Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]
If they can put these out at msrp they'll sell a shitload. I don't need a new truck but this is a strong option for when I do. It would easily handle my daily driver tasks, although I think I'd want the AWD version over the hybrid. If they had a hybrid AWD it would be my choice.

I'd seriously consider a single cab, but practically speaking the current version is probably generally better.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If they can put these out at msrp they'll sell a shitload. I don't need a new truck but this is a strong option for when I do. It would easily handle my daily driver tasks, although I think I'd want the AWD version over the hybrid. If they had a hybrid AWD it would be my choice.

I'd seriously consider a single cab, but practically speaking the current version is probably generally better.
View Quote

Wish AWD wasn't over $3k as an option. My problem is it starts creeping into Ranger territory which I understand is a totally different animal but can be had in a super cab 6' bed and able to do a lot more work.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wish AWD wasn't over $3k as an option. My problem is it starts creeping into Ranger territory which I understand is a totally different animal but can be had in a super cab 6' bed and able to do a lot more work.
View Quote

Honestly when they brought the ranger back I thought it would be a bare bones option like before, not knocking on an f150 in price. I really think they missed their shot with the ranger, but the maverick is what a lot of people wanted.

Like others have stated, I bet it will kill in the fleet truck market unless they're total dogs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Honestly when they brought the ranger back I thought it would be a bare bones option like before, not knocking on an f150 in price. I really think they missed their shot with the ranger, but the maverick is what a lot of people wanted.

Like others have stated, I bet it will kill in the fleet truck market unless they're total dogs.
View Quote

IMO the Ranger is best suited for people who want a decent off road truck at a reasonable price. I have an XL with the FX4 package.

While the Maverick has an FX4 package option, it wont be nearly as capable. IMO its a compromise solution for folks who might only have one vehicle.

I'll be getting a Hybrid Maverick to replace my car.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
yep - looking to replace my old SUV - and the Ford Maverick 4wd/xlt with a topper might be a perfect fit.

The Ford configures to about 30k + tax - but the Kia Seltos is a bit cheaper; however, the "S" in any color is not to be found.

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We live in snow, ice and mud most of the year...I have to have AWD but I want that hybrid as well. I'm betting they will have that combo within 2-3 years after release.
View Quote

Same. I need AWD or 4WD- when it ices over my front wheel drive work car can't get up my driveway without a serious running start

I would really like the hybrid, and in 2-3 years maybe I'll be looking to upgrade- given that I've always favored smaller SUVs for my daily drivers, this is a perfect match for me. I can always use a bigger vehicle to tow large amounts, which is very rare for me anyway.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We live in snow, ice and mud most of the year...I have to have AWD but I want that hybrid as well. I'm betting they will have that combo within 2-3 years after release.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused as to why they aren't able to offer the AWD out of the gate being they have that combo in the Escape already and my understanding was that this is the same or similar powertrain.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm confused as to why they aren't able to offer the AWD out of the gate being they have that combo in the Escape already and my understanding was that this is the same or similar powertrain.
View Quote

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-motor-technology/

Its not the exact same setup used in the Escape. They probably figured it was worthwhile to push out something good now instead of delaying it longer to get something more out.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Its not the exact same setup used in the Escape. They probably figured it was worthwhile to push out something good now instead of delaying it longer to get something more out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Sounds good but I’m not sure I’d want to be the beta tester for a new in house built electric motor. Really seems like they are making the base Hybrids out to be loss leaders but I’m sure they’ll still find a way to make money.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#11]
IMO, if I need AWD I'd rather not have the hybrid. Added complexity for a use case where it likely won't be that beneficial in MPG savings.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#12]
My only Gripe is I cant order it with a Manual.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#13]
A Ford cvt is a no for me dog.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s the dct that has had the issues, and the non hybrid powertrain comes with a traditional automatic.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ford should make a regular cab long bed 4x4 diesel with manual locks/windows/trans and vinyl seats and floors for $25k.

They would sell millions every year
View Quote

That’s horrible for them if it cost then 30k to make each one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I might be game for something similar, but in my case can easily afford to wait until a hybrid all-wheel-drive system becomes available.  That'll be the sweet ticket, I think.

