Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 288
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Ottawa City Council just so fucking sleazy.

Hard to watch.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL they are jammin to eminem.  

View Quote

'Need some N.W.A...

One track in particular
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Excellent read!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thread needs more hope.

Here:
https://maybury.ca/the-reformed-physicist/2022/02/03/a-night-with-the-untouchables/
A night with the untouchables

I live in downtown Ottawa, right in the middle of the trucker convoy protest. They are literally camped out below my bedroom window. My new neighbours moved in on Friday and they seem determined to stay. I have read a lot about what my new neighbours are supposedly like, mostly from reporters and columnists who write from distant vantage points somewhere in the media heartland of Canada. Apparently the people who inhabit the patch of asphalt next to my bedroom are white supremacists, racists, hatemongers, pseudo-Trumpian grifters, and even QAnon-style nutters. I have a perfect view down Kent Street – the absolute ground zero of the convoy. In the morning, I see some protesters emerge from their trucks to stretch their legs, but mostly throughout the day they remain in their cabs honking their horns. At night I see small groups huddled in quiet conversations in their new found companionship. There is no honking at night. What I haven’t noticed, not even once, are reporters from any of Canada’s news agencies walking among the trucks to find out who these people are. So last night, I decided to do just that – I introduced myself to my new neighbours.
The Convoy on Kent Street. February 2, 2022.

At 10pm I started my walk along – and in – Kent Street. I felt nervous. Would these people shout at me? My clothes, my demeanour, even the way I walk screamed that I’m an outsider. All the trucks were aglow in the late evening mist, idling to maintain warmth, but all with ominously dark interiors. Standing in the middle of the convoy, I felt completely alone as though these giant monsters weren’t piloted by people but were instead autonomous transformer robots from some science fiction universe that had gone into recharging mode for the night. As I moved along I started to notice smatterings of people grouped together between the cabs sharing cigarettes or enjoying light laughs. I kept quiet and moved on. Nearby, I spotted a heavy duty pickup truck, and seeing the silhouette of a person in the driver’s seat, I waved. A young man, probably in his mid 20s, rolled down the window, said hello and I introduced myself. His girlfriend was reclined against the passenger side door with a pillow to proper her up as she watched a movie on her phone. I could easily tell it’s been an uncomfortable few nights. I asked how they felt and I told them I lived across the street. Immediate surprise washed over the young man’s face. He said, “You must hate us. But no one honks past 6pm!” That’s true. As someone who lives right on top of the convoy, there is no noise at night. I said, “No, I don’t hate anyone, but I wanted to find out about you.” The two were from Sudbury Ontario, having arrived on Friday with the bulk of the truckers. I ask what they hoped to achieve, and what they wanted. The young woman in the passenger seat moved forward, excited to share. They said that they didn’t want a country that forced people to get medical treatments such as vaccines. There was no hint of conspiracy theories in their conversation with me, not a hint of racist overtones or hateful demagoguery. I didn’t ask them if they had taken the vaccine, but they were adamant that they were not anti-vaxers.

The next man I ran into was standing in front of the big trucks at the head of the intersection. Past middle age and slightly rotund, he had a face that suggests a lifetime of working outdoors. I introduced myself and he told me we was from Cochrane, Ontario. He also proudly pointed out that he was the block captain who helped maintain order. I thought, oh no, he might be the one person keeping a lid on things; is it all that precarious? I delicately asked how hard his job was to keep the peace but I quickly learned that’s not really what he did. He organized the garbage collection among the cabs, put together snow removal crews to shovel the sidewalks and clear the snow that accumulates on the road. He even has a salting crew for the sidewalks. He proudly bellowed in an irrepressible laugh “We’re taking care of the roads and sidewalks better than the city.” I waved goodbye and continued to the next block.

