Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I was stationed in the Philippines, there were a lot of very aggressive macaques hanging around the dumpsters and stuff. We had a guy who thought he was some sort of super karate ninja who decided to take one on.

It tore quarter-pound chunks out of him.
View Quote

Subic?

Yeah, and those are small compared to a chimp lol, I give those a wide berth
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't believe it.

Wild animal strength far exceeds retard strength. And retards are strong.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dont those two statements contradict each other?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2138714-chimps-are-not-as-superhumanly-strong-as-we-thought-they-were/

So why, on a pound-for-pound basis, are chimps slightly stronger than humans? The team went on to look at the muscle of chimps that had died of natural causes, which revealed that two-thirds of their muscle consists of fast-twitch fibres, whereas more than half of human fibres are slow-twitch. Fast-twitch fibres are more powerful, but use more energy and become fatigued faster.

Comparing the results with the many studies on those revealed that, contrary to the claims of several other studies, there is nothing special about chimp muscle. “Chimpanzee muscle is really no different than human muscle in terms of the force that individual fibres exert,” says O’Neill.

So, who's ready to step in the cage? I wanna see Miocic or Ngannou vs a Chimp.

Dont those two statements contradict each other?

Not really, humans have fast twitch fibers too, especially black people (not Ethiopians), just look at Olympic sprinting events.

On the flip side, look at endurance sports (marathon) where Ethiopians do very well.

I think training makes a big difference too, not sure how much you can change your body's composition through training, but I think you should be able to at least push it a little one way or the other.  

If you eat different birds, chickens have dark meat in their legs, and white in their breasts. Migratory birds like geese are the opposite.

If you are eating long pig, I'd imagine most blacks would  have whiter meat and most whites would have darker meat, but genetics can be weird, especially in the USA where so many people have mixed genetics.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Then clearly they use less energy to support themselves in that position.

While they look similar, they have notable difference in the skeletal/muscle structure that caters to their activities.

https://www.howitworksdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Chimp.jpg

Tasking a chimp with walking 20mi would easily showcase the difference between a beast whos primary method of transport is bipedal motion vs swinging from branches or using their arms as crutches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BS, when was the last time you saw a 120lb person hanging from a tree branch by one hand for a extended period like it was nothing, then carrying on with zero sign of fatigue?

Then clearly they use less energy to support themselves in that position.

While they look similar, they have notable difference in the skeletal/muscle structure that caters to their activities.

https://www.howitworksdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Chimp.jpg

Tasking a chimp with walking 20mi would easily showcase the difference between a beast whos primary method of transport is bipedal motion vs swinging from branches or using their arms as crutches.

The chimp would still probably do better walking 20 miles than us average arfcomers
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Chimps use every dirty trick in the book. You can't give them a break. Send them to hell.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's because we're built to be endurance predators, and they're built to be occasional ambush predators.
View Quote

Yup. Chimps taking to the horse like the Comanche would be our doom.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Everything is just lies and propaganda now.

Chimps are way stronger than humans.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Was that the guy that was attacked by the bath salt nut?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Was that the guy that was attacked by the bath salt nut?

THC gummies
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think these "scientists" failed to account for their retard strength.
View Quote

This. They don’t tend to hold back like most humans do. I’m sure humans rarely deliver with 100% power with the intent of caving in someone’s skull
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's articles like this that convince me that many "scientists" are actually pretty fucking stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think scientist should get in the ring then.

It's articles like this that convince me that many "scientists" are actually pretty fucking stupid.

This doesn’t actually make any sense. Finding in detail exactly how chimpanzee muscle works is stupid because… why?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is honestly a huge advantage Homo Sapiens enjoys.

We’re one of a few animals that can run prey to death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That proves we can beat them in a marathon.

That is honestly a huge advantage Homo Sapiens enjoys.

We’re one of a few animals that can run prey to death.

This. I remember reading some surprisingly in depth analysis of why the planet of the apes scenario was impossible, even with apes of human level intelligence, simply because an ape army could not travel and maneuver like a human army could. They would wear out really really fast.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I got in a fight with a squirrel this week, those are freaking invincible! I finally landed a kick that sent it flying 30+ feet and it came back for more. I imagine a chimp could take a heck of a lot of abuse and come back for more, cause nature isn't messing around.

So, what round for charging chimp? 5.56, 12ga slug, or 12ga 00buck?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is that a fact or an oft repeated myth? I've never seen a chimp fight anything so I have no knowledge of their technique but I've repeatedly  heard they go for your junk.
View Quote

After the Travis the Chimp attack, or whatever you want to call it, I listened to an interview with a primatologist who said that when chimps attack other primates they will disfigure the face so other animals won’t accept it into their group, attack the hands so that it cannot feed itself, and attack the genitals so that it cannot reproduce.  From an animal standpoint that makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2138714-chimps-are-not-as-superhumanly-strong-as-we-thought-they-were/

So why, on a pound-for-pound basis, are chimps slightly stronger than humans? The team went on to look at the muscle of chimps that had died of natural causes, which revealed that two-thirds of their muscle consists of fast-twitch fibres, whereas more than half of human fibres are slow-twitch. Fast-twitch fibres are more powerful, but use more energy and become fatigued faster.
View Quote

Comparing the results with the many studies on those revealed that, contrary to the claims of several other studies, there is nothing special about chimp muscle. “Chimpanzee muscle is really no different than human muscle in terms of the force that individual fibres exert,” says O’Neill.
View Quote

View Quote

Just because it's "science," doesn't make it total bullshit.  

Now do your own science and fuck with a 150LB chimp, Mr. 220 LB body builder.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Put the scientists in a cage with the chimps!
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Put the scientists in a cage with the chimps!
View Quote

Can't do REAL science!!!  Just clickbait for the gullible to click on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So I don’t gotta be afraid of chimps any more?

