns!

Have cool vehicles:

Have I stumped you yet?

I'm just a functional idiot that likes to have fun. That's really good at his job. That can talk toe to toe with the top economists in the world. And can hang out with CEO's of top companies.  Etc.

Respect my elders?

Respect is earned. Not given. There’s no reason why I should default respect anyone who is older than me.

They have to earn it, like I have to earn mine.  End of story.  No free lunch, so to speak.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I put everything on my rerward card, then pay it off every month. I get a few thousand $$ a year for free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Points on rent?

I put everything on my rerward card, then pay it off every month. I get a few thousand $$ a year for free.
I wouldn't say free.   It's already built into the cost, so why give more money away.  I use three cards to max my rewards.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

But if peeps have an interest in Bilt as a renter there's a few things to consider. There's the Bilt Alliance and Bilt MC (issued by WFB) respectively - you need to hold the MC to get full value. There's plenty on the net both at the Bilt MC and Alliance sites and on that various award/travel credit card sites. The specifics and provisions of the card are there - I can see the award structure being attractive
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you apply to use Bilt as a renter, you are applying for the Bilt MC. It's all part of the same package and isn't separated out.

Quoted:
You have other minimum usage on the card each month for you to earn points on rent - this offsets some of the cost to the issuer. The goal here, as with most award programs, is to entice you into the ecosystem and have this card become your primary "spend" choice. Even if you pay off monthly there's value for the issuer to have holders create new volume
Correct. 5 total transactions, including the rent to qualify for points. Since I pay it off every month, the worst case scenario for me is that I may not get the points if I forget to use it enough. There's no additional transaction fees or cash advance fees to pay rent like several posters have speculated. I use the check option and it works great!
They offer some other great benefits such as cell phone damage/replacement insurance if you change your cell phone bill to be auto-paid by their card too.
It's nice to see someone who actually read the terms and was able to see where the value could lie for both sides, instead of the multitude of retard takes above.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why is it a bad post?  Because I’m fortunate to have the motivation to better my life?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you never met a braggart before?  

It is kind of funny to have someone of your stature hanging out in GD.   I have to say though...if I was a billionaire as you self describe, I wouldn't be prancing around GD posting pictures of my wonderful life.  Who are you looking to impress?

I remembered your name because of the oil threads....now I will remember your name as the big shot blowing in GD.  

I'm nobody to you, but I just lost all respect for your greatness in one thread.  Good luck to you sir.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It is kind of funny to have someone of your stature hanging out in GD.   I have to say though...if I was a billionaire as you self describe, I wouldn't be prancing around GD posting pictures of my wonderful life.  Who are you looking to impress?

I remembered your name because of the oil threads....now I will remember your name as the big shot blowing in GD.  

I'm nobody to you, but I just lost all respect for your greatness in one thread.  Good luck to you sir.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the internet.

I’d get into the psychology of it. But, this is the internet. If people are going to hate on me, they’re going to hate on me. It is what it is.  

A lot of people instantly don’t like me because who I am. My family etc.  so, nothing new.

I wish you all the best. And if we ever would meet, I’d buy you a beer.

I don’t take the internet too seriously.  It’s bad for one’s health.

Edit: I would buy any arfcommer a beer. I hold no illwill over disagreements on there. We should all be on the correct side of 2A rights. Anything else is minor.  I don’t have a single person on my ignore list.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I take Venmo and Zelle, and even Apple Cash. But no credit cards.

In the good old days, I used to pay my mortgage with my rewards card, without any cost to me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/88C33ABF-4731-44B8-9091-9C61419383C3-2776794.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do cool things:

Shoot cool guns!

Have cool vehicles:

Have I stumped you yet?

Dude just stop.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/88C33ABF-4731-44B8-9091-9C61419383C3-2776794.jpg

lmao...you just ain't getting it, you're on social media bragging about your billions and all your stuff...you come across as a "basement millionaire" and it's funny to watch.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Boomers don't pay rent, they own paid for houses.
View Quote
I work with a guy that's in his 50s and paying rent.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

lmao...you just ain't getting it, you're on social media bragging about your billions and all your stuff...you come across as a "basement millionaire" and it's funny to watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do cool things:

Shoot cool guns!

