Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

looks like it's going to be between 10 a.m.  and 11 a.m. pacific time

here's the live stream link it'll be broadcast on http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12522732

Thanks but it says i have to download microsoft silverlite in order to view it...

hmm.  i use firefox and it works.

I couldn't get it to work either.  Had to change my adblock settings.

what message were you guys getting?
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I hope they know exactly what they are doing by letting this place burn, if some of what is supposedly in there survives the temperatures of the fire and gets cast about by the wind, it could be very, very bad.

Keeping close tabs on the Zombie Forum for updates...
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmmmm... man is arrested. Evidence is "found" but can't be removed. Man has not been convicted yet. So they burn the house down.

Something does not appear to be constitutionally correct here.

Now, do I think this guy is innocent? Nope.... but I do think proper procedure is not being followed here.

It goes like this....

1. Individual is arrested and charged with a crime; this is possible because of probable cause, evidence, crime committed in presence of officer/official. Innocent until proven guilty.

2. Both the State and the Charged individual is prepare for the trial. Evidence is collected, statements are made, etc....

3. Trial starts, evidence is presented, witnesses and charged individual testify, etc.... Trial ends and the jury decides.

4. If the charged individual is convicted, then the State can "remove" the explosives "safely". If burning it down is required, the State should reimburse the owner of the property (house) and also convicted individual for the lost property not related to the case.

But of course in this day and age..... that's not going to happen. Shit like this pisses me off especially since I'm a LEO. I'm for defending the rights of others.... the State is not doing that.

much as I believe this guy is guilty of even deeper crimes than bank robbery, this was my first thought too.

I agree with you but according to a friend of mine "in the know" as it were, it ain't just grenades and improvised explosives in that house. There is supposedly some bad, bad things in there. Things of a non explosive nature.

Some of the info has made it's way to the media, there is "unknown powder" in the home and I read something on another board about an official who went in that house having his arm blister after contacting one of the interior walls of the home.

That is why they are making such a huge deal about the controlled burn (evacuating the entire neighborhood, shutting down a major freeway etc). Looks like overreaction to most, but I believe there is a very valid reason for the way they are handling this.

I hope they know exactly what they are doing by letting this place burn, if some of what is supposedly in there survives the temperatures of the fire and gets cast about by the wind, it could be very, very bad.

It is a conflicting situation for sure and they are not handling it all properly IMO. Have also read the city went out of it's way to get a ruling to declare the house a "public nuisance" thereby denying the owner of the property any compensation for his loss (it is a rental house). Poor guy will probably get stuck with the bill for hazmat cleanup too.

Will be interesting to see what comes out in trial. Unique situation for sure and I am conflicted about the need preserve evidence and the right of the BG to a fair trial VS something very, very nasty getting out of that place and spreading.

Well, besides the gardener it hadn't got out up to this point, what's a few more months or whatever until they let the trial run its course?  On the surface, this certainly seems to be a pretty gross miscarriage of justice.  Especially the part about not compensating the property owner.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah a lot of explosives in a residential area might not be the best idear

From my country Bang at 1:10 and Big Bang at 2:13

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

looks like it's going to be between 10 a.m.  and 11 a.m. pacific time

here's the live stream link it'll be broadcast on http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12522732

Thanks but it says i have to download microsoft silverlite in order to view it...

hmm.  i use firefox and it works.

I couldn't get it to work either.  Had to change my adblock settings.

what message were you guys getting?

Escondido bomb factory house burn set at 10:30am

Interstate 15 will be closed 30 minutes prior to the start of the burn. Closure will last aproximately three hours during the burn

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#7]
District 11Tuesday, Dec. 7, 2010

Phone: (619) 688-6670

All Lanes of I-15 in Escondido Closed Thursday from 9 a.m. to NoonSAN DIEGO – Interstate 15 (I-15) will be closed in both directions in Escondido on Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon, according to the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). On southbound I-15 the freeway will be closed at Centre City Parkway. In the northbound direction the freeway will be closed at State Route 78.

The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department will be removing explosive materials that were found at a residence adjacent to the freeway. The Sheriff’s Department has also requested the closure of the westbound and eastbound ramps from State Route 78 (SR-78) to northbound I-15 and the northbound on-ramps at Valley Parkway and El Norte Parkway.

Southbound vehicles will be detoured off at Centre City Parkway and follow the detour to southbound I-15. Northbound vehicles will be detoured to the eastbound SR-78 Centre City Parkway off-ramp then back onto the northbound I-15 Centre City Parkway on-ramp. Both detours will have Escondido Police Officers on site to assists motorists around the closure.

