Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/12/2023 10:38:44 AM EDT
Excerpt from the article:

Bud Light suffered a bloodbath this past weekend.

Consumers nationwide revolted against the nation’s top-selling beer brand after it stepped “recklessly” into the culture wars last week with its new spokesperson, transgender TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney, according to bar owners and beer-industry experts around the country.

“I think society flexes it muscles sometimes and reminds manufacturers that the consumer is still in charge,” Jeff Fitter, owner of Case & Bucks, a restaurant and sports bar in Barnhart, Missouri, told FOX Business.
View Quote

I can't believe she's still employed. Who insults their customer base on social media?
She sure is accelerating the downfall of the product. Go woke go broke.

A couple of things here. First of all, after seeing these photos I think that the Bud branch of things has a way bigger problem. Whoever is doing the hiring there better get wise, diversity hires rarely work out and they might want to do a little more in-depth checking of an applicant's past.

https://www.usasupreme.com/bud-lights-marketing-vp-who-slammed-fratty-culture-could-face-some-backlash-over-these-photos/

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Bud stock is only down 4%

Thats nothing. They dont care yet
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
No matter what you do, OP, be sure you don't attach any of these "photos", or hotlink.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]
OP makes a point of speaking of some photos in the thread title and post itself, but doesn't include any photos.

FAIL

And pics in question....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No matter what you do, OP, be sure you don't attach any of these "photos", or hotlink.
View Quote

BS click bait link site with a few pictures of college kids acting like college kids.

I am sure that website is going to bring her down, get the tranny fired and NASCAR/NFL fans can drink their Bud light again without catching the ghey.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably not.

Q2 earnings will be more telling.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't bother clicking the bait,  none of those photos are out of the ordinary,  just college kids sitting around.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

BS click bait link site with a few pictures of college kids acting like college kids.

I am sure that website is going to bring her down, get the tranny fired and NASCAR/NFL fans can drink their Bud light again without catching the ghey.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, pretty lame pictures and article. Nothing incriminating or even possibly cancelable.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does the Stock market account for the fact that Bud Light is suddenly not selling?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw many a full display of their products in grocery store and gas stations this week.

I’ve worked in beer distibution, I can only imagine the hell the sales reps and stockers of their products are getting just from other brands product stockers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing to see here people.  Move along.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Boy this thread sucks
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#13]
If Heinerscheid thinks that the particular image of Bud Light doesn't apply anymore, I get that. She has to figure out where to take the brand for growth, she was hired to make it grow she says. She just picked a real stupid way to do it. BUT - to have an excuse clip of her telling the world that the brand is dying circulating about the socials is just plain irresponsible for a person in her position. No wonder the stock fell of a cliff. And third (yeah I know I said 'a couple') is that the first rule of marketing is that it is far easier to retain loyal customers than it is to start from scratch and going heavy at the transgender "community" is foolishness of the first order. They are so far away from the Bud Light base that there is no way of integrating the two marketing-wise.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#14]
what...? Is smiling in a bar a cancelable offence now?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't care if a company wants to target a particular demographic to sell to - they can do what they want. What is asinine is asinine is if they then poke a finger in the eye of the community that has supported them along the way. Heck, you shouldn't piss off ANY of your demographic. That seems pretty basic...
View Quote

*laughs in Black Rifle Coffee Co.*
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Is it allowed to post photos here? I posted photos on other forums and they sent me a warning that it's not allowed due to copyright.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#17]
What is hotlink?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Bud light is the beer of Latino soccer matches and landscapers who drink all day….
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't care if a company wants to target a particular demographic to sell to - they can do what they want. What is asinine is asinine is if they then poke a finger in the eye of the community that has supported them along the way. Heck, you shouldn't piss off ANY of your demographic. That seems pretty basic...
View Quote
Important Businesspeople - probably: "Move along boomer - that's not how business works anymore"
In woke-world, the more you can insult your base and pander to the mentally ill, the more "street cred" you get from the mega-corps who control the purse-strings to everything.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
*laughs in Black Rifle Coffee Co.*
View Quote
Not sure which point you're making here... that they fucked up royally, or that they did poke their main demographic in the eye, and then spit on them and it still worked out.
It seems like BRCC is doing pretty damn well. I see their ads everywhere, and I see tons of people endorsing the product online, and still see it on store shelves.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Excerpt from the article:

Bud Light suffered a bloodbath this past weekend.

Consumers nationwide revolted against the nation’s top-selling beer brand after it stepped “recklessly” into the culture wars last week with its new spokesperson, transgender TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney, according to bar owners and beer-industry experts around the country.

“I think society flexes it muscles sometimes and reminds manufacturers that the consumer is still in charge,” Jeff Fitter, owner of Case & Bucks, a restaurant and sports bar in Barnhart, Missouri, told FOX Business.
View Quote

I can't believe she's still employed. Who insults their customer base on social media?
She sure is accelerating the downfall of the product. Go woke go broke.

