BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When people start dressing like cartoon characters,  the line has been crossed, no matter what line it is.

Up to that point,  you may be forgiven for your participation in a fan base,  but once you put on the costume,
you are officially and formally in the permanent loser category.

The only exception to that rule is if someone is paying you well to put on the costume.  Then it's just business.
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_142/1230275_Geek_Girls.html&page=20

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yes. Notice how it's only white women doing that stupid shit. For some reason, white women are uncomfortable in femininity. The most revolting pictures you listed are probably the football chick, and the wannabe grease-monkey. All those pictures do is scream "I NEED ATTENTION, LOOK AT ME, I'M DOING MAN STUFF!"

I don't have a problem with the hunting photo, but the rest of them are cringe-worthy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are all interested in things typically classified as "male" occupations or interests. Does that mean they have issues?

Yes. Notice how it's only white women doing that stupid shit. For some reason, white women are uncomfortable in femininity. The most revolting pictures you listed are probably the football chick, and the wannabe grease-monkey. All those pictures do is scream "I NEED ATTENTION, LOOK AT ME, I'M DOING MAN STUFF!"

I don't have a problem with the hunting photo, but the rest of them are cringe-worthy.

Good to know you're equal opportunity prejudiced, if there even is such a thing.

Sorry, but most of the time it's not about getting attention. It's usually just people doing what they like doing. They could care less whether you pay attention. Women can be mechanically inclined, or into fast cars, or sports, or electronics because that is what they like. Same as guys can be interested in baking, or sewing, or nursing, or teaching small children because that is what they like to do. Sorry, but mans' work and women's work are obsolete concepts that spring from misogyny and misandry. Women don't typically compete in professional sports alongside men simply because they lack the physical capability to do so, but the rest of it is fair game. Assuming that someone is interested in something simply because they have issues and are damaged somehow speaks more about you than it does about them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

None of those activities were created solely for children. Nice try though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think anyone can deny that people who considers themselves "bronies" have serious developmental issues. Learning social norms is part of your development as a child/adolescent. Now, some people I'm sure watch MLP to be "ironic" or to protest against "the establishment." These people would fall under the category of omega males. They lack the confidence to participate in what society tells them is normal, so they buck the trend and tend to be very flamboyant about it. They are essentially hiding behind the persona of being a bronie, and anyone who doesn't like it "just doesn't get it."

Either way, something is wrong.

So anyone interested in something outside of stereotypical "gender norms" has developmental issues?

Does this woman?
http://asitoughttobe.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/danica-patrick.jpg

What about this woman?
http://feminspire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/erin-dimeglio-300x300.jpg

And her?
http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/images/online_exhibitions/Mechanic-or-engineerLG.jpg

What about her?
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article8944355.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/v3-Melissa+Bachman+dead+lion.jpg

They are all interested in things typically classified as "male" occupations or interests. Does that mean they have issues? Or lack confidence to participate in what society tells them is normal? Or maybe it's just that they like what they like, and don't give a shit what people think they "should" be interested in.

So you would think badly of a little girl playing with a toy tool set or transformers? Or a little boy playing with a kitchen set?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't currently watch it, but my granddaughter loves it and I might have to start.  

Oh the things we do for love...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not joking, but I would be very worried that any grown man that routinely watches a show made for little girls, is a pedophile (not including fathers forced to watch it by said little girls).

I don't currently watch it, but my granddaughter loves it and I might have to start.  

Oh the things we do for love...

Sorry but Grand Pa's get a pass if watching it with appropriate aged little girls, just like dads.  If you like the show not just the time with your grand baby then you might have to report back for labeling of weirdo status.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#5]
no.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
that show is for faggots

real men watch adventure time
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So you would think badly of a little girl playing with a toy tool set or transformers? Or a little boy playing with a kitchen set?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think anyone can deny that people who considers themselves "bronies" have serious developmental issues. Learning social norms is part of your development as a child/adolescent. Now, some people I'm sure watch MLP to be "ironic" or to protest against "the establishment." These people would fall under the category of omega males. They lack the confidence to participate in what society tells them is normal, so they buck the trend and tend to be very flamboyant about it. They are essentially hiding behind the persona of being a bronie, and anyone who doesn't like it "just doesn't get it."

So anyone interested in something outside of stereotypical "gender norms" has developmental issues?

Does this woman?

What about this woman?

And her?
http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/images/online_exhibitions/Mechanic-or-engineerLG.jpg

What about her?
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article8944355.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/v3-Melissa+Bachman+dead+lion.jpg

They are all interested in things typically classified as "male" occupations or interests. Does that mean they have issues? Or lack confidence to participate in what society tells them is normal? Or maybe it's just that they like what they like, and don't give a shit what people think they "should" be interested in.

No, quit being dense.

Why would I think badly of a child playing with ANY toy?  I would and do think poorly of adults who play with children's toys, to the point that the character literally becomes their life. There is a huge difference between a little boy playing with a barbie doll at 3 years old, compared to a 30 year old man dressing up as his favorite pony and losing his mind at MLP conventions.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Adult women doing adult jobs and children playing with children's toys is an apples-to-oranges comparison to adult men dressing up as, or being infatuated with, cartoon animals from a show focused toward little girls.

