BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Movie poster looks pretty cool.  

I googled it and it looks like Kirsten Dunst is one of the stars.  So long as they don't do some stupid shit and try to make her the baddest ass warrior the earth has ever known, it has a chance to be cool.  The directors other work was pretty good.  If it's another movie where a woman beats up a man we all know she'd get stomped by or shoots guns we all know we would recoil her into tears, we should be able to tell from the trailer.
View Quote

the guys on the torch will probably be the last 2 heterosexual white men in America defending themselves from all the LGBTQWXYZ++--?_ super soldiers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The leftist green haired trannies will somehow carry the day and defeat the evil White Heterosexual males.   The White Heterosexuals will all be dumb as a box of rocks, but lead by some bald ultra evil Palpatine type, they'll be cartoonishly evil.

That is going to be pure propaganda bullshit.  

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Instead of waiting for the movie, prepare now using exercises in making tactically sound decisions in hypothetical scenarios Tactical Decision Games
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess we’re just going to accept that the Statue of Liberty would be an ideal defensive/overwatch position even though it’s about 900 yards from the nearest shoreline?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Except you're ignoring this bit “companion piece to Men in some ways”.

How else exactly would a horror movie about a woman in the English countryside losing her husband relate to this movie with female leads if it wasn't for theme.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That comment was about a previous movie entitled Men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt81CJcWZy8

How else exactly would a horror movie about a woman in the English countryside losing her husband relate to this movie with female leads if it wasn't for theme.

Directors say all kinds of dumb shit while promoting their movies and shows. The director of Chernobyl said that show was a reflection on the dangers of Donald Trump or something just as stupid in the “making of” the shows they’d show at the end of an episode.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Directors say all kinds of dumb shit while promoting their movies and shows. The director of Chernobyl said that show was a reflection on the dangers of Donald Trump or something just as stupid in the “making of” the shows they’d show at the end of an episode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering he's also the writer I'll take his word for it and not give this movie the benefit of doubt.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I guess we're just going to accept that the Statue of Liberty would be an ideal defensive/overwatch position even though it's about 900 yards from the nearest shoreline?
View Quote
I was just about to ask what tactical advantage there was to controlling liberty Island.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Considering he's also the writer I'll take his word for it and not give this movie the benefit of doubt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you did that with Chernobyl you’d have ignored some of the best television to date. Just saying.

I’ll keep an open mind ‘til it shows itself to be the trash I fear it is.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was just about to ask what tactical advantage there was to controlling liberty Island.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess we're just going to accept that the Statue of Liberty would be an ideal defensive/overwatch position even though it's about 900 yards from the nearest shoreline?

I guess if you put another rifle team on Governor’s Island you could just barely cover area/material targets (boats) with the .50 to control the Hudson River entrance. But the M4 AK is definitely just there for moral support.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Some of Alex Garland's other movies/books

Dredd
Annihilation
The Beach

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Checked IMDb and man most of that cast looks like the dwarves from the new Snow White flick.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you did that with Chernobyl you’d have ignored some of the best television to date. Just saying.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With most movies these days I wait till the reviews come in before I give anything a try. I watched Chernobyl because of this place.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#13]
2000 meter radius from the statue of liberty.  Does not seem like an effective overwatch position.  Although does make for a cool movie poster.

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Can't wait to see who the strong female minority lead actress will be.

Kicking ass, taking names, and fighting stereotypes
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The emancipation proclamation only applied to the south too. Northern states still legally owned slaves after that was signed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remind me again when slaves were freed in Maryland.

The emancipation proclamation only applied to the south too. Northern states still legally owned slaves after that was signed.

He didn’t have the power to confiscate the property of loyal citizens, the Proclamation was based on his War Powers and predicated on confiscating rebel property to hinder their war effort. Hence the 13th and 14th Amendments postwar.

Its real purpose, however, was to make intervention on behalf of the Confederacy radioactive in the UK and France. There was no way the British public was going to support fighting for the CS when doing so meant perpetuating slavery.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was one strange movie
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes. The right of states to make human chattel legal.
View Quote

history is not a strong point with you is it
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He was also the writer and producer for Dredd, the Karl Urban one.

And apparently Karl Urban stated that Adam should have also been credited for directing that one as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really liked Ex Machina.  The directors other work doesn't seem woke so I'm optimistic.

Same here.

And apparently Karl Urban stated that Adam should have also been credited for directing that one as well.

Dredd was well done, it captured the essence of the source comic perfectly. If Sony had run a proper ad campaign it would have done better.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I very much dislike the Statue of Liberty because it is so often used by the left as an excuse to import the worst of the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I couldn't care less about the movie or what it's about, I just think the movie poster is really creative.

https://i.imgur.com/6R0XyI4.jpg

I very much dislike the Statue of Liberty because it is so often used by the left as an excuse to import the worst of the world.

