Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
A Beaver or Raccoon that woke up to someone saying "NICE KITTY" ......
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Labrador mix
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cougar. They found one in CT a few years back that was hit by a car. Since there aren't supposed to be any Eastern Mountain Lions left anywhere, the wildlife biologists did genetic testing and found it was from  1500 miles out west. It just wandered east until it got squished on a road.
View Quote
I personally daw a mountain lion in SE MA while bow hunting deer 7 years ago and reported it to fish and game. They did not believe me and said nope there arent any. I was 30 yards away and there is no doubt.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Manbearpig
View Quote
Aw shit, this could be super cereal.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
BOP
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Something large stalked my brother on the beach on Hilton Head a few years ago late at night.

Said he barely saw it in the pitch black (no moon cloud cover etc) had an undulating movement.

Watched it until he decided it was headed in his direction and said fuck that and came back to the timeshare.

Heard SOMETHING let out a weird ass howl I had never heard when we were talking about it.

Been down there near 40 years and never ran into anything like that.

When I heard the howl I was like WTF FUCK THAT NOISE lol.

My guess? A Cougar or a Panther or something along those lines.

Definitely not a canine nor a gator based on how it was moving and the weird ass creepy howl.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I grew up not far from there. It’s in the middle of nowhere. Swamp land all around, huge row crop farms and fishing.

Panthers have been spotted before but it’s few and far between.

Bear are literally everywhere and the gubment introduced redwolves years back in this part of the state. They now interbreed with the coyotes and you can’t tell a wolf from a coyote at a distance.

Should be interesting to find out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Swamp ape
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cougar. They found one in CT a few years back that was hit by a car. Since there aren't supposed to be any Eastern Mountain Lions left anywhere, the wildlife biologists did genetic testing and found it was from  1500 miles out west. It just wandered east until it got squished on a road.
View Quote
I saw one in Beverly town in Amherst county Virginia about 25 years ago. I had just come out of the woods and got into my truck. I came around a bend in the gravel road and it was just standing there looking at me then it turned and leaped up the 15 foot bank in one jump. It had about a 3 foot long tail.  Where it was standing in the road was only about 30 yards from where I came out of the woods.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What I heard about why wildlife agencies deny claims about big cats in the east is if there are big cats then they are endangered. Endangered animals cost money out of budgets, if it is a case of one being out of their natural habitat no plan is needed. Once the population is large enough then the agency can state that the species is in the area in large enough numbers to not need protection. But that is just what I was told at my club by one of the older hunters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Negative.  SC DNR will NOT admit there are Panthers in SC.
It took TWRA a long time to admit big cats are in TN.  I never really understood why they denied it for so long.
What I heard about why wildlife agencies deny claims about big cats in the east is if there are big cats then they are endangered. Endangered animals cost money out of budgets, if it is a case of one being out of their natural habitat no plan is needed. Once the population is large enough then the agency can state that the species is in the area in large enough numbers to not need protection. But that is just what I was told at my club by one of the older hunters.
I was told this in a PGC hunters safety class in PA in the 90s.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Manbearpig
Excelsior!
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#12]
She clearly had information that could lead to the arrest and prosecution of Hillary Clinton.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I am still convinced that I saw a jaguar in the texas hill country ten years ago.  It could have easily wandered up from mexico.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#14]
This is clearly the work of Percy, the giant Chihuahua.  The signs are unmistakable.  Teeny, tiny little itsy, bitsy tooth marks and scratches at a height that only a medium-sized, or slightly bigger, dog could reach.

Percy recently escaped from a South Carolina target store during an extremely confusing and volatile gender-based bathroom incident involving his owner: a fat, white, large-breasted, fedora-wearing, pony-tailed self-avowed "internet white knight" who lives in his mother's basement, is dedicated to his monogamous relationship with "the twins" (his left and right hands), and claims to be "87% sure" that he is a black, Russian, native American, oriental, trans-gendered, lesbian, gay, bear, bottom that self-identifies as a transforming Chinese made French attack helicopter with a Spanish pilot currently deployed in Africa and capable of changing into a toaster.  "Not just the two slice kind, but the one that can toast up to four things at once including bagels or English Muffins."

The incident began about 3:30pm when the suspect was found outside of the restrooms, staring at each as if trying to decide where to go, holding a massive bag of dicks and a 55-gal barrel of anal lube.  Customers notified management who immediately called law enforcement.  Traffic was shut down for 10 miles in every direction as 262 SWAT teams from across the East coast responded to what many officers called the "most terrifying call they had ever imagined".

The situation was tense for over 5 hours while officers attempted to negotiate, during which the suspect "bladed at 45" multiple times (only to find himself to actually be a bigger target in that position), repeatedly screeched "you shall not touch my gun" (the suspect was not armed), and screamed like a little girl.

