BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wasn't planning on it, but honestly, this makes no sense.
Are you manning road blocks 24 hours a day for weeks on end?
For folks that are meeting family in the county (pre-determined plan), or have land there, are you blocking them out by setting up a road-block on a public road?  Better be careful with who you try that with as it seems like a really good way to get yourself unnecessarily deaded really early in this conflict.  

Are you ready to shoot on sight to to defend that road block?

Rule #1 in SHTF, avoid confrontation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck in your suburbs, don't bother trying to come out in the country. We'll have the local roads blocked off so anyone raiding for food will have to come on foot thru open fields.

For folks that are meeting family in the county (pre-determined plan), or have land there, are you blocking them out by setting up a road-block on a public road?  Better be careful with who you try that with as it seems like a really good way to get yourself unnecessarily deaded really early in this conflict.  

You think it would be some podunk farmers blocking the road?  Hell no.  It would be the local LE doing it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Did you watch the video?

The entire purpose of the video is "Tactical Timmy" as you say dispelling the idea that you can "bug out to nowhere" and go live on the land.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tactical Timmy out in the deserts of Nevada/Utah-where this video appears to be filmed (during decent weather -the early fall-) is screwed when it gets cold wearing what he has on. Who is he talking to with his tier 1comms anyway?

Rated BS.

Did you watch the video?

The entire purpose of the video is "Tactical Timmy" as you say dispelling the idea that you can "bug out to nowhere" and go live on the land.

I was thinking he and the video guy seem to be in violent agreement
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Most ARFCOMMers are going to die in a true SHTF.

If you can't run a mile, do 50 pushups and 50 sit ups, you are going to die.

View Quote

Maybe…maybe not.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
As others have pointed out, a separate bug-out location (land that you might own) is pretty useless if you are not already there.  I have several 4-5 acre plots in my "favorite" files on Zillow, but even if I owned it now, it would not do many any good.   Can I get there?  What happens if someone is already there? Is it better or safer than where I am at now?

But this is all fantasy anyway.  There are very few things that would force me to leave my home and head to the hills.  We don't have a lot of natural disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, forest fires or volcano eruptions in my areas.   So it would have to be biological, chemical, or radiation based to make be flee. But if that is the case, my destination would not be the country side, it would be at a hotel or family members place in another part of the country.   If the entire country is in the same situation, them I'm staying at home.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

so all SHTFs are athletic events?  how did we arrive at this conclusion?
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree with what I think you are driving at.

Every thread we have some discussion on physical fitness being primary. But the reality is…well that isn’t reality. The truth is if you are better equipped you are at an advantage. If you aren’t starved you are at an advantage. If you can see in the dark you are at a massive advantage.

Sure I can run five miles non-stop. I could do better in the corps. Yet most of my time was spent sitting really still and waiting.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Watched the entire vid. He mentioned water filtration once. Cool guns tho.
View Quote

I think this is the area most preppers fail.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
The roadblocks will be manned. Good luck to you avoiding confrontation when SHTF.

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There won't be any wild game left within 2 weeks.  Get used to eating mice and songbirds, and feral cats and pitbulls.

Only the rich with enough money to buy real underground bunkers and true off grid utilities will make it.  And possibly people in their 20s.

Remember the average lifespan for pre-industrial people was 30-35 years.  That's because tired old 40+ year old people will not be able to keep up with the physical demands of a subsistence lifestyle.

If you are 40+, just plan to die in your home instead of dying on the road.
View Quote

Is it ok if I plan on taking a few anti socials down
before I go?

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

QFT.  Especially those who are pre diabetic/diabetic, use CPAP, use O2, are on numerous meds, get winded walking up a flight of stairs.  It doesn’t matter how expensive your AR is.  You will be easily killed and some young fit guy will enjoy using your tier 1 safe queen.   He will likely leave your body armor and chest rig because it’s big enough for three adults to fit in.

A SHTF scenario will favor the young and fit.  

I’m 55, fit and not dependent on any meds, but I don’t have the resilience and stamina that I did 20 years ago.  I can still run a 10k, and am an avid backpacker, but I’m not deluding myself into thinking I could keep up with well trained military forces either.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Every thread we have some discussion on physical fitness being primary. But the reality is…well that isn’t reality. The truth is if you are better equipped you are at an advantage. If you aren’t starved you are at an advantage. If you can see in the dark you are at a massive advantage.