A couple of things here. First of all, after seeing these photos I think that the Bud branch of things has a way bigger problem. Whoever is doing the hiring there better get wise, diversity hires rarely work out and they might want to do a little more in-depth checking of an applicant's past.

https://www.usasupreme.com/bud-lights-marketing-vp-who-slammed-fratty-culture-could-face-some-backlash-over-these-photos/

View Quote

LOL, I was wondering when this phenomenon of decades old Facebook photos turning up to wreck people was going to start.

Awhile ago I postulated that once the millennial generation started moving into positions of power, where Boomers and Gen X are now, all of their college age exploits that were well documented on social media would catch up with them.  Nothing "wrong" in those photos but here they are still coming back to haunt her.

The real shit show is going to be when the Facebook generation starts running for president in the next 10 to 20 years.  Everything they ever posted or was posted about them is going to be under the microscope.  Joe Biden and Donald Trump don't really have the problem of having to answer for some tweet they made in their 20s because it didn't exist.

I've been basically a ghost on Facebook for more than a decade now but there's probably still some stuff out there beyond that that I would wish I could take back if I was running for office.  If you teach your kids anything about the internet, teach them that anything they post or is posted about them is forever.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Bud light drinkers will drink it again after their tantrum. Just like their NFL boycott. The Right is weak willed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Holy shit this thread fucking sucks..
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yea, pretty lame pictures and article. Nothing incriminating or even possibly cancelable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding,  picture of college kids drinking 20 years ago -  the horror!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is my position as well.  Her marketing campaign completely changed the core demographic of the product while insulting the prior loyal customer base.  Then they get mad that the prior customer base no longer identifies with the product.  Don't insult your existing customer base would seem to be something they would cover in marketing 101.  

Then to do that right as the weather is warming up and people are starting to enjoy being outdoors and socializing more...that was really stupid.  A local lake/boating forum I'm on is mocking Bud Light left and right, guess which beer the boaters aren't going to be drinking all summer long.  The beer space has so much competition and people can easily switch to a competitor.  Insulting your customer base when there is strong competition is really stupid.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What is hotlink?
View Quote

A type of aleppo...
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Jesus OP, how many pearls are you clutching at those tame photos?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Great thread, would read again.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#30]
I just can’t wrap my mind around how any company that wants to sell things to everyone gets political. Don’t be divisive and sell beer to everyone. Profit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Dumb college kid with a worthless degree decides to refocus their brand by targeting their brand towards .0001% of the population and then alienate approx 25% of their current customers.

Yea let me know how that works out for you.

But she is a lefist, they fail upwards. She'll probably get fired and then take a job with the Biden administration at 10x the salary.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

their market cap is down 4 billion, they most deff care about that
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bud light is a tiny fraction of AB Inbevs portfolio.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

The point was that she insulted piss beer drinkers by saying they were "fratty." The pics show she has the same mentality. I am curious if she was drinking piss lite beer too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I see the nuanced hypocrisy of her bashing “fratty” culture presently, but lived “fratty” culture in her past.
Sure the photos aren’t racy. However, they do show her duplicity.

How interesting the photographer kept those photos and leaked them was probably a friend at one point in time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dumb college kid with a worthless degree decides to refocus their brand by targeting their brand towards .0001% of the population and then alienate approx 25% of their current customers.

Yea let me know how that works out for you.

But she is a lefist, they fail upwards. She'll probably get fired and then take a job with the Biden administration at 10x the salary.
View Quote
The pictures are pretty tame. I think the point is that shes either a hypocrite for criticizing the "fratty" culture she participated in, or just a disingenuous opportunist who wildly misread the political winds. I think probably the latter.

Either way, too incompetent to serve in her current role.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#40]
OP are you the president of an HOA?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#41]
23er thread
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Yawn. Their stock was up over 40% in the last 6 months and even monthly is still positive despite a few rednecks howling about it.

Imma go on a limb and say they'll weather the storm just fine
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What is hotlink?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What is hotlink?
View Quote

Out of curiosity I would like to know age of post to see if "boomer" insults are at work here.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Why would anyone care about those photos?  

What I care about is her stuffing this woke horseshit in my face.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#46]
I really don’t see this damaging the brand long term. Gauging the impact of an event by a few days on a stock chart means little to nothing.

I would love to be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Since no pics, can someone describe the pics?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Posts a thread about photos. Has no photos.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Pics are of a skanky geed chick doing geed shit with a few other geeds.

Frat guys didn't have interest in banging her. If she did get any frat dick it was bottom tier and a quick P&D.

She is still mad, so she decided to troon out their beer.

Many such cases.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Pics are of a skanky geed chick doing geed shit with a few other geeds.

Frat guys didn't have interest in banging her. If she did get any frat dick it was bottom tier and a quick P&D.

She is still mad, so she decided to troon out their beer.

Many such cases.
View Quote

Thanks.

And OPs linked site comes up blocked as hate/extremist on firewall.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top