Not that the gasser AWD is a bad setup, but the MPG capabilities of the hybrid have my attention.  Just need the extra traction in bad weather.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's the dct that has had the issues, and the non hybrid powertrain comes with a traditional automatic.
View Quote
Certainly a valuable thing to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its not a conventional cvt, it doesn't use belts, its an ecvt, all gears.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/this-is-how-toyota-prius-gearbox-works-video-63918.html

Ford Hybrid Transaxle Generations - (Toyota Prius P610, Chrysler Pacifica SI-EVT)
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/2022-maverick-spied-with-new-accessories-black-trims-hood-bulge-scoop-wheel-arches-window-air-deflectors-%F0%9F%93%B8.785/

Some pics with alot of black accessory trim. I might consider the wheel arches but not sure about anything else.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Any clue on non-hybrid AWD mileage?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any clue on non-hybrid AWD mileage?
View Quote

I'm sure it's close to the Bronco Sport with the same powertrain.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/2022-maverick-spied-with-new-accessories-black-trims-hood-bulge-scoop-wheel-arches-window-air-deflectors-%F0%9F%93%B8.785/

Some pics with alot of black accessory trim. I might consider the wheel arches but not sure about anything else.
View Quote
Same. Not a fan of all the black plastic (assuming it's plastic) but the wheel arches would work. All that black plastic from the back is getting into Avalanche territory. Looks cheap and no doubt will probably be sun bleached with time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ford should make a regular cab long bed 4x4 diesel with manual locks/windows/trans and vinyl seats and floors for $25k.

They would sell millions every year

None of the people that demand that stuff would buy one anyway.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#24]
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/pricing-part-2022-maverick-snug-top-sport-bed-cap-camper-shell-topper.803/

Apparently the factory branded camper shell has an MSRP of $3,449. Yeah, I don't think those will sell too well at that price.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/pricing-part-2022-maverick-snug-top-sport-bed-cap-camper-shell-topper.803/

Apparently the factory branded camper shell has an MSRP of $3,449. Yeah, I don't think those will sell too well at that price.
View Quote

Those things are stupid expensive in general. You can go buy a ARE for that much right now for any truck if you want. This one being so model specific, it doesn't surprise me that it'll be on the high side of pricing, most factory tonneau's and stuff are priced on the high side.

Someone still buys them though...
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Those things are stupid expensive in general. You can go buy a ARE for that much right now for any truck if you want. This one being so model specific, it doesn't surprise me that it'll be on the high side of pricing, most factory tonneau's and stuff are priced on the high side.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never actually owned a truck with one, but I always had the thought that they could be taken off or put on easily when needed. I do notice this one has a tail light on it, so I assume it is wired in somewhere, are most of the ones sold these days like that?

I also wonder if maybe if this one is somehow tied into the power lock of the tailgate since I don't see a visible keyhole?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've never actually owned a truck with one, but I always had the thought that they could be taken off or put on easily when needed. I do notice this one has a tail light on it, so I assume it is wired in somewhere, are most of the ones sold these days like that?

I also wonder if maybe if this one is somehow tied into the power lock of the tailgate since I don't see a visible keyhole?
View Quote

Yeah, most have a 3rd brake light in them (since they block the factory one) and some even lock/unlock with the vehicle locks.

I have a cap on one of my trucks, I like them. They're not hard to remove, but they're also not as easy as rolling up a tonneau cover. I send my kid in the back with an cordless impact, he unbolts the clamps, hops out, we each pickup a side and set it on my saw horses. I don't have anything fancy on mine, and I don't hook up the brake light.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#28]
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/07/ford-maverick-with-2-0-liter-ecoboost-filmed-up-close-returning-26-6-mpg/

The MPG on the turbo models hasn't officially been confirmed, but someone noticed the dash on one of FX4 models claimed a 26.6 MPG average.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#30]

That's impressive. I'd love to try one out. I spec one and it ends up close to Ranger money which I would much rather have. Then I go off the rails and start pricing 250's and 350's because that's what we all need

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That's impressive. I'd love to try one out. I spec one and it ends up close to Ranger money which I would much rather have.
View Quote

But wouldnt that spec'd out mav be close to a base trim ranger? You'll start spec'n that ranger out too lol $+$+$+$
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:57:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Before the Maverick was announced I was looking at '90-'95 Toyota trucks with under 100k miles....still kinda want one of those but even with the 22r engine I'll be getting 15mpg.
View Quote

The mileage is the main draw for me. These things get better mileage than my little subaru.
Quoted:

But wouldnt that spec'd out mav be close to a base trim ranger? You'll start spec'n that ranger out too lol $+$+$+$
View Quote

