Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 109
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Judge Roger T. Benitez is my hero.

From the beautiful prose of his original ruling, to the timing of the ruling, to his latest stay (that isn't much of a stay)....

Judge Benitez is a man that knows what he is about, and knows what freedom means and the cost thereof.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I am confused.

Is this stupid ban back on?

If yes, need thread title change.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Kits" can be assembled? I been trying to get a straight answer to this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

........Also.. anyone here in CA need a 32 round P226 mag in what could be 9mm or 40mm? As far as I know the 9mm and 40mm are interchangeable for the P226. I don't own a Sig, but was given the mag as a rebuild when buying rebuild kits was still legal in CA... since the ruling, its been assembled and is now protected. Don't know the brand, but it appears to be functional. I can send it out tomorrow morning before work to the first person to PM me.
"Kits" can be assembled? I been trying to get a straight answer to this?
What kits?  All I have is these standard cap mags obtained during the 3/30 - 4/5 window.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How do they confirm you didn't purchase them during the allowed window?
View Quote
Exactly...the burden of proof is on them!  Fuck California
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am confused.

View Quote
You can buy until tomorrow (Friday 4/5) at 5:00pm (Pacific time).
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I doubt it.  Considering what was potentially at stake the .gov was pretty nonchalant about getting the word out.  Lots of unregistered pre 2000 weapons out there, some due to noncompliance, my bet is most just because the owners didn't know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is the number of registered 2000 AWB era guns in California? Is it over the 250k mark?
I doubt it.  Considering what was potentially at stake the .gov was pretty nonchalant about getting the word out.  Lots of unregistered pre 2000 weapons out there, some due to noncompliance, my bet is most just because the owners didn't know.
Lots of us knew, we just did not give a crap.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@realwar Thank you! Someone on here pointed out a bit ago about GrabAGun.com having them in stock. I ordered as many as I could afford there so my Scar 17 will be a happy camper
View Quote
Glad to help.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone have a line on a 25 round .308 pmag that's in stock and will ship to CA?
View Quote
Impactguns is selling to Ca.

https://www.impactguns.com/search-results/?search_query=pmag
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Who's got some 40 rounders?
View Quote
In the EE.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What kits?  All I have is these standard cap mags obtained during the 3/30 - 4/5 window.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Someone mentioned it earlier; its a brilliant tactic by Judge Benitez if he's really thinking of "common use".
View Quote
Hello all, first time poster here, but a long time member at another forum...

I’ve been following this case like all of you and since Sunday I’ve been 100% sure that His Honor planner this out completely. I absolutely believe every aspect of this string of developments was foreseen by the good Judge. He knew what would happen when he issued that ruling. He waited for the perfect time to do. A 3 day weekend at the end of tax season. He knew he could count on fellow Lovers of Liberty to run out and chase that dragon as soon as it was legal. He knew be crafting the 86 pages of glory that he would catch the state on their heels and provide more time to flood the state. Judge Benitez is playing chess. The state just realized that. They are trying to catch up.

But Honorable Judge Benitez knew, even before LAST Friday’s decision, that he would issue this stay, with this protection, after laying the ground work for common useage.

And he planned the whole thing. He knew. Oh he knew.

I can’t help but think, in the context of the entire 86(7) page decision, what other ground work was he laying.

We are in the early stages of a bump set spike.

Oh, he knew. This has the aroma of genius tactics, pure and simple.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am confused.

WTF! I was really happy for California. For like the first time...
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Who's got some 40 rounders?
View Quote
AR - Botach and DSG for sure.  DSG is a bit cheaper and has $5.00 shipping.  Botach has free shipping and will get your stuff to you quick.
AK- JG sales has many varieties.  And they ship fast.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's a great ruling (the original Order) and sets up the long game.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
The State asked for a stay on the ruling.  They petitioned both this judge as well as the 9th.  We all know the 9th would grant the stay, so the judge did it first, and worded it intentionally to protect those who purchased, plus postdated the stay by a day and a half to let more folks buy.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's permanent. There's no way to go back in time and pretend that millions of magazines made it in, in the course of a week.