My next encounter was with a man dressed in dark blue shop-floor coveralls. A wiry man of upper middle age, he seemed taciturn and stood a bit separated from the small crowd that formed behind his cab for a late night smoke. He hailed from the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia. He owned his own rig, but he only drove truck occasionally, his main job being a self-employed heavy duty mechanic. He closed his shop to drive to Ottawa, because he said, “I don’t want my new granddaughter to live in a country that would strip the livelihood from someone for not getting vaccinated.” He introduced me to the group beside us. A younger crowd, I can remember their bearded faces, from Athabasca, Alberta, and Swift Current Saskatchewan. The weather had warmed, and it began to rain slightly, but they too were excited to tell me why they came to Ottawa. They felt that they needed to stand up to a government that doesn’t understand what their lives are like. To be honest, I don’t know what their lives are like either – a group of young men who work outside all day with tools that they don’t even own. Vaccine mandates are a bridge too far for them. But again, not a hint of anti-vax conspiracy theories or deranged ideology.

I made my way back through the trucks, my next stop leading me to a man of East Indian descent in conversation with a young man from Sylvan Lake, Alberta. They told me how they were following the news of O’Toole’s departure from the Conservative leadership and that they didn’t like how in government so much power has pooled into so few hands.

The rain began to get harder; I moved quickly through the intersection to the next block. This time I waved at a driver in one of the big rigs. Through the rain it was hard to see him, but he introduced himself, an older man, he had driven up from New Brunswick to lend his support. Just behind him some young men from Gaspésie, Quebec introduced themselves to me in their best English. At that time people started to notice me – this man from Ottawa who lives across the street – just having honest conversations with the convoy. Many felt a deep sense of abuse by a powerful government and that no one thinks they matter.

Behind the crowd from Gaspésie sat a stretch van, the kind you often see associated with industrial cleaners. I could see the shadow of a man leaning out from the back as he placed a small charcoal BBQ on the sidewalk next to his vehicle. He introduced himself and told me he was from one of the reservations on Manitoulin Island. Here I was in conversation with an Indigenous man who was fiercely proud to be part of the convoy. He showed me his medicine wheel and he pointed to its colours, red, black, white, and yellow. He said there is a message of healing in there for all the human races, that we can come together because we are all human. He said, “If you ever find yourself on Manitoulin Island, come to my reserve, I would love to show you my community.” I realized that I was witnessing something profound; I don’t know how to fully express it.

As the night wore on and the rain turned to snow, those conversations repeated themselves. The man from Newfoundland with his bullmastiff, a young couple from British Columbia, the group from Winnipeg that together form what they call “Manitoba Corner ” all of them with similar stories. At Manitoba Corner a boisterous heavily tattooed man spoke to me from the cab of his dually pickup truck – a man who had a look that would have fit right in on the set of some motorcycle movie – pointed out that there are no symbols of hate in the convoy. He said, “Yes there was some clown with a Nazi flag on the weekend, and we don’t know where he’s from, but I’ll tell you what, if we see anyone with a Nazi flag or a Confederate flag, we’ll kick his fucking teeth in. No one’s a Nazi here.” Manitoba Corner all gave a shout out to that.

As I finally made my way back home, after talking to dozens of truckers into the night, I realized I met someone from every province except PEI. They all have a deep love for this country. They believe in it. They believe in Canadians. These are the people that Canada relies on to build its infrastructure, deliver its goods, and fill the ranks of its military in times of war. The overwhelming concern they have is that the vaccine mandates are creating an untouchable class of Canadians. They didn’t make high-falutin arguments from Plato’s Republic, Locke’s treatises, or Bagehot’s interpretation of Westminster parliamentary systems. Instead, they see their government willing to push a class of people outside the boundaries of society, deny them a livelihood, and deny them full membership in the most welcoming country in the world; and they said enough. Last night I learned my new neighbours are not a monstrous faceless occupying mob. They are our moral conscience reminding us – with every blow of their horns – what we should have never forgotten: We are not a country that makes an untouchable class out of our citizens.

Don't punk out and TL DR. Juice is worth the squeeze.

Excellent read!

Read that the other day.
It is a good read !
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Has the protest squeezed the supply chain yet?