Yup but it's all dreams to me lol. The difference to me is that the Ranger almost has a real bed and can tow most of what I'd need to tow. I'd probably just be treating the Maverick as my daily. Different animals for me. I understand that's weird.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Was looking at the Maverick this week. Not bad. They will probably sell a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Was looking at the Maverick this week. Not bad. They will probably sell a bunch of them.
View Quote

Your dealer had one? I haven't seen any in person yet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/07/ford-maverick-with-2-0-liter-ecoboost-filmed-up-close-returning-26-6-mpg/

The MPG on the turbo models hasn't officially been confirmed, but someone noticed the dash on one of FX4 models claimed a 26.6 MPG average.
View Quote

That’s close to what the 2.0 sees in other vehicles.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:18:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In AWD or 2WD trim?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Your dealer had one? I haven't seen any in person yet.
View Quote

I was at the air show up in Oshkosh WI. Ford is a huge EAA sponsor and usually has a big display front and center.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In AWD or 2WD trim?
View Quote

Should be close to that with AWD, likely getting real close to 30 on the highway unless the aero really takes a dump on the Maverick.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The mileage is the main draw for me. These things get better mileage than my little subaru.

Yup but it's all dreams to me lol. The difference to me is that the Ranger almost has a real bed and can tow most of what I'd need to tow. I'd probably just be treating the Maverick as my daily. Different animals for me. I understand that's weird.
View Quote

It all depends on what you need.  This would be a daily driver for me, with bonus AWD for bad weather and the ability to move furniture.

All I want is something with a bed big enough to occasionally move a recliner, dishwasher or maybe a couch, which  you could do with the gate down.   AWD is a nice bonus and the crew cab means I can lock reasonably large things in the back of the cab.   Guys that need full sized trucks will scoff at the maverick but 99% of what I will use it for is commuting.   If ford can keep the retail price down this will be my next vehicle.   I don't care about mileage as long as it's reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Interesting to see people interested in the Maverick here while there seems to be universal hate for the "its not a pickup" Honda Ridgeline.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before the Maverick was announced I was looking at '90-'95 Toyota trucks with under 100k miles....still kinda want one of those but even with the 22r engine I'll be getting 15mpg.

Quoted:

They are different animals.

I’m extremely interested in a Maverick because I drive a ton of miles and only need a truck a few times a year. Despite wanting a Ranger I didn’t buy one for the above reasons.

I’m looking at the Maverick as an economy car without many of the sacrifices you typically need to make to get into an economy car. Sacrifices I’ve never been willing to make.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#44]
80000 orders, not reservations.

CEO Jim Farley on Q2 2021 Results -

"And then there's the Maverick, our upcoming hybrid pickup, that offers room for five, gets 40 miles per gallon in the city and is priced starting at less than $20,000, and customer already recognize the value of this product and the initial interest to our dealers is more than almost 80,000 orders."
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#45]
"more than almost"?

I think he was just slinging words around when he said "orders" rather than "reservations".
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It all depends on what you need.  This would be a daily driver for me, with bonus AWD for bad weather and the ability to move furniture.

All I want is something with a bed big enough to occasionally move a recliner, dishwasher or maybe a couch, which  you could do with the gate down.   AWD is a nice bonus and the crew cab means I can lock reasonably large things in the back of the cab.   Guys that need full sized trucks will scoff at the maverick but 99% of what I will use it for is commuting.   If ford can keep the retail price down this will be my next vehicle.   I don't care about mileage as long as it's reasonable.
View Quote

Most likely it would be a daily for me too. I have never been a fan of FWD but if you're truly just looking for a commuter it's hard to justify the cost of going to the AWD.

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Interesting to see people interested in the Maverick here while there seems to be universal hate for the "its not a pickup" Honda Ridgeline.
View Quote
People are going in knowing they aren't getting a true pickup and it's priced to accommodate that at a base $20k. The Ridgeline starts at $35k and gets the hate from having to go up against Tacoma's, Frontiers, and Colorado's.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I’m extremely interested in a Maverick because I drive a ton of miles and only need a truck a few times a year. Despite wanting a Ranger I didn’t buy one for the above reasons.

I’m looking at the Maverick as an economy car without many of the sacrifices you typically need to make to get into an economy car. Sacrifices I’ve never been willing to make.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

agree... and at 20k it's actual economy car pricing... which is sort of amazing
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
People are going in knowing they aren't getting a true pickup and it's priced to accommodate that at a base $20k. The Ridgeline starts at $35k and gets the hate from having to go up against Tacoma's, Frontiers, and Colorado's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I'd love a chance to buy a new Ridgeline for low 20's. Even a CRV starts at $25k.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top