User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

probably admitted driving and drinking. probably had evidence from the airbags going off putting him in it. "I had 2 beers" or whatever with an admission. they can put some pieces together let the courts sort it out...which leads to....

Cases tossed attorneys do their job. plenty of people take plea deals before hiring a real attorney try to get them off. money buys attorney to find crack in the case, exhaust all options. Options that often get reduced charges or toss the case

Local story, woman slammed guy walking 2AM on saturday night, implanted thru the windshield and died. She pulled into closed dark area, called friends a dozen times, everybody but 911. Somebody comes, picks her up, 2 hours later returns and calls 911. She refused a breathalyzer. She was a bartender too.

Initially convicted by a jury trial and faced years in prison, ended up walking way with 1 year jail plea deal leaving the scene after attorney got an appeal on account she asked for a lawyer before speaking to police. Thats the kind of shit where it pays to have money for a lawyer, and a justice system that "everyone" knows your guilty but has to play by the book
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"If I can't put her behind the wheel, I can't make the arrest."

Oh, come on, without somebody seeing her in the vehicle, you can't make an arrest?
Yes. If we don't have an identifiable witness to them actually driving, the case will get tossed immediately

Interesting. My neighbor drank too much, crashed into 4 cars parked on the road, and somehow rolled his mangled Tacoma(airbags deployed and everything), into his driveway. It was not immediately that the cops came. But they did, and I watched them perform field sobriety test and haul him away. They came to my door looking to see if the Ring cams caught anything. They didn’t. He said some of the neighbors saw it happen. So I guess that was enough. But it was dark. So I would think it would be hard to identify him for certain.

I never heard the outcome of the case.

probably admitted driving and drinking. probably had evidence from the airbags going off putting him in it. "I had 2 beers" or whatever with an admission. they can put some pieces together let the courts sort it out...which leads to....

Cases tossed attorneys do their job. plenty of people take plea deals before hiring a real attorney try to get them off. money buys attorney to find crack in the case, exhaust all options. Options that often get reduced charges or toss the case

Local story, woman slammed guy walking 2AM on saturday night, implanted thru the windshield and died. She pulled into closed dark area, called friends a dozen times, everybody but 911. Somebody comes, picks her up, 2 hours later returns and calls 911. She refused a breathalyzer. She was a bartender too.

Initially convicted by a jury trial and faced years in prison, ended up walking way with 1 year jail plea deal leaving the scene after attorney got an appeal on account she asked for a lawyer before speaking to police. Thats the kind of shit where it pays to have money for a lawyer, and a justice system that "everyone" knows your guilty but has to play by the book

I would be interested to hear more specifics about that case.

It sounds an awful lot like an urban legend version of Chante Jawan Mallard.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 11:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I would be interested to hear more specifics about that case.

It sounds an awful lot like an urban legend version of Chante Jawan Mallard.
View Quote

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Maria-Lentini-pleads-guilty-to-misdemeanor-to-14091322.php

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Appellate-court-orders-retrial-for-Lentini-13051926.php

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Two-ADAs-resign-after-judge-boots-Saratoga-County-13571301.php
Two ADA resigned over this. The guy on felony probation trying to get a deal exchange for testimony

Big shit show.

The guy she hit was drunk and walking home. It could have been a simple accident he was drunk and walking in the road was in the road if she and her family didn't didn't go to the length of appearing to cover it up. There was literally a body sticking thru her car windshield.

There was a lot of local facebook drama over it. A lot of stuff that wasn't in the papers. Most local believe she was drunk that night. She was initially charged with refusing a chemical test. She also was a bartender. The local facebook was that there was witnesses that could place her in the bar earlier than night getting hammered. See the deal with the witness that wanted a deal in exchange for his testimony, he wasn't supposed to be in bars on his felony probation. There was also someone who said she had a history of being intoxicated and was let go from a previous bartending job for being drunk. Some criticisms that the investigators didn't handle it as well as they could.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 2:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like arrest was in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Cant find arrest record tho
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top