Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The guy didn't understand how time zones work and is a moon truther....need I say more?
View Quote
Well you could also mention that he thinks professional wrestling is real
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
We looked at Ford when we got my wife a new CUV in December.

Ford sells shit.

They make one product, well two.  The F150 and the Mustang.  Everyone of the other offerings on the Ford lot were just awful.  The Escape was junk, the Edge was not as bad but vastly overpriced.  The small whatever they call it is the ugliest thing since the Aztec.

I remember when Ford was cutting edge and very up to date.  Not now.  Ford's fault, not Trump's.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Ford is woefully behind on EV and AV.  They are slow to market.

Even laggards can lag in a good economy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shitty companies can still lose money even in a good economy.  Not Trumps fault Ford sells a product fewer want to buy or their their labor costs are killing profit.
View Quote
lol what?

Its pretty normal for a company to trim down merit employees. Ford has gotten a little management heavy, not a big deal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
De-layering management. I believe I read that at one point Ford and GM had five times the number of managers, as a percentage of workforce, than Toyota and Nissan.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Behind who?
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#7]
RB thread, lol.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#8]
QUOTE: "In the U.S. about 2,300 jobs will be cut through buyouts and layoffs. About 1,500 have left voluntarily or with buyouts, while another 300 have already been laid off. About 500 workers will be let go starting this week, largely in and around the company's headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan, just outside Detroit."

Unlike OP, I can read.

Thread title is misleading because OP is criticizing the US economy.

It's 7,000 job cuts in the world, not the USA. Cuts in the USA 2,300, and of those, only 800 workers have been laid off involuntarily, or will be laid off without buyouts.

The job cuts will save $1.2 billion over 2 years, which would appear to be a wise business decision
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

QUOTE: "In the U.S. about 2,300 jobs will be cut through buyouts and layoffs. About 1,500 have left voluntarily or with buyouts, while another 300 have already been laid off. About 500 workers will be let go starting this week, largely in and around the company's headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan, just outside Detroit."

Unlike OP, I can read.

Thread title is misleading because OP is criticizing the US economy.

It's 7,000 job cuts in the world, not the USA. Cuts in the USA 2,300, and of those, only 800 workers have been laid off involuntarily, or will be laid off without buyouts.

The job cuts will save $1.2 billion over 2 years, which would appear to be a wise business decision
View Quote
But OP is SMART!

Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

K, what?  It was anticipated.
View Quote
Very much so anticipated.
Ford has cut a lot of 3rd shifts and were stuck with extra management.
Time to throw out the dead weight.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And Tesla shall rise and inherit the automotive market.
View Quote
LOL.

Tesla is losing money at such a rate that, even with the latest new stock issue to raise capital, they are going to be nearing bankruptcy in under a year.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LOL.

Tesla is losing money at such a rate that, even with the latest new stock issue to raise capital, they are going to be nearing bankruptcy in under a year.
View Quote
Well, to be fair, history does seem to indicate that that’s a really good way to operate in the US auto industry...
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Surely the union will save them!...
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
Not everywhere...
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Like you said,

I understand time zones. Just not why different places in the SAME TIME ZONES have issues.

Everyone in the world has different knowledge/skills

Hell the other day the lady at Lowe’s checkout asked if I wanted to schedule an install for an over the range microwave I bought. I literally laughed at her. Who the fuck would pay someone else for such a simple job to hang a microwave?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How come the sun doesn't go down the same time in western Ohio as it does in the Outer Banks of NC?

You buncha mouth breathers.
Like you said,

I understand time zones. Just not why different places in the SAME TIME ZONES have issues.

Hell the other day the lady at Lowe’s checkout asked if I wanted to schedule an install for an over the range microwave I bought. I literally laughed at her. Who the fuck would pay someone else for such a simple job to hang a microwave?
You should start a thread on that. Sounds like a great topic to get GD discussing!...
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Guys, this is actually good news and we should see the benefits in the long run. Ford is trimming the fat and better prepared for the current automotive slow down as the used market continues to flood with like new cars coming off lease.
This is the best time to be doing this as unemployment is so low it won't be difficult for these skilled white collar guys to find replacement work.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Meanwhile Toyota and Mazda are building a billion dollar plant near me.

None of the big 3 run a mean lean operation like the Asian manufacturing plants.

Good move by Ford. One day they might be able to ditch union labor.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They are still expensive. The price of new trucks is crazy. If you buy one used and only a few years old, it is less than half the cost
View Quote
Know how I know you havent shopped for 2-3 year old trucks lately?
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Every time OP post, I think to myself “well it can’t be any stupider than the last one” I am wrong more than I am right.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And Tesla shall rise and inherit the automotive market.
View Quote
If they don't go out of business tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does this mean that a new truck won't cost $69k plus?
View Quote
Yes.  They will now cost $79k plus.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Asshole thread.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lol, K

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has nothing to do with the economy.  It was a planned part of the ongoing restructuring.  The stock price is off one cent.
Lol, K

Sorry your girl lost, she would have milked the taxpayers and bailed out ford, so they could build more facilities in mexico or china
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shitty companies can still lose money even in a good economy.  Not Trumps fault Ford sells a product fewer want to buy or their their labor costs are killing profit.
View Quote
You don't have a clue about Ford. Good,  this is a great move for the business. Trim the dead weight.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They are still expensive. The price of new trucks is crazy. If you buy one used and only a few years old, it is less than half the cost
View Quote
Gotta learn to play the game. In Texas, used truck prices are a fucking joke. They aren't far off from a brand new truck after incentives. It's pretty easy to get a well equipped truck for $35k. They're almost always 10-15k off MSRP.

From one of my local dealers right now

Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ford is restructuring, pretty simple.

They are cutting things that don't make them money.

