Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Every day I feel like I am fighting a losing battle against science illiteracy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course it was placed there.  

Grand Moff Tarkin is waiting on the Concave Dish Composite Beam Superlaser to be installed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
A better question is do you believe in the moon
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Voted stupidest thread of the day so far.
View Quote
Give it time, its still early.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gravity it is a bitch but also the law.
View Quote

Will not comply.  Jesus is coming soon, prepare for Rapture.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
That's  no moon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There are billions upon billions of planets out there. The odds of it happening to at least one don't seem that low.
View Quote

A moon that is precisely the right size, at the right distance to provide a 24 hour rotation to the host planet?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seems like the odds of it are extremely low.  Either we exist in a simulation or it was placed there by some unknown entity or entities.
View Quote

Yes. By God’s own hand. It’s too perfect to be an accident.  There’s a strong argument that life would not exist if not for the perfect placement of the moon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I....um..

I don't have any more questions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Earth's gravity is not nearly enough to capture a nearby object.  
I....um..

I don't have any more questions.

Gravity is JUST A THEORY!
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ok, for one, did it not occur to the people who did this documentary that celestial objects, especially ones with nearly no atmosphere, are struck by other objects, like meteors, constantly?  That this could easily explain material that is found on said moon, dating differently than native material?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is currently no limit.   Thanks for using the question format
Ok, for one, did it not occur to the people who did this documentary that celestial objects, especially ones with nearly no atmosphere, are struck by other objects, like meteors, constantly?  That this could easily explain material that is found on said moon, dating differently than native material?

Thank you.  The composition of moon rocks is such that it eliminates any possibility of being a foreign object place there by a random impact.  And, why all impacts on the dark side and almost none on the near side?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How is it that rocks on the moon are billions of years older than the earth?  Earth's gravity is not nearly enough to capture a nearby object.  The two bodies actually rotate in tandem, with the gravitational center between the two located within the earth.   How is it that the moon 'accidentally' landed in a circular orbit and how did it get 'accidentally' aligned in position and size to perfectly cover the sun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

The moon is either the result of something big hitting Earth or it was floating through the solar system and was captured by Earth's gravity.

How is it that rocks on the moon are billions of years older than the earth?  Earth's gravity is not nearly enough to capture a nearby object.  The two bodies actually rotate in tandem, with the gravitational center between the two located within the earth.   How is it that the moon 'accidentally' landed in a circular orbit and how did it get 'accidentally' aligned in position and size to perfectly cover the sun?

Explain how you know the Moon’s rocks are billions of years older than the Earth.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Damnit man, the science is settled!

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, I was going to continue on attempting to make funny yet more absurd comments than the OP, but I see you have set the bar far to high for me to compete.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interestingly enough I just watched recently a 'documentary' titled 'Alien Moon', where the premise is that the moon is not a natural satellite and is in fact hollow.   I am told it is in a perfectly circular orbit, not typical, and when moves over the sun in the perfect size and distance to create a total eclipse.  The earth facing side is smooth and glassy, distinguishing it's character from the back side,  for the most part, indicating this was the front, leading edge as it travelled from its distant origin into earth orbit.    Also the moon's appearance coincided biblically with Noah's flood, prior to which the earth had never experienced rain.  This latter part I confirmed with a biblical scholar.  (Prior to that the earth was shrouded in a cloak of water vapor).  Moonquakes - Finally it has been reported numerous times, including by those astronauts who've been there, while they've been there that the moon vibrates for a time after a seismic event and once was reported to 'ring like a bell'.  The aftershocks of a quake far exceed, in duration, what would be normal for a solid sphere.  Did it originate as a part of the earth?  Moonrocks have been found that are much older than the oldest found on Earth, and older than the moondust upon which they are found, so not possible according to that,.

Could this explain the origin of all the so-called UFO's?   Do they originate from the moon's interior?   Let me know if you have questions.
Well, I was going to continue on attempting to make funny yet more absurd comments than the OP, but I see you have set the bar far to high for me to compete.

My friend, you are hating the player when you should be hating the game.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

The moon is either the result of something big hitting Earth or it was floating through the solar system and was captured by Earth's gravity.
View Quote

There has been a alternate theory posited that the moon is a result of debris from a early heavy bombardment of smaller bodies, which coalescence into the moon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A moon that is precisely the right size, at the right distance to provide a 24 hour rotation to the host planet?
View Quote
You understand that we have 24 hours in a day, because that's how long a rotation of the earth happens to take....right?  We didn't create a committee and decide this. We just decided to split it up into 24 equal...things of time.

This thread....ima just go now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are billions upon billions of planets out there. The odds of it happening to at least one don't seem that low.

Hours are an invention. Nothing in nature dictates splitting the day into 24.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Explain how you know the Moon’s rocks are billions of years older than the Earth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

NASA.,
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thank you.  The composition of moon rocks is such that it eliminates any possibility of being a foreign object place there by a random impact.  And, why all impacts on the dark side and almost none on the near side?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is currently no limit.   Thanks for using the question format

They’re not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
it seems like the moon was created when another protoplanet collided with the earth. it's slowly floating away which won't be good for life on earth
View Quote

The moon is moving away from the earth (increasing its orbit radius) at about 1 inch per year.