I'm not hearing of any problems.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hard to watch.
View Quote

Heh. It's like watching those demons in Oly.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thread needs more hope.

Here:
https://maybury.ca/the-reformed-physicist/2022/02/03/a-night-with-the-untouchables/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thread needs more hope.

Here:

I live in downtown Ottawa, right in the middle of the trucker convoy protest. They are literally camped out below my bedroom window. My new neighbours moved in on Friday and they seem determined to stay. I have read a lot about what my new neighbours are supposedly like, mostly from reporters and columnists who write from distant vantage points somewhere in the media heartland of Canada. Apparently the people who inhabit the patch of asphalt next to my bedroom are white supremacists, racists, hatemongers, pseudo-Trumpian grifters, and even QAnon-style nutters. I have a perfect view down Kent Street – the absolute ground zero of the convoy. In the morning, I see some protesters emerge from their trucks to stretch their legs, but mostly throughout the day they remain in their cabs honking their horns. At night I see small groups huddled in quiet conversations in their new found companionship. There is no honking at night. What I haven’t noticed, not even once, are reporters from any of Canada’s news agencies walking among the trucks to find out who these people are. So last night, I decided to do just that – I introduced myself to my new neighbours.

At 10pm I started my walk along – and in – Kent Street. I felt nervous. Would these people shout at me? My clothes, my demeanour, even the way I walk screamed that I’m an outsider. All the trucks were aglow in the late evening mist, idling to maintain warmth, but all with ominously dark interiors. Standing in the middle of the convoy, I felt completely alone as though these giant monsters weren’t piloted by people but were instead autonomous transformer robots from some science fiction universe that had gone into recharging mode for the night. As I moved along I started to notice smatterings of people grouped together between the cabs sharing cigarettes or enjoying light laughs. I kept quiet and moved on. Nearby, I spotted a heavy duty pickup truck, and seeing the silhouette of a person in the driver’s seat, I waved. A young man, probably in his mid 20s, rolled down the window, said hello and I introduced myself. His girlfriend was reclined against the passenger side door with a pillow to proper her up as she watched a movie on her phone. I could easily tell it’s been an uncomfortable few nights. I asked how they felt and I told them I lived across the street. Immediate surprise washed over the young man’s face. He said, “You must hate us. But no one honks past 6pm!” That’s true. As someone who lives right on top of the convoy, there is no noise at night. I said, “No, I don’t hate anyone, but I wanted to find out about you.” The two were from Sudbury Ontario, having arrived on Friday with the bulk of the truckers. I ask what they hoped to achieve, and what they wanted. The young woman in the passenger seat moved forward, excited to share. They said that they didn’t want a country that forced people to get medical treatments such as vaccines. There was no hint of conspiracy theories in their conversation with me, not a hint of racist overtones or hateful demagoguery. I didn’t ask them if they had taken the vaccine, but they were adamant that they were not anti-vaxers.

The next man I ran into was standing in front of the big trucks at the head of the intersection. Past middle age and slightly rotund, he had a face that suggests a lifetime of working outdoors. I introduced myself and he told me we was from Cochrane, Ontario. He also proudly pointed out that he was the block captain who helped maintain order. I thought, oh no, he might be the one person keeping a lid on things; is it all that precarious? I delicately asked how hard his job was to keep the peace but I quickly learned that’s not really what he did. He organized the garbage collection among the cabs, put together snow removal crews to shovel the sidewalks and clear the snow that accumulates on the road. He even has a salting crew for the sidewalks. He proudly bellowed in an irrepressible laugh “We’re taking care of the roads and sidewalks better than the city.” I waved goodbye and continued to the next block.

