Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 288
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are all Canadians bilingual?  If not, how do you guys even know what these french guys are saying?  They have a translator, but I can't hear him.
View Quote

I don't know any French.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If these dipshits are gonna start towing trucks, Canadians need to go to every junkyard in the country and buy up every 500 dollar car. Drive or tow the sombitches to Ottawa, park them wherever the hell they want, and pull the plates and walk away.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Brilliant plan Brandeau, bring pissed off Americans into the fight.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Brilliant plan Brandeau, bring pissed off Americans into the fight.
View Quote

He's a liberal..  Liberal and brilliance don't go hand in hand.  Projecting and throwing tantrums however...
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Ottawa Police are exempt from Vax mandate.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2308517
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You are getting a BIG face full of democracy right now Mr. prime minister.
Reread the definition before you use that word again.
View Quote

One might call it a democracy facial. Seems like he’d be into that sort of thing though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He's a liberal..  Liberal and brilliance don't go hand in hand.  Projecting and throwing tantrums however...
View Quote

True
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't know any French.
View Quote
Now you do

Pardon My French, But You're an Asshole!

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

About the only type of protester they can handle.
View Quote

If that particular agency is going to excuse actual criminals and enforce immoral edicts of dictators on people who object to such, then that’s a police agency we don’t need. Defund them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ottawa Police are exempt from Vax mandate.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2308517
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Didn't the FBI and DHS say they were going to help a day or two ago?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is escalating in a way that should make everyone involved concerned.

Lashing out wildly is never a good sign. It’s particularly troubling when you consider that Canadian authorities have absolutely no jurisdiction over American citizens on American soil. I would assume someone in his shoes would be well aware of that. And therefore I’m forced to believe that he knows he cannot control the situation he wants to control & is attempting to control other things.

Hopefully someone close to him can reel him in & get him reattached to reality before his outbursts lead to bloodshed.

Didn't the FBI and DHS say they were going to help a day or two ago?

I was kinda expecting the FBI would join in at some point
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are these chuckle fucks talking about.
There are live stream vids out there with hours & hours of tape from all the protest areas & none of the things they are accusing the protesters of doing were seen by me. Do Canadians really believe this crap?
Show me one alleged assault.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#15]

they are so special

but fuck the Truckers

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The cops he is talking to seem like they are not interested in being thugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uottowascotty found some US trucks..  

He is also saying that some of the truckers may have negotiated a meeting with some parliament members for tomorrow?  Anyone heard this elsewhere?
The cops he is talking to seem like they are not interested in being thugs.

That is why they will have to bring in outside law enforcement. The ones that have been there see firsthand that this is a peaceful political demonstration.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lashing out wildly is never a good sign. It’s particularly troubling when you consider that Canadian authorities have absolutely no jurisdiction over American citizens on American soil. I would assume someone in his shoes would be well aware of that. And therefore I’m forced to believe that he knows he cannot control the situation he wants to control & is attempting to control other things.

Hopefully someone close to him can reel him in & get him reattached to reality before his outbursts lead to bloodshed.
View Quote

I believe there is an extradition treaty with Canada. I don't know how that will play into this.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Hit it. Come at me bro.
I don’t give a fuck, my name’s Dave.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They are saying people are trolling the cops with jerry cans with drinks in them.  

Guy just walked by the cops with a jerry can and tipped it up and took a chug out of it!  

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hit it. Come at me bro.
I don’t give a fuck, my name’s Dave.
View Quote

i understood that reference!

Same here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdR4I5jfcb0
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Those cops need many swift kicks to the balls.

Wait, they don't have any.

Piece of shit brown shirt jackbooted thugs arresting an old man for honking his horn. .
View Quote

The best thing about the last two years has been all the normies seeing the cops true colors. Beating up old people who want to honk horns or go to church, ignoring violent riots and church burnings.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I believe there is an extradition treaty with Canada. I don't know how that will play into this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lashing out wildly is never a good sign. It's particularly troubling when you consider that Canadian authorities have absolutely no jurisdiction over American citizens on American soil. I would assume someone in his shoes would be well aware of that. And therefore I'm forced to believe that he knows he cannot control the situation he wants to control & is attempting to control other things.