The moon is critical to keeping the earth’s rotational axis approximately perpendicular to the plant’s orbit.  Yes, the planet does wobble to some degree, but without the influence of the moon, the earth’s rotational axis would “flop over” on its side, and stay there for long periods.  

Imagine the South Pole being in full sunlight for thousands of years, and the other pole being in dark equally long.   Goodbye life as we know it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

NASA.,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

NASA.,

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

NASA.,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

NASA.,

I ordered you to provide an explanation. Please provide an explanation, not a reference to an outside authority.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

um what?
the moon revolves around the earth every 28 days being tidally locked to the larger celestial body is fairly common, one side of a body will generally have a preference to face the larger body.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The moon is moving away from the earth (increasing its orbit radius) at about 1 inch per year.

The moon is critical to keeping the earth’s rotational axis approximately perpendicular to the plant’s orbit.  Yes, the planet does wobble to some degree, but without the influence of the moon, the earth’s rotational axis would “flop over” on its side, and stay there for long periods.  

Imagine the South Pole being in full sunlight for thousands of years, and the other pole being in dark equally long.   Goodbye life as we know it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it seems like the moon was created when another protoplanet collided with the earth. it's slowly floating away which won't be good for life on earth

Incorrect.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Were all moons that orbit around all planets in the universe, also placed there by an unknown entity or just ours?

There are an estimated 700 quintillion planets in the observable universe. Many planets have more than 1 moon.  Seems like....kind of a common thing.
View Quote

Seriously, OP, I can't believe you would ask a question like that.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What the fuck is going on in GD with these dumb ass questions?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There has been a alternate theory posited that the moon is a result of debris from a early heavy bombardment of smaller bodies, which coalescence into the moon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

Also possible.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

Ah, you are referring to the co-accretion theory.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Our moon is a special thing that makes the world what it is.

We seem to have captured it after a collision with another planetary body.  Earth’s core seems to have 50% more iron and mass from that collision, giving us enough magnetosphere to protect life for a long time.  Our tides and plate tectonics are because of the moon.  Our orbital procession and wobble are slowed by it.

So many good things are because of the moon.  It’s a gift.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#32]
@alien_circlejerkcrew
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just be careful you don't get as high as op and have your brain fall the fuck out......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Just be careful you don't get as high as op and have your brain fall the fuck out......

I'm ok with not feeling my legs, but that brain falling out is too much for me
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#34]
What if WE ARE THE MOON
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What the fuck is going on in GD with these dumb ass questions?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I ordered you to provide an explanation. Please provide an explanation, not a reference to an outside authority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

NASA.,

Using a technique called carbon dating, moonrocks were compared to the oldest earth rocks and determined to be much older. ,  Also it was found the chemical makeup of moonrocks is different than earthrocks.   It helps if you Trust the Science please.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

Why would aliens with the technology to place moons wherever they want waste time and energy on Earth?

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I mean you are in Kansas.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#39]

A video simulation of the prevailing moon-formation model, in which the proto-Earth was hit by a Mars-size object between 4.4 billion and 4.5 billion years ago.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Using a technique called carbon dating, moonrocks were compared to the oldest earth rocks and determined to be much older. ,  Also it was found the chemical makeup of moonrocks is different than earthrocks.   It helps if you Trust the Science please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

NASA.,

Carbon dating has a maximum dating capability of 50,000 years. Try again.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#42]
aliens

its always aliens.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You understand that we have 24 hours in a day, because that's how long a rotation of the earth happens to take....right?  We didn't create a committee and decide this. We just decided to split it up into 24 equal...things of time.

This thread....ima just go now.
View Quote

The rotation is 24 hours because of the moon.  

Did you also drop out of high school like I did
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Nothing orbits our flat planet
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why would aliens with the technology to place moons wherever they want waste time and energy on Earth?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

Earth was a rest area for them on their journey through the cosmos and It's a safe place from which they can study us in order to know how to properly mix the two species' dna.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#46]

So you want brain damage too? Lol
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

This is what happens when the experts let the masses read their work
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Earth was a rest area for them on their journey through the cosmos and It's a safe place from which they can study us in order to know how to properly mix the two species' dna.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

Are they working with the Nazis?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

they are mainly thought to be different ages as the earth experience plate techtonic shifts and there is very little of our original crust still on the crust.

also objects from the creation of our solar system continue to collide with the moon so you find those there too.

I do actually think the moon was "placed there" in a way. It's hard to look at all of the science of what allows us to exist here and have this conversation and think that it all happened by chance. That doesn't mean we ignore what we have learned but maybe accept that it's all part of a plan.

If life did start in a mud puddle getting struck by lightning whose to say some intelligent creator didn't make a supernova explode in just the right way to get a planet at the right distance with a moon to stabilize it and place the right compounds in the right pool of water at the right time for static electricty to build up between water vapor and the earths surface and then undergo the right environmental stressors to bring us to the human form. Like deific dominoes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe it was no inconvenience for them, maybe even a hobby?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top