Powerful?  Ya.  Proficient?  LOL
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#2]
To be fair...

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tell me, who was in control of the country after the war ended?

That's who the real winner was.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We weren't beaten in the field there either.

Win? That wasn't the term used it was hold them off. Ukraine is holding off the Russians. Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam did not hold back the Americans. Ever.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not a Russia "fan" but I don't particularly like the Ukraine, either.  Russia is a paper tiger probably a bit inflated by our own military-industrial complex.  Also, we've pumped BILLIONS into their defense, without which they likely would not be fairing as well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did we roll artillery and knock down each city grid by grid square?
View Quote

They're still leaving the power on.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
They don't want to turn the place to dust. They want to break them down use what they have still left as infrastructure. But the main thing is to make the US look like a fool and become partners with China.
So far I think it's working.

When Russia and China get together as allies and come to the United States there's not going to be a lot to be done with that especially after Biden and these cronies get through stripping us.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the use of drones has changed things a lot. It seems like Russian armor is getting fucked up, EASILY. And last I read Russia had the highest number of tanks out of any military in the world. Something about they were sure armored warfare was the future so they built stockpiled way more tanks than anyone else. Obviously thats not working out for them. Then again all of that info could have been propaganda. The same thing with the videos of drone attacks, they could be overhyped propaganda. The truth is nobody knows what's really going on except the people involved.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Will of Ukrainian people + western weapons and intel
View Quote

True, but don’t under rate massive Russian incompetence, corruption, and amorality.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Win? That wasn't the term used it was hold them off. Ukraine is holding off the Russians. Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam did not hold back the Americans. Ever.
View Quote
And that's my point:  Tactical victories do not a strategic victory make.  In at least two of those three examples -- one could argue Iraq as well -- the US tactical superiority during the war was irrelevant to the final disposition of the conflict.

Similarly, unless the West is prepared to drastically increase its support for Ukraine the early UAF victories will end up being irrelevant.

Otherwise one would have to conclude that the South won the Civil War because the Army of Northern Virginia kicked the shit out of the Army of the Potomac at Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:42:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm not a Russia "fan" but I don't particularly like the Ukraine, either.  Russia is a paper tiger probably a bit inflated by our own military-industrial complex.  Also, we've pumped BILLIONS into their defense, without which they likely would not be fairing as well.
View Quote

Excellent post.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Things are different when you’re fighting to protect your homeland.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Good for the mil industrial complex.

Conventional war essentially comes down to manufacturing and logistics.

Scary to think how far india and china could go if they went full ww2 levels on making war goodies.

Russia has about half our population and a poorer economy. Id wager texas would givem a run for their money
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Russia will not be able to hold what they have.
View Quote

I doubt that's news to them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Will of Ukrainian people + western weapons and intel
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They don't want to turn the place to dust. They want to break them down use what they have still left as infrastructure. But the main thing is to make the US look like a fool and become partners with China.
So far I think it's working.

View Quote

Absolute opposite is happening.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

True, but don't under rate massive Russian incompetence, corruption, and amorality.
View Quote
IMO, the will of the Ukrainian people has been the most overlooked factor. It's why Putin thought he would be greeted as a liberator, Milley thought they would fall in 3 days, etc.

Their will to fight is what cause the weapon spigot to open wide.

But yes, your points all contribute. If I was ranking, will of the Ukrainians to fight for their home is far and away #1, and it never gets mentioned.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Bingo and Ukraine would’ve lost fewer lives and much less property damage. The US is going to destroy Ukraine in its quest to secure oil contracts, launder money and annoy Russia. Basically pirate shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Proxy war. Without US military aid Ukraine would have folded long ago.

Bingo and Ukraine would’ve lost fewer lives and much less property damage. The US is going to destroy Ukraine in its quest to secure oil contracts, launder money and annoy Russia. Basically pirate shit.

This kind of mindset is literally that of a beta cuck.
I’m not even using it as an edgy insult, either.

Letting yourself get stepped on and fucked in the ass and going along with it to keep the peace is literally the definition of cuck.

The fact that an ostensibly pro 2A American can have such a mindset is mindboggling.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Russia military not as good as expected.  Western intelligence and weapons assistance better than expected.  Result:  prolonged war, more death, more profit (financially and politically) for the globalist warmongers. Cost:  lots of unnecessary death, misery, and added potential for energy and food shortages to further the globalist agenda.  Evil at play all around.
View Quote

Who gave you the playbook? Belichick?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Russia will not be able to hold what they have.
View Quote
We'll see.  The question is:  Who's going to take it back?

It all boils down to Kherson:  If Ukraine can't dislodge the Russians there after months of preparation and with all the NATO wunderwaffen they've been given then they're certainly not going to push Russia out of the Donbass -- at least not without direct NATO (i.e., US) involvement.

