BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I see it all the time,perfectly OK. No one will think twice in Dallas.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say go for it. get a pair of pimp ostrich or snake skin. I have friends that rock it

I don't think I'm "pimp" enough for snake skin, but ostrich is a definite possibility...as is a nice set of cigar colored alligators.

If you go ostrich, find a pair that are side and belly.  They have a more refined look.  They still have the quil marks, just not as many.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have been wanting a pair of cowboy boots.  I wanna get back to my roots.  I am afraid I am too tall for boots.  I am 6'4"

if that concerned about height look for ropers or a walking heel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ask yourself, "Do I want to look like Gene Simmons?"

Only Two Words "Fuck" and "Yes"  I wear boots because they make my tongue longer.

if I had 7" platforms with demon head soles I'd rock that shit every day, even with shorts.

And the thread has officially plunged into the GD abyss.  At least I got some good discussion before we went full retard.

You never go full retard.

I'm sorry for ruining the decorum of GD.

You may now go back to discussing costume footwear for the business professional.

I like a nice dark suit with hoplite sandals. It conveys dedication of purpose, and a never-say-die attitude.

http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/forum/60292-thumb2.jpg

Nobody want's to see hairy toes or toenail fungus... OP needs to get some of these:

I may have to look into a pair of those for myself.  This thread has also made me want a new pair of boots.  Right now, I have a cheap pair that are ok in small doses.  I used to have a nice pair of Dan Post boots years ago.  I also had a very cool pair of Abilene boots that were in sueded python.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say go for it. get a pair of pimp ostrich or snake skin. I have friends that rock it

I don't think I'm "pimp" enough for snake skin, but ostrich is a definite possibility...as is a nice set of cigar colored alligators.

If you go ostrich, find a pair that are side and belly.  They have a more refined look.  They still have the quil marks, just not as many.

Ostrich "Leg" is also worth looking at.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ostrich "Leg" is also worth looking at.

I haven't seen leg before, I'll have to look into that.  One of the nicest pair of boots I had ever seen were horned crocadile.  They were around $1000 a pair back in 1999.  The alligator were in the $500 to $600.  I think I paid around $250 for the sueded python ( I miss those boots, they were ruined when a pipe in the wall burst and flooded the closet) and came damn close to buying a $300 beaver hat to go with them.  I had just finished my Associates degree and was working as a laborer for a petroleum pipeline maint. company.  

I went from part time fast food to a full time $10/hr, atleast 50/hr a week job.  I had no bills since I technically lived at home.  I say technically since my job had me living out of motels during the week and I was crashing at friends' houses and apartment after hitting clubs and parties on the weekends.  Pretty much, I only went to my parents house for dinner, to change clothes, and to sleep on Sunday nights before heading out again on Monday to work.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got back from Scheplers, they had a nice selection of Lucchese and Dan Post.  I like the Lucchese better.  I looked around at the Ostrich (full quill and no quill), Ostrich Leg (quite nice, but not one piece leather due to the small legs), Elephant, Alligator, Horned Crocodile (Caimen), Goat and Kangaroo.  I know I want a dark brown, spit shined boot, so that part is taken care of.  And of all the leather I looked at the Horned Croc (caimen) looked the best.  But the Kangaroo feel the best .  So for my dream boots I'd be looking for a set of custom order Lucchese's in Kangaroo uppers, Horned Caimen main foot, and Elephant heels.  Turn around time is 3-4mo, and I'd be looking at $2000 .

So I'll probably end up with a set of Horned Caimen Cigar colored standard toe boots off the shelf since I need these ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just got back from Scheplers, they had a nice selection of Lucchese and Dan Post.  I like the Lucchese better.  I looked around at the Ostrich (full quill and no quill), Ostrich Leg (quite nice, but not one piece leather due to the small legs), Elephant, Alligator, Horned Crocodile (Caimen), Goat and Kangaroo.  I know I want a dark brown, spit shined boot, so that part is taken care of.  And of all the leather I looked at the Horned Croc (caimen) looked the best.  But the Kangaroo feel the best .  So for my dream boots I'd be looking for a set of custom order Lucchese's in Kangaroo uppers, Horned Caimen main foot, and Elephant heels.  Turn around time is 3-4mo, and I'd be looking at $2000 .

So I'll probably end up with a set of Horned Caimen Cigar colored standard toe boots off the shelf since I need these ASAP.

Those should work out as a good pair of dress boots.  Like I said in the post above you, the horned are probably one of the nicest boots I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My most comfortable boots are Lucchese.  I've worn most of the big boot makers.  My old kangaroo boots lasted forever and were tough as nails (I think they were Nocona?).  Unfortunately they eventually tore (caught a toe riding motorcycles through the brush...yes, it hurt).
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I think dress cowboy boots are fine with a suit unless you work at a really stuffy place.    Here is what I wear with my suits everyday.  Allen Edmonds Dalton  I have all the comfort of boots, but it looks to the world like I'm wearing regular wingtips.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I suspect they wouldn't be appropriate for some of the metro lady-boys who have weighed in on this thread.

