BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

They made the ranger too big IMO.
View Quote

Everything got big. I have a lifted Excursion and there are F-150's that seem damn near the same size.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

The Ranger has a 2200lb-3000lb payload rating in the rest of the world.  Ford nerfs the US version's payload to make the vastly more profitable F-150 look like more of an upgrade.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The Ranger has a 2200lb-3000lb payload rating in the rest of the world.  Ford nerfs the US version's payload to make the vastly more profitable F-150 look like more of an upgrade.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ford.com.au/content/dam/Ford/website-assets/ap/au/nameplate/ranger-2019/overview/brochure/Ranger_MY2021.75_eBrochure.pdf
Wow those numbers are impressive. Payload is more than most F150s here :-/
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ford.com.au/content/dam/Ford/website-assets/ap/au/nameplate/ranger-2019/overview/brochure/Ranger_MY2021.75_eBrochure.pdf
Wow those numbers are impressive. Payload is more than most F150s here :-/

I've pushed my old Canyon past it's "limits" a few times, you honestly couldn't tell. I think in general they all have some safety factor built in, but probably more so towards the smaller trucks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:20:18 AM EDT
[#5]
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/window-stickers-show-22-29-mpg-for-maverick-2-0l-ecoboost-awd-4k-tow.1452/

Window sticker for a turbo AWD with tow package, shows 22 MPG city and 29 MPG highway.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know what's funny? Up until 1996, the Mercury Grand Marquis/ Ford Crown Vic were rated at 5000lbs of towing capacity. In 1997, the rating was dropped to 2000 lbs. In 2003, it was dropped again to 1500 lbs. All this with the same engine and transmission available in the F150 at the same time, in a body-on-frame car. The only noticeable difference is that, in 2003, they went to a fully boxed and hydroformed frame, and a Watts-link suspension in the rear. The theory is that Ford downgraded the towing capacity to make the F150 look like a better alternative if you needed to tow something on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like a good size. Now they just need full 3d comparisons with the older Ranger and F150
View Quote

Someone took some pics of the Maverick next to an older Ranger.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/2022-maverick-vs-2008-ranger-comparison-look-side-by-side.1525/

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Looks good. Too bad you can’t get the Maverick in that configuration.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]
My Dad had a '72 Maverick Grabber, with a 302, and racing stripes

He sold it because he didn't want me driving it when I got my license in '74
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
The mav is shorter in both OAL and wheelbase. A tad wider and taller, but shorter?? Wow.

The mav is growing on me. Its like a 4dr ranchero that gets good mpgs. The only thing thats bumming me out is the bed length.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The mav is shorter in both OAL and wheelbase. A tad wider and taller, but shorter?? Wow.
View Quote

It's not shorter.  Maverick is 199.7" long.  The old Ranger was between 184.3" and 198.2"  At ~3600lbs the Maverick weighs about the same as the old Ranger.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like every new truck in that the front bumper is lower and there is less clearance along the middle than the ranger. Of course that's due to aero and mpg requirements, but it really screws some of these trucks for getting off road at all. Especially since the wheelbase is longer than the longest old Ranger.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks like every new truck in that the front bumper is lower and there is less clearance along the middle than the ranger. Of course that's due to aero and mpg requirements, but it really screws some of these trucks for getting off road at all. Especially since the wheelbase is longer than the longest old Ranger.
View Quote

Air dams and even bumpers can come off pretty easily if off road clearance is really the priority but it’s just not for these rigs. They still have more than most people will ever need.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#15]
update: no hybrids for the foreseeable future,

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/09/ford-pauses-production-scheduling-of-new-hybrid-maverick-models/

A parts availability issue has prompted Ford to pause the scheduling of new Maverick hybrid pickup truck orders.

A notice issued to Ford dealerships by the automaker and shared to the Maverick Truck Club forum reveals that orders placed for the Maverick hybrid will not be selected for scheduling “until further notice.”
View Quote

I wonder if this translates to "literally no one wanted the hybrid, they all wanted the ecoboost"?

This news comes roughly a month after a Ford dealership in Iowa revealed that hybrid Maverick models won’t be stocked on dealership lots and will only be shipped when ordered by a customer.
View Quote

Or maybe it translates to "this is how we met federal fleet standards for fuel economy".
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
update: no hybrids for the foreseeable future,

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/09/ford-pauses-production-scheduling-of-new-hybrid-maverick-models/

I wonder if this translates to "literally no one wanted the hybrid, they all wanted the ecoboost"?

Or maybe it translates to "this is how we met federal fleet standards for fuel economy".
View Quote

With all of the supply chain shortages it makes sense to focus production on the most profitable (high trim) configurations.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I noticed as I was browsing online that a bunch of Mavericks were showing up for sale but they were all ecoboost engines. I believe the supply chain story. Maybe by the time they come out they will have the awd figured out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

With all of the supply chain shortages it makes sense to focus production on the most profitable (high trim) configurations.
View Quote

Bingo.

With trucks in such short supply now, you will take what we choose to build, and you will like it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bingo.

With trucks in such short supply now, you will take what we choose to build, and you will like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

It's a sellers market right now, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't think they anticipated the number of orders for the cheapest entry level hybrid.  I could be convinced to buy that, for under $20k.

