User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It does not look like she is a pilot.

Those are not pilot wings. I don’t know what type of wings those are either. Not WSO wings.

Looks like she is sitting in the back of an F-15E

Maybe an incentive ride?

Her flight suit is too loose.
Her gloves are too big.

She has no rank on her shoulder, so that is a loner flight suit.

I don’t know what she does, but I don’t think she sits in the back of a mud hen as a job.

ETA.  Those are enlisted aircrew Reaper wings, so she does something with the reaper program.
View Quote

My BIL (medical O in the AF) has his family photos taken in front of F-35s on the flight line and has his "war room" adorned with relics he bought as they still have tags on them plus all the bogus "squadron/wing/flight" swag the AF is so fond of. This fronting seems to be AF wide unless you're a pilot or a TACP/JTAC. O's gonna O.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
With no dick? I'm stunned. Is that even legal?
View Quote

This is 100% the choice of an organization trying to keep itself from dying. White, straight, female, active military winner from flyover country?

Or maybe they got paid. Like how recruitment ads suddenly show white men doing manly things again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey my state got something right for once. She’s cute and certainly sounds smart and ambitious according to what @Mach has posted.

I don’t know shit about fuck so I’ll take his word for it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Does that Air Force have an MOS for this?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
she is standing on the shoulders of generations of people living like they had some sense....funny how that works
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Gorgeous gal for sure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#7]
ITT some fat dudes are being critical of a woman perusing her masters for not finishing her fighter pilot training yet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A cute white blonde girl? That's shocking
View Quote

No kidding. I expected this to be a dude in drag.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, for these modern times, it IS.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, I met her back in 2019 when I went back for my class reunion.

She was just a freshman then, but she put  out a vibe that you could tell she was going places.

And yes, very much an OEM female….despite being hidden under the uniform at the time.

That now makes two USAFA grads  that i know  who went to the Kennedy school at Harvard.

Not the greatest pedigree you know.

Military academy post Obama and then Harvard.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
She is cute and an achiever, but this is why real journalism is dead.

She is 22 years old. Graduated the academy last year, ie 2023. And is now at the Kennedy School of Govt in a Masters program.

There has been no time to go to a year of pilot training or 6 months of fight qualification training.

Yet this article implies she is a USAF Fighter Pilot by calling her a pilot, saying she is in the Air Force and showing her standing in front of an F-16

https://nypost.com/2024/01/15/news/pilot-madison-marsh-becomes-first-active-duty-air-force-officer-to-win-miss-america-title/

She is beautiful, An academy grad, no easy feat, got into the Kennedy School of govt for a Masters degree, even harder achievement, yet they still imply she is a fighter pilot.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

She is 22 years old. Graduated the academy last year, ie 2023. And is now at the Kennedy School of Govt in a Masters program.

There has been no time to go to a year of pilot training or 6 months of fight qualification training.

Yet this article implies she is a USAF Fighter Pilot by calling her a pilot, saying she is in the Air Force and showing her standing in front of an F-16

https://nypost.com/2024/01/15/news/pilot-madison-marsh-becomes-first-active-duty-air-force-officer-to-win-miss-america-title/

She is beautiful, An academy grad, no easy feat, got into the Kennedy School of govt for a Masters degree, even harder achievement, yet they still imply she is a fighter pilot.

This article says she's currently in Top Gun school.  I have no idea if that is realistic.  If you already have a pilot's license, can you get fast tracked in the AF?

https://www.ibtimes.sg/who-madison-marsh-us-air-force-pilot-training-be-top-gun-also-first-active-duty-officer-vying-73058

A fighter pilot undergoing training in the U.S. Air Force, aiming for a Top Gun qualification, could also become the next Miss America. Madison Marsh, the reigning champion of the Centennial State pageant, is set to make history this weekend as the first active-duty Air Force officer to compete for the Miss America title.

Marsh, 22, acquired her pilot's license at the age of 17. She is now a U.S. Air Force 2nd lieutenant with a coveted spot for fighter pilot training. In May 2023, she was crowned Miss Colorado, just before she graduated from the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) and was commissioned as an Air Force Officer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Well hey, the army has lujan and I’m sure it is working well. The airforce needs one as well. Can’t entice young white men into joining the armed forces with tranny promos’s.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Now I think she is sitting in the back of what looks like a viper.  The seat is slanted back too far for an F-15.
View Quote

Plus missile(s) on the wingtips

Could the wings on that patch be for having completed flight training (in the cirrus or diamond single engine prop planes) they use at the academy?   Or they have a glider club too
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#14]
< than a 50% chance she will have children.

Her replacements are streaming across the border as she plays drag in a man role "protecting the country".

This is no different than a man being trans with the same final effect on the country & simps cheer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This article says she's currently in Top Gun school.  I have no idea if that is realistic.  If you already have a pilot's license, can you get fast tracked in the AF?

https://www.ibtimes.sg/who-madison-marsh-us-air-force-pilot-training-be-top-gun-also-first-active-duty-officer-vying-73058

View Quote

It doesn't say that.

