Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 288
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That Sprinter at 2:06 is interesting.  A Van that can pull a gooseneck trailer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a world without pickup trucks, what're you gonna do?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That does it!  I'm going up!
View Quote

The back of that van looked delicious!
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's almost as weird as the flatbed vans.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"weren't aware"?

It's on their Official Twitter account, in English AND French!
View Quote

They fuckin lie.
The tweet is just an attempt to scare people.. it said "could be" arrested.
Not "will be"...

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
If the police stand with the truckers tonight then this thing is over. The government will have lost all credibility.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I remain in awe; and anxious.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If the police stand with the truckers tonight then this thing is over. The government will have lost all credibility.
View Quote
Well...

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Like the 262 MILLION citizens killed by their own governments in the 20th century. See the link in my sigline.
View Quote

Did you gather that data and do admin that page?  @6SJ7GT

Might wanna use that info in a book I am writing on the 2nd Amendment and government abuses.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They fuckin lie.
Not "will be"...

Fuck em.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"weren't aware"?

They fuckin lie.
Not "will be"...

Fuck em.

Sounds like someone was hoping they could intimidate people into backing down, without having the actual authority to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well...

View Quote

Sounds like theft to me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
LOL.  Probably most of their parliament.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sounds like someone was hoping they could intimidate people into backing down, without having the actual authority to do anything about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"weren't aware"?

They fuckin lie.
Not "will be"...

Fuck em.

Exactly
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#15]

I can confirm that there is some truth to what he is saying.
There certainly were bouncy castles and hot tubs there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#17]
So basically if you are not wearing a mask, you are pro convoy ?   Viva Frei in his interviews shows this to be the case,  every masked person spoke against the protest and was most likely a BLM supporter.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did you gather that data and do admin that page?  @6SJ7GT

Might wanna use that info in a book I am writing on the 2nd Amendment and government abuses.
View Quote

@ErikInAZ

Data is by a professor at the U of Hawaii. Check the "Personal" link at the top of that page.
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Some gems from another forum:

I must say this convoy bullshit is what finally breaks me after these past two years. It was a rougher two years for me and my partner than most. I had to quit my toxic job over health safety, she lost her mother to terminal cancer, our neighbour drops dead of a massive coronary two months later just before Christmas, her brothers both go full shitty privileged white-man misogyny anti-vaxx/immigrant/LGBQT++, I suffered a concussion. Plus some other stuff. But this suddenly swell of fascist bullshit is too much. I knew it was always here on the down-low politely hidden, I knew it was getting out of hand, but seeing it explode in person ? I can't deal.

I was out of work ~16 months. I start a new job Monday in a new city. I'm in Toronto (keeping the apartment there in case I don't make probation and my partner will be staying there for the time being working) and left Friday... for Ottawa. So I get to see all these trucklodytes driving into Toronto and heading to Ottawa the whole drive. And holy shit, that drive was so utterly depressing I nearly had a breakdown part way. I'm at a point where I see a Ford F-150 or a lifted truck I just presume you're garbage. Luckily I'm staying over in Gatineau instead of near the core (and thank fuck the job is in the west end). I took my partner to the VIA station and these fuckers are driving down the middle of the 417 slowly blocking traffic, weaving through lanes, hey have portions of the city taken over for themselves, but what really fucking grinds my gears? They have the official Ontario digital highway signs directing these assholes to where the rally is.

There is just such an abject failure of government and police (not that I expected otherwise) it's just wrecked me.
View Quote

I can't even imagine what it's like living there right now. I'm so sorry. Everyone in Ottawa deserves so much better.