Undefined is right...people can and should continue to purchase magazines past the Friday "deadline", as the door was opened so wide that it's impossible to close now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seeing as how nothing seems to mandate how magazines need to be destroyed and tracked....

Every man, woman, and child in California that has purchased a magazine in the past week has the legal right to continue to order such magazines under this permanent ruling. If those men, women, or children were to accidentally drop those magazines on the ground and others picked them up, oh well.

There is also no legal requirement for tracking receipts for purchases, so anyone that is willing to file a use tax for a magazine purchase, regardless of if they retain any form of receipt, is going to be assumed by the state to be such a person. And anyone that can claim to have been gifted a magazine, as so many have been, is under no legal obligation to establish the provenance of said magazine that they received during this brief period of freedom.

It would, quite frankly, be impossible to establish, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that any given Californian was not such a person, unless they were already incarcerated or dead during the past week.
None of this is permanent until the appeals process is done.
It's permanent. There's no way to go back in time and pretend that millions of magazines made it in, in the course of a week.

Undefined is right...people can and should continue to purchase magazines past the Friday "deadline", as the door was opened so wide that it's impossible to close now.
I'm not saying the door is closed on Friday. As Undefined pointed out it's not much of a stay.
However, the possibility exists that the 9th Cir., perhaps many months from now, will order the judge to lift the stay.
If the contested statute goes into effect my understanding is that possession of those millions of magazines would be criminalized by the state of CA. Until then, party on.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow, let's slice that lies a little finer.

By that "logic", people who bought ATF approved bumpstocks should be able to keep them until the time they were no longer approved.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The State asked for a stay on the ruling.  They petitioned both this judge as well as the 9th.  We all know the 9th would grant the stay, so the judge did it first, and worded it intentionally to protect those who purchased, plus postdated the stay by a day and a half to let more folks buy.  
View Quote
He's a pretty smart guy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm not saying the door is closed on Friday. As Undefined pointed out it's not much of a stay.
However, the possibility exists that the 9th Cir., perhaps many months from now, will order the judge to lift the stay.
If the contested statute goes into effect my understanding is that possession of those millions of magazines would be criminalized by the state of CA. Until then, party on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seeing as how nothing seems to mandate how magazines need to be destroyed and tracked....

Every man, woman, and child in California that has purchased a magazine in the past week has the legal right to continue to order such magazines under this permanent ruling. If those men, women, or children were to accidentally drop those magazines on the ground and others picked them up, oh well.

There is also no legal requirement for tracking receipts for purchases, so anyone that is willing to file a use tax for a magazine purchase, regardless of if they retain any form of receipt, is going to be assumed by the state to be such a person. And anyone that can claim to have been gifted a magazine, as so many have been, is under no legal obligation to establish the provenance of said magazine that they received during this brief period of freedom.

It would, quite frankly, be impossible to establish, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that any given Californian was not such a person, unless they were already incarcerated or dead during the past week.

Psst....

Caetano
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yes, an 11th hour stay right before a law that would have made possession an infraction. (Infractions in California are non-bookable offenses punishable by a fine only of usually between $10-$100.00.)

So in that last week leading up to the law going into effect, you would imagine there were thousands of people turning in thousands of mags. But that never happened. I've heard there was one guy in LA and he was the only person in the entire state that turned in a magazine. Everyone else kept their stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outstanding summary.  Thank you.

Now, just to be clear, the new law was signed into law in 2016 right?  And it's basically SAFE 2.0?  Get rid of them by turning them in, destroy them, or sell them out of state?  But it never came into effect because it was stayed in response to this lawsuit?
Yes, an 11th hour stay right before a law that would have made possession an infraction. (Infractions in California are non-bookable offenses punishable by a fine only of usually between $10-$100.00.)

So in that last week leading up to the law going into effect, you would imagine there were thousands of people turning in thousands of mags. But that never happened. I've heard there was one guy in LA and he was the only person in the entire state that turned in a magazine. Everyone else kept their stuff.
There was no mention of owning parts. Not mag kits but separated parts

This is my fail-safe
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:46:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I just let BCM know I’m pretty jaded about sharing the same state with them...you’d think a company would embrace selling freedom dispensers to oppressed citizens, guess those fat .gov contracts speak louder than freedom.  Site sponsor or not, that’s total bullshit on their part.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:46:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Psst....