I'd suck your dick for saying that.

But, I get what you're saying. If I were selling RV's in Laredo, I'd totally dress like Urban Cowboy Goes to a Funeral.

It's tasteful, when you're not in a tasteful setting....such as Texas.

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Who wears a suit and tie in the summer time in Texas? Beside lawyers and politicians?

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, but less is more. I got a pair of custom boots made but they're plain black leather ropers, I don't like the higher heel and pointy toes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good enough for for Ron:

http://www.pbase.com/terry_56/image/137353187.jpg

Good enough for George:

http://www.pbase.com/terry_56/image/137353188.jpg

Hell - even good enough for Bill:

http://www.pbase.com/terry_56/image/137353205.jpg

Good enough for me, I see it all the time here in AZ - some people can pull it off, others can't.

Wow. Even Clinton did it.

Lets see Obama's. I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks dumb IMO.  Are you going to add a bolo tie with it?

Just because they don't look good with scrubs or cheap suits you don't have to rain on our parade

Funny you say that.  Used to work with a doc who liked to wear cowboy boots with scrubs.  Cool guy other than he looked ridiculous like that.  

He made up for by wearing suspenders instead of a belt when he wore non-scrubs to the hospital.  Was very awesome.  I can't wait until I'm old enough to pull off that look.

Make sure you wear bowties, and give out lolipops to your pediatric patients. Have to do that too in order to complete the "old doddering doc that isn't subject to the dress code or infection control rules" look.

Tape measure suspenders with scrubs. I've seen it before. It takes some age and experience to pull that one off.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I personally don't like it, but I see it every day.

I thought it was verboten to say such things.....

On the record, you really need to be able to pull off the boots and suit thing, it can backfire....IMVHO
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#20]

You know he's packing a lcp in that photo as well so it gives the "come and take it" a bit more of a punch.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm a mid 30's professional from Dallas who travels regularly for my job.  Whenever I am on-site I wear suits.  Yesterday I was walking down the stairs in my last pair of leather dress shoes and I had the sole split on me.  Instead of having a cobbler fix these, or buying new ones...I'm thinking of buying nice cowboy boots to go in their place.  

What say you, hive?  Are cowboy boots and a business suit acceptable?

My UberBoss wears Cowboy boots  whether he is in suit and lab coat or scrubs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good enough for for Ron:

http://www.pbase.com/terry_56/image/137353187.jpg

Good enough for George:

http://www.pbase.com/terry_56/image/137353188.jpg

Hell - even good enough for Bill:

http://www.pbase.com/terry_56/image/137353205.jpg

Good enough for me, I see it all the time here in AZ - some people can pull it off, others can't.

Wow. Even Clinton did it.

Lets see Obama's. I won't hold my breath.

This is as close as that dufus came - and he ain't no Cleavon Little as Sheriff Bart....

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#23]

We would have been golden if he had won.

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I know many successful business men as well as lawyers and doctors and at least one judge who wear primarily boots with their suits.  Most politicians and many other judges do as well.  The rest of the country is basically trash so I wouldn't worry about their windbreaker with plaid slacks and penny loafer fashion statements.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

We would have been golden if he had won.

Mexico agrees with you.

Heh, he's better than Mittens, I'll give you that.

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I once went with Vendor A over Vendor B because, all else being equal, Vendor A's sales rep was wearing a nice pair of custom boots with his suit.

True story.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#27]
normal down here, but they must be polished and not distressed like a-bare said. My dad and quite a few of my co-workers wear them. We all wear suits on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Awe fuck GD for the most part, Go Luchesse and dont look back.  Cigar Hornback Caiman Gator are the shit!  Ostrich Belly cut are also nice.  The same ones saying no Cowboy Boots their Western have not a fuckiing clue and wear combat boots with jeans.......    I had this fight last year with GD.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:05:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ask yourself, "Do I want to look like Gene Simmons?"

Fuck yeah!  Who don't?    (to be read in AFT's Jungle Recon voice)
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 5:00:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Cowboy boots are totally acceptable with suits IMHO

If you are fat or short don't do it. You end up looking like boss hog.

No pleated pants, the pleats ruin the boot effect.

Also don't wear any other western stuff, you end up looking like bronco billy, a subtle matching belt is ok.

Don't wear a cheap suit and expensive boots or the other way around.

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suspect they wouldn't be appropriate for some of the metro lady-boys who have weighed in on this thread.

I'd suck your dick for saying that.

But, I get what you're saying. If I were selling RV's in Laredo, I'd totally dress like Urban Cowboy Goes to a Funeral.

It's tasteful, when you're not in a tasteful setting....such as Texas.

Ouch.

I nominate Swingset for official leader of the "Texas Sucks" arfcom group.
Speed

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have been wanting a pair of cowboy boots.  I wanna get back to my roots.  I am afraid I am too tall for boots.  I am 6'4"

Nonsense!  I'm 6'6" and wear my Ostrich Ariats on a daily basis.  I look pretty damn sharp in them, too!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#34]
You could always go with a pair of ropers to bridge the gap between western boots and dress shoes.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top