Principle of double criminality. If the act isn't criminal in the US as well as Canada, they can't extradite. If they come to take me into custody for donating $100 to the Canuck truckers, I'm filling the sprinklers with gasoline and going out in a blaze of glory.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What are these chuckle fucks talking about.
There are live stream vids out there with hours & hours of tape from all the protest areas & none of the things they are accusing the protesters of doing were seen by me. Do Canadians really believe this crap?
Show me one alleged assault.
View Quote

Lol dude, look around here in the US.  There's probably a fair number of Canadians that swallow CBC propaganda and the discussions of those goddamn Martians like it was mothers milk.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Principle of double criminality. If the act isn't criminal in the US as well as Canada, they can't extradite. If they come to take me into custody for donating $100 to the Canuck truckers, I'm filling the sprinklers with gasoline and going out in a blaze of glory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lashing out wildly is never a good sign. It's particularly troubling when you consider that Canadian authorities have absolutely no jurisdiction over American citizens on American soil. I would assume someone in his shoes would be well aware of that. And therefore I'm forced to believe that he knows he cannot control the situation he wants to control & is attempting to control other things.

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

After seeing what has become of the Jan6 folks can you really discount some truly insane action by DC's elite to help protect Ottawas?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wonder if we'll start to see Americans get arrested at the border crossings or airport arrivals since they made a list. Imagine if a bunch of US truckers donated and they can't cross the border anymore.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Cristo11
Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is that bagged milk territory?
View Quote

yes, but no.
bagged milk is illegal in Alberta.

Doesn't fluffy have that as his sig anymore?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Trudeau and crew just keep doubling down on stupid and lashing out- they've got to see they've essentially lost control of the narrative at this point which means either cooler, smarter heads manage to get them under control or things are about to get real sporty.  I think Castro's stupid bastard is willing to burn it all down in an effort to keep to his insane globalist agenda.  Here's hoping the rank and file officers realize the errors of their ways, refuse to follow tyrannical leaders and stand down before bad things happen.  Nothing CoC compliant to say about any US personnel who would assist Canada's draconian thugs in this internal conflict.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#31]
@Fluffythecat @Dagger41 <- Hate to do the @ thing but you two really are the opinions I'd like on the question at a bare minimum, all other Canadian opinions are also very appreciated.

Do you really think they're going to ban Trucker donors at the border?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Trudeau and crew just keep doubling down on stupid and lashing out- they've got to see they've essentially lost control of the narrative at this point which means either cooler, smarter heads manage to get them under control or things are about to get real sporty.  I think Castro's stupid bastard is willing to burn it all down in an effort to keep to his insane globalist agenda.  Here's hoping the rank and file officers realize the errors of their ways, refuse to follow tyrannical leaders and stand down before bad things happen.  Nothing CoC compliant to say about any US personnel who would assist Canada's draconian thugs in this internal conflict.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

i understood that reference!

Same here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdR4I5jfcb0
View Quote

You ever write out two paragraphs and delete it because “nah, let’s leave some things to the imagination”? Suffice to say these fucks surely already have a file on me. Fuck em if they can’t take a honk.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:23:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Come and get me fools.
View Quote

Yep.  Come on down and slap the cuffs on me.

I’ll put a brisket on because the fucking Okies will fuck you up before we ever get a chance to play.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think that's irrelevant.   My gut feeling is that by and large, the protesters are smart enough to know what they're doing and willing to risk getting shot on video without fighting back.  I am sure almost everyone on both sides hopes it doesn't come to that, but I am likewise sure everyone down there (cops and protesters alike) are all well aware that video of the government forces coming in and going full on Tiananmen Square on protesters (who already have the support of well over half of Canada) who were peacefully congregating with bouncy castles and kids and live entertainment, would galvanize the public against the government to a degree it would never be able to survive in any long term way.    So I expect there may be a gun or two under some truck seats, but even if there are, if the RCMP starts shooting people, I don't expect to see armed resistance on the spot.  I'd expect that to happen down the road in subsequent engagements.