Seeing the Ottawa police just throw up their hands and not do anything substantial has been infuriating. It's been a week now. The police keep marching out excuse after excuse. The police claim they can't get tow trucks because nobody will work with them (they said they're opening an investigation to see if the convoy people are intimidating towing services into not cooperating) but the city has offered to let the police use their trucks instead but still nothing is done. The police have no issues pulling out the heavy armour and water cannons for indigenous protesters yet apparently they need to treat all these truckers with kid gloves? There's been numerous reports of people being harassed (especially news reporters) and in some cases physically assaulted over the last week. A bunch of businesses have had to close for fear of safety, and one that spoke to the media had their windows smashed. What's it going to take for them to finally crack down on this thing? It stopped being a protest a while ago.

In other news, Pierre "former residential school students just need to be taught the value of hard work" Poilievre has confirmed he's running for Conservative leadership.
View Quote

Alright. We need to talk about what just went down on parliament hill.

A few thousand Neanderthals occupied the symbol of our democracy;

- flashed swastikas
- flashed every other conceivable conspiracy craziness.
- shit in the snow
- defaced Terry Fox statue
-defaced national war memorial

- forced the Prime Minister and his family into hiding.

———

The CONS are now scrambling to detach themselves from this literal shit show...but I think the MAGA is now permanently stuck to them. The media coverage speaks for itself. —- Alt-right figures from the US also saw fit to show their support for the crazies, throwing more fuel on the fire.

Unlike the US, I expect there will be electoral consequences for the CONs, perhaps in the upcoming provincial elections.

Some are also speculating this will cause another schism within the CPC —- ie. split the party apart progressive Con / Reform style.
View Quote

Terry Fox attempted to do a marathon across Canada to bring funds and attention to cancer treatment. He did not complete his trek.

Politicizing that statue is inherently disrespectful, and he isn't a political symbol.
Desecrating a Canadian flag with Nazi symbols should be self evident in the other one.

I don't know any truckers participating, the ones I know are all double vaxxed and think these guys are idiots.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sounds like theft to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well...

Sounds like theft to me.

Yep, seems like they need to steal it back.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well...

View Quote

That must be one sweet ass dental plan they have there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

martin....is that you?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well...

Sounds like theft to me.

Have the crowd from a shield while delivering it.  See what the cops want to do about it then.  

Fucking thieves with badges doing the deeds of wet blanket pussies on a power trip in the govt that don't have the balls to face their constituents.    Pussies.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.

Richmond 2020 Lobby Day was pure bottled lightning.

Not one shot fired, city left cleaner than originally found, ruling class scared shitless.
View Quote

Don't take this the wrong way, but what did we learn from that? I am in total support of protest, but did it have the required effect?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Have the crowd from a shield while delivering it.  See what the cops want to do about it then.  

Fucking thieves with badges doing the deeds of wet blanket pussies on a power trip in the govt that don't have the balls to face their constituents.    Pussies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well...

Sounds like theft to me.

The solution really does seem to be that simple.

Have enough people together that they can't possibly detain and arrest everybody, and simply ignore their unlawful commands.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Don't take this the wrong way, but what did we learn from that? I am in total support of protest, but did it have the required effect?
View Quote

That it was possible to do a mass armed protest.

Beforehand even the optimistic people were sure it would be a complete disaster and they would have to shoot their way out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Beforehand even the optimistic people were sure it would be a complete disaster and they would have to shoot their way out.
View Quote

Fair enough. I am just wondering what it really takes to wrest power away from tyrants. If we do it peacefully I think it will be the first time in my lifetime I have heard of it. If anyone has some examples where it happened peacefully I am all ears. By the way, I think the truckers may have found the middle ground and a near-perfect tactic. Truckers are the lifeblood of the nation and wield more power than they may be aware of. I think it is brilliant.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trudeau has a problem.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
I gave myself 50/50 odds...

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Now you just need to make sure you have a large crew with you when delivering fuel.

As they attempt to arrest the first guy, the next person in line picks up the fuel cans and keeps walking. Repeat ad infinitum.

They can't arrest everyone...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i thought the cops already had a blockade preventing supplies being brought in?

There is no blockade.
We walked right up to the protest and there were people carting in diesel jerry cans.

Now you just need to make sure you have a large crew with you when delivering fuel.