$25k and up I'll get something else.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Supply chain issues, 1st year vehicle, budget price........all the warning signs are there. I wouldn't mind getting one, but I'd have to have a pretty great warranty from Ford.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#23]
dump the back door, longer bed.  it is useless with 4 doors.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The mav is growing on me. Its like a 4dr ranchero that gets good mpgs. The only thing thats bumming me out is the bed length.
View Quote

I was expecting something ranchero-ish, but when I saw one last week it seemed more like Ford's version of the Ridgeline to me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It would take away from their over priced truck market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ford should make a regular cab long bed 4x4 diesel with manual locks/windows/trans and vinyl seats and floors for $25k.

They would sell millions every year

It would take away from their over priced truck market.

Especially when they sit unsold on the lot and dealers sell them to anyone with a room temperature credit rating.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Trucks have frames, not unibody construction. Those are just cars with open storage beds.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Does each one come with a tennis helmet as standard equipment?
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Trucks have frames, not unibody construction. Those are just cars with open storage beds.
View Quote

So what?  It will suit me perfectly.    I have no need for a full sized truck but I want a back seat for passengers and to have a place to put stuff so it's locked in the cab.  AWD is adequate for not getting stuck in snow and the bed is big enough to move furniture or appliances.

Anyone see one on the street?
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So what?  It will suit me perfectly.    I have no need for a full sized truck but I want a back seat for passengers and to have a place to put stuff so it's locked in the cab.  AWD is adequate for not getting stuck in snow and the bed is big enough to move furniture or appliances.

View Quote

Summed it up perfectly for my needs as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Dealerships here are showing a few but I don’t know if they are actually in stock or en route. I really hope this truck works out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dealerships here are showing a few but I don’t know if they are actually in stock or en route. I really hope this truck works out.
View Quote

Yeah, me too.   It's the only one on the market that perfectly suits my needs, and you can get a moon roof!  Hope it's not a dog with fleas.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#32]
They showing a few online through car gurus. I'd love to have this set up as I dont need to tow much and the AWD would fit the bill nicely. However , it's a Ford and long term reliability is questionable.......
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/window-stickers-show-22-29-mpg-for-maverick-2-0l-ecoboost-awd-4k-tow.1452/

Window sticker for a turbo AWD with tow package, shows 22 MPG city and 29 MPG highway.
View Quote

am i reading that right? base trim awd is 20k?
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have not seen the Maverick on the street yet, but I did see a Hyundai Santa Cruz.  The bed looks really short.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have not seen the Maverick on the street yet, but I did see a Hyundai Santa Cruz.  The bed looks really short.
View Quote
The Santa Cruz is a cool little truck. Too small for my taste, but if lived deeper into the city, it would be a good choice..
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the base trim is hybrid FWD.  AWD costs like $3k more and only with the ecoboost.   $19,995 for the stripped down FWD hybrid.   I show $24,795 on fords website if all you add is the ecoboost and AWD.  You can't get AWD in the hybrid.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Godamn ! That's an ugly ass looking truck.
View Quote
looks better than any GM pickup in the last 20 years
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#38]
It looks like my Subaru has more clearance, and better departure and approach angles.  But it will do fine as long as there isn't any offroading.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They should have just retooled the 83-85 Ranger with a modern 2.3. And boxed the frame. Winner winner!!!
View Quote
86 to 91 is best Ranger
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was at the air show up in Oshkosh WI. Ford is a huge EAA sponsor and usually has a big display front and center.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your dealer had one? I haven't seen any in person yet.

I was at the air show up in Oshkosh WI. Ford is a huge EAA sponsor and usually has a big display front and center.
EAA membership is one path to cheaper Ford prices
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
EAA membership is one path to cheaper Ford prices
View Quote

Tell me more.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Santa Cruz is a cool little truck. Too small for my taste, but if lived deeper into the city, it would be a good choice..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the Santa Cruz were out a year ago, I might have gone to look at one instead of buying a Ridgeline. I could probably do what I want/need with a 4' bed. That said, I still love my RL.

I have seen a Santa Cruz in person, a brand new one drove past while I was walking close to the office a couple weeks ago.. that greenish/grey non-metallic color like in the pictures. It looked like... well, like the pictures. It didn't seem to be that much smaller than my RL, really.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tell me more.
View Quote
@Bones45

EAA members get Ford employee price, membership was 40$ yr.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@Bones45

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me more.
@Bones45

Wow.  That could be a very valuable piece of information.  From the EAA website it looks like there is basically no requirements or restrictions on who can join, do you know if that is actually the case?  

Hopefully Ford won't exclude the maverick if they ever start shipping them in any quantity.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone seen one in person yet?

I’m seeing several in stock at dealerships when searching inventory on Ford’s site.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Media embargo on driving reviews will likely be lifted tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's weird that Ford is embargoing the reviews when there is a guy that took delivery of one and is posting videos.

2022 Ford Maverick REVIEW! - First thoughts! - First to take delivery? - Is it worth it? - Plans!
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

The straight pipes drove it 3 days ago.
AMAZING! 2022 Ford Maverick Review
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The straight pipes drove it 3 days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmcQX8DGdTI
View Quote

Not a bad review.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top