Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm getting messages right now lolz
View Quote
Yeah. Nah.

Even at what I make, which maybe isn't as much as you make, but is much more than the line indicated earlier, I wouldn't answer.

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

agreed!

You running a broke dick District Attorney's office in a destitute county?

18 month turnover from the top professionals.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed!

You running a broke dick District Attorney's office in a destitute county?

18 month turnover from the top professionals.

The last place I worked had a lot of turnover for people there less than 6 months but at that point most people stayed years.

The entire company turning over every year and a half is RIDICULOUS
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:40:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I worked 14hrs yesterday but it was because something wasn’t working and I wanted to figure out why.  

I still get automated alerts and such though every day of the year as we’re too small of a company to really have backup employees.

If I got hit by a truck tomorrow the company would be properly fucked for a good 6 months until someone could figure out my projects.  Stuff would continue to run without me but making changes would be difficult.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:18:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The company I worked for had "vacation" not PTO.  We also had comp time.  It was generally bullshit - for years I never even got to take off a fraction of my vacation.  Then I said fuck it, and started taking it off anyway.  By the time I left, I managed to take off all those lost weeks.

Till the day I left they still had problem understanding what comp time actually was.  I would put in my hours plus, then they would bitch when I wanted to leave early on Tuesdays to coach one of my kids teams.  Essentially they thought being a decent parent was unprofessional.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
So, the emails stopped around 10pm on New Years Eve (and by stopped I mean, the last round of CEO asking people to do stuff) and then restarted at 10am.  Meanwhile, my first non-W2 client started having email diarrhea at 5:30am.

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So our leadership decided a few months ago that the week between Christmas and New Years the company would be closed.  Our B2C sales engine runs on its own and customer service is non-US and 24/7, so closing is of no real impact, and most vendors and B2B biz dev operations are suspended for the holidays or slow on the other end anyway, so it's an easy and cheap showing of goodwill to the vast majority of company employees.  I work with some of the MOST intelligent, diligent, responsible, hard-working people I've ever met.  Real top of their game, pull out all the stops, FAANG quality types who will be online and available 5am-2am if necessary.

I immediately get COVID the day before Christmas Eve.  CEO decides that 2-3 "high priority" things MUST be worked on over this week, and specifically one smaller thing on Christmas Day, so I push through, half COVID-crazy, and exhausted, setting up docs for input from the rest of the team...and the rest of the team just...never...shows...up...

People who are "always on" are NOT answering emails...management is pushing "hey, this needs done today" - then transitions to "hey this needs done tomorrow" - then "hey, how much time do you need?" - and just crickets...it was the funniest thing to watch unfold..."hey, guys, anyone out there...heeellloooo?"  Finally today I realize I didn't even grant document access to most of the team (but I sent the link) and none of them even asked for access until a couple popped up late this afternoon.

I think I took 5 vacation days this year, and ended up working on most of them, and most of the leadership team is in the same boat, they just all noped out for the holidays, it was magnificent to watch.  Unfortunately I was supposed to use this week to make some side money, so this intrusion and COVID has probably cost me $3-5,000.
View Quote

Fuck em - quiet quit and get a new job where you’re not a number
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think I took 5 vacation days this year, and ended up working on most of them, and most of the leadership team is in the same boat, they just all noped out for the holidays, it was magnificent to watch.  Unfortunately I was supposed to use this week to make some side money, so this intrusion and COVID has probably cost me $3-5,000.
View Quote
Unless you are far more wealthier than your employer, I would highly recommend against this. You're paying your employer.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve been off since the 19th and have to go back today. I should have taken the whole week off too.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top