As they attempt to arrest the first guy, the next person in line picks up the fuel cans and keeps walking. Repeat ad infinitum.

They can't arrest everyone...
Link arms, sing "We Shall Overcome" and make the police baton you while someone is live-streaming it. I'm not even joking. This is a civil rights issue, treat it like one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I can confirm that there is some truth to what he is saying.
There certainly were bouncy castles and hot tubs there.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpKKYDrC/F151-E312-7-D73-4-F87-A4-FD-664-E23467-A79.jpg
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Link arms, sing "We Shall Overcome" and make the police baton you while someone is live-streaming it. I'm not even joking. This is a civil rights issue, treat it like one.
View Quote

Yeah, few hundred people 5 deep interlocked with the fuel in the middle and march forward.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.

Not one shot fired, city left cleaner than originally found, ruling class scared shitless.

Well, I'm not living here in VA under an AWB...
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Maybe GoSendGive can report the assholes doing this to their ISPs for DDOSing and get them kicked offline.  I'm sure it's against their terms of service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Maybe GoSendGive can report the assholes doing this to their ISPs for DDOSing and get them kicked offline.  I'm sure it's against their terms of service.
The first D in DDOS is "distributed." They use botnet infected machines. The people who own them probably have no idea they've been harnessed for this.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.

View Quote

Valid point.

Does look like Canada is getting it done with out OCing a single gun.

Or whatever
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Valid point.

Does look like Canada is getting it done with out OCing a single gun.

Or whatever
View Quote

They went nuclear with bouncy castles.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#38]
deleted (hang fire)
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"weren't aware"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"weren't aware"?

They did say "could be"

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Fair enough. I am just wondering what it really takes to wrest power away from tyrants. If we do it peacefully I think it will be the first time in my lifetime I have heard of it. If anyone has some examples where it happened peacefully I am all ears. By the way, I think the truckers may have found the middle ground and a near-perfect tactic. Truckers are the lifeblood of the nation and wield more power than they may be aware of. I think it is brilliant.
View Quote

The Velvet Revolution in Czechoslovakia comes to mind.
God bless the Canadian truckers and "screw yous" to those opposed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#42]
BREAKING: Police begin ARRESTING convoy protesters outside Parliament

Rebel News
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.

View Quote

Sorry friend, but that's completely delusional. 2020 Lobby Day did exactly NOTHING for our side.

It did provide intel for the .gov.

Also it was EXTREAMELY reassuring to them that "we" are no actual threat.

We don't know for sure what might have actually accomplished something. Maybe, perhaps leaving all the guns at home but bringing hand tools and tents? Tearing down the fences and camping on the lawn for weeks???

I don't claim to have an answer, but I can tell you that in the big picture, only a tiny number of people in a little dinky state were affected by lobby day.

People were scared of the unknown on lobby day. Nobody knew what *might* happen. The fear was some nutball setting off a tragic chain reaction. Virtually NOBODY was scared of fathers, mothers, teachers, plumbers, etc standing around with guns. Lobby day PROVED that without some kind of radical lighting a fuse there is ZERO to be worried or afraid of since it's clearly proven to be a bunch of useless posturing.

At this point in American history, Civil disobedience that puts fear into tyrants is going to require stashing the guns and getting out different tools.

Right now, the Canadians have found a working formula. It remains to be seen how effective .gov countermeasures will be and whether the Canadian people can out last them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#45]
You arrest people for supporting an unlawful activity when there's been no arrests for said unlawful activity?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Video in tweet
View Quote

WOW.

When you have poles maybe old enough to have been in the solidarity movement show up and basically say we came from communism, at least than we were allowed to go to church, we want a free country ...
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote:

Terry Fox attempted to do a marathon across Canada to bring funds and attention to cancer treatment. He did not complete his trek.

Politicizing that statue is inherently disrespectful, and he isn't a political symbol. /Quote

Unless...

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's awesome.

Cab overs are the order of the day over there.
Page / 288
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top