Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 27
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We’ve got to start ignoring the ATF and fight them at the state level just like the pot push in the 90s and early 2000s did with the DEA. Make them unimportant. Stop letting the ATF a law enforcement agency decide what the laws are and creating the definition on a case by case basis.
View Quote

I feel like there is a bit difference in agency priorities as well as political backing. Drugs are bad, we know that. The DEA is fighting big time smugglers on our borders, heroin producers domestically, and meth labs in suburban neighborhoods. The population is pretty much behind them and they realized that pot isn't easy to control, is in a fairly shaky area due to its origin, and the population wanted it legalized overall.

The AFT is barely able to justify it's existance. The constitution essentially negates it's existance and supports the citizen's argument against their policies. Nearly half of the country would agree to dissolve their power to influence firearm related policy. They have to grasp at straws, politicizing gun related deaths and scaring the public into agreeing to bow down to them. Fighting the normal citizen to take more of his rights is how they grow their budget and justify staff.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah but but but that would take a looongTM* time...like maybe two or three weeks.

*that's a reference to some peoples thoughts of 6 months being long term in the covid forums thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks like they are back to only accepting Bitcoin

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if that's from a continuation of the Obama-era program to have banks and credit processors kick firearms related companies to the curb.

It's a very real and very dangerous weakness in the industry. Frankly - aside from cryptocurrency I'm not sure how it can be overcome without a massive push to develop and maintain alternative payment infrastructure.

They just need to accept a check or money order is all.
Back in the day we used to mail a check or money order to buy something from the back of Shotgun News and other periodical publications. People have the means if they want something it’s not that difficult. The modern instant self gratification click and ship can become irrelevant if need be.  

But with everyone clinging to muh amazon etc many will go without something rather than put a little effort into it.  No different than putting in a little effort to find local owned places to buy the things you need. Cut off the funding of the mega Corp conglomerates to regain local independence. Which in time will become regional independence. Which will in time become national independence. Basic concept but takes people who want freedom on the ground doing their part

Yeah but but but that would take a looongTM* time...like maybe two or three weeks.

*that's a reference to some peoples thoughts of 6 months being long term in the covid forums thread.

Yea and no. Depending on the folks really.  Gotta remember some will wait for something they want. Custom holsters or stocks for revolvers could take months or more to get and folks order then happily wait for em to arrive knowing it may take a while.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And that case precedent is also why binary triggers aren't machine guns, because they're require 2 separate "acts", for those who thing that binaries will be next on the chopping block.
View Quote

I hate to be rude, man, but they do whatever they want. The actual letter of the law hasn't stopped them before.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is another great point. The ATF clearly wanted Rare Breed to stop selling these on their own, because the ATF doesn't want to lose again in court re: what is and isn't a machine gun. The ATF knows the following:

1) The FRT-15 isn't a machine gun by the letter of the law
2) The tech in the FRT-15 is easily adaptable to other firearm designs
3) The proliferation of FRT tech could result in a defacto overturning of not just the Hughes amendment, but the restrictions on MGs in general
4) The ATF must stop this, but if it goes to court and they lose, like they just did in the 6th circuit, it's all over for them.

So the ATF issues a scary sounding cease and desist, which has the primary goal of stopping Rare Breed, but the secondary goal of scaring anyone else out there working on a similar design, say for an AK-47 or a CZ scorpion. The C&D didn't work, and Rare Breed is positioned pretty much perfectly to fight this one out in court.

Now the ATF has to choose to let this one go, or to chase it and potentially lose big.

The way I see it, any possible end scenario is a victory: ATF backs away from rare breed and FRT is still available. ATF goes to court with rare breed and loses, FRT tech proliferates. ATF goes to court with rare breed and wins, we all know for sure now that the game is rigged so why even play by their rules.
View Quote

They did mention they're working on an AR10 and AR9 variant.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is another great point. The ATF clearly wanted Rare Breed to stop selling these on their own, because the ATF doesn't want to lose again in court re: what is and isn't a machine gun. The ATF knows the following:

3) The proliferation of FRT tech could result in a defacto overturning of not just the Hughes amendment, but the restrictions on MGs in general
4) The ATF must stop this, but if it goes to court and they lose, like they just did in the 6th circuit, it's all over for them.