Sure I can run five miles non-stop. I could do better in the corps. Yet most of my time was spent sitting really still and waiting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you’re out of shape and dependent on prescription meds your’e going to die.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you’re out of shape and dependent on prescription meds your going to die.
View Quote

I am not, and I don’t yet I can still be killed by a 70 year old diabetic that can see in the dark. That’s just reality.

Of course it helps I can see in the dark as well. Can you? *

* that isn’t a jab at you…just a thought exercise  for everyone.

ETA: though because I don’t plan on being a refugee I doubt my life will end at the end of a barrel with a thermal mounted on it, wielded by a 70 year old.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The roadblocks will be manned. Good luck to you avoiding confrontation when SHTF.

View Quote

Manned by whom? For how long?
Just because I'm in the burbs does not mean I've ONLY been in the burbs or the city.   That is a common falacy on arfcom.   I've had a couple of break-ins in my lifetime, and it wasn't done by urban yutes.

I know (and someone else has already pointed out) that you don't have time to man the roads for weeks on end because you have to worry about the enemies within.  It isn't the family on the road trying to get to a destination that you have to worry about.  It is that druggie cousin and his girlfriend.  It is the shit-bird brother in law, or that one family full of delinquent kids.  Maybe a neighbor that you have had a property line or creek flow dispute with.   While you are out manning the roadblock, they are going to be the ones stealing your shit from underneath you.  They know how many are at your house, and they can see if you are home or not.  They are pissed that you won't share with them, and oddly enough, your barn catches fire in the middle of the night.
But yeah...go leave your home to man the roadblock in the middle of nowhere.   If shit is THAT bad, you might catch a .22 in the BACK of the head....and your shit is now their shit.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just because I'm in the burbs does not mean I've ONLY been in the burbs or the city.   That is a common falacy on arfcom.   I've had a couple of break-ins in my lifetime, and it wasn't done by urban yutes.

I know (and someone else has already pointed out) that you don't have time to man the roads for weeks on end because you have to worry about the enemies within.  It isn't the family on the road trying to get to a destination that you have to worry about.  It is that druggie cousin and his girlfriend.  It is the shit-bird brother in law, or that one family full of delinquent kids.  Maybe a neighbor that you have had a property line or creek flow dispute with.   While you are out manning the roadblock, they are going to be the ones stealing your shit from underneath you.  They know how many are at your house, and they can see if you are home or not.  They are pissed that you won't share with them, and oddly enough, your barn catches fire in the middle of the night.
But yeah...go leave your home to man the roadblock in the middle of nowhere.   If shit is THAT bad, you might catch a .22 in the BACK of the head....and your shit is now their shit.  

View Quote

Serious question…are you genuinely arguing that living rural is just as risky as the suburbs?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That depends on where you are.  Here, they'd be manned by the city police and county sheriff's department.  Probably until the first wave of refugees from Billings dies out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Serious question…are you genuinely arguing that living rural is just as risky as the suburbs?
View Quote

Where did I say that at?
I didn't say that at all.

What I'm saying is that in a true SHTF scenario, manning a roadblock 24/7 is probably not a wise idea.  It takes you away from your own property, and it forces confrontation.  Are you sitting at this roadblock by yourself?  Are you sitting off on the side of the road in the elements for hours at a time?   Are you sure you want to walk up on a car you are not familiar with?  Are you willing to shoot first and ask questions later?

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not sure what your area is like, but we don't have a meth/crackhead/delinquent problem in this area. What we do have is hundreds of folks that are related or have known each other for many years, and have a common goal to survive. We can depend on each other. The people you describe are few but known, and will not last long if they try to prey on others. Sounds like you may have some concerns where you are though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Bugging out is hugely dependent on your situation. Think about what would require you to leave your home. Where would you go, and how would you get there.

For me, 90% of the things that could happen. I’m staying home. Even if my house is partially destroyed. The other 10% involves radiation or things…..
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That depends on where you are.  Here, they'd be manned by the city police and county sheriff's department.  Probably until the first wave of refugees from Billings dies out.
View Quote

I think that is where we all have a different definition of SHTF.  If the police are still working and setting up roadblocks, then it hopefully means the government (in some capacity) is still functioning.  If there are police still available, I don't think things are bad enough for me to bug-out yet.    

