Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Obviously you are right handed, based on the location of your group.
View Quote
Like I said, mediocre.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Tagging for info
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
so SIG violates Steyr's patent on the chassis system (they're getting sued because of it), then messes up the drop safety?

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
no link to valid facts = FAKE NEWS
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
no link to valid facts = FAKE NEWS
View Quote
what's NEWA??

oh guess you changed it...
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't know how official this is, but this is from pistol-forum

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277883/IMG-0461-267877.JPG
View Quote
Interesting thing.....watching the video the slide fails to cycle when it supposedly fired.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Interesting thing.....watching the video the slide fails to cycle when it supposedly fired.
View Quote
Because it's a blank.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Because it's a blank.
View Quote
Actually, it's a primed empty case.

But yeah, of course it didn't cycle, it wasn't a "live" round. I'm a pretty stupid motherfucker myself, but fuck doing drop testing with a firearm with actual live rounds, that shit is dangerous.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Since I'm active in the P320 threads I'll assume you're referring to me.

I haven't worked for SIG is a few years now,and neither do most of the people I knew well.

It is disheartening to see a product you believe in and worked on go through such issues. I did a ton of work specifically drop testing the 320, so I do wonder what they changed to see an issue. I also have read about these same rumors with every major brand and PDs.

On one hand, the "evidence" for problems seems rather suspect. Most hear don't understand how the 320 trigger was designed to be inherently drop safe.

On the other, while SIG makes great guns they treat their employees like disposable tools and basically lays off half of their production staff every year. You have problems retaining institutional knowledge and consistent quality when you mass fire and rehire faster than people can learn the job.

I believe in their designs and product, but I'm sad to see how they treat employees and how that affects their final product.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. I was called a liar when the 320 first came out for saying a couple guys in a 3 day class I was in, had the giant takedown levers cut the fuck out of their thumbs. On day 2 they went back to Glock. The "anything but Glock, Sig rules!!!!" fans assured me that 100rds slow fire at the square range developed no issues.

Then Sig released lo-pro levers, and I was told it may have been an issue but is fixed now... 

This thread is curiously missing a certain Sig employee that resembles Baghdad Bob at times when addressing serious Sig QC flaws...

And I had a friend with a 556R that was shit and get fucked on warranty, and a co-worker with a now discontinued 556 thats gonna son be fucked on future parts/repairs..
Since I'm active in the P320 threads I'll assume you're referring to me.

I haven't worked for SIG is a few years now,and neither do most of the people I knew well.

It is disheartening to see a product you believe in and worked on go through such issues. I did a ton of work specifically drop testing the 320, so I do wonder what they changed to see an issue. I also have read about these same rumors with every major brand and PDs.

On one hand, the "evidence" for problems seems rather suspect. Most hear don't understand how the 320 trigger was designed to be inherently drop safe.

On the other, while SIG makes great guns they treat their employees like disposable tools and basically lays off half of their production staff every year. You have problems retaining institutional knowledge and consistent quality when you mass fire and rehire faster than people can learn the job.

I believe in their designs and product, but I'm sad to see how they treat employees and how that affects their final product.
Hey. What I said was pretty shitty and a cheap shot. Im sorry.

Had some other stuff goin on last night and didnt need to lash out like a dick with that snark.

Again, my apologies.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not bullshit. Might have been Vickers but I think it was MAC. Saw it in a video or post by him a couple weeks ago. Maybe he'll come to this thread and clarify.
View Quote
It was MAC and iirc it was his third reliability test on the vp9 when he made the comment. It was a reply from HK to MAC on the two highly viewed videos where vp9 did extremely poorly. He also posted it on arfcom at least one time. Btw all three times the vp9 failed the test.

Edit: ok i rewatch his third video on the vp9 test. He made the comments around the 6 minutes mark after the vp9 failed again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nhUZa_q20Os
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to go full retard to drop a gun on purpose with a live round knowing it will go off. Probably did the test in his garage. Of course he is not going to use a live round. 
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Well the sig FCG is folded steel while the Steyr is a milled piece of metal, alco the SIG FCG is serial numbered and considered a firearms where the Steyr isn't.