All this talk about casualties and equipment losses on both sides is irrelevant.  If Ukraine can't muster a large, successful offensive against the Russians in a city they gave up in the early days of the war, then they are not going to win.  Period.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Undoubtedly the most action you've seen since Gorbachev
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only did you touch us, you blew us. Many of us.

Dumbest shit ever.

I'm early 40s, have 3 kids and my wife happily obliges anytime I tell her to get naked.

I've heard when Russians get shit faced they never cum.

Is it true?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

When?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's going about as expected. It's effectively a stalemate that Ukraine will eventually lose if Russia wants it bad enough. The West will find a new shiny trinket to play with and Ukraine will sign a cease fire ceding territory when the aide dries up.

When?

Whenever the next new thing hits. Maybe China gets too froggy. Maybe Kony makes the news again with the LRA. Maybe a terrorist attack happens and the West deploys assets somewhere else. Russia is staking national pride on this one and are going full retard on their commitment. I don't see how Ukraine doesn't call for a cease fire before Russia bleeds to death from a constant bloody nose.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They certainly did not we went where we pleased.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did Afghanistan hold us off for 20 years?

They certainly did not we went where we pleased.

Who is in control of Afghanistan right now?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Don’t a buttload of American politicians kids “work” for Ukrainian companies?

Something ain’t above board.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dumbest shit ever.

I'm early 40s, have 3 kids and my wife happily obliges anytime I tell her to get naked.

Is it true?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Dumbest shit ever.

Is it true?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumbest shit ever.

Is it true?

Oh jeez.  So crass.  These threads are just white trash tar babies.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Russia has junk poorly maintained equipment, fetal alcohol syndrome conscripts. Ukraine has western weapons and "advisors" and first world educated troops
View Quote
You left out BILLIONS of U.S. dollars

I hate putin, I hate that war.  I hate us giving away money we don't have also....
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Russia cannot sustain their current position.

Ukraine will take back land.
View Quote
I'll believe it when they take back Kherson.

Until then it's all wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#30]
What are you talking about OP?  Russia is smashing the shit out of Ukraine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Ukrainians are using bio lab crested super soldiers.  Plus they are supposedly te most corrupt nation on the planet, which must give them some kind of unfair advantage.

It’s tough to be a Putin lover these days.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And that's my point:  Tactical victories do not a strategic victory make.  In at least two of those three examples -- one could argue Iraq as well -- the US tactical superiority during the war was irrelevant to the final disposition of the conflict.

Similarly, unless the West is prepared to drastically increase its support for Ukraine the early UAF victories will end up being irrelevant.

Otherwise one would have to conclude that the South won the Civil War because the Army of Northern Virginia kicked the shit out of the Army of the Potomac at Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville.
View Quote

Read the title of the thread. What's your point?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumbest shit ever.

Is it true?

well considering he has a picture of his wifes ass as an avatar..would you really expect any different?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I hate putin, I hate that war.  I hate us giving away money we don't have also....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia has junk poorly maintained equipment, fetal alcohol syndrome conscripts. Ukraine has western weapons and "advisors" and first world educated troops

How much money have we spent in the cold war, how much on nuclear development over the last 70 years ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If Obama doesn't convince Ukraine to give their nukes up, Russia stays home. Instead, he tells them that Murica has your back and they hand them over to Vlad.

As far as your question, its a combination of all the answers given:

• Item 1
  • They aren't there to wreck, otherwise the Uke refugees come to Russia to be fed
  • Item 2
  • We've dumped a bunch of weapons and intel into their laps for the proxiness of it
  • Item 3
  • They aren't that good anymore. When's the last time they won anything? 1945?
  • Item 4
  • Defending their homeland gives the Ukes the advantage and they are using it

View Quote

Ukraine gave up their nukes way before Obama became president. Check yourself
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty sure McDs and Pizza Hut are in Vietnam so capitalism won.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Lowly civilian perspective:
  • Russian military isn't what it was all cracked up to be....b/c
  • There weapon systems weren't as good as they were hyped up to be (all that good shit they parade around is all they got, not going to send it to the front line) AND....
  • Russian military is about as corrupt as if can be. We've seen them sending them with inadequate weapons, vehicles and next to nothing logistics.
  • They threw the B-team (aka low IQ conscripts) as their main force. They don't want to be there any more than anyone else.
  • Ukraine is home turf. Everyone can be feeding Ukraine military info. The got every inch of every area sighted for arty, missile and drone strikes or Anti-tank/anti -air ambushes
  • The world is pouring billions in weapons and funds to Ukraine.
  • Because Russia is as large as it is, can't really devote near their entire military might on Ukraine. They have a huge area they need to "defend" from Europe to Asia.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#38]
The Russian military spent decades preparing to fight NATO.  They didn't plan to be fighting an adversary just as incompetent and corrupt as they are and using the same shit equipment.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
  • There weapon systems weren't as good as they were hyped up to be (all that good shit they parade around is all they got, not going to send it to the front line) AND....
  • Russian military is about as corrupt as if can be. We've seen them sending them with inadequate weapons, vehicles and next to nothing logistics.
  • They threw the B-team (aka low IQ conscripts) as their main force. They don't want to be there any more than anyone else.
  • Ukraine is home turf. Everyone can be feeding Ukraine military info. The got every inch of every area sighted for arty, missile and drone strikes or Anti-tank/anti -air ambushes
  • Because Russia is as large as it is, can't really devote near their entire military might on Ukraine. They have a huge area they need to "defend" from Europe to Asia.  
View Quote