Next week, you guys will have Trump considering her to be the next Sec of Defense.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#16]
She is HOT!

She is smart.

She is serving the country.

So far so good!

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Have to admit, the AF gets the hottest chicks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Those are not pilot wings. I don’t know what type of wings those are either. Not WSO wings.

Maybe an incentive ride?

Her gloves are too big.

I don’t know what she does, but I don’t think she sits in the back of a mud hen as a job.

ETA.  Those are enlisted aircrew Reaper wings, so she does something with the reaper program.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Maybe an incentive ride?

Her gloves are too big.

Her flight suit says "Miss Colorado," so I'll assume that was a photo op and not trying to pass off that she's a pilot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Maybe an incentive ride?

Her gloves are too big.

View Quote

Fox interviewed her this weekend
She got an F-16D backseat ride
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not O.E., look at her eyebrows. WTF, they can't dye them to match? Still wood though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#22]
People complaining she’s not a pilot sitting in a plain need to get a grip.  

I was a grunt.  If I had the opportunity to take a picture in a tank or cobra I would have done it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Maybe an incentive ride?

Her gloves are too big.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Maybe an incentive ride?

Her gloves are too big.

Those are not enlisted wings. With the exception of the handful of enlisted RQ-4 pilots sporting RPA pilot wings, the center of all enlisted AF wings are round, not shields. Shields are an officer thing.

Those are officer aircrew wings. They are awarded/earned for several different things. One common group who wears them are Flight Test Engineers. Her degree leads me to believe she may be classified as one, at least for the time being.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Maybe an incentive ride?

Her gloves are too big.

View Quote

Took a lot of googling:

Commissioned in 2023 and is 22 years old so no way she is an AF pilot.  
Found an article with other pics from “familiarization flight” saying the she would soon be starting flight school.  That’s why her shit doesn’t fit and looks brand new.  She presumably was a cadet at the time.  
She does have her private pilot license.  
Saying she is “training to be a top gun” is comical at best, I hope the reporter made that line up!

Her Wikipedia page is all about miss America and only has 1 sentence about the AF.  
The army has rules about letting people get out who come into money, get famous, or get knocked up because the thought is that the Army will no longer be their priority in life.  

Whatever, good for her, maybe they can use her to help recruiting.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So everything is a recruiting commercial? Even when it looks like a news story?

You are probably right. Maybe I am different, but the lies and wrong implications turn me away, not bring me closer, no matter what it is about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe an incentive ride?

Her gloves are too big.

Most of the Air Force doesn't fly or have flight wings. But what is the Air Force known for? Flying planes of course!

So if you want people to join you don't show air plane mechanics, logistics people, or other support you show people in flight suits in planes.

So everything is a recruiting commercial? Even when it looks like a news story?

You are probably right. Maybe I am different, but the lies and wrong implications turn me away, not bring me closer, no matter what it is about.

No, you are right. Media "spin" is BS.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Behold the power of makeup.
View Quote

Yeah, boy.

Years ago we met a woman at a friend's house. Attractive. She did some modeling over in Atlanta.

then we saw her portfolio............
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#27]
looks like a Fox News anchor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#28]
There is some serious gayness in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It doesn't say that.

Next week, you guys will have Trump considering her to be the next Sec of Defense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't say that.

At least she wouldn't get prostate cancer.

It says, "A fighter pilot undergoing training in the U.S. Air Force, aiming for a Top Gun qualification." and "She is now a U.S. Air Force 2nd lieutenant with a coveted spot for fighter pilot training."

First sentence says she /is/ a fighter pilot, second sentence says she is in /fighter pilot training/.  Read it how you want.  Shrug.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#30]
You guys are focused on irrelevant shit...and only two photos of her in entire thread? This place isn't the insightful research tool it used to be...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Behold the power of makeup.
View Quote

What is your point?  If it makes her feel more feminine then go for it.  I also don’t mind people with dental implants or women with breast implants.

I am don’t into the drag queen BS that Biden and marry band of misfits and weirdos push.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Now I think she is sitting in the back of what looks like a viper.  The seat is slanted back too far for an F-15.
View Quote

It is an incentive ride in an OT tail Viper.  Total photo shoot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#33]
She looks to be too high maintenance for me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Could the wings on that patch be for having completed flight training (in the cirrus or diamond single engine prop planes) they use at the academy?   Or they have a glider club too
View Quote

Those are not g wing
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You know what they say once you get past the Stanke you got her licked

sorry that was last year's Miss America

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200198/images__1__jpeg-3095157.JPG
View Quote

one in the pinke, one in the stanke?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Those are not enlisted wings. With the exception of the handful of enlisted RQ-4 pilots sporting RPA pilot wings, the center of all enlisted AF wings are round, not shields. Shields are an officer thing.

Those are officer aircrew wings. They are awarded/earned for several different things. One common group who wears them are Flight Test Engineers. Her degree leads me to believe she may be classified as one, at least for the time being.
View Quote

More than likely a filler job afyer the usafa.

They sent you usually to academy jobs, until say pilot training starts but real smart ones get admin positions with test/reserch teams.