I wouldn't consider the Brony movement on par with the equal rights movement for women.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy hell this thread got its retard on while I was at work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Bronies are closet pedeophiles, so no I don't watch the show.
View Quote
People who use the Liberian flag are closet genocidal warlords, so fuck them guys.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There was a time not that long ago when people were ashamed of their perversions.Now they are proud of their fetishes and weirdness.

What was once good is now evil and what was once evil is now proclaimed as good.
View Quote

Yeah it's called the decline of society.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, quit being dense.

Why would I think badly of a child playing with ANY toy?  I would and do think poorly of adults who play with children's toys, to the point that the character literally becomes their life. There is a huge difference between a little boy playing with a barbie doll at 3 years old, compared to a 30 year old man dressing up as his favorite pony and losing his mind at MLP conventions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does this woman?

What about this woman?

And her?

What about her?

No, quit being dense.

I watch the show sometimes because I find it amusing (I have seen 3 or 4 episodes since October), I don't have any Pony swag and have never been to nor plan on going to a con. Does that make me someone you think "poorly" of. I mean on one hand I like Ponies so I guess that makes me some kind of pedo faggot according to the "men" on here, on the other hand it has not "literally" become my life.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I watch the show sometimes because I find it amusing (I have seen 3 or 4 episodes since October), I don't have any Pony swag and have never been to nor plan on going to a con. Does that make me someone you think "poorly" of. I mean on one hand I like Ponies so I guess that makes me some kind of pedo faggot according to the "men" on here, on the other hand it has not "literally" become my life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, quit being dense.

Shhhh, they don't like it when you interrupt their hyperbole.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why would I think badly of a child playing with ANY toy? I would and do think poorly of adults who play with children's toys, to the point that the character literally becomes their life. There is a huge difference between a little boy playing with a barbie doll at 3 years old, compared to a 30 year old man dressing up as his favorite pony and losing his mind at MLP conventions.
View Quote

And this brings us full circle to my point that the majority of the people labeling MLP fans as pedos, freaks, and deviants are taking the extreme elements of the fanbase and assuming that all members of said fanbase are exactly the same. They aren't. The vast majority of the fans see it as a show, and nothing more than entertainment. The same as people that like the show Breaking Bad, or NCIS, or Once Upon A Time, or whatever other show you feel like mentioning. They enjoy it for the entertainment value alone, and that's where it ends. Some people just aren't interested in seeing blood, guts, and gore. They want something a little more light-hearted, and there's nothing wrong with that. To extrapolate the extremes of any fanbase onto the majority of people that enjoy a particular thing is to assume unicorns are running by when you hear hoof beats.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I predict a lock soon,  accompanied by at least one or two warnings, maybe a timeout,

possibly a perma-ban.

The stupid is really starting to ooze out of some people, and at an alarming rate.

It's just a matter of time before someone goes full retard.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Still plenty of openings any fence sitters out there!

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Still plenty of openings any fence sitters out there!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/087/7/5/rainbow_dash_fan_club_by_dixketl-d5zj5qp.png
View Quote

Fuck no!

Applejack is the best booze brewing pony. Luna is best Princess.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a time not that long ago when people were ashamed of their perversions.Now they are proud of their fetishes and weirdness.

What was once good is now evil and what was once evil is now proclaimed as good.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Only while masturbating...
View Quote

For many topics most would assume you were joking.

This is not one of them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

This is not one of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is not one of them.

Oh, come on now.  You can't really be THAT thick headed.

....can you?

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

....can you?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not one of them.

....can you?

Are you really that naive to believe there aren't weirdos that jerk off to my little pony?

Just in case you are, here you go:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1566878_Do_you_watch__My_Little_Pony__.html&page=4#i44400670
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#22]
No matter what sick and twisted thing you can imagine, it's on the internet already and somebody is beating off to it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you really that naive to believe there aren't weirdos that jerk off to my little pony?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1566878_Do_you_watch__My_Little_Pony__.html&page=4#i44400670
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not one of them.

....can you?

I think he meant that someone on this board posting in this thread. We are unfortunately aware of what people do on the Internet. Rule 34 existed long before MLP
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#24]
mlp threads should be banned.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is not one of them.

....can you?

Oh, I'm sure there are a FEW,  but then again, I'm sure there are a few who whack it to videos of autopsies, too.

A small minority should never be considered to be the spokesmen for a larger group that they share SOME interest with.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think he meant that someone on this board posting in this thread. We are unfortunately aware of what people do on the Internet. Rule 34 existed long before MLP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not one of them.

....can you?

Weirdos that are into MLP do seem to be more "we're here, we're queer, get use to it" than other weirdos so I don't think it's a stretch that one of them would proclaim it on ARFCOM GD.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#27]
An option in your poll should have been: "FUCK NO, Faggot!"
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't watch it, I know it has a cult following on here. To each his own. Only thing I liked, was when a member had his lower engraved with a " My Little Pony " horse instead of the usual one.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Jesus. The pussafication of the American male has reached new heights. What faggotry will be next?

