Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/29/2018 12:07:58 AM EDT
I love the place!

Company sent me out with a team to SoCal.  We were in the Thousand Oaks area.  It’s an amazing place.  Of course, I was out there on their dime and staying at the Four Seasons.  30 minute drive through canyons that were anazing...to gorgeous beaches and there’s so much to see that it’s hard to decide what to see.

We made it to a great fresh fish dive place in Malibu and then played around at the beach.  Went to LA and saw the observatory at night and then ended the trip at Point Dume.  We screwed up and went to the cliff side and a couple people nearly got trapped by a very strong high tide that nearly blocked their escape.

I know we hate it politically, but this place is awesome.  I’ll be going back to the same area in the early fall if any of you locals have any suggestions for things to do after work.

Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as you don’t need fresh water or electricity...
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Which seafood place?  Malibu Seafood or Neptunes Net?
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The only thing wrong with California is the liberal infestation.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#4]
"I know we hate it politically, but this place is awesome."

I grew up there in the 60's and 70's and agree with you.  I'd like to be able to go back someday.

I don't think that's going to happen though.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Where are the pics of feces and needles littering the streets as well as the tent cities?
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree that California is a beautiful state. I lived there back in the early 60's before it was ruined. All of the hippies, communists, nuts, militants, perverts, and serial killers moved to California and it became infested with these vermin. That's what destroyed that state. I've been back several times on business trips and now that I'm retired I have no wishes to ever return to that state because of the people.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I was eating a taco at Neptune’s Net on day and when I went to squeeze a lime on it the lime juice shot like 6’ over to another table and hit a 6’ish year old kid right in the eye...
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Reel Inn.

The food was good but the ambiance and the fact we were at the beach was probably what made it for me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I truly believe it is the most naturally beautiful state in the country, but it is a progressive shithole.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I've spent a great deal of time in CA. Loved it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Ahnnn.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:16:00 AM EDT
[#12]
No one said it wasn’t beautiful. But it’s infested with dirty hippies, rich Hollywood snobs, rich Silicon Valley snobs, heroin addicts, gangs, and the biggest bunch of freaky-deaky trannies on the planet. (The illegal immigrants are probably the most moral people in the state). Communism is the real problem in California though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The only thing wrong with California is the liberal infestation.
View Quote
You're not wrong.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:19:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No one said it wasn’t beautiful. But it’s infested with dirty hippies, rich Hollywood snobs, rich Silicon Valley snobs, heroin addicts, gangs, and the biggest bunch of freaky-deaky trannies on the planet. (The illegal immigrants are probably the most moral people in the state). Communism is the real problem in California though.
View Quote
They didn’t have any of that where we were but we saw a little vermin in LA proper.

I will absolutely agree with you on the $.  Every other car was a Roles, Bentley, Lamborghini, Ferrari or super Porsche.  We even saw a McLaren parked in a normal spot at Target to get beat up by car doors.  The homes.....wow.  Especially those in the Hollywood hills leading up to the observatory were unbelievable.

How people make enough bank to afford that stuff is beyond me.  But it’s just a gorgeous place.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Thousand Oaks is the rich area.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I was stationed out there in the 90s and absolutely loved it. Beautiful, scenic drives and I found the people for the most part to be very nice.

That said, you couldn't pay me enough to live out there now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:24:11 AM EDT
[#17]
You are essentially on a company-paid vacay, OP.  You are seeing attractions in a few days that most Californians don't see in years, if ever.  Yes, CA has some beautiful places.  I've been to most states, and CA is the most beautiful overall.  Hence the attraction for its 35 million residents, legal and illegal alike.  If you had to live 24/7/365 under the derp you might have a different opinion.  But yeah, company paid vacay in CA isn't the worst thing a person can do.  Enjoy it while it lasts.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey OP, how'd you make out with the traffic to the observatory, and the parking?
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Look past the environmental splendor and see the human effects. Its a shit hole!
My last trip to cali, i threw away my shoes before boarding my flight back to texas as not to infect my homeland.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#20]
One of the most beautiful dates in the union.
Damn shame about those liberals though.

I'll never go back other than to visit my progeny.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Where are the pics of feces and needles littering the streets as well as the tent cities?
View Quote
It does exist.  I live out in the burbs and really thought it was over hyped bullshit but I had to go to downtown San Francisco several times over the last few weeks and it really is very shocking.  The tent cities do exist, there are people shitting in the gutters, many more doorway squatters than I have ever seen before.  And while stuck in traffic on an elevated approach to the bay bridge I actually witnessed a bum blowing a bum.  lol let that sink in for a bit.  And I was NOT in the shitty areas.  I can't imagine what the shitty districts are like.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#22]
I love these monthly threads when people visit CA.