So the ATF issues a scary sounding cease and desist, which has the primary goal of stopping Rare Breed, but the secondary goal of scaring anyone else out there working on a similar design, say for an AK-47 or a CZ scorpion. The C&D didn't work, and Rare Breed is positioned pretty much perfectly to fight this one out in court.

Now the ATF has to choose to let this one go, or to chase it and potentially lose big.

The way I see it, any possible end scenario is a victory: ATF backs away from rare breed and FRT is still available. ATF goes to court with rare breed and loses, FRT tech proliferates. ATF goes to court with rare breed and wins, we all know for sure now that the game is rigged so why even play by their rules.
View Quote

Rare Breed appears pretty smart and I would assume they have designs for other rifles in the works.  They have a patent, selling a butt load of them and probably others on the board.  Can AFT back down?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How many on this very site called them stupid range toys/NFA workarounds, and dogpiled anyone bitching about it?
View Quote

I purchased two for no other purpose than exercising my first amendment rights.

Political speech.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Political speech.
View Quote

Tough to admit here, but I'd like to order a couple and the payment method is foreign to me. No, I'm not a Boomer.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tough to admit here, but I'd like to order a couple and the payment method is foreign to me. No, I'm not a Boomer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Political speech.

Looks like the payment page has a Coinbase option.  Coinbase's signup process is easy, but you'll have to provide Coinbase with your banking information as well as your government issued ID.  They are a US based regulated crypto exchange, so the process is similar to that of opening an e-trade account.  Once you have your account, you buy crypto Rare Breed is accepting at the current exchange rate and pay for your triggers.  You'll have to decide if you want to go through all that.  I can answer questions if you're having difficulty.  We also have this active AR-15 thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Bitcoin-reaches-new-ATH-of-64-8k-April-14/5-2392953/ with lots of helpful crypto people in it that could get you started.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Looks like the payment page has a Coinbase option.  Coinbase's signup process is easy, but you'll have to provide Coinbase with your banking information as well as your government issued ID.  They are a US based regulated crypto exchange, so the process is similar to that of opening an e-trade account.  Once you have your account, you buy crypto Rare Breed is accepting at the current exchange rate and pay for your triggers.  You'll have to decide if you want to go through all that.  I can answer questions if you're having difficulty.  We also have this active AR-15 thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Bitcoin-reaches-new-ATH-of-64-8k-April-14/5-2392953/ with lots of helpful crypto people in it that could get you started.
View Quote

Thank you and the other member that PM'd me. This site proves it's worth every day.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Political speech.

Good info

I suggest getting a two factor Authentication app like “Duo” once you establish a Coinbase account. It is an added layer of security for all your online accounts.  

Oh and the app is free.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We’ve got to start ignoring the ATF and fight them at the state level just like the pot push in the 90s and early 2000s did with the DEA. Make them unimportant. Stop letting the ATF a law enforcement agency decide what the laws are and creating the definition on a case by case basis.
View Quote

Except liberals run the world now.

Liberals like weed.  A lot of Conservatives like weed too.

But Liberals hate guns.  And Liberals don't give a fuck if Conservatives like guns.

That's the difference.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But Liberals hate guns.  And Liberals don't give a fuck if Conservatives like guns.

That's the difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the difference.

So, work to change the culture with respect to guns.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Wasn't there supposed to be a court hearing yesterday?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Rescheduled
View Quote

Because they have to work up a case that they don't have? When was it rescheduled to?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Because they have to work up a case that they don't have? When was it rescheduled to?
View Quote

Next Friday the 27th if memory serves me correctly.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Was there an official reason as to "why" it was rescheduled?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Political speech.
View Quote

RBT should set up a special back channel order code system where free speech supporters can order an empty box that carries the same records trail as the real item. I have no use for a FRT trigger but if enough people paid $400 to create chaff and disturb the signal to noise ratio that might be a useful tactic.