Might be enough for SIG to win by proving the Steyr patent is vague and the 2 FCGs have many differences.

The Steyr is a part of the receiver and not considered a firearm where the SIG FCG is the firearm.

SIG had to have realized this years ago and planned for a upcoming lawsuit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea new Army handguns have a history of growing pains

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well the sig FCG is folded steel while the Steyr is a milled piece of metal, alco the SIG FCG is serial numbered and considered a firearms where the Steyr isn't.

Might be enough for SIG to win by proving the Steyr patent is vague and the 2 FCGs have many differences.

The Steyr is a part of the receiver and not considered a firearm where the SIG FCG is the firearm.

SIG had to have realized this years ago and planned for a upcoming lawsuit.
View Quote
any part of a gun can be the serialized part that is considered the firearm...chassis, frame, trigger housing.  It all depends of what part the manufacture submits to the ATF.  That has absolutely no bearing on the function or design.  It's a purely administrative detail
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Actually, it's a primed empty case.

But yeah, of course it didn't cycle, it wasn't a "live" round. I'm a pretty stupid motherfucker myself, but fuck doing drop testing with a firearm with actual live rounds, that shit is dangerous.
View Quote
Why? What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Look, I'm just passing it on. This is a gun board, this is an issue of interest to gun owners. I have no stock in Sig, do not own a Sig 320, and I do not give one infinitesimal fuck if you believe it or not. (Drops the Mike).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you and I know some people who know each other.  F'n small world, less than 7 degrees of seperation between you and any other random person on the face of the earth.  Mind boggling.
Look, I'm just passing it on. This is a gun board, this is an issue of interest to gun owners. I have no stock in Sig, do not own a Sig 320, and I do not give one infinitesimal fuck if you believe it or not. (Drops the Mike).
Well played.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
NO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submit an open records request to the Dallas Police Department asking for all emails generated on or after 7:00 AM July 28 with the words Sig, the numbers 320, or any combination thereof. You'll find your answer young grasshopper.
NO
Game, Set, and Match to ryann.  He smoked your ass.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well after watching that video and reading the text on that pic, I'm convinced op is not a douchebag, at least in this post
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Firearms Training Center is the official name of the DPD gun range. But fuck me, what do I know? just noticed the 6 stars blocking out the name of th department-pure coincidence that DALLAS is spelled with 6 letters.
Well after watching that video and reading the text on that pic, I'm convinced op is not a douchebag, at least in this post
Thank God for that.  Since you are thus convinced I may be able to sleep at night.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submit an open records request to the Dallas Police Department asking for all emails generated on or after 7:00 AM July 28 with the words Sig, the numbers 320, or any combination thereof. You'll find your answer young grasshopper.
NO
ryann knows TOP MEN
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thank God for that.  Since you are thus convinced I may be able to sleep at night.
View Quote
Warm whiskey and a hot ass woman, will help ya sleep even better..
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Shouldn't those cops, oh I don't know, maybe NOT DROP THEIR FIREARMS?

How many times were they dropped? On purpose? Or did they have a couple dozen cops drop their pistols on duty and they all went off?
View Quote
How many hours a day do you carry a pistol?  Have you ever dropped yours?

Do carpenters drop hammers or surgeons drop scalpels?

Get over yourself.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I agree. They should lock themselves in the station during their shift and avoid all human contact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They shouldn't do that. Their gun could go off.
I agree. They should lock themselves in the station during their shift and avoid all human contact.
Based on my last late night fill-up off 75 on Greenville Ave (my bad, I was running on fumes), there is not much chance of DPD having human contact during the night shift.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#25]
AKA the Beretta Exposively Modular Handgun System (EMHS)
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Warm whiskey and a hot ass woman, will help ya sleep even better..
View Quote
Ahhhhh the days of warm whiskey and hot women. So long ago.......
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They were just working the bugs out.

Nothing to see, move along.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Shouldn't those cops, oh I don't know, maybe NOT DROP THEIR FIREARMS?