It's also a bad spot for a guy with a Barrett, unless he's shooting jetskis off the island.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He didn’t have the power to confiscate the property of loyal citizens, the Proclamation was based on his War Powers and predicated on confiscating rebel property to hinder their war effort. Hence the 13th and 14th Amendments postwar.

Its real purpose, however, was to make intervention on behalf of the Confederacy radioactive in the UK and France. There was no way the British public was going to support fighting for the CS when doing so meant perpetuating slavery.
View Quote

Dude talking logic to Lost Causers is like doing that with 911 truthers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but their bullshit still needs to be challenged, if only to prevent passers-by from falling into the pit. If I were in the mood I’d paste some of the Declaration of Causes statements where the Confederates say themselves in an official, legal document that they were seceding to preserve slavery…they hate that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
the guys on the torch will probably be the last 2 heterosexual white men in America defending themselves from all the LGBTQWXYZ++--?_ super soldiers.
View Quote

Do gay zombies eat you ass first?

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#23]
If the movie is as fucking retarded as that poster image is, I'm sure it'll do well.

fuckin' idiocracy times we live in. just...damn. sigh.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would hate to be the guy carrying those sand bags all the way up there.
View Quote

That was my first thought as well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

history is not a strong point with you is it
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Checked IMDb and man most of that cast looks like the dwarves from the new Snow White flick.
View Quote

I did the same thing and you absolutely nailed it!
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And you simply can't have a thread titled ' Civil War ' without mentioning the greatest American General Officer of all time. One who was touched by God.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/1200px-General_William_T__Sherman__41908-3053039.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Always pictured Civil War 2 ending with me fighting hordes of green skinned satanic mutated transgenders as I and a handful of my compatriots make our last stand inside the the last great Cathedral as it collapses on top of us like Grimaldus of Warhammer lore.  

In truth it will just be a long terrible decline and transformation without any epic battle or glorious ending.  Just like Rome and other great Empires before it our beloved Republic will just slip away into history and with it the last light of liberty will beextinguished as we enter another dark age in human history.

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Conservatives fault. Conservatives are NAZIs.

Gays and Pedos are the good guys.

A woman saves the US from collapsing as the greatest hand to hand combatant the world has ever seen beating 1000 evil clones of Donald Trump Jr.

ETC.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#30]
In 28 Days Later it was animal rights activists that released the human rabies virus. Ex Machina mocked altruistic intentions. Annihilation was more standard woke type. We’ll see but I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

True, but their bullshit still needs to be challenged, if only to prevent passers-by from falling into the pit. If I were in the mood I’d paste some of the Declaration of Causes statements where the Confederates say themselves in an official, legal document that they were seceding to preserve slavery…they hate that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems pretty clear to anyone not trying to pretend otherwise. Almost all the seceeding states open with it directly, many referencing the Fugitive Slave act specifically.

The State of South Carolina having resumed her separate and equal place among nations, deems it due to herself, to the remaining United States of America, and to the nations of the world, that she should declare the immediate causes which have led to this act….

An increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. . . .

For twenty-five years this agitation has been steadily increasing, until it has now secured to its aid the power of the common Government. Observing the forms of the Constitution, a sectional party has found within that Article establishing the Executive Department, the means of subverting the Constitution itself. A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that “Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free,” and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction.  . . .

On the 4th day of March next, this party will take possession of the Government. It has announced that the South shall be excluded from the common territory, that the judicial tribunals shall be made sectional, and that a war must be waged against slavery until it shall cease throughout the United States. The guaranties of the Constitution will then no longer exist; the equal rights of the States will be lost. The slaveholding States will no longer have the power of self-government, or self-protection, and the Federal Government will have become their enemy. . . .
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Those guys must be fending off the white supremacist.
View Quote

I notice you didn’t use the plural form. You are correct to do so.

I an uncertain as to why anyone would defend New Jersey, as the poster depicts. Also, where did the guns come from? They can’t be legal there.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And you simply can't have a thread titled ' Civil War ' without mentioning the greatest American General Officer of all time. One who was touched by God.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/1200px-General_William_T__Sherman__41908-3053039.JPG
View Quote

Pretty sure I saw that exact dude shooting fentanyl on a corner a few days ago.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#34]
It's promo art.

Doesnt mean it will actually be in the movie you autists.

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Seems pretty clear to anyone not trying to pretend otherwise. Almost all the seceeding states open with it directly, many referencing the Fugitive Slave act specifically.

The State of South Carolina having resumed her separate and equal place among nations, deems it due to herself, to the remaining United States of America, and to the nations of the world, that she should declare the immediate causes which have led to this act….

An increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. . . .

For twenty-five years this agitation has been steadily increasing, until it has now secured to its aid the power of the common Government. Observing the forms of the Constitution, a sectional party has found within that Article establishing the Executive Department, the means of subverting the Constitution itself. A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that “Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free,” and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction.  . . .

