User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So this is the future huh? Multibillionaires settling their differences by punching each other?
View Quote

I  don't know if you know this or not, but violence works.  It has settled a lot of things.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So this is the future huh? Multibillionaires settling their differences by punching each other?
View Quote

I  don't know if you know this or not, but violence works.  It has settled a lot of things.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wow, Cramer really is a moron. Zuck is a white belt. The only thing he has going for him is that he is younger and fitter.
View Quote

I heard someone say he was sandbagging. Anyway, even a two stripe white can be formidable, it isn’t the same as a white in karate or such.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think some people are placing too much emphasis of Zuckerberg's fighting skills.

Let's think this through logically. If a fight were to really be scheduled, it would have to be many months out due to the administrative stuff that would need to happen to make it possible. Elon would have a decent amount of time to not only get in shape but also train to fight. Several prominent conservative fighters have publicly reached out and said they would help.

I'm sure more would be available if it was confirmed. No doubt Zuckerberg would also have great people training him but if Elon even gets semi decent in MMA style fighting, he has a great chance of winning.

People seem to forget why weight classes exist. Sure, if you are smaller and are really good, you can beat untrained guys who are larger (up to a point). But I highly doubt Musk would go into this without any training. He would lose weight but also gain muscle. Size does matter in fighting. Anyone stating otherwise has little to no experience.

I say all this as someone on the smaller side. I remember when I did wrestling in high school. I was in the 119/125 weight categories. I tried sparring with someone in the heavyweight category (around 240). Despite me having much better technique, the weight and size difference was too much.

Granted, these two are currently about 50 lbs different in weight, which would change once they train but the point still stands.

You can't compare sparring in BJJ though with a real fight. BJJ is just one fighting discipline. If musk got decent at striking for example, Zuckerberg would struggle due to the size and reach advantage Musk has naturally.
View Quote

Much like the whole Alex Baldwin thing, people are letting their emotions about people they dislike, blind them to reality.

As I already mentioned:
1) 40-50lbs of FAT doesn't give much of a physical advantage.

2) if you were present in a room with 2 guys arguing, and the fat guy yells, "Fight me motherfucker!", and the 2nd guy replies, "Just name a time, and place", and the fat guy goes, "Uhhh...wait... ummm... how about 12 months from now? Yeah. 12 months... Gimme some time to train and I'll destroy you!", what would your reaction be? I know I'd be laughing my ass off at the fatass for being a blustering loudmouth.

3) you think the guy with THIS kind of coordination is magically gonna turn into a badass fighter in a few months?

Elon Musk shows off bizarre dance moves at Tesla event in China

If he at least demonstrated the coordination that RDJ or even Sam Rockwell did in Iron Man 2, I might consider the possibility that a few months of training could help.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
If Musk kicks Zuckerbergs ass, I'll buy a Tesla
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Much like the whole Alex Baldwin thing, people are letting their emotions about people they dislike, blind them to reality.

As I already mentioned:

2) if you were present in a room with 2 guys arguing, and the fat guy yells, "Fight me motherfucker!", and the 2nd guy replies, "Just name a time, and place", and the fat guy goes, "Uhhh...wait... ummm... how about 12 months from now? Yeah. 12 months... Gimme some time to train and I'll destroy you!", what would your reaction be? I know I'd be laughing my ass off at the fatass for being a blustering loudmouth.

3) you think the guy with THIS kind of coordination is magically gonna turn into a badass fighter in a few months?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0sJJU3FaOQ

If he at least demonstrated the coordination that RDJ or even Sam Rockwell did in Iron Man 2, I might consider the possibility that a few months of training could help.
View Quote

Multi-billionaires don't need to dance

Musk can get in decent shape fast. He can go on the juice under the best medical team and get the best trainers that money can buy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Musk can get in decent shape fast. He can go on the juice under the best medical team and get the best trainers that money can buy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I already mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0sJJU3FaOQ

Ever seen/tried to train people in any kind of martial art, who don't have coordination? I have
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ever seen/tried to train people in any kind of martial art, who don't have coordination? I have
View Quote

Maybe they weren't motivated to train.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like it's on.  

Elon Musk has accepted an offer from legendary MMA fighter George St-Pierre to train him for his upcoming fight against Mark Zuckerberg.
https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/elon-musk-fight-zuckerberg-georges-st-pierre-b2364781.html
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#11]
They better fight for pinks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sounds like it's on.  