How many times were they dropped? On purpose? Or did they have a couple dozen cops drop their pistols on duty and they all went off?
View Quote
I missed the above silliness earlier.  

Shouldn't you, oh, I don't know, maybe think before you post?

It's a pretty safe bet that every cop in America (even the fat ones) has done things like climb through a window, have an arrest turn into a wrestling match, have a suspect try to disarm them-- you know, stuff you've only seen in tv shows, movies, and video games-- while holding a gun.

But hey, keep thinking your 8 or 12 hour concealed handgun license class (with no retention training or even a minimum marksmanship requirement) taught you everything there is to know about carrying and using a pistol.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#29]
This thread has brought out Glock and Sig fanatics. Also a few HK haters decided to dive in.

Meanwhile I have been throwing my P320 around since reading this thread.

J/K.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It was MAC and iirc it was his third reliability test on the vp9 when he made the comment. It was a reply from HK to MAC on the two highly viewed videos where vp9 did extremely poorly. He also posted it on arfcom at least one time. Btw all three times the vp9 failed the test.

Edit: ok i rewatch his third video on the vp9 test. He made the comments around the 6 minutes mark after the vp9 failed again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not bullshit. Might have been Vickers but I think it was MAC. Saw it in a video or post by him a couple weeks ago. Maybe he'll come to this thread and clarify.

Thanks buddy. I love all the assholes that come out and call me a liar without knowing what the fuck they are talking about.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was down at the Sweet Frog getting some yogurt when I overheard a guy talking about his cousin, who lives in the next county over, who had talked about his nephew, who lives in my county, who was at church this past Sunday, when the conversation about military grade duty pistols came up. Then the guy who works on lawnmower engines said his girlfriends husband said he heard that them there Sig handguns be going bang when you drop them.....................
View Quote
Somebody did not read the thread before they shit-posted.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The SIG320 is an ugly piece of shit and is easily bested by Glock, M&P, and even the VP9 which is by far sub-par by HK's standards
View Quote
Interested as to why you feel VP9 sub-par.  It is not as beefy as the USP but seems to work just fine.

IM me if you like, to keep this thread on track.  Thx.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Specifically, I see a lot of "this is why striker guns have tabbed triggers".

I detail why this is here :
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/173064_.html&page=2&anc=1922878#i1922878
I'm not going to type all up again.

As for the drop testing, the P320 was dropped tested in accordance with Army TOP, NATO AC/225, and the ANSI/SAAMI standards that define what is drop safe for firearms. Then the engineers created increased difficulty standards far above those industry standards to flush out more possible issues.

Now, once again, that was early 2014. They very well could have had a qualify issue since then. But for all the "they should have tested the prototypes", we did, extensively. There's no testing like getting thousands of them into the hands of end users, and 5 generations later Glock still hasn't figured it out 100% either.

I have no real vested interest in its success at this point, there's not even one in my safe yet (there is a Glock and the M&P I carried at SIG). I just genuinely believe in it. I'm also not brand loyal either and can seperate my brand list from my dick size.
View Quote
Joe, thanks for this and the other posts with great information.  I personally believe the engineering for the P320 is solid.  The thing that concerns me is two-fold:  The constant turnover of personnel at SIG and recurrent issues with QC (specifically parts quality for subcontracted parts).  Cohen is still killing SIG.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I read somewhere on GD a while back that Glock takes potential clients to high-end strip clubs to help with the decision making process.  Don't know if it's true.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thanks buddy. I love all the assholes that come out and call me a liar without knowing what the fuck they are talking about.
View Quote
Repeating lies is still lying, you're just doing it out of ignorance instead of malice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Okay so I finally saw an e-mail on this from a neighboring agency. It doesn't show any proof or state any testing that was done, just that people have been made aware of an alleged problem. It does say "the manufacturer recommends not carrying a loaded chamber until ready to engage a course of fire." Apparently SIG is going to inspect the handgun in question to determine the cause.

Still sounds like no actual proof, but I do find the "manufacturer statement" line a bit concerning. I think I'll keep carrying my P320 though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Okay so I finally saw an e-mail on this from a neighboring agency. It doesn't show any proof or state any testing that was done, just that people have been made aware of an alleged problem. It does say "the manufacturer recommends not carrying a loaded chamber until ready to engage a course of fire." Apparently SIG is going to inspect the handgun in question to determine the cause.