Really just a case-by-case situation.    

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:48:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Eventually 70 yr old diabetic guy is going to get stacked by someone who use to make $10 and hour.

View Quote

Or vice versa. The defender always  has the advantage if they are trying at all.

The best bet is to be the defender and be prepared with mutual support and supplies.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:51:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Double
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:58:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Jump fence in my eldest childs back yard, it's 250k acres of wilderness, to Canada other than forest rds an couple highways to cross, you can be in wilderness till you hit the Alaskan border. Now surviving an not starving to death, that's another hurdle.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think that is where we all have a different definition of SHTF.  If the police are still working and setting up roadblocks, then it hopefully means the government (in some capacity) is still functioning.  If there are police still available, I don't think things are bad enough for me to bug-out yet.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one defined what sort of situation it was, but in a small town in a sparsely populated county in a sparsely populated state, I doubt that the local authorities would step down from their positions.  If anything, the temptation might be for them to set up their own little fiefdom.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:06:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Can anyone point out that the 70 yr old diabetic ends up being the victor in any SHTF?

Nope. They get rolled up and stacked. Thanks, for playing!

View Quote

Emperor Of Man Creates Thunder Warriors To Unite Terra
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Can anyone point out that the 70 yr old diabetic ends up being the victor in any SHTF?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eventually 70 yr old diabetic guy is going to get stacked by someone who use to make $10 and hour.

Or vice versa. The defender always  has the advantage if they are trying at all.

The best bet is to be the defender and be prepared with mutual support and supplies.

Id say they have pretty decent odds

You're imaging a TEOTWAWKI situation.  Let's be honest, that's by far the least likely SHTF scenario.  

economic downturn- he's fine.  Got money in the bank, food on the shelf.  Young stud has neither, he's working night shift hustling.  Dead in the streets getting mugged on his way home from a pizza delivery job.

Food insecurity- old dude might be OK.  Young dude probably has people he is responsible for.  There is no greater liability in a food insecurity issue than dependents.  It multiplies your risk level.  young dudes dead in the street getting formula from CVS.

Severe Storm/power outage-  old dude is at risk.  But if diabetes meds go the bigger risk is long term organ damage, not rapid death (that's generally low blood sugar).  He's 70, his kidneys have done good.  Hes a home owner and has no where to be.  Young dude again may have dependents, big risk. Young dude has confidence of a  <35 y/o male idiot and might go figure out what's going on.  Young dudes dead in the street checking on power down the street.

Chinese/Nazis/Terminator Robots drop EMPs and shut down cars and power, they're going to destroy the city so you have to walk out,
doing an 8 minute mile faster.  No help is waiting for you.  Young dude runs all the way to his own loot dropping by someone waiting over a Savage .270 at a roadside checkpoint, old dude catches a nuke.

MOST likely combat based SHTF scenario-  China invades Taiwan. During the invasion US carrier strike group is hit with missile attack.  US declares war.  Within 6 months we are in a state of Total War, a draft is started.  The S has HTF.  Young dude gets drafted.  2 years latter- Old dude is saddened to hear alarming statistic about death of many young dudes.  Old dude's chubby flat footed Nurse Tech agrees how sad it is.

Young dude: 0
Old dude: 4

we buy guns for the fight we imagine we'll have and prep for the disasters we imagine we'll face.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:20:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is actually doable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pull up anchor, turn on water maker, turn AIS off, hoist sails and sit off of one of Bahamas deserted islands.  

I could literally do this in less than 30 minutes.

I'll ride out the winter in warmth.

Things I wish I had before I bug out:
FLIR camera
Electric dinghy motor
My SSB radio working
Another 50# rice
20-30 cans of food
More bug spray and sunscreen

This is actually doable.

Minus the likelihood that within a month or two, Pirates of the Caribbean will no longer just be a Disney franchise. Somali-style armed raiders will likely be the terminal point to such bugout plans...and there's no real good way to uparmor/harden a normal sailboat or commercial vessel with 1-2 occupants against dedicated assault by speedboats.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:27:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Get me home bag

No bug out here

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:31:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I am not, and I don’t yet I can still be killed by a 70 year old diabetic that can see in the dark. That’s just reality.