The food is great!

The view!!

The beach!!!!

The weather!!!!!

Then you all leave. No taxes or cost of living sucking out your savings. No day in day out months of the same tyrannical crap that you get to live with. No illegals trashing your countryside. No always feeling that you're about to be arrested or beat up because of difference in opinions. No gangs. And so much agonizing more that makes even some of the Stockholm type natives pack up and leave...And don't forget what a shit for brains drivers they have there. It's as if they're actively trying to beat the massholes or yorktards on who's state has the worst drivers. F yeah!

But that food, weather, and scenery yo. Then I get to leave and post about it later.

Yay for you OP. F CA, and especially F the Stockholm types trying to apologise or derp something else. You ain't fooling no one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#23]
We someone like Don Jr. to move out here and run for Governor to clean up this swamp.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Most of the problems are from people who weren’t born there or first generation. All the freaks from back east moved there, and now their kids. Also most out of state visitors spend time in LA, SD, or the bay, not the 400 miles between those places or much of anywhere else. Get away from the big cities it’s much different.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#26]
California is a beautiful place all things considered. But every time I go there I have the undying urge to gtfo about a day and a half in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:38:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Love California.  Haven't been there since 1985, though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:40:06 AM EDT
[#28]
While Illinois in no way compares to California in beauty and splendor, I have the same feeling about my home state as people do about California these days.  If it wasn't for our corrupt, establishment, liberal, communist politicians, this would be a wonderful state, like it used to be.  Just today I was doing a memorial ride through some rural areas I had never been to and the beauty of the rolling hills and fields along with the lazy country roads was wonderful.  So many nicely maintained homes and farms, lush lawns, little traffic, generally low cost of living (except housing prices and property taxes) four seasons, beautiful cities, etc and it's all being systematically destroying by the liberal democrats who have just about completed the total takeover of state politics.  Very shortly we will have virtually the same laws and lack of freedoms that California has.  Will be starting in January, 2019.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#29]
40-50 minute drive east or west for me and I can be out in the middle of driving nirvana.   I take 2 weeks vacation every year during spring to get out and enjoy the weather and the roads during the week days when I can go 2-3 hours without seeing hardly another car.

Pics are from 2017 and 2016.   This year sucked for wild flowers otherwise I would have been chopping flowers with low passes.  Next year maybe.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Agreed OP, spent a ton of time in 15/16 in SoCal for work, it really is gorgeous but the people and the politics ruin it :/
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:41:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Need to try Dukes in Malibu
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or to be able to protect yourself and your family, or to not pay a fuckton in taxes.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:46:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Sure. Its got beautiful rocks and a cold ass ocean. You can do both better in another state one at a time.

Meanwhile the things that can actually impact your life, the people, are horrendously ugly on the average.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#34]
I was born in socal. It is beautiful. It is also God's natural disaster theme park. It burns! It floods! It has epic landslides!
It has epic earthquakes! Wheeee! My birthday coincides with the Santa Anna winds and wildfires. On my birthday,
it is always on fire.

I live in Appalachia now. It is much less unstable...but it does flood...it is the mountains. I live on a high spot.

Because I don't like flooding.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:18:59 AM EDT
[#35]
The physical beauty of the place is about all its got left going for it. Fuck the rest of this shit hole
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:19:45 AM EDT
[#36]
The only gun you can get in Cali the same day.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:23:52 AM EDT
[#37]
It isn't the place it's the people. Save for @CarmelBytheSea et al and resident GD folks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:25:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The only gun you can get in Cali the same day.
https://i.imgur.com/kj1DMIm.jpg
View Quote
When I moved from CA to NC I bought a lawnmower.. nothing special just a normal self propelled mower.
On the box it had a giant sticker that said NOT LEGAL FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA.
I had an assault lawnmower. I was going to convert it to a featureless mower, but then I realized fuck CA.

I ended up shipping some stuff to my brother there.. the mower went to him. He's a mower felon now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:41:51 AM EDT
[#39]
So, you going to help us purge this state of fucking commies or what?
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:46:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
We can’t get fresh water or electricity here?

Who knew?
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:46:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thousand Oaks is the rich area.
View Quote
Thousand Oaks is definitely Middle class. But It does have some sections of nicer neighborhoods. I live about a mile from TO. CA is really not as bad as most on here make it to be. I bet most just watch FOX news and minds are made up about it.... people are mostly nice weather is great.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:49:16 AM EDT
[#42]
A lot of places would be beautiful to live, if it weren't inhabited by shitty people...
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#43]
My family has been here since about the 1870s.

