Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The Central District became the center of African American life within Seattle in 1890 when William Grose built his home on the 12 acres of land he purchased from Henry Yesler. Discriminatory policies, such as housing covenants, forced Blacks who had migrated to Seattle from the South to buy and live in the Central District. Undeterred from these occurrences, they built a community alongside the Italian, Jewish, Japanese and Filipino residents, and contributed to much of the cultural and social development we see in the city today.
View Quote

That very community has become the "Soul of Seattle", cultivating greatness to likes of the Jackson Street Jazz Legacy, Quincy Jones, Ray Charles, Ernestine Anderson, and Jimi Hendrix; while fostering the changes occurring with the civil rights movement and the budding hip-hop culture. The 1980's and 90's brought a large migration of Ethiopian, Eritrean, and Somalian residents, adding new layers of flavor and cultural richness to the Central District. Many Blacks also expanded their home base to South Seattle and South King County.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
lol...
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like just throwing a bone to them, so they won’t bitch about the big tech companies getting richer
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honest question-does .gov mean it’s an actual governmental site?  Because if it does, i was wrong about OP posting fake news and I’ll have my crow lightly rotisseried with a side of hot sauce.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.gov

https://neanderfood.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/img_3699.jpg

When I’m wrong I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
its amazing to me that people still think giving into demands will make the problem go away....
View Quote

The People are the problem.  They perpetuate chaos because it's what they want.

Don't be surprised if there's a radical sweep in the upcoming election cycle.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Africatown?
View Quote

First thing they'll do is strip the copper plumbing and sell it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We know who's gonna wash the trucks, BUT who's gonna put gas in em and pay the taxes?  They gonna run around with new temp tags that are 2 years expired?
View Quote

After the cadets use the fleet pump cards to fill up their POVs from the city gas pumps,  the city will begin to wonder how the rigs are operating on a fuel/gas mixture.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Firefighting call performed after owner has been subjected to a political background check.
View Quote

Every vehicle needs to carry a Political Officer now Tovarish.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So the community group that took over the fire station has trained and certified fire fighters already in place?  Impressive...
View Quote

Interview for a position.  
 Sir do you have any fire experience.
Hell yeah,  just lit a Wendy's last week.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#11]
In for the lulz.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#12]
So will they fill they the tanks with water or gas ?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Ridiculous.  Feckless idiots, the lot of them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who rule Afrikatown?
View Quote

Chicken gods
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Can't wait to see the old folks kicked out of their homes to make way for the new residents.

Everyday just gets more bizarre.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well, they are giving into their demands.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That station looks like a dump.

eta- Is station 6 even active or was it closed/browned out and just being used for equipment storage?  

It was closed and operations moved to a new station several years ago.  So what was given away was an old, empty fire station.

Yep:

"Fire Station 6 built in 1932 at the intersection of East Yesler Way and 23rd Avenue South, and has been decommissioned and unused for years. Now, it will be repurposed into the William Grose Center for Cultural Innovation.

Seattle's Department of Neighborhoods announced the move Friday, saying the transfer of the station into a community space is direct investment in Seattle's black community and increases the communities' ownership of land in the Central District. The Central District has long been home to much of Seattle's black community, but the recent tech boom has left many longtime residents struggling to keep their homes amid rapid gentrification."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/seattle-will-transfer-fire-station-6-to-black-community/ar-BB15peHg

It's a crusty old empty building, but let's get all wound up about it.

Well, they are giving into their demands.

It’s an appeasement

It’s a pos club house
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Africatown?  Did I read that right?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Africatown?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Africatown?
View Quote

What is Africatown Community Land Trust?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#20]
The mayor and city council are completely out of their goddamn, commie gourds.

That being said.....The show must go on!
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It was closed and operations moved to a new station several years ago.  So what was given away was an old, empty fire station.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta- Is station 6 even active or was it closed/browned out and just being used for equipment storage?  

I know this hasn't helped property values, but is that building literally worthless already that the city is glad to get rid of it for nothing?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Something about negotiating with terrorists.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The mayor and city council are completely out of their goddamn, commie gourds.

That being said.....The show must go on!
View Quote

Mob should cut to the chase, annex city hall, & be like, "We president now."
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This shit needs to stop now.
View Quote

Well ... hold on.

I wanna see what's next!

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Moar chaos!

That’s what Soros and his winged monkeys in the Radical Leftist movement need.

Trump MUST. NOT. WIN. ANOTHER. TERM.

TC
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I know this hasn't helped property values, but is that building literally worthless already that the city is glad to get rid of it for nothing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a way, maybe.

A building just sitting is an expense/liability. It still has to be maintained and repaired.