ETA: though because I don’t plan on being a refugee I doubt my life will end at the end of a barrel with a thermal mounted on it, wielded by a 70 year old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not everything is going to be a shootout, and it most likely won’t be.  When that 70 year olds high blood pressure meds and pain killers run out, and his insulin can’t be kept cold and his CPAP doesn’t have power.  He is going to die.  That is the most likely reality.  

And yes, I do have NODs.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:37:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree. I see a lot of propaganda saying AR15s are larping if you don't have military or SWAT team training. But a lot of that training is made for them to work as a team in an offensive capacity, and hope to reduce the advantage a defender already has by default. Baddest dudes in the world are still not guaranteed to all survive attacking the home of a fat 70 year old defender
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not everything is going to be a shootout, and it most likely won't be.  When that 70 year olds high blood pressure meds and pain killers run out, and his insulin can't be kept cold and his CPAP doesn't have power.  He is going to die.  That is the most likely reality.  

And yes, I do have NODs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're out of shape and dependent on prescription meds your going to die.

I am not, and I don't yet I can still be killed by a 70 year old diabetic that can see in the dark. That's just reality.

* that isn't a jab at you just a thought exercise  for everyone.

ETA: though because I don't plan on being a refugee I doubt my life will end at the end of a barrel with a thermal mounted on it, wielded by a 70 year old.

Not everything is going to be a shootout, and it most likely won't be.  When that 70 year olds high blood pressure meds and pain killers run out, and his insulin can't be kept cold and his CPAP doesn't have power.  He is going to die.  That is the most likely reality.  

And yes, I do have NODs.

none of that will kill him right away (probably- assuming fairly normal type two DM)

He stands a modest (but meaningful) chance of becoming more lucid and dangerous when his meds are stopped.

im not 70, hell, Im a millennial with night vision, scary looking guns, and training.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:52:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Everyone thinks they're going to bug out to their favorite camping or hunting destination out in the sticks. Meanwhile, that same place can barely support the few thousand people that live there when times are good, plus a few dozen hunters or campers at any time. When the population grows ten times overnight and there's no law preventing the wildlife from being totally wiped out, everyone's going to have a bad time, and unless you brought a lot of friends with you your unpopularity with the locals is going to be a problem.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:59:31 AM EDT
[#36]
A real example of bugging out to nowhere happened this past week. Another gem courtesy of the LDS church

Just summarizing based on the news story about a 16 year old named Blaze Thibaudeau
>Mom, Mom's brother, and 23 year old daughter become crazy reading LDS end of the world literature
>They become convinced that the 16 year old son is a "Davidic servant" and they need to go into the wilderness as "Zoram and Lephi" to receive a covenant
>16 year old is non-retarded and doesnt believe. Is tricked into going by them telling its his early birthday
>23 year old buys thousand dollars worth of camouflage and survival gear.
>Her husband (who refused to bug out with them) later goes on the news and says they are too afraid of the cold and have never had experience before
>They fly to Boise and meet the uncle, and bug out
>They never actually use the gear. They get caught driving around in their car later that week
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:00:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
One of the considerations when we were shopping for a house was never having to "bug out."  

We don't get hurricanes, floods or earthquakes.  Far enough away from large urban areas so as to no have to worry about roving gangs of zombies.  Not close to any major rail lines.  

We never have problems with wildfires.  For those who don't know, the Great Lakes create their own weather systems, so it would never get that dry.

Sure an airplane could fall out of the sky or a rogue tornado could pop up, but the most likely outcome would be mild, not "finger of God" damage.

If there was ever a situation where we'd have to leave, it would be due to a scale of human calamity never seen in history.  And in that case, all bets are off, anyways.  Not worth planning, or even expending thought.

I plan to die in this house.  Whether by natural, or unnatural, causes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:05:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Bugging out would suck. It’s not even November yet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196752/IMG_4471_jpeg-3008341.JPG
View Quote

Currently 29°F here and if a person is not prepped for the cold conditions here, they will be fucked.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I live on Long Island. It takes forever to get past NYC on a good day. During a disaster? Forget it.

I'm not going anywhere unless it's by boat.