California has changed so completely in my lifetime it's insane.  And it's not because of the native born.

To hell with this nation's immigration policies (both legal and illegal) and the liberal migration from the East.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We were in the Thousand Oaks area.  
View Quote
I am originally from Thousand Oaks, it really is a great place. What people really don't understand is that CA isn't all a shithole. The situation is such that the shithole cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Sacramento call the shots. There are many areas in California that are great places and great people. Don't get me wrong, California is in terrible shape and I want like hell to get out. Thousand Oaks is a very special place to me; we are surrounded by outdoor and indoor shooting ranges up to 1,000 yards, plenty of gun shops within driving distance, our Sheriff issues CCW's, good schools, very friendly people, and very low crime. Thousand Oaks is maybe 60% Republican and the entire county of Ventura would be a Republican majority if it wasn't for shitty Oxnard which is also responsible for a great portion of the gangs and crime in the county. Obviously you saw how beautiful it can be. Don't make the mistake of throwing all Californians in with the likes of San Francisco. I haven't seen the whole country but I have been to a decent amount of state and thus far the best looking women are in California.

Quoted:
Thousand Oaks is definitely Middle class. But It does have some sections of nicer neighborhoods. I live about a mile from TO. CA is really not as bad as most on here make it to be. I bet most just watch FOX news and minds are made up about it.... people are mostly nice weather is great.
View Quote
Middle class by California standards. I'd imagine against the nation it is a rich area. Also against the country. I never considered my family rich, not by a long shot. But many I knew, especially from Oxnard/Ventura seemed to think we were by where our house was and the size. Go behind the gates of Sherwood Valley, that is rich. Quite a few celebs live behind those gates, I did security there once. Then you have some big houses on Westlake Blvd between Arboles and TO.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#45]
But as a whole I guess it works out for now.

We take your commies and other states stay conservative.

Except the deep state is purposely importing left leaning immigrants to your home towns.  And the leftist families are moving back after screwing us up.

So it's a delayed collapse I guess.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 2:01:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I love the place!

Company sent me out with a team to SoCal.  We were in the Thousand Oaks area.  It's an amazing place.  Of course, I was out there on their dime and staying at the Four Seasons.  30 minute drive through canyons that were anazing...to gorgeous beaches and there's so much to see that it's hard to decide what to see.

We made it to a great fresh fish dive place in Malibu and then played around at the beach.  Went to LA and saw the observatory at night and then ended the trip at Point Dume.  We screwed up and went to the cliff side and a couple people nearly got trapped by a very strong high tide that nearly blocked their escape.

I know we hate it politically, but this place is awesome.  I'll be going back to the same area in the early fall if any of you locals have any suggestions for things to do after work.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2utgb2d.jpg
View Quote
The state of CA land/territory wise is very nice, it's just a damn shame their politics is so fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 2:15:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
40-50 minute drive east or west for me and I can be out in the middle of driving nirvana.   I take 2 weeks vacation every year during spring to get out and enjoy the weather and the roads during the week days when I can go 2-3 hours without seeing hardly another car.

https://i.imgur.com/zTBYRZr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/571K8fe.jpg

Pics are from 2017 and 2016.   This year sucked for wild flowers otherwise I would have been chopping flowers with low passes.  Next year maybe.
View Quote
The last time I was out here was near the end of the super bloom.  Still a lot of flowers but the grasses were hiding a lot of them.  Just don't tell people where it is.  There were some students taking "art" pix.  Hard to keep things hidden when the wind is blowing hard.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2018 2:31:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, being stationed there for several years had nothing to do with be my experienced opinions, it was all because of Fox. Yeah!

Lol. Not.

Nice people for sure, those awfully nice considerate of others with no ego attached CA drivers, uh huh. Gee that was so nice of them to cut everyone off. Swell people that bunch.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#49]
It's like going to a really good restaurant and finding roaches and rats. Do you want to go back? San Francisco is a beautiful place except for the shit, needles, homeless and Nancy Pelosi's personal MS13 detail. But other than the exorbitant prices what's not to love? I heard it said decades ago "California is like a box of granola,  what ain't fruits & nuts is flakes".
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 6:42:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Born there, lived there, the liberals can have it.

It will get worse, every time I visit I see the deterioration of the infrastructure.

But the weather is nice, but the taxes are high and going higher
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top