Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What if the chimp had one of those hannibal lecter masks on?

Maybe just tear your limbs off and smash the skull.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Wolf? Maybe.

Chimp? No fucking way.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I want to see chimp vs lion, or chimp vs wolf.

haha.. chimp vs navy seal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wbVIgVi66k&feature=related

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not saying you have very good odds but to just up and accept defeat is not the way I was raised.

There is a difference between thinking you can do something, and being delusional.  Check up on how apes fight, how strong they are, and the documented cases of humans vs apes.  

All the confidence in the world can't beat reality.

Chimps go right for the balls first. They really know how to fuck up your day...and sex life.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Humans are ill equipped for hand to hand fighting compared to wildlife.  We would get our ass handed to us by a wolf or a chimp.  This is why we have weapons to even the playing field.  Even a knife would make a huge difference.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah, but how often do you think the individual chose a full-grown, healthy lion?

Also, that's not quite the same as having to fist fight the lion.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Knowing you can't win must do wonders for you guys when you face challenges...

I'm not saying you have very good odds but to just up and accept defeat is not the way I was raised.

Lol.  Right.  You should keep a "positive outlook" when a semi truck is coming at you at 50 mph.  After all, you shouldn't admit defeat - you could go all superhero on it and the truck could hit you and bounce off.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Humans have strength too, however it is invested in dense muscle. We're better at lifting a 10 pound weight 100 times, as opposed to a 100 pound weight 10 times. This is because humans are natural built distance runners, not fighters. But since we became intelligent enough to use advanced tools, we became unstoppable killing machines. Loose the tools are best bet is booking it.

In short we have strength too, but it's distributed differently.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#9]
You know what?  I'm sick of this thread.  I'm going to go beat up a chimpanzee just to show all you weaklings how we roll 'round these parts.
A couple baboons, a wolf, and a gorilla, too, if I can find them.

I hate those things.
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I would say no.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#11]
The wolf maybe, but no chance on the chimp without a weapon.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Chimp?  Not a chance.

Wolf?  Slight to good chance, depending on the person.

Wolves?  Not a chance.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I think he might be able to beat the chimp using the wolf, or vice versa

If it's a "wolf/chimp", then there's no fucking way

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Wolf yes if the terrain is neutral.
Guy was attacked by a rabid wolf this fall and he got it into a head lock the called for his hunting partners to shoot it.
He did get bit and had to get the shots.

Always have a couple of knives on me that are easy to get to with either hand.

Chimps no way in hell.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I voted yes... i am assuming the 11rds of .45 in my ccw could do the trick.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd be willing to bet you could bluff a wolf out of attacking.  I think a chimp will be encouraged if you try and challange it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Chimp = superhuman strength and agility (literally).  Get over it "tough guys", a chimp half your size would rip your balls off and bite off your fingers and face faster than a bum on a balogney sandwich.  It's just the way the natural world works, and why we have adapted to use and develop tools to even the odds.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top