What about quicksand?

And packs of ninjas?
View Quote

Worse yet, what about packs of ninja chimps?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Quoted:
Rope a dope .... chimp will gas out.

True.  Eventually it will get tired of chewing on your ass.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Their muscles are attached differently to their bones, providing better leverage, chimps are stronger but can't move with the same speed a human can move.

Deceptive article is deceptive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their muscles are attached differently to their bones, providing better leverage, chimps are stronger but can't move with the same speed a human can move.

Deceptive article is deceptive.

IIRC it also negatively affects precision movements. Chimps are fairly dexterous but watchmaking could never happen. They trade that fine detail for being able to rip a piece off of you easily.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
fuck those after action pictures..

soo.. what round for crazed chimp?
View Quote

I'm sure 5.56 is up to the task. But 30+ rd mags for sure.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Chips do pull ups for a living.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought it had more to do with the geometry of how the muscles and bones were attached.  I knew Dwarf twins the had the form of dwarfism that left them with normal torsos and heads, just shorter limbs. Those two could whip any normal man either one fought. They said the doctor told them the muscles were attached more like a chimp than a human.

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Their DPS is higher over the short term.
Dont fuck with monkeys.

Also think theres a shorter brain pathway to employing that violence. Their if/then is a lot more simplistic then ours. Twitch muscles for twitch decision making.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#26]
But can they take a full power shot from Squatdog?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I thought it had more to do with the geometry of how the muscles and bones were attached.  I knew Dwarf twins the had the form of dwarfism that left them with normal torsos and heads, just shorter limbs. Those two could whip any normal man either one fought. They said the doctor told them the muscles were attached more like a chimp than a human.

View Quote

That's what I read a long time ago. I still remember reading it. It's a leverage thing. They are build to hang from a tree with one arm, ask Archimedes.

Give me a day or two naked in the woods, I could probably kill a gorilla with some kind of crude fabricated weapon, especially if I had access to some cordage or a little leather to make cordage, even a simple wooden shaft with a fire hardened tip would make a gorilla think twice, tip it with some flint.

Humans FTW, there is a reason why practically every animal on earth runs away when they see a human.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

After the Travis the Chimp attack, or whatever you want to call it, I listened to an interview with a primatologist who said that when chimps attack other primates they will disfigure the face so other animals won’t accept it into their group, attack the hands so that it cannot feed itself, and attack the genitals so that it cannot reproduce.  From an animal standpoint that makes sense to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that a fact or an oft repeated myth? I've never seen a chimp fight anything so I have no knowledge of their technique but I've repeatedly  heard they go for your junk.

That shows a scary level of intelligence, remember Koko the Gorilla learned sign language?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

More like some PhD needed more grant money.

The "secret" of why chimps and apes are so strong is well known.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So I don’t gotta be afraid of chimps any more?

What about quicksand?

And packs of ninjas?
View Quote

LOL...when I was a kid quicksand terrified me!
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#33]

...and that's an unhealthy one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

But the .45 stopped it.
Eight rounds!
View Quote

10mm would have only been 1 round
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Rip your dick off like a celery stalk
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

10mm
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
But can they take a full power shot from Squatdog?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You don't want to see those pics. I did and regret now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They only need a few seconds to grab you, pull you in, AND BITE YOUR FACE OFF!

pics?
You don't want to see those pics. I did and regret now.
When they say, face removed, it's not exaggeration.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This. They don’t tend to hold back like most humans do. I’m sure humans rarely deliver with 100% power with the intent of caving in someone’s skull
View Quote

Most humans lack focus, and at least hold back enough to avoid injuring themselves.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That's it, I'm kicking some chimp ass next time I run into one!!!
View Quote

"Blading at 45!!!!!!"  
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It only takes 7lbs of pressure to rip your ear off. About the same for your genitals...
View Quote

I've heard that many times. It's bullshit based on how sensitive both are.

One person went so far as to say if you take a 7 pound weight, tie it to your ear and drop it from head high it will rip your ear off. Maybe-but at the end of the drop that's more than 7 pounds of force thanks to kinetic energy.

Same if using something sharp. That's not ripping, that's cutting. Much easier.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Apparently chimps shave their bodies too, like the meatheads at the gyms?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
chimps work out more than humans. thats why..

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-823620187f34137f4cc91a59e06475e2.webp

Apparently chimps shave their bodies too, like the meatheads at the gyms?

Either a baldness disorder or confiscated from a third world whorehouse. There was a shaved orangutan confiscated several years ago. She was popular at a whorehouse in Indonesia because she was cheaper than a woman.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

.45-70.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The sister of an ex girlfriend was a nurse at the hospital they brought that woman to. Said the wounds were absolutely horrendous
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They only need a few seconds to grab you, pull you in, AND BITE YOUR FACE OFF!

https://i.postimg.cc/tTFX5QTP/RB-COMP-CHIMP-ATTACK-2-2.webp

The sister of an ex girlfriend was a nurse at the hospital they brought that woman to. Said the wounds were absolutely horrendous

Yep. It's actually amazing she looks as good as she does.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#47]
"The team went on to look at the muscle of chimps that had died of natural causes, which revealed..."

Maybe they should have looked at fresh ones that weren't all used up?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#48]
how many Mike Tyson's would it take to kill one chimp?

My guess is 9, two on each limb and one to choke or beat him to death,  minimum.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think these "scientists" failed to account for their retard strength.
View Quote

This. Why is retard strength always overlooked?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Rope a dope .... chimp will gas out.
View Quote

or you'll be a tranny midway thru the first round................

Attachment Attached File

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top