My next encounter was with a man dressed in dark blue shop-floor coveralls. A wiry man of upper middle age, he seemed taciturn and stood a bit separated from the small crowd that formed behind his cab for a late night smoke. He hailed from the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia. He owned his own rig, but he only drove truck occasionally, his main job being a self-employed heavy duty mechanic. He closed his shop to drive to Ottawa, because he said, “I don’t want my new granddaughter to live in a country that would strip the livelihood from someone for not getting vaccinated.” He introduced me to the group beside us. A younger crowd, I can remember their bearded faces, from Athabasca, Alberta, and Swift Current Saskatchewan. The weather had warmed, and it began to rain slightly, but they too were excited to tell me why they came to Ottawa. They felt that they needed to stand up to a government that doesn’t understand what their lives are like. To be honest, I don’t know what their lives are like either – a group of young men who work outside all day with tools that they don’t even own. Vaccine mandates are a bridge too far for them. But again, not a hint of anti-vax conspiracy theories or deranged ideology.

I made my way back through the trucks, my next stop leading me to a man of East Indian descent in conversation with a young man from Sylvan Lake, Alberta. They told me how they were following the news of O’Toole’s departure from the Conservative leadership and that they didn’t like how in government so much power has pooled into so few hands.

The rain began to get harder; I moved quickly through the intersection to the next block. This time I waved at a driver in one of the big rigs. Through the rain it was hard to see him, but he introduced himself, an older man, he had driven up from New Brunswick to lend his support. Just behind him some young men from Gaspésie, Quebec introduced themselves to me in their best English. At that time people started to notice me – this man from Ottawa who lives across the street – just having honest conversations with the convoy. Many felt a deep sense of abuse by a powerful government and that no one thinks they matter.

Behind the crowd from Gaspésie sat a stretch van, the kind you often see associated with industrial cleaners. I could see the shadow of a man leaning out from the back as he placed a small charcoal BBQ on the sidewalk next to his vehicle. He introduced himself and told me he was from one of the reservations on Manitoulin Island. Here I was in conversation with an Indigenous man who was fiercely proud to be part of the convoy. He showed me his medicine wheel and he pointed to its colours, red, black, white, and yellow. He said there is a message of healing in there for all the human races, that we can come together because we are all human. He said, “If you ever find yourself on Manitoulin Island, come to my reserve, I would love to show you my community.” I realized that I was witnessing something profound; I don’t know how to fully express it.

As the night wore on and the rain turned to snow, those conversations repeated themselves. The man from Newfoundland with his bullmastiff, a young couple from British Columbia, the group from Winnipeg that together form what they call “Manitoba Corner ” all of them with similar stories. At Manitoba Corner a boisterous heavily tattooed man spoke to me from the cab of his dually pickup truck – a man who had a look that would have fit right in on the set of some motorcycle movie – pointed out that there are no symbols of hate in the convoy. He said, “Yes there was some clown with a Nazi flag on the weekend, and we don’t know where he’s from, but I’ll tell you what, if we see anyone with a Nazi flag or a Confederate flag, we’ll kick his fucking teeth in. No one’s a Nazi here.” Manitoba Corner all gave a shout out to that.

As I finally made my way back home, after talking to dozens of truckers into the night, I realized I met someone from every province except PEI. They all have a deep love for this country. They believe in it. They believe in Canadians. These are the people that Canada relies on to build its infrastructure, deliver its goods, and fill the ranks of its military in times of war. The overwhelming concern they have is that the vaccine mandates are creating an untouchable class of Canadians. They didn’t make high-falutin arguments from Plato’s Republic, Locke’s treatises, or Bagehot’s interpretation of Westminster parliamentary systems. Instead, they see their government willing to push a class of people outside the boundaries of society, deny them a livelihood, and deny them full membership in the most welcoming country in the world; and they said enough. Last night I learned my new neighbours are not a monstrous faceless occupying mob. They are our moral conscience reminding us – with every blow of their horns – what we should have never forgotten: We are not a country that makes an untouchable class out of our citizens.

that dude's going to get cancelled bigly for writing that
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Do Judges in Canada make law?  Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit, ABC news broke their cherry and just had a story on it.
I guess things are getting a bit sporty at the Detroit border crossing in to Windsor.

