BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Burning Monkeypox Man this year.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate fucking burning man season! I live alone I-80 and watch all the dumb fucks who came all the way out here with no money for gas panhandling for a month afterwards trying to get back to where ever the fuck they come from. Local businesses hate them because the dirt balls try to return dirty used items or try to scam them, they leave trash all along the hwy and in town these people are the worst scumbags I have ever encountered.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate fucking burning man season! I live alone I-80 and watch all the dumb fucks who came all the way out here with no money for gas panhandling for a month afterwards trying to get back to where ever the fuck they come from. Local businesses hate them because the dirt balls try to return dirty used items or try to scam them, they leave trash all along the hwy and in town these people are the worst scumbags I have ever encountered.
View Quote
pics of dumbfucks?
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Satanic pagan ritual
View Quote

Correct.  I know someone who is really into this and goes to it frequently.  I've heard the first hand accounts, I've seen the videos.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
As a kid of the 70s who was stoned pretty much until I enlisted in the mid-80s, I gotta say--if I had seen a face in the sky like that drone show, I could have been convinced to start a whole new religion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Correct.  I know someone who is really into this and goes to it frequently.  I've heard the first hand accounts, I've seen the videos.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Satanic pagan ritual

Pagan?  Sure, they are there.  Satanic?  I wanna see pics.  Burning Man isn't a "satanic ritual"  It just isn't.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I’d go in a heartbeat.

I’d also like to go to Belgium to see Tomorrowland.  

They both look like a blast.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The thought of all those people having fun fills me with white hot rage.

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Weirdo culture with light shows is still weirdo culture, attended by perverts and druggies.  This is definitely one of the more mundane videos I've seen posted of the event.  I have zero desire to get anywhere close to it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Satanic pagan ritual

How about you share the details
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I have wanted to go for years but from what I understand it has gotten way too fashionable and extremely commercial. Nothing at all like how it started or what it was supposed to be.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pagan?  Sure, they are there.  Satanic?  I wanna see pics.  Burning Man isn't a "satanic ritual"  It just isn't.
View Quote

Sure it is, unfortunately a lot of the participants don't know it.  I can't show you the pics because they aren't mine to share, I saw them on my lezbo friend's iPad.  She showed me after she got back.

Satan was in rebellion to God.  The whole point of Satan is that he didn't want anybody having authority over him and telling him what to do.  This festival is nothing if not a festival of rebellion.  Rebellion against God and pretty much any rules of normal society.

The bible says that the spirit of rebellion is like the sin of witchcraft.  1 Samuel 15:23   Many people are the hands and feet of Satan and they don't even realize it.  The evidence is everywhere these days, especially in the United States.

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Look up the critical tits ride in burning man. I actually got burned out on titties for a month after seeing it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sure it is, unfortunately a lot of the participants don't know it.  I can't show you the pics because they aren't mine to share, I saw them on my lezbo friend's iPad.  She showed me after she got back.

Satan was in rebellion to God.  The whole point of Satan is that he didn't want anybody having authority over him and telling him what to do.  This festival is nothing if not a festival of rebellion.  Rebellion against God and pretty much any rules of normal society.

The bible says that the spirit of rebellion is like the sin of witchcraft.  1 Samuel 15:23   Many people are the hands and feet of Satan and they don't even realize it.  The evidence is everywhere these days, especially in the United States.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I gotcha.

Because it's not sunday school, it's satanic.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Look up the critical tits ride in burning man. I actually got burned out on titties for a month after seeing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's satanic worship?
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I would have liked to go when it was more organic. Less interest now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool.

I aways wanted to visit but with my security clearance I was afraid to go.

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have wanted to go for years but from what I understand it has gotten way too fashionable and extremely commercial. Nothing at all like how it started or what it was supposed to be.
View Quote

But isn't that the fate of all things that become "cool" with a certain reputation that is suddenly attended by wanna bes?

Popularity is a killer of such events no matter the original intent or audience.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's 105 today.

You'd have to be a fashion loon.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/75/40/73/16125683/5/2300x0.jpg
View Quote
Was just looking, its over 100

Also, where are the topless women?
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No firearms are allowed, IIRC. But, the Black Rock Desert is huge on anyone's scale of size. Think Great Salt Lake. There is lots of room outside of BM.

BALLS (rocketry)is another event held at BRD. That is another great getaway. Guys launch payloads like a keg of beer and shit. Some guys bring their bowling ball shooting cannons.. I think fairly recently a guy killed himself launching for space in a homemade rocket ship there.

That was fun too, but I was a bit nervous when guys shoot a bowling ball a few hundred yards STRAIGHT UP, that could land on your head. It did make me respect the Civil War era guys downrange receiving incoming cannon fire. 6 foot wide targets are fucking obliterated at 100 yards.

https://video-images.vice.com/articles/59ce62b2db82966d7abc8c2b/lede/1506699410185-DSC_0162.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
we gotta get a bunch of arfcommers together and go to burning man.

convoy out there in u-hauls and RVs and do it up right.

imitation crab meat, model trains, and unshowered dirty inkie hippie girls.

No firearms are allowed, IIRC. But, the Black Rock Desert is huge on anyone's scale of size. Think Great Salt Lake. There is lots of room outside of BM.