View Quote
Yeah, this for sure.   The whole of Long Island will be trapped there by the NYC bottleneck.   Only way out will be by boat or plane.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Minus the likelihood that within a month or two, Pirates of the Caribbean will no longer just be a Disney franchise. Somali-style armed raiders will likely be the terminal point to such bugout plans...and there's no real good way to uparmor/harden a normal sailboat or commercial vessel with 1-2 occupants against dedicated assault by speedboats.
View Quote

I'll wager my Waterworld against your Mad Max or The Road.

Every house has a road associated with it.  All of your family and friends know where you are and what you have.  Every contractor that has ever done work on your house knows too.
I do not want to be in a fixed location during a SHTF scenario because it may be regional.  Im just a spec on the horizon - albiet I can sit out nowhere for 90 days and do literally nothing.  I will run out of beer in 2-3 weeks so that is a problem

US Civil war? No thanks.  Good luck in your bunker.  
WW3?  Good luck finding me to reactivate for service and fuck those nukes.
Natural disaster?  Noah said something about this once.
Sudden uptick in Pokice State activities?  My names Paul, this is between ya'll.
Grid down scenario?  Solar and water maker + 13kw generator means I won't feel it.

To your point speed boat pirates might be a problem the same way roving urban gangs will be.  But eventually the diesel supply will run out.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2023 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Breach, burn, or bypass.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#42]
How did the mountain men do it if it’s not possible?
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#43]
The same people you dont want to live around now are the people you definitely dont want to be in close proximity to if shtf.  If you dont live near these people you’ll probably do ok.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#44]
I see the survival forum porn never diminishes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not everything is going to be a shootout, and it most likely won’t be.  When that 70 year olds high blood pressure meds and pain killers run out, and his insulin can’t be kept cold and his CPAP doesn’t have power.  He is going to die.  That is the most likely reality.  

And yes, I do have NODs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yes, I do have NODs.

I mostly agree with you. I think very little will end in a shootout to be honest.

I also believe it most likely we not have a total Mad Max collapse but serious disruptions are very likely in my mind. A number of people will die. However, I suspect a number of people will find out they don't need all of their prescribed meds to begin with and then more will lose a bunch of weight and find that they also don't need meds. But initially there will be some trials and tribulation while folks adjust toa new reality and we get through the initial phases. I cant help but wonder what america will look like when we aren't completely saturated and over prescribed in medication and mood altering drugs.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Wife and I are old ,    too old to have very good odds of survival .   Twenty - five years ago we prepped and could do it,  now we are not too worried about things and are ready to move on , but on our terms ,   not by someone shooting us in the head .   That's our biggest issue since suicide is not acceptable .
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

A completely different population density and even they came in for supplies.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

How would it have gone with 1 million mountain men like locusts covering the landscape. Only a few know how to utilize an entire deer. Every wild animal gone within a week.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Agree. I see a lot of propaganda saying AR15s are larping if you don't have military or SWAT team training. But a lot of that training is made for them to work as a team in an offensive capacity, and hope to reduce the advantage a defender already has by default. Baddest dudes in the world are still not guaranteed to all survive attacking the home of a fat 70 year old defender
View Quote

Coming from an LE setting, I agree. The training we get is good for the job we need to do, but outside of that, pretty limited. I have had to go out and find training on my own for anything beyond cqb and basic tracking.

Who knows how much is actually true, but I've read a couple accounts of regular guys over in Israel fending off multiple attackers with automatic rifles. That kind of stuff is what I would be interested in studying if you are trying to improve your odds for the apocalypse.

But back on topic... I'm not bugging out. I'd die pretty much immediately if I tried to survive out of a backpack  .
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Coming from an LE setting, I agree. The training we get is good for the job we need to do, but outside of that, pretty limited. I have had to go out and find training on my own for anything beyond cqb and basic tracking.

Who knows how much is actually true, but I've read a couple accounts of regular guys over in Israel fending off multiple attackers with automatic rifles. That kind of stuff is what I would be interested in studying if you are trying to improve your odds for the apocalypse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably most of it is true. Running and gunning is hard both mentally and physically. You have to expose yourself repeatedly to do it. There is a reason Israel is hitting Hamas as hard as they can before wandering the streets.

Don't get me wrong, I think that being at least moderately fit is important. I just see people often write off the advantage that gear can provide. Hell, from what I am seeing modern warfare is nothing but equipment if we go by Ukraine.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top