Any day now when they are really getting their ass kicked they will send in the A team.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Read the title of the thread. What's your point?
View Quote
1)  Ukraine has lost roughly 20-25% of its pre-war territory and has suffered an estimated 100K to 200K casualties, depending the source.  They're not holding anything off, they're losing -- just not as badly as everyone believed they would at the beginning.

2)  The idea that Russia is somehow losing because they haven't rolled into Kiev yet is wishful thinking.  Russia is making slow but steady progress, and Ukraine has yet to retake any significant territory in the east.

3)  This war is far from over, and the most critical part is coming up this winter:  If Europeans freeze in the dark because of anti-Russian sanctions then you're going to suddenly see a change in EU policy towards Ukraine, one that favors a negotiated settlement that allows Russia to keep the Donbass, Crimea, and everything else it can seize between now and then.

Saying that Ukraine is "holding off" Russia is like looking at the halftime score of Super Bowl LI and concluding the Falcons were going to win big.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#41]
What do you all gauge the level of bullshit we are getting fed on this war is? I have no idea but I have to imagine a good portion of it is coming out of the CIA (or similar).

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Russia cannot sustain their current position.

Ukraine will take back land.
View Quote

Ukraine is evacuating Donetsk. I bet Russia ends up with it if they can hold it through the winter.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What are you talking about OP?  Russia is smashing the shit out of Ukraine.
View Quote

Fake news. All through Iraq II war we got casualty updates and totals pushed in our faces every which way, in the paper, on the radio, chalked out on campus sidewalks.  

Ukraine has no reported casualties whatsoever, ergo they must be winning.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
1)  Ukraine has lost roughly 20-25% of its pre-war territory and has suffered an estimated 100K to 200K casualties, depending the source.  They're not holding anything off, they're losing -- just not as badly as everyone believed they would at the beginning.

2)  The idea that Russia is somehow losing because they haven't rolled into Kiev yet is wishful thinking.  Russia is making slow but steady progress, and Ukraine has yet to retake any significant territory in the east.

3)  This war is far from over, and the most critical part is coming up this winter:  If Europeans freeze in the dark because of anti-Russian sanctions then you're going to suddenly see a change in EU policy towards Ukraine, one that favors a negotiated settlement that allows Russia to keep the Donbass, Crimea, and everything else it can seize between now and then.

Saying that Ukraine is "holding off" Russia is like looking at the halftime score of Super Bowl LI and concluding the Falcons were going to win big.
View Quote

They tried to roll into Kiev. Failed miserably. It cost them the credibility of the Russian Army.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lowly civilian lol!!!!  Like a guy in the Army has any fucking clue about what is really going on in geo-politics!!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been quite impressed with the progress that Russia has made against The Ukraine. Despite having been trained, armed, and funded by Nato for the past 8 years the Ukrainians are having a hard time slowing down the Russians much less repel them. The aid given to Ukraine has far surpassed the military budget for the entire Russian Army, yet the results haven't changed much on the ground. I can't imagine the number of casualties the US Military would have suffered if the Iraqis or the Afghanis would have received the same support The Ukraine has. Another thing that has me impressed is the speed at which incompetent military commanders are replaced when they screw up. Here in the US not only has no one been held accountable for the absolute failures that were the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, the only ones that faced any sort of repercussions were those who spoke out such as Lt Col Stuart Scheller. Hell the troops that refused the Covid Vaccine faced more accountability than our incompetent military and political leadership. A question for all you boomers though, has wartime propaganda always been this bad? It seems like every Ukraine war thread devolves into a shitshow of epic proportions and propaganda from both the Ukraine shills and Russian shills are constantly being proven wrong.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How much money have we spent in the cold war, how much on nuclear development over the last 70 years ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.  Why spend more, that makes it better?

Have we ever been in this much debt before?  Answer: NO

So while I root for the Ukraine people themselves, Europe needs to be paying those bills.  NOT US.  

All that said putin is evil commie filth.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Commies suck

Only reason they are relevant is oil and nukes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top