On the other hand, I am sure the powers that be in the government that aren't outright stupid (which to be fair, there seem to be a lot of those), can do the math here.    There are only 3 ways out of this:

1) Truckers go home without winning or gaining anything.    My redneck analysis: that is not gonna happen without a Tiananmen Square class crackdown; and even if they pull that level of atrocity to regain control, the government's long term odds of surviving that are near zero, so not all that likely - but possible.

2) The government caves and gives people what they want.   My redneck analysis: that's not ever going to happen as long as Turdhole is in charge, he is a card carrying textbook example of a narcissist, and the hallmark of that particular disorder is that they are for all practical purposes, incapable of backing down/admitting they were wrong.   So as long as he's the boss, the only way out is the Tiananmen Square option.  So this is still possible, but not that likely.

3) Some other people in the government who aren't wasting their time whining about stupid s**t in zoom calls, will get together and oust Turdhole's regime, overturn the covid mandates, and become the hero and savior of the people, by nature of which they can probably do no wrong for the next 2 or 3 election cycles.    My redneck analysis: This is easily our odds on favorite.  Any political leader with even one small whit of political savvy (and if they don't have that, how did they get to be a political leader?) should be absolutely salivating at the possibility of taking power and keeping it for a long time to come.   They should be whispering "my precious, my precious" to themselves every waking minute about now.

So we'll see how right I am as this plays out - my money's on 3; I'd bet $1 that there are, as we speak, political leaders of all stripes, quietly but frantically working on back room, side room, and under the table deals to overturn the Turdhole regime and position themselves to take over in his absence.    Nobody's there yet, but once one of them gets their knives sharp enough to make a move, it will happen so fast it'll make peoples heads spin.

View Quote

Honest question.  Could can.gov use this as an opportunity to socialize/nationalize the trucking industry?  It would be a cluster, but could they use military to move goods until they are able to rebuild the industry under gov control?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/ypF4qjv/69-F108-A8-714-D-4-A02-8904-2266-D18-A8-F67.jpg

People just basically got blacklisted from Canada for life.
View Quote

It would be a shame if people were donating and using the "show name as" function to get various liberals added to the Canadian watch lists.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It would be a shame if people were donating and using the "show name as" function to get various liberals added to the Canadian watch lists.
View Quote

I have a bunch of visa gift cards.  Any way to use those?  Send those “I donated in your name” to all the libs on my Christmas card list?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know very little about Canadian politics except for what little I gleaned from visiting a few times up there in the last few years.

Some politicians are licking their chops because they know for certain there is no way for Turdeau to win. So, if they think they can get away with it, they'll shitcan his whole regime and "usher in a new unity party coalition". Dumbdeau has to be getting calls from members of his own party telling him he's committing suicide for them all. He may be too much of a narcissistic arrogant prick to listen, though.

My guess is he'll get slapped with a no-confidence vote and be out by the end of the week. The rest of the politicians know going stasi on the truckers would end their careers and only end up causing the whole country to descend into chaos. They like their cushy, do-nothing power trips so anything that upsets the apple cart is a no-go. They'll use the example that the UK and several other countries are dropping all their mandates so they will as well. Both the truckers and the .gov will declare victory and go back to doing normal Canadian stuff.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Always interesting to see politicians justify ANY action against them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

In other words, since he can’t beat on his wife to any effect he’s gonna go try and kick the dog.

Good luck with that Castro Jr.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Windsor Ambassador Bridge is completed blockaded now
View Quote
Google maps traffic feature is showing a 10 mile road closure on the Canadian side.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:41:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Lashing out wildly is never a good sign.
It’s particularly troubling when you consider that Canadian authorities have absolutely no jurisdiction over American citizens on American soil. I would assume someone in his shoes would be well aware of that. And therefore I’m forced to believe that he knows he cannot control the situation he wants to control & is attempting to control other things.