I fucking hate that Muir asshole, but he seemed to side with the Canadian truckers, which is HIGHLY unusual for him and that network.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Imagine if they hire outside tow truck companies and when they show up they join the protest.
View Quote

And bring more fuel.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just had to see what the Left was saying about the Truckers and

According to the Left the truckers are trying to burn folks alive in their apartments for speaking out against them.

Violence and fights breaking out everywhere.

A few quotes...

"The people in this convoy all hate Antifa and BLM and then they go out and try something neither group would ever do.
My recommendation is to sentence these individuals to watch their vehicles be taken to the Canadian Army base at Kingston and be used for antitank rocket targets. They could even have a contest between the Canadian Army and the 10th Mountain Division."

For many of them that truck or tractor is their livelihood. A well placed Molotov or paintball could take it out and their insurance would probably be no good to replace it.

Maybe it's what happens when Putin and the Mercers are paying you to 'demonstrate'.

They went out looking for a fight and any excuse will do. Now they can be violent and feel vindicated, as in their minds, it was for a worthy cause. "FREEDOM!!!" They all think they are Mel Gibson in Braveheart evidently.

Yes and they crave conflict and violence!

just LOCK the violent people up!!! Be strong Trudeau!

They are literally occupying the city and have refused to leave until their demands of white patriarchy are met, when in fact the Canadian government isn't even involved (they should be protesting at the province level).

This is fucking MOB FASCISM against the duly elected Canadian government. We need the military involved stat or there could be hundreds or quite literally thousands of BIPOC and Jewish Canadians assaulted or dead from this foreign occupation.

Trudeau has allowed this anarchy and domestic terrorism to go on far too long.

They are businesses. They can be sued.

If you want to protest, you do it on your own two feet without a 10 ton weapon / compensating toy to make your so-called "protest" look bigger than it is.
And:
- threatening to sexually assault a woman,
-Attacking a guy in a wheelchair ,
-being assaulted by so-called freedom fighters for taking pictures,
-Mobs forcing people to remove masks to get on the LRT,
-Mobs assaulting/tearing mask off seniors at bus stop,
-Mobs throwing rocks at ambulances and shouting racist slurs,
-Women at a local emergency shelter terrorized by the constant honking and angry men outside
-Staff and volunteers at a downtown shelter were threatened until they provided food to mob instead of homeless people,
-assaults on homeless people,
-racial slurs at Black personal support workers,
-Noise torture by constant horn blowing
and attempting a coup of our democratically elected parliament is not protesting.
It's domestic terrorism. Period.

View Quote

The degree of detachment from reality that these people display is truly staggering
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do Judges in Canada make law?  Interesting.
View Quote

Just like in blue states, they think they do.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And bring more fuel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine if they hire outside tow truck companies and when they show up they join the protest.

And bring more fuel.

They have been doing that for a week and haven't towed fuck all !!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Truckers should put up some BLM flags.  Politicians and MSM would pop a blood vessel trying to figure out what to do.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone had said something about an old man being arrested for honking his horn.  Here you go.

"Offense to beep your horn" Ottawa Police Jones Arrests Old Man
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Council meeting still going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6CfY_IKVw
View Quote

Wait, as part of their funds request discussion, they're now claiming that the protest shut businesses down NOT the government.

So if the .gov lockdown is over, all those Ottawa businesses should open back up and serve the truckers and all the downtown visitors.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes it is.

Sadly, what the government is teaching the people is that peaceful protesting doesn't work. And that is a VERY bad thing to teach the public.
View Quote

exactly
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

22k people watching Viva Frei's livestream today. Couple other YT livestreams have multiple thousands of viewers.

Seems like State of Emergency/threats from police may have had the opposite of intended effect, and are attracting even more attention to the cause.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

22k people watching Viva Frei's livestream today. Couple other YT livestreams have multiple thousands of viewers.

Seems like State of Emergency/threats from police may have had the opposite of intended effect, and are attracting even more attention to the cause.