Still sounds like no actual proof, but I do find the "manufacturer statement" line a bit concerning. I think I'll keep carrying my P320 though.
View Quote
Sounds like typical CYA...
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Didn't the Army just pick oh idk a couple pallets up themselves?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
....and that's  exactly where I got this information. From my brothers cousins garbage man.  Nevermind the fact that I'm retired from DPD, and have known this officer since he was a rookie now on the academy staff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, I need more than some random internet dude who heard it from a brothers cousins garbage man.
....and that's  exactly where I got this information. From my brothers cousins garbage man.  Nevermind the fact that I'm retired from DPD, and have known this officer since he was a rookie now on the academy staff.
AND your the only one in the room smart enough to fire this weapon......
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's pretty much a lawyer line for liability.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:09:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Are you assuming they can't?
View Quote
Yeah, I am, and not in a negative way (well negative towards the city budget people).  DPD only has 2 Bell 206B3s, both are a decade old.  Having two, puts more hours and thus stress on the airframes.  They have to replace parts and do more maintenance on the Air-1s, so they are down often.  Dont forget during the budget crunch in 2011, DPD was forced by Suhm to sell the Bell 407 which reduced the roster to two helicopters.  It sucks a city the size (population and square miles) of Dallas has only two helicopters, when other cities have similar in size have 5.

Would you like me to tell you about their FLIR systems that doesnt work very well because its so old, and they cant get parts for it?  

Of course DPS-101 is in Mesquite, so not too far away, and the city pays the state back in either air hours (DPD Air-1 covers for DPS-101 when it is out of service or on another call out) or $$$ at the end of the year.  I wish DPD could acquire the Bell 222s that Careflite will or has retired.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Sig offers a "Glock style" (and others) safety tab on the trigger as an option.

I wonder if this option will now be the standard configuration?

Sorry to hear, I had high hopes for the 320.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:04:22 AM EDT
[#43]
I just cringingly dropped my P320 full size 6x, 3 drops per test like in the video. Empty chber and empty mag and after each string of drops the trigger did not need to be reset to drop the striker, ie it did not fire due to the drop.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, I need more than some random internet dude who heard it from a brothers cousins garbage man.
You're.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Repeating lies is still lying, you're just doing it out of ignorance instead of malice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you are calling MAC a liar and saying that H&K did not tell him the hammer guns were their serious go to war guns?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#46]
So, is this a real issue?  I haven' read all 7 pages, but it seems like there's info saying there is a drop issue and then "FAKE NEWS" posts.

I was interested in possibly buying one...
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So, is this a real issue?  I haven' read all 7 pages, but it seems like there's info saying there is a drop issue and then "FAKE NEWS" posts.

I was interested in possibly buying one...
View Quote
It is being investigated by SIG. If there is a real issue you can be sure it will be fixed.  Buy what you want, SIG has solid customer service.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Again that is the rumor. DPD isn't making it public for now the reason
View Quote
Remember. DPD staged tests of the Crown Victoria to ensure that it would explode in a rear impact so they could win a lawsuit against Ford.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Again that is the rumor. DPD isn't making it public for now the reason
View Quote
DPD isn't making it public per se, but they're spreading it to other agencies who are also removing the P320 from their carry options. That alone means it is more substantiated than mere rumor. I've seen the e-mails myself.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Where do your armorers get their training above and beyond Glock factory training?

Because form a purely maintenance point of view glocks are awesome.

Easy to disassemble completely.
The disassembly/assembly times are also very short.
Lots of available parts.
Gun will shoot with 6 broken parts as long as the shooter does not mash the trigger 5 parts if he does.
Easy to train armorers how to work on them.

So why do your armorers hate them?

Glocks are not my favorite pistol but for use as a Police or Military gun as a standard issued sidearm they are hard to beat.
View Quote
I went to Glock armorer school in the 1990's. My certificate had an expiration date. I'm like- why?
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top