View Quote

Desperation.
You don't go to 5 wide receivers on 3 straight plays when you're winning handily.

However, he may cause an error, and perhaps the canadians are smarter than the GOPe fuckers here.
If Castro's bastard son keeps getting more erratic, perhaps they hold a vote of no confidence on him for THAT

Sort of like, getting Capone on tax evasion.

They "can't cave to the truckers" right?
So what if they vote out Trudeau for "the Real ReasonTM" of _______________.

"Welp, now that he's gone ah, I guess we should look at the mandates!
ohhh whoooooooooops we don't want those anymore!

Hey truckers, on an unrelated note, good news, for reasons not related to your protest , some things happened."

The media gleefully reports that the truckers "had nothing to do with" and all that, but they get what they wanted.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:43:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:47:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Honest question.  Could can.gov use this as an opportunity to socialize/nationalize the trucking industry?  It would be a cluster, but could they use military to move goods until they are able to rebuild the industry under gov control?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's irrelevant.   My gut feeling is that by and large, the protesters are smart enough to know what they're doing and willing to risk getting shot on video without fighting back.  I am sure almost everyone on both sides hopes it doesn't come to that, but I am likewise sure everyone down there (cops and protesters alike) are all well aware that video of the government forces coming in and going full on Tiananmen Square on protesters (who already have the support of well over half of Canada) who were peacefully congregating with bouncy castles and kids and live entertainment, would galvanize the public against the government to a degree it would never be able to survive in any long term way.    So I expect there may be a gun or two under some truck seats, but even if there are, if the RCMP starts shooting people, I don't expect to see armed resistance on the spot.  I'd expect that to happen down the road in subsequent engagements.

On the other hand, I am sure the powers that be in the government that aren't outright stupid (which to be fair, there seem to be a lot of those), can do the math here.    There are only 3 ways out of this:

1) Truckers go home without winning or gaining anything.    My redneck analysis: that is not gonna happen without a Tiananmen Square class crackdown; and even if they pull that level of atrocity to regain control, the government's long term odds of surviving that are near zero, so not all that likely - but possible.

2) The government caves and gives people what they want.   My redneck analysis: that's not ever going to happen as long as Turdhole is in charge, he is a card carrying textbook example of a narcissist, and the hallmark of that particular disorder is that they are for all practical purposes, incapable of backing down/admitting they were wrong.   So as long as he's the boss, the only way out is the Tiananmen Square option.  So this is still possible, but not that likely.

3) Some other people in the government who aren't wasting their time whining about stupid s**t in zoom calls, will get together and oust Turdhole's regime, overturn the covid mandates, and become the hero and savior of the people, by nature of which they can probably do no wrong for the next 2 or 3 election cycles.    My redneck analysis: This is easily our odds on favorite.  Any political leader with even one small whit of political savvy (and if they don't have that, how did they get to be a political leader?) should be absolutely salivating at the possibility of taking power and keeping it for a long time to come.   They should be whispering "my precious, my precious" to themselves every waking minute about now.

So we'll see how right I am as this plays out - my money's on 3; I'd bet $1 that there are, as we speak, political leaders of all stripes, quietly but frantically working on back room, side room, and under the table deals to overturn the Turdhole regime and position themselves to take over in his absence.    Nobody's there yet, but once one of them gets their knives sharp enough to make a move, it will happen so fast it'll make peoples heads spin.

They can nationalize all they want, their problem is less the lack of goods moving (although that will hurt), but if they get all the goods going again smoothly, tens of thousands of protesters still won't go home, so no solution there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Video embedded from that article:
"Federal ministers discuss response to ongoing convoy protests in Ottawa – February 7, 2022"
https://youtu.be/m3jTK6dlNuc?t=1977
Page / 288
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top