On the 4th day of March next, this party will take possession of the Government. It has announced that the South shall be excluded from the common territory, that the judicial tribunals shall be made sectional, and that a war must be waged against slavery until it shall cease throughout the United States. The guaranties of the Constitution will then no longer exist; the equal rights of the States will be lost. The slaveholding States will no longer have the power of self-government, or self-protection, and the Federal Government will have become their enemy. . . .
View Quote

But the " War of Northern Aggression " had nothing to do with slavery, that is just a figment of my vastly inferior yankee education.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I guess we’re just going to accept that the Statue of Liberty would be an ideal defensive/overwatch position even though it’s about 900 yards from the nearest shoreline?
View Quote

What if they’re using the island for storage and they just want to repel assholes?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not sure who those two pissed off but that is the shitiest place to get stuck in my opinion.

No path of egress and some idiot with a cheap drone or missile to hit the arm and you’re screwed.
View Quote

Bro, do you even Modern Warfare? Just jump off and deploy a parachute.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Dredd was well done, it captured the essence of the source comic perfectly. If Sony had run a proper ad campaign it would have done better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really liked Ex Machina.  The directors other work doesn't seem woke so I'm optimistic.

Same here.

Dropping the "3D" part of it would have helped as well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But the " War of Northern Aggression " had nothing to do with slavery, that is just a figment of my vastly inferior yankee education.
View Quote
Meh... The Southerners were practically slaves to the North through tariffs, etc., which were much higher on agricultural goods and such, as opposed to industrial goods which provided the vast majority of Northern wealth. Just like today, the Northerners used their political leverage to screw over the average working Americans, be it in the factories that they controlled, or through the agricultural goods that they overly taxed.

The slavery issue was just a nice reason for the Northerners, who were just as racist as they are today, to hang their hats on.

Basically, the South seceded, because of State's rights, unfair taxes, and yes, slavery, and the North was in fear of losing their political slaves, so they made a big to-do about chattel slavery in order to keep their unfair economic systems in place.

Just like today, the Federal Government was corrupt as shit. It's not all that ironic that the Democrats and RINOS today are squeezing the life out of the citizenry while pointing their finger at "injustice" as a diversion... Just like the corrupt Unionists did back then. Some things never change.

The Federal Government was never the citizens' friend.  State's rights have always been a thing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, maybe Liberty Island ends up being a tactical HQ center. Didn't realize you had a copy of the script.

Why can't people just look at a picture and say "That's a cool poster. Just the colors, style, etc.."

And not endlessly argue about a plot you have no idea about.

Maybe it's going to be a new supposed woke James Bond movie where Bond is now a black women that you were all shrieking about before (and proven wrong).

Wait until it comes out!

Swear, some of you are more obsessed with the "woke" culture than most high school students.

Even the thread on Reddit that is supposed to be "woke central" had almost no one talking about politics, wokeness, trannies, fatties, etc..

It was all about "What a cool poster with the imagery. Might be a good movie based on the director's previous stuff (Dredd, 28 Days/Weeks Later, etc..)."

This is what happens when you spend 12hrs a day looking for news to be outraged at.

It rots your brain to the core to the point you can't look at a simple movie poster and think "That's a creative movie poster design."
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Eh, I won't point out the irony of a southerner saying WV seceded illegally
View Quote

Quoted:

LOL, come and take us! I wonder if some Brits say the same thing.

Sounds like a movie I will watch.
View Quote

@colklink
@Soot4Brains

I joke.

I'm originally from up North, but was adopted by the South.

I love West Virginia, and I'd argue it's probably the
most beautiful state in the east.

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Civil War: January 6th.

A group of maga-right wing terrorists succeed in overthrowing the government. All gays are killed. Women made to live barefoot in the kitchen. Immigrants made into slave labor.

A small group of transsexuals will strike out at the oppressive regime...
View Quote
That's my guess , a slightly more serious version of  Barbed Wire except with a trans Tom Morelllo/Che type character
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Prepared to get loved tenderly by the bros in the South.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the preferred term is War of Southern Submission.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Prepared to get loved tenderly by the bros in the South.
View Quote

I mean, kinda busting balls. But, if a modern US general pulled a Sherman in Iraq, Afghanistan, or looking like China, the members here from South of the Mason Dixon would be all, Fuck Yeah!

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I believe the preferred term is War of Southern Submission.
View Quote

Big ooof
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#47]
That is going to be a movie about leftist killing conservatives.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Imagine the poor sons-of-bitches humping those sand bags all the way up there.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I read the Wikipedia page for "Men" and it sounds dumber than shit.

If this movie is supposed to be like that one, then it's probably gonna be dumber than shit too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Let us cross the river

And rest beneath the shade of the trees.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top