Live count was up to about 35k on TY & Rumble. 515,000 after 5 hours on YT!
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dagger41 posted a few pages back, a memo from somewhere in the Canadian gov, that shit was running out and something needed done.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Someone had said something about an old man being arrested for honking his horn.  Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUEPsuDLs0A
View Quote

Ohhh that's a very bad optic.

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hard to watch.
View Quote

Ottawa City council is going nuts. 5+hour meeting.
Live:
Ottawa City Council - Special Meeting - 7 February 2022

First motion. (funny thing is Viva Frei talked to the Trans protester today (same one as last week) who said they were harassed by the Counter protesters Saturday)
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

JFC, white patriarchy?  Really?  These fucks don't even know what it means.  And claiming truckers are craving violence, projecting their own fascism (which again, they don't seem to understand the definition of)...,  so pathetic.  I almost feel bad for these arrogant asshats.

View Quote

It's their typical buzzword salad; they hear all of these things mentioned in a negative light and just throw the words together hoping it means something.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it is.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Chief of RCMP WAS ASKED IF THEY CAN SEIZE VEHICLES, now or a month from now after this is over.  

He said they are exploring all aspects of law and if they can pass legislation to make it possible.  

Insane. It is basically "Let's rob our citizens as they make us look like fools!"
View Quote

Does Canada have any legal protections in place against Ex Post Facto laws?

An ex post facto law is considered a hallmark of tyranny because it deprives people of a sense of what behavior will or will not be punished and allows for random punishment at the whim of those in power. The prohibition of ex post facto laws was an imperative in colonial America.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

i'm curious too.   i assumed the predictions of mass starvation etc were wildly overblown, but still, there should be SOME impact after what, 14 days?   this thread started on 24JAN, which means truckers weren't running routes on the 24th.  one would think even a decrease of 10% of total trucking capacity would be somewhat disruptive but perhaps supply is a little more resilient than anticipated.    

if as reported, 20% of truckers are participating, does that mean the other 80 have increased their workload to compensate?

(the gauge I use to measure shortages is supply-oriented REEEEE posts on reddit, of which i've seen none)
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Good summary of the City council meeting.
OTTAWA PLOT CONTINUES: Council Demands DOUBLE Police and TRIPLE Penalties
OTTAWA under PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE from FREEDOM TRUCKERS Launches COUNTER-INSURGENCY
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oof.  That video needs to get out there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't speak to much, but a friend is in the chemical and petroleum industry (they make stuff that goes into all sorts of oils like what Foxtrot08 would use), and he said this afternoon this is causing some harsh affects on their incoming and outgoing shipments of both materials and finished goods.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#29]
The city council thinks they can council their way out of this, lol.  They don't realize they have exactly as much power as the people let them have.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

i'm curious too.   i assumed the predictions of mass starvation etc were wildly overblown, but still, there should be SOME impact after what, 14 days?   this thread started on 24JAN, which means truckers weren't running routes on the 24th.  one would think even a decrease of 10% of total trucking capacity would be somewhat disruptive but perhaps supply is a little more resilient than anticipated.    

if as reported, 20% of truckers are participating, does that mean the other 80 have increased their workload to compensate?

(the gauge I use to measure shortages is supply-oriented REEEEE posts on reddit, of which i've seen none)
View Quote

I haven't seen anything significant either.... and the supply chain was already fragile before the protest started.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Live:
First motion. (funny thing is Viva Frei talked to the Trans protester today (same one as last week) who said they were harassed by the Counter protesters Saturday)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255543/motiion1_jpg-2270784.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255543/motiion1a_jpg-2270788.JPG
View Quote

Faggots and degenerates is all they care about, not normal Canadians.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Degenerates are all they care about, not normal Canadians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Live:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255543/motiion1_jpg-2270784.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255543/motiion1a_jpg-2270788.JPG

Degenerates are all they care about, not normal Canadians.

And we wonder why our western nation's economies are so bad.