Have cool vehicles:

Have I stumped you yet?

Dude just stop.  

Cool!

Glad you’re enjoying it. I enjoy making people laugh, it makes their day better!

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomers don't pay rent, they own paid for houses.

I prefer older mature couples for renting. Less drama and they aren't nearly as flaky.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

1. You have other minimum usage on the card each month for you to earn points on rent - this offsets some of the cost to the issuer. The goal here, as with most award programs, is to entice you into the ecosystem and have this card become your primary "spend" choice. Even if you pay off monthly there's value for the issuer to have holders create new volume
  2. If your landlord isn't part of the @ 3M units (mostly large outfits like TCR, Windsor, etc) it's a bit more of a task to pay rent - but not onerous. It's open to any now, but renting from an alliance member makes the payment process seamless. It's easy to determine if your landlord is a member - it's promulgated, just call your rental team
  3. There's incentivized actions beyond paying rents -lease signing, renewals, paying on the 1st, etc. Create's value for both the tenant and landlord system
If you're a landlord, really need more than 1k units to see any value, and more like 5k+ for a solid return in effort. Much of the incentivisation offered can be created internally. Their sales team is decent but they don't really understand how to convey value and the pitch is pretty formulaic. If you're using Yardi, Appfolio, Entrata, etc it's easier to implement. Interested in seeing how, there's links at the Bilt site.

I see how Bilt's systems been constructed to appeal to renters and landlords - but either need to dig into details to see if it makes sense for individual cases

My apologies for interrupting the always entertaining  purse swinging, but hopefully helpful giving a brief glimpse of why BA/WFB entered the market space

View Quote

@Alacrity

THANK YOU. Quality post, and it's actually relevant to the OP and informative.

I don't care what credit card anybody uses or doesn't use. Just be an informed consumer!

Anybody want to talk about managing their points and miles across products? TPG has an app for Apple users, any other "wallet" apps that you guys find useful?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you apply to use Bilt as a renter, you are applying for the Bilt MC. It's all part of the same package and isn't separated out.

Correct. 5 total transactions, including the rent to qualify for points. Since I pay it off every month, the worst case scenario for me is that I may not get the points if I forget to use it enough. There's no additional transaction fees or cash advance fees to pay rent like several posters have speculated. I use the check option and it works great!
They offer some other great benefits such as cell phone damage/replacement insurance if you change your cell phone bill to be auto-paid by their card too.
It's nice to see someone who actually read the terms and was able to see where the value could lie for both sides, instead of the multitude of retard takes above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
You have other minimum usage on the card each month for you to earn points on rent - this offsets some of the cost to the issuer. The goal here, as with most award programs, is to entice you into the ecosystem and have this card become your primary "spend" choice. Even if you pay off monthly there's value for the issuer to have holders create new volume

When pitched, there was an emphasis on the separation - but I'm coming from landlord's perspective and there's more than a bit to recall.

Good to hear from someone with actual use experience. Even the check option isn't difficult to execute each month? The only downside I could see if it's a pain in the ass, appears not the case

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When pitched, there was an emphasis on the separation - but I'm coming from landlord's perspective and there's more than a bit to recall.

Good to hear from someone with actual use experience. Even the check option isn't difficult to execute each month? The only downside I could see if it's a pain in the ass, appears not the case

View Quote

It couldn't be easier. I pick what day to send it, along with the landlord's name and address and they mail it out that day. They'll confirm when it's sent and when it's cashed too. Afterwards, it's set up to autopay from my bank account, so I don't even have to think about it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Foxtrot08 is who he says he is.

Not interested in the purse swinging, but the dude is on fire at what he does.

Carry on.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#37]
At least it is pretty clear which members are the ones I get stuck behind in line for groceries.

You guys know that if you just have to pay by check, you could at least fill some of it out before you get to the cashier.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Wait until folks figure out interest rate arbitrage.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top