Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/30/2023 10:56:03 PM EDT
No more sales on post 2023 for you after Taco Tuesday.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
No more sales on post 2023 for you after Taco Tuesday.
View Quote
CA regulators can eat bowls of dicks with ketchup.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
As much as I disagree with this being the law, electric is just better for yard care equipment.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
#whocares

#that'swhygodmadeebay

#welovenevada
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I bet Newsom has everything replace at the .gov mansion by midnight tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As much as I disagree with this being the law, electric is just better for yard care equipment.
View Quote
Until they start going after batteries or something else. These people never stop.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#7]
In before caravans of illegals start looting home improvement stores for batteries - Government property isn't going to cut and trim itself!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Just bought me a new 18" GAS chainsaw.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bet you like beans in your chili, too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:08:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

You live in a desert, why do you need lawn equipment at all?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You live in a desert, why do you need lawn equipment at all?
View Quote

You’d be surprised.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:21:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like a bordering state person could make money transporting black market equipment into California.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just bought me a new 18" GAS chainsaw.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Until they start going after batteries or something else. These people never stop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or you run over the cord with the lawn mower!

I dated a woman for a while back in the day and she had a corded weed eater. She had a steep bank at the end of the yard by the road and was trying to trim it off. So being the gentleman that I am, and not wanting her to be worn out when I went to fuck her that night, I took over. Yeah that lasted about 10 mins till I went home and got the gas powered one. Done in about 20 mins.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol

Not if you have 55 acres, five ponds, four tractor sheds, and three houses on the property.

Now if you have 1/4 of a acre and a 900sq ft home, electric might work.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:29:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That depends on a whole lot of variables.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol, this include ALL internal combustion engines under 25 hp. Generators, lawn mowers, water pumps, rototillers, anything with a 25 or less hp engine.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sounds like a bordering state person could make money transporting black market equipment into California.

View Quote

Check stations in place for produce and other things on the major highways between the borders.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lol, this include ALL internal combustion engines under 25 hp. Generators, lawn mowers, water pumps, rototillers, anything with a 25 or less hp engine.
View Quote

454 big block all the things!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:32:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oddly enough, its still legal (for now) to buy out of state and bring it back in. No shipping from out of state. I went to Amazon looking at a Honda 2000 watt generator. No shipping to California because it would arrive after Jan 1.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol. How much land do you mow and how much wood do you cut per year?

Edit for Engrish.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
How do you cut down 10-15 large trees with electric?

What about ATVs and go karts?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you have a tiny yard.  Some of us have a big yard and hate tyrants.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:34:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let’s see, according to my watch,
X4, carry the one…
There is no fucking way I’m getting this or the other five yards around the house done with electric.

Diesel tractor with mid mount 60 inch, plus hydraulic 46 in hedge trimmer mounted on the FEL, and 72” gas zero turn for the win.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

X4, carry the one…
There is no fucking way I’m getting this or the other five yards around the house done with electric.

Diesel tractor with mid mount 60 inch, plus hydraulic 46 in hedge trimmer mounted on the FEL, and 72” gas zero turn for the win.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Lol. How many land do you mow and how much wood do you cut per year?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. How many land do you mow and how much wood do you cut per year?
Guess he just rakes the sand in his front yard.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:35:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can never give in to commies, you have to fight them for everything.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:38:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shooting for the stupidest post of 2023 with a buzzer shot. Not bad.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll throw a tire on the burn pile to celebrate.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:43:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure. If you own something, you can still use it, you just can't buy a new one.
Gas pressure washers are on the list as are chainsaws.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#31]
If you run across any fuck head that says anything nice about that POS Newscum, tell them about this.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:46:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm not sure. If you own something, you can still use it, you just can't buy a new one.
Gas pressure washers are on the list as are chainsaws.
View Quote
Yea I wouldn't be giving up my pressure washers, generators, tractors, mowers, chainsaws, hedge clippers etc.

Thats just insane.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Check stations in place for produce and other things on the major highways between the borders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they check for produce....and only produce....hell...they don't even check, they just ask!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bring your electric toys to my house and give it a go. I'll bring tea.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your underscore is showing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:02:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

You must have one of those HOA postage stamp yards.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:05:33 AM EDT
[#37]
I hope that applies to State and local and fed Government working in Cali as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have several and you're right about all but blowers.  Electric leaf blower suck for anything more cleaning a few leaves off the patio.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone think the Stihl dealers will be open on a Sunday for people to stock up?
I think the one nearest to me is even closed on Saturdays.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:41:12 AM EDT
[#40]
I doubt .gov must live by these new bullshit rules
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:44:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lol

Not if you have 55 acres, five ponds, four tractor sheds, and three houses on the property.

Now if you have 1/4 of a acre and a 900sq ft home, electric might work.
View Quote

When I lived on 92 acres we had a mix of equipment. But it’s unusual to have 8 acres mowed.

I was perfectly happy to not need to mess with mixing gas and cleaning carbs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#42]
The fucking tyranny never ends.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:46:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I usually mowed with a 48hp tractor when I lived on acreage.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Lol. How much land do you mow and how much wood do you cut per year?

Edit for Engrish.
View Quote

Used to mow 8-11 acres and split a half a dozen cords a year. The equipment was over the hp requirement.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:50:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

X4, carry the one…

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/uu220/ramairfour/IMG_3911.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds" target="_blank">https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/uu220/ramairfour/IMG_3911.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

View Quote

It’s a 25 horsepower and up limit. If you get the big boy stuff you aren’t affected. What are you mowing like 2 acres?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, because Californians aren't allowed to drive into a bordering state and buy it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:55:16 AM EDT
[#47]
What's to stop someone from driving to Arizona or Nevada and buying a gas powered blower or trimmer at a Home Depot or Lowes?  Border check point for gas powered tools?  
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:32:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And they check for produce....and only produce....hell...they don't even check, they just ask!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not exactly true, I've been searched twice over the years.  I've also been asked about bringing in aluminum cans and potted houseplants on other occasions.

The first time I was searched, I had driven across the country and the front of the car was covered in a thick layer of bugs.  I think that is why he chose to search  I knew how tightly the trunk was packed, and thought it would be funny to watch him unpack and repack it.  I popped the trunk, and told him to go right ahead.  He opened the trunk and saw the tetris job inside, said fuck it, and sent me on my way.

The second time I was searched, i was driving a moving truck. They made me unlock the box and open the door.  He looked in from outside for about 30 seconds while traffic was piling up behind me and then told me I could leave.

The bottom line is if you tick enough boxes, they will go for it. (Then you take the long way around).
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:38:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try that with a chainsaw and actual trees. My Milwaukee electric is complete garbage, leaks oil everywhere, has no torque and plain sucks. I thought I was buying the best in electric. My Husqvarna gas saw on the other hand cuts through the densest woods with ease, like butter.

Maybe an electric whatever is good for your 5 feet of lawn but not much more, right?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:45:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Try that with a chainsaw and actual trees. My Milwaukee electric is complete garbage, leaks oil everywhere, has no torque and plain sucks. I thought I was buying the best in electric. My Husqvarna gas saw on the other hand cuts through the densest woods with ease, like butter.

Maybe an electric whatever is good for your 5 feet of lawn but not much more, right?
View Quote

Chainsaws are where this falls on its face. Other than that it wouldn’t be a problem for me. I like electric chainsaws for yard work but not for real trees. Those being anything I can’t just push over with the 5 ton reach lift.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top