They care about their social causes, their special-victim prefix groups, and their stock portfolio.
The end.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I have followed this thread from the beginning and pretty much read every post.  Maybe my question is Taboo but
how armed are these protesters?   If shit goes hot, are they able to defend themselves.  I'm guessing there is a fare amount
of fire power in that convoy.  This is a topic that really hasn't be discussed and maybe it shouldn't be, just curious what
the gut feeling is out there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#34]
God damn.  Listening to Justin is infuriating.  What a limp wristed cock sucker.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"Give them a dead line, have riot police present and who ever doesn't leave, we act. We do something..."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are talking about towing, arresting people for delivering fuel and disrupting the crowd funding.

"Give them a dead line, have riot police present and who ever doesn't leave, we act. We do something..."

No questions asking, what are their demands, are they reasonable and worthy of discussion? No, just how can we thwart this "insurrection". Piss on that city council.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thread needs more hope.

Here:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thread needs more hope.

Here:

The media's worst nightmare, people realizing were all just humans and trying to survive. Division is such a powerful tool.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The wacky-waving-inflatable-arm-flailing-tube-man industrial complex must be stopped.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good summary of the City council meeting.
OTTAWA PLOT CONTINUES: Council Demands DOUBLE Police and TRIPLE Penalties
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIleWSkWSww
View Quote

These people are SO stupid.

YOU ALREADY TOOK THE TRUCKER'S ABILITY TO HAVE A JOB. YOU CANNOT TAKE WHAT IS NOT THERE.

These people are EPIC level mental midgets!

This is what happens when you take everything you can away from someone: THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE.

*massive face palm.*

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have followed this thread from the beginning and pretty much read every post.  Maybe my question is Taboo but
how armed are these protesters?   If shit goes hot, are they able to defend themselves.  I'm guessing there is a fare amount
of fire power in that convoy.  This is a topic that really hasn't be discussed and maybe it shouldn't be, just curious what
View Quote

It doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm spreading it as much as I can.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't do FB or twitter.  But I am sending it to friends and family that do.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The article from the local guy who talked to the truckers was pretty good.

It's ridiculous to believe that the local homosexuals think the truckers would attack them. Ottawa has never been safer than with hordes of Canadian truckers camped out all over town.
View Quote

They're just upset the truckers don't want to date them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, the old guy was scary as fuck they arrested

He beeped his minivan horn.......

It's acts like this that drive defund movements
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not the protestors in Ottawa you have to worry about and I'm sure they will fare pretty well.
The Trans Canada Highway alone is 4,680 miles long, every town and city along that road is supporting what is going on.
Not to mention the cities and towns to the North and South of the TCH.

The government knows this all too well, they also thought they had a lid on it.

They don't.
Not even close.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wait, as part of their funds request discussion, they're now claiming that the protest shut businesses down NOT the government.

So if the .gov lockdown is over, all those Ottawa businesses should open back up and serve the truckers and all the downtown visitors.
View Quote
Viva Frei walked into a pub today on his stream. He asked if they were open, they said yes but that no one could eat inside that wasn't vaxxed, so the truckers weren't coming in and neither were locals "because protest". It highlighted perfectly why the truckers are protesting.
Eta: it was gov rules the pub were abiding.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

WOW, I was rooting for the Leprechaun to disappear and come back and open a can of whop ass on those thugs.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's not the protestors in Ottawa you have to worry about and I'm sure they will fare pretty will.
The Trans Canada Highway alone is 4,680 miles long, every town and city along that road is supporting what is going on.

They don't.
Not even close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not the protestors in Ottawa you have to worry about and I'm sure they will fare pretty will.

They don't.
Not even close.

No.. They absolutely do not have a lid on it.  The world is seeing who the aggressors are and are siding with the truckers.  The amount of support in Canada is huge.  

All over Canada!  The Canadian .gov had ruined the livelihoods of a shit load of their citizens..  The Canadian .gov have kicked a huge hornets nest.  

Cant stop the signal..
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now go stand in front of a mirror and say that to yourself, trudeau.

Oh, the irony.

You are literally fighting for the ability to keep doing exactly those things.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Retard should look in a mirror and say that...

ETA:
Wow, beat like a mule.
Page / 288
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top