BALLS (rocketry)is another event held at BRD. That is another great getaway. Guys launch payloads like a keg of beer and shit. Some guys bring their bowling ball shooting cannons.. I think fairly recently a guy killed himself launching for space in a homemade rocket ship there.

That was fun too, but I was a bit nervous when guys shoot a bowling ball a few hundred yards STRAIGHT UP, that could land on your head. It did make me respect the Civil War era guys downrange receiving incoming cannon fire. 6 foot wide targets are fucking obliterated at 100 yards.

https://video-images.vice.com/articles/59ce62b2db82966d7abc8c2b/lede/1506699410185-DSC_0162.jpeg
BALLS also looks like fun
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Bummed I'm not there this year.  It is insane
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I gotcha.

Because it's not sunday school, it's satanic.  
View Quote

I'm not trying to force you to agree with me, but at least I took a couple of minutes to formulate a response with a supporting bible verse.

You made a mocking, dismissive, straw man argument that took about zero intellectual energy.

I'm not mad at you though.   I'm having extra grace on you because I dig your avatar picture.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm not trying to force you to agree with me, but at least I took a couple of minutes to formulate a response with a supporting bible verse.

You made a mocking, dismissive, straw man argument that took about zero intellectual energy.

I'm not mad at you though.   I'm having extra grace on you because I dig your avatar picture.
View Quote

Thoughts on this rebel?  If rebellion is the same thing as satan worship, this guy is doomed to eternal hell fire.

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#26]
that’s an awesome video.

love electronic festivals, never been to burning man, but does look damn tempting.

see sounds & hear colors.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thoughts on this rebel?  If rebellion is the same thing as satan worship, this guy is doomed to eternal hell fire.

View Quote

Well, I never met old George but I'd wager that he believe he was rebelling against tyranny and not rebelling against God.  From what I understand he was a praying man who took things to the Lord.  He'll be judged for his deeds just as we all will.

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I'd love to go.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Never been.

Looks like organized Mad Max
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you have not met many politicians is what I am understanding.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#31]

I've always wanted to go.  Once I retire, I will be able to.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you ever spun an album backwards on a turntable to hear the satanic message in that rock music?
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd go just for the freak show.  Modern day version of a Dead show parking lot
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

So those $500 tickets do nothing to keep out the riff raff?  Hmmm...
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess it depends on what you consider riff raff. There are a ton of very dedicated burners that save all year to get to burning man.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, I never met old George but I'd wager that he believe he was rebelling against tyranny and not rebelling against God.  From what I understand he was a praying man who took things to the Lord.  He'll be judged for his deeds just as we all will.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fchristianheritagefellowship.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FWashington-Praying-at-Valley-Forge.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fchristianheritagefellowship.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FWashington-Praying-at-Valley-Forge.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Damn

Schooled him
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
...he didn't want anybody having authority over him and telling him what to do....a festival of rebellion.  Rebellion against God and pretty much any rules of normal society.
View Quote

So Satan and Burning Man are metal?

IN.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

GW IS FUCKING METAL

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Burning man looks like it would be fun. Lots of cool art, tons of topless chicks, and no matter how wasted you get there’s bound to be someone way worse than you. Seems like it would be worth checking out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#40]
No desire to go, whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#41]
ARFCOM tooth sucking and hand wringing over people enjoying freedom in a fashion inconsistent with their own beliefs is hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Never been.

View Quote
perfect
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hate to tell you this dude, but there’s quite a few evangelical church’s that I have seen that are far more enthusiastic about pounding each other in the ass than the very few gays I saw at the burns I have been to. Big part about why I don’t go to church.

I would start there. But if you do bring me. I want the perverts thrown out of the church also.

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
perfect
View Quote

I remember the thunder dome. This giant cage looking thing with people climbing all over it with rob zombie blaring. Walk over and they would have two people face off with pugil sticks, strap them in, harness them way up in the air across the cage from each other. This chick that looked like malifecent would give the signal and they would be dropped to crash into each other 15 feet above the ground. They would be pulled back and released. A winner would be declared and two more people would be strapped in.  Might be a 300 pound dude vs a 70 pound chick. Was the most mad max shit ever. Epic vibe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
perfect
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never been.

perfect

You should do a gambler 500 ride
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Outrage that all those "Other People" are out there having a fantastic time without some ARFCOM rage posters...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Never been.

View Quote

There is a Mad Max Fest out in the California Desert called Wasteland Weekend.

https://www.wastelandweekend.com/history/

There are a number of videos up on YouTube to check out.

The "Standard Greeting" hail given to passing participants...  "FUCK YOUUUUUUU"  

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You should do a gambler 500 ride
View Quote
i've been wanting to do the gambler 500 as well.

any arfcommers wanna do this?

500 Miles in a $500 Car - Gambler 500 | Car Boys

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8UtSr6IY-c
View Quote

I drove a $300 car to Oklahoma and back once, but a $500 budget ain't what it used to be.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I drove a $300 car to Oklahoma and back once, but a $500 budget ain't what it used to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8UtSr6IY-c

Back in 2003, I drove a $500 '87 Isuzu Trooper II from Selma, CA to Birmingham, AL during the summer. THAT sucked ass; no radio, no A/C. You learn a lot about yourself on a trip that long with no music to listen to.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top