If not; no war.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.
View Quote

Some claim they already are here https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-suggests-tariffs-against-nations-including-china-over-illegal-immigration-2024-06-06/

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Ping Ping has her finger on the button to deactivate Holosun devices sold in the USA.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't worry we have the most diverse fighter pilots in the world.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ping Ping has her finger on the button to deactivate Holosun devices sold in the USA.
View Quote

I thought Ping Ping had her finger up swallwell's butt.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was Peg Peg.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]
On a serious note with the current situation with Biden, China's time to do what they want would be right now.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
YOU KEEP PING PING'S NAME OUTTA YOUR MOUTH! ~ Will Smith probably
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
On a serious note with the current situation with Biden, China's time to do what they want would be right now.

View Quote

China fucked up and has only made half of the amphibious troop carriers they wanted planned for them decided the type 075 wasn’t going to cut it and are now trying to get the type 076 up and running https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2024/06/type-076-amphibious-carrier-takes-shape-drone-airwing-emerges/
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Zoinks covered this in his Solomon Islands thread about the CCP being plagued by perfectionism to which I replied time is running out and China will have to Leroy Jenkins sooner than later or FOMO
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Gov, corporations, investors from the USA, West our allies etc ALL made the Chicoms strong and made us weak.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.
View Quote

Isolationism is stupid, and always has been.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Having a hot war with China is unfathomably stupid which makes it a distinct possibility in our current timeline.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.
View Quote

They are here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.
View Quote

Ah, to be young and naive again.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#16]
No blood for silicon. The only chips we should care about come in bags and are in bags.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Zoinks covered this in his Solomon Islands thread about the CCP being plagued by perfectionism to which I replied time is running out and China will have to Leroy Jenkins sooner than later or FOMO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thought exactly.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They are here.
View Quote

This.

30,000 in one month alone (March, I think).
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam , all of them are bastions of Liberty and prosperity

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Gen Brown's quote from the article...

"A recent think tank simulation studying conflict between U.S. and China forces over Taiwan found the United States defeats China in combat but at a heavy cost. The Center for Strategic and International Studies exercise projected that U.S. and allied forces lose tens of thousands of troops, dozens of ships and hundreds of aircraft in the war."

I don't doubt the capabilities of our military, but I sure doubt the nation's resolve to fight that war.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#21]
"We are the most lethal, most respected combat force in the world," he told the Aspen Security Forum on Friday. "Now, it's going to take all the nation if we go to conflict with the with the PRC, and I'm confident, if we're challenged, we will be there."

View Quote
LOL.  We can't even defeat the Taliban after 20 years of trying, or keep the Red Sea open for US shipping.

Let alone maintain our troop levels or make enough ammunition or weapons to even fight more than a few weeks against China.

Shut up, General Diversity Hire.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Are they coming here?

If not; no war.
View Quote

Agreed! Chyna is way over on the other side of the world! We need to stop being bullies to good Conservative values countries like Chyna.

Peace for our time!
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No blood for silicon. The only chips we should care about come in bags and are in bags.
View Quote

What about Pringles?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gen Brown's quote from the article...

"A recent think tank simulation studying conflict between U.S. and China forces over Taiwan found the United States defeats China in combat but at a heavy cost. The Center for Strategic and International Studies exercise projected that U.S. and allied forces lose tens of thousands of troops, dozens of ships and hundreds of aircraft in the war."

I don't doubt the capabilities of our military, but I sure doubt the nation's resolve to fight that war.
View Quote

In our current clown climate , if an R is the president the Democrats would help the Chinese .
If it’s a dem they would draft every son and daughter of registered R voters and send them to get slaughtered after giving the Chinese the battle plan .

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That was Peg Peg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was Peg Peg.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#26]
China has an exploding industrial base. China is expanding it's influence throughout the Pacific rim. Our answer is to scatter what amounts to Marine defense battalions (Wake Island come to mind?) on tiny islands. The Chinese will do to us what we did to the Japanese. They will out produce us in war materials. They will take the islands that they need. The will cut off, and bypass the ones they don't, leaving the Marines to wither and die.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep.

View Quote

Democrats had quite a hand in each of those

Lyndon B Johnson

Joe Biden withdrawal

Barack Obama withdrawal
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

It's not a binary equation; nation-building doesn't have to be the only alternative to shoving our collective heads in the sand.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This.