Elon Musk has accepted an offer from legendary MMA fighter George St-Pierre to train him for his upcoming fight against Mark Zuckerberg.
https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/elon-musk-fight-zuckerberg-georges-st-pierre-b2364781.html
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]
They need to do this at Caesar's in Vegas and put it on pay per view.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sounds like it's on.  

View Quote

Team GSP
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds like it's on.  

View Quote

It's on? Probably a distraction from the coming economic apocalypse but bros, I am so IN!.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 6/29/2023 2:53:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fzqo9enWIAMxs7O?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fzqo9ehX0AAZGls?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

View Quote

Lex Fridman is a black belt in BJJ.  

This is a training session with Zuck:

Mark Zuckerberg vs Lex Fridman in Jiu Jitsu

Maybe I just don't know shit about BJJ, but I don't see anything there that indicates Zuckerberg would win against Elon.  My guess is Musk would go HAM while Mark lacks aggressiveness and the speed, surprise, and violence of action would win the day.

I'm still sure the fight will never happen but my money is on Elon.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 2:58:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What a bizarre timeline.
View Quote

Is there anyway to jump to the one we forked off from in the early 2000's?  Because this is bullshit and I am tired of it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 3:51:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Twitter Vs FB?

The Z trains and has actually done fighting. He even disguised himself so as to avoid being noticed just to fight.

I hate to say it. Though Id want musk to win Im afraid its Z for the win.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 5:13:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

True but I’ve also seen skilled guys who only focus on BJJ (purple and brown belt) get knocked out by stand up fighter guys who know how to sprawl.
View Quote

Wisdom!

Musk sprawls, ends up on top, postures up and beats the shit out of Zuckerberg....
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 5:23:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Im a newish blue belt. I can manhandle friends who are 4" taller and out weight me significantly. BJJ is a cheat code to fighting untrained people.
View Quote

Anyone can spend two weeks learning how to defend takedowns, especially if they're much bigger than you.

Laying on your back with your legs in the air, butt scooting, etc are all very good ways to end up getting your ass kicked by anyone with even a little training.

BJJ is awesome but it can also lock you into a BJJ-Dojo mindset.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope to not see either or both of two things:

1.  It won't be a real fight.  They'll be decked out like hockey goalies and just wrestle like a couple of schoolboys playing the living room floor.  No broken noses, no fat lips, no blood on the canvas.

2. About 30 seconds into it, Zuck will get Musk in a submission hold (armbar, rear naked choke, etc.), and Musk will tap out. Then Zuck (and the media) will go around bragging about how he "beat" Musk in a "fight" when he really didn't do crap. Oh, please, please, please, no matter who wins, don't let this happen.

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hope to not see either or both of two things:

1.  It won't be a real fight.  They'll be decked out like hockey goalies and just wrestle like a couple of schoolboys playing the living room floor.  No broken noses, no fat lips, no blood on the canvas.

2. About 30 seconds into it, Zuck will get Musk in a submission hold (armbar, rear naked choke, etc.), and Musk will tap out. Then Zuck (and the media) will go around bragging about how he "beat" Musk in a "fight" when he really didn't do crap. Oh, please, please, please, no matter who wins, don't let this happen.

View Quote
Who knows, I'll watch.

One thing Musk has going for him is the size difference in the two.  If he just works on defense and conditioning, he can overpower zuck.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Regardless of who wins it doesn't impact me. They'll both be very well off and  have zero impact on my life and apparentyly they think it does.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please please please...
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Regardless of who wins it doesn't impact me. They'll both be very well off and  have zero impact on my life and apparentyly they think it does.
View Quote

Maybe not you but this will probably be the most watched fight in history to date.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#29]
With the right finagling, Elon may get back a sizable percentage of what he paid for Twitter.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Anyone can spend two weeks learning how to defend takedowns, especially if they're much bigger than you.

Laying on your back with your legs in the air, butt scooting, etc are all very good ways to end up getting your ass kicked by anyone with even a little training.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im a newish blue belt. I can manhandle friends who are 4" taller and out weight me significantly. BJJ is a cheat code to fighting untrained people.

Yup. Musk won’t be untrained, it his conditioning that will hurt him.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will be greatly entertained.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I want Thunderdome rules.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0JF7sKWAAIv6dN?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

View Quote
Was just about to post that

Elon is coming and he's serious.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0JF7sKWAAIv6dN?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

View Quote

Elon has slimmed down already since the infamous yacht pic and looks like he is putting on muscle.  With the right training (which he's clearly getting), Zuck is fucked.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top