Changeable Message Signs are in place on I-15 and SR-78 to warn drivers about the closure. On Thursday morning all of permanent fixed CMS in the area will be on with the same message.

Motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible. Significant delays are expected on both the freeway and city streets. Media questions regarding the explosive material are directed to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist11/d11tmc/sdmap/showmap.php

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Streaming this on Fox Livestream...
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Live stream here

Bomb squad in the garage

T minus 8 minutes and counting...
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#10]
3 minutes... looks very serious, they have chopped holes in the roof, now they are leaning against the railing, waiting, waiting, this is almost too much to bear, the waiting...
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like one guy just went in with an incendiary device.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#12]
talking head getting ready to talk.. this could be it
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#13]
freaking light it already.  I've got shit to do.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
freaking light it already.  I've got shit to do.  

I'm thinkin these guys are getting 2x time and a half, might take all day, maybe longer...
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I think this is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Wonder what the gardener stepped on? HMTD? TATP?
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Is this an address on Paper Street?
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#18]
EOD guys, take a look - tell me they are not stringing det cord...
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Fuck the Constitution.

Hell, Fuck the law.

The law is what ever the state says it is, changing as the wind blows.

Burn someone else's house down for alleged crimes committed by a renter...

No trial, no jury.

Somebody needs to start fighting back....

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#20]
ok, they just closed the garage door and are backing off...
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Talking head just said they will initiate the blaze by detonating small charges inside the house.... ummmmm
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#22]

what, no s'mores?
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Talking head just said they will initiate the blaze by detonating small charges inside the house.... ummmmm

This could be interesting.  Hopefully not, but it could be.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This could be interesting.  Hopefully not, but it could be.  

* tapping fingers *

aw they're going back in... now a guy is donning SCBA...

DAY 2
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#25]
OK, this could be it.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#26]
ok they backed off again...
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ok they backed off again...

I could see them playing with the det-cord or whatever it was.  It was getting tension on it off and on.

COME ON!
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Here it goes!
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#29]
we got smoke!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#30]

explode baby, explode

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Waitin for the garage to Glock...
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#32]
There it goes.

The State burning an innocent homeowners property for alleged crimes committed by a renter.

Any evidence is now gone, assuming there ever was any.

Liberty reigns.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#33]
This is fucking stupid.  They went from a contained, static HAZMAT situation to an extremely dynamic and not at all contained HAZMAT situation.  I hope nobody gets hurt or sick down the road because of this.

ETA:  Not to mention what he said^
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I wonder what kind of toxic shit is spewing into the air?
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#35]

that sounded like an small explosion
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

that sounded like an small explosion

Prolly spray cans going up - haven't seen any big kabooms yet.

Really does set a lovely precedent, doesn't it?

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Talking head just said, " we have heard ammunition going off " - orly?
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Nothing good.
Hope this is hot enough to cook off what is in there or bad, bad things could be floating about right now.

It does set a scary precedent though, for sure. Punitive destruction of property and evidence for "public safety"

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#39]
It looks like

- WACO -
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#40]
If there are people who like to make big booms as a hobby, they should AT THE VERY LEAST do it out in the middle of nowhere.  This guy was just asking for trouble from the beginning.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing good.

Hope this is hot enough to cook off what is in there or bad, bad things could be floating about right now.

Black smoke can be plastic burning, from the way they described the place, one would have expected to see a mushroom cloud the size of Rhode Island -

experts: would the stuff he had safely thermally decompose in a fire or would we expect to see kabooms?
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#42]
wtf?

ETA: WTF is burning just outside the front door?

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Amazing how this guys and his family lived in this house for 4+ years, but it's too dangerous for the bomb squad to go in and remove the materials.

That guy must have been mad lucky to survive 4 years in that house, or something else is going on here that doesn't add up.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#44]
I got $10 says the house on the right goes up in flames too...
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Amazing how this guys and his family lived in this house for 4+ years, but it's too dangerous for the bomb squad to go in and remove the materials.

That guy must have been mad lucky to survive 4 years in that house, or something else is going on here that doesn't add up.

sounds like the local LEO/bomb squad wanted an excuse to do a BBQ/roast Marshmallows
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
wtf?

ETA: WTF is burning just outside the front door?

Natural cover.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Next: ARFCOMMER's homes will burn because the authorities claim their homes are "weapons factories"

Then they burn the "evidence" before trial.

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It doesn't add up... they even closed Interstate 15.

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#49]
that is a nice fire.

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I got $10 says the house on the right goes up in flames too...

This business will get out of control.  It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top