30,000 in one month alone (March, I think).
View Quote

The gotaways are what concern me and should concern you.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#30]
war with China will be drone intensive, electronic warfare (EW) intensive.

there was some primitive EW in WW2 days, but not like today.  Drones were non-existent then, same with satellite, UAV reconnaisance.  so, won't be "akin to WW2".

South China Sea, gonna see some submarine warfare.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lyndon B Johnson

Joe Biden withdrawal

Barack Obama withdrawal
View Quote

It would have never worked. The founding documents were the embodiment of and allowed for by  a national spirit and culture that already existed.  You can't just shove a piece of paper down the throat of a culture that's alien to its values and expect them not to spit it pack up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#32]
If the Joint Chiefs think they will be fighting something akin to WW2 they are doing it all wrong.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lyndon B Johnson

Joe Biden withdrawal

Barack Obama withdrawal
View Quote

And we still have Dems .....
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Having a hot war with China is unfathomably stupid which makes it a distinct possibility in our current timeline.
View Quote

The cost of a hot war with China would be 1000x the cost of losing access to chips made in Taiwan.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What about Pringles?
View Quote

Mitch Hedberg - Pringles joke
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Don't worry we have the most diverse fighter pilots in the world.
View Quote

And military leaders!
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If the Joint Chiefs think they will be fighting something akin to WW2 they are doing it all wrong.
View Quote

Yep, weapons are a skosh more powerful and more precisely aimed than back in those days.

That said, after about 3 years of a pointless quagmire I can easily imagine there being a groundswell of support for a strategy that calls for the complete extermination of enemy population centers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
And we still have Dems .....
View Quote

And you will have them in charge until they do something so unbelievably stupid that angry mobs peel and then chop and deep fry them in big batches like potatoes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's not a binary equation; nation-building doesn't have to be the only alternative to shoving our collective heads in the sand.
View Quote

Do we have Dems that would fuck up the war ?

If you answered yes, then why do it ?

Sure , let’s say the Chinese bomb Pearl Harbor , ok, let’s go and fuck them up . But realize the Dems are going to help the Chinese . Half of America will help the Chinese

Not sure how you win that war . Especially  since we have actual evidence of how we do war now .
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#41]
WWII didn’t look like WWI.  WWIII won’t look like WWII.

Why would PRC step backwards into WWII strategy when they’re winning on the WWIII battlefield?  Do you think the US is getting stronger or weaker by the year?  Do you think all this misinformation, funding of dissent and conflict, funding radical groups in the US has no impact?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#42]
No blood oil for war China!
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And you will have them in charge until they do something so unbelievably stupid that angry mobs peel and then chop and deep fry them in big batches like potatoes.
View Quote

Like surrender to China ......
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#44]
He’s a fucking idiot if he thinks the next war will be like WWII.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
LOL.  We can't even defeat the Taliban after 20 years of trying, or keep the Red Sea open for US shipping.

Let alone maintain our troop levels or make enough ammunition or weapons to even fight more than a few weeks against China.

Shut up, General Diversity Hire.
View Quote

I do not accept your premise.

American grit and determination can defeat any enemy on this earth with shock and awe, doing it in short order.  

It is the powers that be allowing these conflicts to stretch out over many years.  There is not much profit in manufacture of war equipment in peace time, and the politicians must keep the wheels turning to get paid.

I agree with the general's assessment, China would be defeated but at great cost in blood & treasure.  There is currently no stomach for such loss.  We will wake up one morning and read China has occupied Taiwan.  There will be great echoing speeches, fanciful strutting about and mighty chest thumping.  But in the end the world will go about its business not wanting to pay the price to confront China.

And the keyboard warriors of GD will fill pages with rhetoric and eloquent soliloquies of what should have been done.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yep, weapons are a skosh more powerful and more precisely aimed than back in those days.

That said, after about 3 years of a pointless quagmire I can easily imagine there being a groundswell of support for a strategy that calls for the complete extermination of enemy population centers.
View Quote

I’m exaggerating but we have like 5 LRAMS and all 3 of all those magic fantastic platforms and missiles. Depending on the timing we’re short submarines, aircraft refuelers etc. and a host of shit which means do more with less

We have great shit just not a bunch of it
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Do we have Dems that would fuck up the war ?

If you answered yes, then why do it ?

Sure , let’s say the Chinese bomb Pearl Harbor , ok, let’s go and fuck them up . But realize the Dems are going to help the Chinese . Half of America will help the Chinese

Not sure how you win that war . Especially  since we have actual evidence of how we do war now .
View Quote

Would have to agree Dems will be a headache to put it mildly
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#50]
I guess the millions of illegals can be the first to go
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top