But the regulators can just make it illegal with no concern for actual prosecutions or reduction in black market items circulating. They win by claiming “win” without any effect other than bureaucratic momentum and entrenchment.  The first rule of any bureaucracy is to maintain the bureaucracy. Even the NRA fell into that mediocrity well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

RBT should set up a special back channel order code system where free speech supporters can order an empty box that carries the same records trail as the real item. I have no use for a FRT trigger but if enough people paid $400 to create chaff and disturb the signal to noise ratio that might be a useful tactic.

But the regulators can just make it illegal with no concern for actual prosecutions or reduction in black market items circulating. They win by claiming “win” without any effect other than bureaucratic momentum and entrenchment.  The first rule of any bureaucracy is to maintain the bureaucracy. Even the NRA fell into that mediocrity well.
View Quote

Pardon the ignorance but what is this free speech stuff about?  Personally, I thought it would be good to have a "product" we could buy that would serve as a donation.  But I do like the idea of the shell game to just to fuck with the system.  

I've been thinking about it though and I just don't see the logic or point in going door to door if there are ruled illegal (unconstitutionally)... I mean, is a raid really going to be able to locate a chunk of metal the size of a silver dollar??  And if it's not found, wouldn't that be grounds for a lawsuit??  I'm thinking this will be more along the lines of the bump stocks where they outlaw them and just don't do anything to enforce unless you're caught/reported.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Pardon the ignorance but what is this free speech stuff about?  Personally, I thought it would be good to have a "product" we could buy that would serve as a donation.  But I do like the idea of the shell game to just to fuck with the system.  

I've been thinking about it though and I just don't see the logic or point in going door to door if there are ruled illegal (unconstitutionally)... I mean, is a raid really going to be able to locate a chunk of metal the size of a silver dollar??  And if it's not found, wouldn't that be grounds for a lawsuit??  I'm thinking this will be more along the lines of the bump stocks where they outlaw them and just don't do anything to enforce unless you're caught/reported.  

View Quote

They will probably send a letter to everyone that purchased an RBT with a CC....assuming they are considered MG's.   Who knows....  I guess everyone will find out soon enough.   Until then, I hope more and more get sold to make them in common use, and fund the legal defense bucket.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was already posted that one person was arrested for possessing a bump stock and he was found Not Guilty.
I don't know the reason why or how much $$$$ his defense cost.
Hopefully someone will post a response.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#22]
The issue is they changed the definition of a machine gun now, and can change it to whatever the hell they want. So the whole "one pull of the trigger" defense goes out the window, everything really goes out the window
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#23]
How it should be:
It is against the law to exceed 20mph in a marked school zone.

ATF:
It is against the law to go fast near a school.  

itisallsotiresome.jpg
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How it should be:
It is against the law to exceed 20mph in a marked school zone.

ATF:
It is against the law to go fast near a school.  

itisallsotiresome.jpg
View Quote

More like "it is illegal to have a car with an automatic transmission, automatic meaning a transmission which automatically shifts gears for the driver"

Industry innovation: "I have invented a manual transmission that allows the driver to shift gears with paddles on the steering wheel instead of a clutch and stick, enabling much faster manual shifting"

And then the EPA or whoever deciding that it's an illegal automatic transmission when it really isn't, just because it lets someone approach the shift speeds of an automatic transmission.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The whole thing is so strange, and I'm curious to see how the ATF responds.  

Rare Breed is literally saying and doing what we have all wanted to say and do. "Will not comply, come take".

But they set it up in way where they are also saying "BTW, I know and you know that the trigger is ALREADY in compliance, and you can't come take anyway because this is set up out of an attorneys office.  Sorry, not sorry."

Followed by "We look forward to seeing you in court....assuming you actually want this to go to court.  K-byenow, hugs and smooches"

This thread might end up more epic than a US contractor trying to catch a flight out of Kabul with the Taliban closing in.

History and cynicism incline me twoard that 3rd option.

However, the writing of the laws gives that second option legs.

The first option would be an odd victory but still very acceptable.

Atf is in a corner and will have to either fight, surrender, or bash through a wall.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Next Friday the 27th if memory serves me correctly.
View Quote

so what I hear you saying is that sometime between now and then, there's going to be a mass shooting somewhere, with one of those pesky assault pistols, with those brace things, and an FRT?