Or they could keep everything and struggle
View Quote
This. Out of the major automakers Ford has proven to be the most prepared for current events. They sold off assets to make it thru the last big recession and now they are trimming the overseas forces to better match expectations.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Gotta learn to play the game. In Texas, used truck prices are a fucking joke. They aren't far off from a brand new truck after incentives. It's pretty easy to get a well equipped truck for $35k. They're almost always 10-15k off MSRP.

http://spherecontrolseo.com/covert-ford/new-ford-truck-austin/austin-new-ford-f-150-xlt-best-price-quote-lowest-payment-2182298.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://spherecontrolseo.com/covert-ford/new-ford-truck-austin/austin-new-ford-f-150-xlt-best-price-quote-lowest-payment-2182298.png
still, $35,000 for a fucking pick-em-up truck....
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hurr Durr, trucks should only cost 10k.

Some of my trucks have damn near 10k worth of rims and tires on them.

Shits more expensive. Trucks are significantly more capable, comfortable, safer and faster.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#30]
It's a good time to cut, global auto sales are down, usually lean companies can hold out or adjust shifts to be flexible enough not to lay off completely.

It's a paradox for car companies. Make increasingly reliable vehicles which hurts sales because they last longer. It's part of a reason why the cost is so high along with crash standards and tech inclusion. They have to add stuff to increase the profit margin. Most vehicles that are worth anything have undergone this increase. Some have gone under this increase and aren't worthy at all like Mitsubishi, Volkswagen, GM, BMW, Mercedes and FCA; such poor/inconsistent quality/reliable vehicles for the price.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Mad?
You should be mad when Obama bailed out GM and cost taxpayers around 12 BILLION.

Kudos to Ford for taking actions on their own dime.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#32]
White Collar jobs, not surprised the bloat from corporate top heavy organizations is real.

If you want to earn a living and stay employed, learn a trade they cant automate.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We need more robots to work.

It's the wave of the future.

And cars that will drive under trucks when we don't actually drive cars anymore.
View Quote
Lets see, they layoff white collar workers and you say we need more robots? Don't know ant white collar work done by robots.

EBR
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
White Collar jobs, not surprised the bloat from corporate top heavy organizations is real.

If you want to earn a living and stay employed, learn a trade they cant automate.
View Quote
I fix robots.  How'd I do?  
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Behind who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Behind who?
Last I heard they had partnered up with Toyota for EV /hybid tech
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Like you said,

View Quote
You would, you were just too embarrassed to put your purse down and ask.

But in this thread we learned that OP got his internet browser pages mixed up with DU.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ahhh, ok, yeah, the 911 was the govt, pentagon a missile, contrails are chemicals crowd... got it.....

Thanks, I feel dumb for having missed that one....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thinks the moon landing was a hoax.
Ahhh, ok, yeah, the 911 was the govt, pentagon a missile, contrails are chemicals crowd... got it.....

Thanks, I feel dumb for having missed that one....  
I thought RB was an idiot at first.

Now I think he’s just a bored troll.

But I could be wrong. He very well might have a room temp iq.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
And Rivian for their Skateboard platform tech.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Behind who?
They partner with lots of folks for different projects.  That does't mean they are trying to catch up.

They have EV's.  Maybe they don't offer as many models as some, but that just means that they choose not to.  Late to market?  I'd say the others are early, since they don't expect EV's to be profitable until YEARS from now.

But what I'm really wondering is who they are woefully behind in AV's, since there aren't any for sale, and there isn't going to be any for sale.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Ford practices a bottom 10% and out policy.  These surprise housecleanings aren't surprising at all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lol, K

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has nothing to do with the economy.  It was a planned part of the ongoing restructuring.  The stock price is off one cent.
Lol, K

My employer PROFITS well over a Billion a year....and yet they're implementing the cutting and slashing of assets, management, and labor to restructure and increase those record profits.

There is no logical reason for it,  yes there was lots of deadwood in management,  but labor is pretty streamlined as it is.  Oh well,  they're filling my pockets with very good coin even as the wheels literally fall off their wagon.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
American auto would  rule the world if it wasn't for our Unions...
View Quote
The Mormon church is essentially a union....
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
American auto would  rule the world if it wasn't for our Unions...
View Quote
Well that and if they stopped making shitty cars.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I thought RB was an idiot at first.

Now I think he’s just a bored troll.

But I could be wrong. He very well might have a room temp iq.
View Quote
He is a troll. Look at all the threads hew starts. Intentionally controversial.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy didn't understand how time zones work and is a moon truther....need I say more?
The fact that he is a LEO scares the shit out of me.

Hopefully he is the type that isn't allowed to associate with the public.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Whats a moon truther?

I feel like I really should not ask, but I just gotta know
View Quote
They think it's made out of cheese.
View Quote
I thought it was made of barbeque spare ribs?
@WhiskersTheCat
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@WhiskersTheCat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whats a moon truther?

I feel like I really should not ask, but I just gotta know
They think it's made out of cheese.
@WhiskersTheCat

I was thinking "What the heck? A Ford cuts jobs thread, who in the heck wants my opinion on that?"

HEY

Don't jerk me around, Extorris, it's a simple question. A baby could answer it. If you were a hot dog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#48]
eh fuck it
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
HEY
Don't jerk me around, Extorris, it's a simple question. A baby could answer it. If you were a hot dog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?
View Quote
LINDA HAM !!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mad?
You should be mad when Obama bailed out GM and cost taxpayers around 12 BILLION.

Kudos to Ford for taking actions on their own dime.
View Quote
You might want to spread that anger around equally.

Obama Administration Awards First Three Auto Loans for Advanced Technologies to Ford Motor Company, Nissan Motors and Tesla Motors
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top