Caetano
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Psst....

Caetano
Don't make me page Sylvan to tell you how Roberts is going to F* you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

By that "logic", people who bought ATF approved bumpstocks should be able to keep them until the time they were no longer approved.
View Quote
I can't speak to that issue because I have not read all those orders.

I have followed Duncan closely and read the rulings.

I don't pretend to speak the gospel, but people pay me pretty good money to give them legal opinions.

I am giving my opinion for free here - so it's only worth what you paid.

Take it leave it - you need to make your own choices on the matter.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I’m gonna be serious for a minute. This thread and those of you helping out, it’s a big deal and it means a lot to me because I wanted my son to have the opportunity to own some standard mags and give him some motivation to fight for his rights. My daughter is only 9 but my kids mean everything to me. Hurts a little they didn’t get to know the California I grew up in, which wasn’t perfect but was far better than how it is these days. So I extend my my gratitude, appreciation and thanks
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Psst....

Caetano
Roberts is a piece of shit, but sometimes he accidentally sides with the good guys.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Fucking Commies.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You were not supposed to tell, yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read this very carefully:

Read it again.

One more time

The order does NOT apply to the magazines, it applies to the persons or business entities.

In other words, if you exercised your right to be immune from 32310 (a) and (b) between 3/29/2019 and 4/5/2019 you remain immune during this stay. The magazines you ordered are not magically special and themselves immune, YOU ARE. It never says you have to stop ordering at 5PM tomorrow, only that you had to have ordered at least one before then to remain a more equal animal.
MotherOfGod.meme
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am confused.

What if they are out and on back ordered? Still gtg for the California guys?
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HolyShit.meme
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:59:13 PM EDT
[#32]
You guys better order like it's the last mag you may ever get.... because .......
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 11:59:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The roster is already awaiting the US Supreme Court deciding if they'll consider its fate, they should grant or deny the case this month.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those stupid assholes at the CA AG's office filed their Notice of Appeal.

If I were Judge Benitez I'd simply ignore their ex parte request at this point.

Those dumb fucks certainly don't know when to stop pushing.

I hope the 9th or SCOTUS totally screws them and the hole they're digging keeps getting deeper.

Maybe the CA AW ban and Roster are next.

Keep it up CA - you certainly are helping gun owners nation wide if your stupidity helps overturn bad laws in other states too!!
The roster is already awaiting the US Supreme Court deciding if they'll consider its fate, they should grant or deny the case this month.

Kharn
If they can somehow smack down WA's "assault rifle licensing" law along with the roster that would be amazing. Both are largely sin taxes that place additional burdens on certain firearm types, with massive holes in logic that make little sense. The roster is a bit worse because it is more of an extortion law.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is the number of registered 2000 AWB era guns in California? Is it over the 250k mark?
Lol the last registration was expected to result in a million plus, it turned out to be so pathetic when they listed the numbers they counted the 2000 numbers as well and it was still under 200k.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read it again.

One more time

The order does NOT apply to the magazines, it applies to the persons or business entities.

In other words, if you exercised your right to be immune from 32310 (a) and (b) between 3/29/2019 and 4/5/2019 you remain immune during this stay. The magazines you ordered are not magically special and themselves immune, YOU ARE. It never says you have to stop ordering at 5PM tomorrow, only that you had to have ordered at least one before then to remain a more equal animal.
But it doesn't apply to people that received them as gifts.  "shall remain in effect for those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported, sold, or bought"
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lawful to possess. in fact they were never unlawful to buy. The legislature made it illegal to sell, give, offer for sale, import or manufacture. But buying and finding were technically legal. if you sold me a standard capacity mag in California you were breaking the law as the seller, but as the buyer i was not committing a crime.

View Quote
Incorrect, they closed that "hole" a couple years ago.