I wouldn't bet against it!
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I placed my first order on July 27th with a 34,000 order number.

Placed another order on Aug 17th with a 50,000 order number.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Atf is in a corner and will have to either fight, surrender, or bash through a wall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rare Breed is literally saying and doing what we have all wanted to say and do. "Will not comply, come take".

But they set it up in way where they are also saying "BTW, I know and you know that the trigger is ALREADY in compliance, and you can't come take anyway because this is set up out of an attorneys office.  Sorry, not sorry."

Followed by "We look forward to seeing you in court....assuming you actually want this to go to court.  K-byenow, hugs and smooches"

This thread might end up more epic than a US contractor trying to catch a flight out of Kabul with the Taliban closing in.

Or keep doing what they've been doing - 'I'm the mom aft and I said so that's why'.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Or keep doing what they've been doing - 'I'm the mom aft and I said so that's why'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can keep doing that, and keep making the general public dislike them as more and more people get into guns and realize how stupid and convoluted the gun laws and regs are, and ultimately fall out of favor and get slapped down harder.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

With that many units sold at $380 a go, they should have a war chest stacked hopefully
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

With that many units sold at $380 a go, they should have a war chest stacked hopefully
View Quote

Rough estimate after overhead should be pretty close to $10mil to fight with.  But what do we know about the judge for next Friday?  And is the FATF known to back down when slapped or one way or another, does this get thrown to the Supreme Court?  

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Rough estimate after overhead should be pretty close to $10mil to fight with.  But what do we know about the judge for next Friday?  And is the FATF known to back down when slapped or one way or another, does this get thrown to the Supreme Court?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They got bitch slapped on the bump stock case, so who knows what happens now.  This kind of thing is even more important now that Merrick Garland is the AG, and the AFT is doing things like redefining firearms and receivers in the regulations.

FYI, last day to comment on that rule change.  I did mine yesterday.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/BATFE-Comments-CLOSING-on-New-Proposals-Receivers-Self-Made-ect--SPEAK-NOW-or-NEVER-/5-2479430/
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, this is their war chest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Glocks/comments/oyao10/atfwil_kil_me_me_be_like_its_a_keychain_hello_haha/
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They got bitch slapped on the bump stock case, so who knows what happens now.  This kind of thing is even more important now that Merrick Garland is the AG, and the AFT is doing things like redefining firearms and receivers in the regulations.

FYI, last day to comment on that rule change.  I did mine yesterday.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/BATFE-Comments-CLOSING-on-New-Proposals-Receivers-Self-Made-ect--SPEAK-NOW-or-NEVER-/5-2479430/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus all the ones that were sold in person, and all of the ones sold by 3rd party websites.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Watched it in full.

I love what he said in reference to Bump Stocks.

I love that they aren't rolling over.

The fact that they are being so aggressive is amazing.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Watched the video...give em hell boys!
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#42]
If Rare Breed manages to win the case, I will buy their products for having balls to fight back against AFT.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:13:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If Rare Breed manages to win the case, I will buy their products for having balls to fight back against AFT.
View Quote

why wait?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not coming through for me. Anybody have a synopsis?
View Quote

Dear ATF,
It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.  Come take.

RBT
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not coming through for me. Anybody have a synopsis?
View All Quotes

1.  The Rare Breed FRT-15 is not a machine gun. The law says so.  Firearm experts who previously worked for ATF and testified for ATF say so.
2.  The ATF (and CDC) are not Congress. They don't have the authority to make laws out of thin air.
3.  To keep informed, join their mailing list and follow them on social media.
4.  You can send a check to their lawyer for their legal defense fund, if so inclined.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Website is taking CC orders at this moment
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#49]
ATF will find a judge to order them to cease (regardless of legal).

ATF will draw case out 50yrs with said shopped judge.

Doesn’t matter if you think they may win.

The AFT own the board.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

ATF will find a judge to order them to cease (regardless of legal).

ATF will draw case out 50yrs with said shopped judge.

Doesn’t matter if you think they may win.

The AFT own the board.
View Quote

As demonstrated by the hundreds of people rotting in jail on bumpstock charges.

oh wait...
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top