I'd loved to have seen this post in the 2001 GD. It would have lasted about 30 seconds.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Weirdos that are into MLP do seem to be more "we're here, we're queer, get use to it" than other weirdos so I don't think it's a stretch that one of them would proclaim it on ARFCOM GD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not one of them.

....can you?

Its not the MLP fans that keep starting these stupid threads, most of them are started by the guys that proclaim to hate MLP
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
mlp threads should be banned.
View Quote

Thats nice.  Want a cookie?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Oh, I'm sure there are a FEW,  but then again, I'm sure there are a few who whack it to videos of autopsies, too.

A small minority should never be considered to be the spokesmen for a larger group that they share SOME interest with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not one of them.

....can you?

I never said they do.

All I was saying was that a guy in ARFCOM GD proclaiming he liked to rub one out to MLP wouldn't be all that far-fetched.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Its not the MLP fans that keep starting these stupid threads, most of them are started by the guys that proclaim to hate MLP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

....can you?

By "into" I meant "sexually aroused by."

Also I never said I hated MLP or the guys that watch it.  Though I am kind of surprised that so many guys here not only watch it, but proudly proclaim that they do.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I dont always watch cartoons but when I do I only watch the best cartoons

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#36]
That moron who "married Twilight Sparkle" is either an epic troll or one of the most mentally unfit sad sacks of shit ever to walk, crawl, or slither across the face of this planet.

As if Twi would have anything to do with such a pathetic example of humanity.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That moron who "married Twilight Sparkle" is either an epic troll or one of the most mentally unfit sad sacks of shit ever to walk, crawl, or slither across the face of this planet.

As if Twi would have anything to do with such a pathetic example of humanity.
View Quote

Well, she might if dissecting his brain was on the table

But yeah, kids show...
Minus added text, all of these are cut direct from the show.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think we have a late entry for the 13er of the year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a person who wrote a 409 page fanfic regarding this show. I can say yes.

I think he was joking.  Yeah, I'm going to go with that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno... There's some pretty good fan fiction out there for the various fandoms. I'd have to say this dramatic reading (with source engine animation!) would have to be my all-time favorite: Click for video

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Regular-Show_mow.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/QPzcaYo.gif
http://i.imgur.com/R1y8uzO.gif

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh Lord deliver us from the curse of ponies...is this seriously what you consider the decline of society? A kids show?

Oh wait I forgot, anyone who likes the show is an out of shape faggot pedo omega male there we go.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was not. Would you like a link?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/QPzcaYo.gif
http://i.imgur.com/R1y8uzO.gif

I think I might have to check into that show. Looks pretty darn funny from what I've seen on here.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:46:13 AM EDT
[#46]
There's something seriously wrong with anyone who owns an AR15. In fact, they're closet child murderers. Those things are made for the military and the police. Anyone who owns one has some kind of sick murder fetish.

Also, I'm getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the word "faggot" being tossed around here. Is nigger OK too???
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:08:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There's something seriously wrong with anyone who owns an AR15. In fact, they're closet child murderers. Those things are made for the military and the police. Anyone who owns one has some kind of sick murder fetish.

Also, I'm getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the word "faggot" being tossed around here. Is nigger OK too???
View Quote

Thanks for bringing that up pokey. I support a persons right to use the word if they see fit - the libertarian in me would fight for that with every breath I have - but it still is a word I wish people would not use. I mean it just makes them look bad on top of everything else. But like I said, it is not my place to get all up in their jank about it. At least I know the ponies have my back if ever needed! Here they are loaded out for trouble from a few certain arfcommers

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Holy hell this thread got its retard on while I was at work.
View Quote

These threads always get retarded.  But it is nice that there's a certain clockwork to it.  Monday starts a thread, Tuesday starts getting stupid, full retard ahead until it gets nuked over the weekend, rinse, repeat.  Comfort in routine.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks for bringing that up pokey. I support a persons right to use the word if they see fit - the libertarian in me would fight for that with every breath I have - but it still is a word I wish people would not use. I mean it just makes them look bad on top of everything else. But like I said, it is not my place to get all up in their jank about it. At least I know the ponies have my back if ever needed! Here they are loaded out for trouble from a few certain arfcommers

http://s3.amazonaws.com/bronibooru/98ea5dfac88334669507bbf90c0743c4.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look bad to who?

I would say that in my daily life I use the "N" word as much as blacks say the "C" word. I also use the "F" word frequently, sue me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Look bad to who?

I would say that in my daily life I use the "N" word as much as blacks say the "C" word. I also use the "F" word frequently, sue me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look bad to who?

I don't think the use of a word necessarily makes one look bad, but choosing to let a word make one a victim sure as hell does.
So, no, I won't be suing you. The constitution guarantees a freedom of speech, i can't find the part where it guarantees a freedom from butt hurt.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top