(a) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, buys, or receives any large-capacity magazine is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yep. Some are even arguing that it says if you bought even one mag during that window you continue to be exempt until the appeal is over or the stay is lifted. Think about what that might mean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code §32310 (a) and (b)shall remain in effect for those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported, sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds between the entry of this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.Dated:  April 4, 2019
Yep. Some are even arguing that it says if you bought even one mag during that window you continue to be exempt until the appeal is over or the stay is lifted. Think about what that might mean.
That magnificent SOB.

My question now is where do we go from here. How do we show these business entities that we (you and I) can continue to buy mags legally.  That's crafty wording, I hope we can get them back onboard.

ETA if I'm tracking, this stay only applies to those who have not purchased a >10rd mag by tomorrow at 5pm....?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#38]
I feel like I should panic, but you see, that is the norm for California. Reacting to the next dumbass law that is going into affect. I don't know how to panic, from my constant state of panic.

I might be done ordering for now. I've already panicked out. Unless I start buying mags for guns I never intend to own.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:16:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Wouldn't it be a kicker if Judge Benitez was a member here. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:18:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wouldn't it be a kicker if Judge Benitez was a member here. Just a thought.
View Quote
I'm starting to get that feeling.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#41]

God damn. Order mags like your like life depends on your credit card, because your freedom does.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:22:47 AM EDT
[#42]
BUY BUY BUY! GET IN BEFORE THE LOCK STAY!
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Read it again.

One more time

View Quote
I concur with your interpretation.

Even if there's only a chance it might be correct, it's worth buying at least one >10rd magazine, just in case.

Make sure you get documentation on the order and its time. Email, printed receipt, etc etc.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
BCM won't even sell a sling to us in MA.  Fuck them.  They won't ever see another dime of my money, and I encourage others to do the same.  The same thing goes for PSA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just let BCM know I’m pretty jaded about sharing the same state with them...you’d think a company would embrace selling freedom dispensers to oppressed citizens, guess those fat .gov contracts speak louder than freedom.  Site sponsor or not, that’s total bullshit on their part.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/320626/1D7CD4BF-EE7F-4B2F-8A6A-65B373AB1AE3_png-901484.JPG
BCM won't even sell a sling to us in MA.  Fuck them.  They won't ever see another dime of my money, and I encourage others to do the same.  The same thing goes for PSA.
Didn't they recently sell some bolt carriers that looked like they had been machined by a beaver with its teeth, while drunk?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#46]
IT IS FO TIME FOR MAGAZINE PURCHASING IN CALIFORNIA!!! BUY AT LEAST ONE! BORROW MONEY AND BUY A SINGLE CRAPPY MAG IF YOU HAVE TO!

Every additional person covered by this stay gives it more weight and makes reversing this ruling less possible. It's time to ring a million bells.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:32:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I’m gonna be serious for a minute. This thread and those of you helping out, it’s a big deal and it means a lot to me because I wanted my son to have the opportunity to own some standard mags and give him some motivation to fight for his rights. My daughter is only 9 but my kids mean everything to me. Hurts a little they didn’t get to know the California I grew up in, which wasn’t perfect but was far better than how it is these days. So I extend my my gratitude, appreciation and thanks
View Quote
Any Cali dudes still in need for mags can PM me. I can probably still get some shipped tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
IT IS FO TIME FOR MAGAZINE PURCHASING IN CALIFORNIA!!! BUY AT LEAST ONE! BORROW MONEY AND BUY A SINGLE CRAPPY MAG IF YOU HAVE TO!

Every additional person covered by this stay gives it more weight and makes reversing this ruling less possible. It's time to ring a million bells.
View Quote
Let me stretch your brain a bit. Are you looking at the receipt factor you mentioned earlier as a good to have or a must have?

See I purchased mags but they were off of the EE and probably do not have a receipt attatched to them. But I sure as fuck qualify, just missing "undeniable proof"
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol like they really gave them up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Read it again.

One more time

View Quote
THANK YOU!  That is exactly how I read it as well.  I started typing up a long explanation but abandoned it.  I interpret the text the same way you do.
Page / 109
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top