If they wanted to repurpose the property or sell a lot with a building that old to a developer, there would probably be cries about something something historical and whatever era architecture.

This way, they're getting it off the books and washing their hands of it in a way that likely leaves a positive impression with most of the population in that city.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If it now becomes a "private" property, in lieu of a "city" property, will the new Owners now be liable for property taxes ? ? ?

View Quote

Generally that's the case for a transfer. But I'd bet for these guys, the city waives all taxes for X years.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Except they're defunding the police.

I think the only ones making money in Minneapolis and the Twin Cities areas are going to be real estate brokers as everyone who isn't a black gang member leaves the city and it turns into a smaller version of Detroit.

I think 75,000 people will leave the metro area in the next 12 months and another 50,000 after them.

View Quote

I’ve started watching realtor.com mn to see what drops and by how much.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Awesome!   I'm a believer in local solutions to local problems.  If the local government won’t intervene and throw the occupiers out of "CHAZ" and then transfer the firehouse to the mob, then the people that live there are receiving the benefit of the policies they voted for.  

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
HUH....I did not get my mention.

I hope Seattle gets the gubbmint they voted in.  And they can suck a fart outta my ass...
View Quote

There he is!  I hope the shark is hungry.....
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Do the taxpayers get a refund on the costs of building and maintaining these structures that their tax dollars have gone towards these many years?
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Africatown?
View Quote

That kind of jumps out, doesn’t it?  Next year that will be out of vogue and a cause for hurling racist accusations.

1200 Pine Steet
Africatown
Seattle, WA 98666
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In a way, maybe.

A building just sitting is an expense/liability. It still has to be maintained and repaired.

If they wanted to repurpose the property or sell a lot with a building that old to a developer, there would probably be cries about something something historical and whatever era architecture.

This way, they're getting it off the books and washing their hands of it in a way that likely leaves a positive impression with most of the population in that city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a way, maybe.

I have seen "historical" structures transferred to non-profit orgs from city/county gov for just that reason.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Q: How many social activists does it take to put out a fire?

A:  A big pile of them to smother it!
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Honk honk.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Can we go there and start Guntown?  

I demand to be heard and given free stuff!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@Lug1

https://frontporch.seattle.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2020/06/fire-station-6-joe-mabel.jpg

Fire Station No. 6, 101 23rd Avenue South

Official Press Release from the City of Seattle

We at the City of Seattle understand the urgency behind making bold investments in the Black community and increasing community ownership of land in the Central District.
The City believes in the vision behind the William Grose Center for Cultural Innovation and we remain committed to making the transfer of Fire Station 6 to the community a reality.

We have received Africatown's list of community requests along with a longer list of asks from other black-led organizations. Deputy Mayor Shefali Ranganathan has already met with the King County Equity Now coalition and, on behalf of Mayor Durkan, she will be working with Seattle Department of Neighborhoods and Seattle Office of Planning and Community Development to work on next steps with the community.
View Quote

View Quote

Crazy how the only people this racket benefits are the the most ambitious, social climbing blacks, how they make no effort to hide that, and how NO ONE criticizes them at all lol.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#41]
So rich and absolutely vibrant at the same time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Seriously @Ryann? You thought .gov was fake? LOL....

The domain name gov is a sponsored top-level domain in the Domain Name System of the Internet. The name is derived from the word government, indicating its restricted use by government entities. The gov domain is administered by the General Services Administration, an independent agency of the United States federal government.

Here's your crow, we're out of hot sauce.

https://practicalselfreliance.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/eating-crow.jpg
View Quote

I got him some Crystal on the last page.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Will they pay union wages?
Whose gonna play fireman er fireperson
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This shit needs to stop now.
View Quote
No no no my friend.  It needs to continue.  I'm giddy with anticipation to see where this goes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#45]
buying it all back in a year pennies on the dollar...bankruptcy sale all thanks to their partners and business assoc. at BLM/Antifa.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The city is going to transfer a POS building that probably needed about $1.2M in repairs, reduced their maintenance costs and took a nice "charitable" tax write off.
View Quote

The city will definitely pay for all need repairs and significant facelift before handing it over. Plus the land itself is worth a pretty penny in downtown. No doubt this will run into a few million for authentic Africa Culture facelift. Citizens will just need to supply their own burning tires.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#47]
We need to just wall off the west coast it is lost.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Will they pay union wages?
Whose gonna play fireman er fireperson
View Quote

There are other, er…..Benefits.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Just like South Africa.
No farming, just sell the tractors for parts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Africatown?
View Quote

I read that and thought... wait! what?
Page / 5
Top Top