Looks like a 16d  at luke or vegas( brown building in the back)
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not at all what I pictured.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not nit picking.

She is an impressive young lady with very impressive achievements. Academy grad and graduate program at the Kennedy school of govt is a very selective path, more impressive than pilot training slot and beauty queen and those are pretty impressive too.

I don’t know why, I should know better, but I still hate what the media does to what used to be the news. They imply untrue shit instead of just telling the story with facts even when the facts are impressive by themselves.

Maybe it is just incompetence .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you fuckers will not pick everything

lol

Not nit picking.

She is an impressive young lady with very impressive achievements. Academy grad and graduate program at the Kennedy school of govt is a very selective path, more impressive than pilot training slot and beauty queen and those are pretty impressive too.

I don’t know why, I should know better, but I still hate what the media does to what used to be the news. They imply untrue shit instead of just telling the story with facts even when the facts are impressive by themselves.

Maybe it is just incompetence .

Groomed for a top slot in the company...maybe even POTUS
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My BIL (medical O in the AF) has his family photos taken in front of F-35s on the flight line and has his "war room" adorned with relics he bought as they still have tags on them plus all the bogus "squadron/wing/flight" swag the AF is so fond of. This fronting seems to be AF wide unless you're a pilot or a TACP/JTAC. O's gonna O.
View Quote

Your bil might be fake but plenty of non flyers that have i.love me walls full.of stuff.

I know a doc that has all kinds of team stuff on his wall.  It looks laughable.

He save seals on a mountsin top after a hard helo crash in 2001/2 afg while having his own broken back.

Sometimes swag is legit

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Maybe an incentive ride?

Her gloves are too big.

View Quote

It appears she has been selected for Viper training.  

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/2024/01/15/madison-marsh-miss-america-beauty-queen-part-fighter-pilot/72186904007/
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#42]

I was expecting a man and clicked to see if I was right.  I was pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

No kidding. She’s not DEI Approved
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm always surprised that Ms America is still a thing
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fox interviewed her this weekend
She got an F-16D backseat ride
View Quote

Their headline sure is a bit different… LOL

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OEM vagene?

Gotta ask these days.
View Quote

Won't believe til I see it anymore.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A fighter pilot undergoing training in the U.S. Air Force, aiming for a Top Gun qualification, could also become the next Miss America. Madison Marsh, the reigning champion of the Centennial State pageant, is set to make history this weekend as the first active-duty Air Force officer to compete for the Miss America title.

Marsh, 22, acquired her pilot's license at the age of 17. She is now a U.S. Air Force 2nd lieutenant with a coveted spot for fighter pilot training. In May 2023, she was crowned Miss Colorado, just before she graduated from the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) and was commissioned as an Air Force Officer.

No you can’t get fast tracked for being a civilian pilot.

This is a classic example of a bullshit article. Some headline says pilot. AF Officer and shows a pic of her in the back seat of an F-16 and or standing in front of one and other news articles now say she is a fighter pilot and mixing up AF and Navy terms. There is no AF Top Gun. There may be a top of the pilot training class, but the term Top Gun is a very specific Navy Training school, and label. It doesn’t work like that either. You don’t get a slot for fighter pilot training until you complete the first part of pilot training and you are put into a track. She may not even graduate from pilot training, lots of people don’t for various reasons.

Journalists no longer fact check anything. Half of what they write is just flat out wrong.

She is probably embarrassed by all this bad info. She has plenty of accomplishments that set her apart, I don’t see why the media has to get so much wrong when the things she has already done are far and above most of her peers already. They should sing those praises instead of making shit up. She will probably take shit when she does get to pilot training due to all the untrue bullshit in the media about her.

I wish her luck. It is a demanding path she is on and I wish her success.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be, I don’t know. I found a pick online that said enlisted reaper program. It could just be something somebody put together when they had the Miss Colorado name put on it. Somebody ordered it, that somebody may have just picked that wing insignia for no special reason or like you said maybe they use that insignia for the academy flight training program.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It doesn't say that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't say that.

It does specifically say she I a fighter pilot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Maybe an incentive ride?

Her gloves are too big.

View Quote

The flight suit photo has a name tag for "Ms Colorado."  She was "Ms Colorado" while a cadet at USAFA.  I am guessing they are photos taken while she was a cadet.  There's a Guardian article showing her getting ready in the same uniform for an fam flight at Nellis in a Viper:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12963441/Miss-Colorado-makes-history-serving-soldier-crowned-Miss-America-Air-Force-pilot-22-training-Gun-fighter-pilot-graduating-Harvard.html

I would wager its a silly non regulation cadet name tag and the wings are meaningless -- perhaps a gift even from someone who didn't know the difference.  Because no cadet has ever worn anything slightly out of regs, ever before.

As a 2LT I'd expect her to be en route to UPT.  She is a commissioned officer with a private pilot's license and has a pilot slot per the Guardian.  While PA is stretching a bit and she may not yet be a fully qualified military pilot it seems technically accurate to call her a pilot.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top