A little after 9:00pm, officers launched multiple 6-packs of Mt Dew and bags of Cheetos at the suspect.  Taking advantage of the distraction, they rushed the suspect and were able to overcome him/her/it(?).  Not without casualties, though, as six officers were "donged" (hit with a large, black dildo) and the bomb robot was sexually assaulted.  All are currently on paid leave, suffering from PTSD.

Officers are still working to determine a motive.  Along with the bag of dicks and large container of anal lube, they also discovered a backpack full of paper plates, duct tape, rubber gloves, bungee cords,  multiple cans of imitation crab meat, multiple cans of sardines, a fruit platter, and a map to somewhere in New York that the suspect referred to as the "Penguins hole".

If you see Percy, be very, very careful.  Being a Chihuahua, he is always provoked, making him very dangerous.  No matter what you do, do NOT laugh at the words "Giant Chihuahua" if he is within hearing distance.

Or it could be Littlefoot, Bigfoot's size sensitive cousin...

Either way, be very afraid.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL, same with Kansas, even though there are numerous game camera pictures and videos.

Hell, they just found one dead in a farmers field here a couple weeks ago with a shotgun wound to the face. Last I heard they were trying to say it was an escaped pet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
WVDNR's position is that native cats are extinct and any that we come across are just really far from home.
View Quote
A young male can very commonly cover many hundreds of miles looking for suitable open territory.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#17]
This was the work of a dogman not a bigfoot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going with Dogman.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm going with Dogman.
View Quote
Any wildlife official  that searched the site of the killing would have found bigcat tracks if it was a lion. This is another cover up by saying they want to DNA test.  Yup Dogman
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fucking Dogman
View Quote
The last of them?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It took TWRA a long time to admit big cats are in TN.  I never really understood why they denied it for so long.
View Quote
Because some chucklehead will invoke the ESA and a court will severly cutail area recreation and stop all consumptive use of potential prey.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#23]
raza de paz
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#24]
No one said Dragons yet so I'll go with that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Any wildlife official  that searched the site of the killing would have found bigcat tracks if it was a lion. This is another cover up by saying they want to DNA test.  Yup Dogman
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Any mysterious killing is the work of my arch enemy, catman.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#27]
There are no samsquanches in eastern NC.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I personally daw a mountain lion in SE MA while bow hunting deer 7 years ago and reported it to fish and game. They did not believe me and said nope there arent any. I was 30 yards away and there is no doubt.
View Quote
Some years back I was talking to a guy who's hunting partner saw one in Myles Standish while they were turkey hunting. People out in the Berkshires swear up and down that they have them out there and have for years. There was also two confirmed mountain lions in the Quabbin, one in 1997 and another in 2011.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Human.

Panther.
View Quote
Panther is a possibility. NC still has some black panthers. Or bear, wolf or coyote. It is illegal
to shoot coyotes in Beaufort County. They are afraid you will mistake a wolf for one. Would that
be a bad thing?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same reason NC will not, even though they know they are there. It will open
a bunch of bureaucracy if it is admitted to.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Human.

Panther.
If the State denies having Cats living within its boarders, the state doesn't have to develop management plans and all the regulations that go with it. It save the DNR in this case $$$. Or at least it makes it so the DNR does have to now rob from other accounts to fund the new animal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Probably a pitbear
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Panther is a possibility. NC still has some black panthers. Or bear, wolf or coyote. It is illegal
to shoot coyotes in Beaufort County. They are afraid you will mistake a wolf for one. Would that
be a bad thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Human.

Panther.
be a bad thing?
Coyotes don't usually pick on full size humans.

Wolf, maybe.

Black bears are usually scared shitless of humans in my experience... But every now and then there's one that isn't, and they are serious trouble.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#34]
A 77 yo teacher? Should have retired at least 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#35]
My guess is a comecogollos.
I blame the democratics
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
be a bad thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Human.

Panther.
be a bad thing?
You can still shoot coyotes, just not at night.   Same as in Hyde, Dare, Tyrrell, and Washington counties.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Carolina Panther
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Pitbull
View Quote
Probably
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#39]
just a short faced bear

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Pig
View Quote
ManBearPig
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Someone lost their Gimp.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I never understood why people gave a damn what some state department’s opinion was either way on what animal resides where.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bath salts?

Maybe Florida Man was on vacation?
View Quote
Synthetic drug zombie.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, this happened in North Carolina so...
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#45]
It was either a Wampus Cat or Trump.

Probably Trump.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Carolina Panther
View Quote
Rae Carruth?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Probably a couple Nigerian dudes with MAGA hats killed that woman.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Flatearther
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Superstitious crowd,...... it was an ar15 mag.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#50]
bring back the short faced bear.  It was bigger than the polar bear.  Way bigger and meaner too.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top