Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I work with a lady that has a 4 door 1st Gen Colorado and I that’s what I though of when I saw the Maverick firsthand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had one pass me on the interstate the other day. Didn't seem much different in size than my 1st gen Canyon/Colorado.

I work with a lady that has a 4 door 1st Gen Colorado and I that’s what I though of when I saw the Maverick firsthand.

There's been some pictures of these next to the older Rangers and they looked pretty similar in size.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There's been some pictures of these next to the older Rangers and they looked pretty similar in size.
View Quote

It's about the same size as a short bed Nissan Frontier:

Frontier:
Wheelbase 125.9 in
Length 205.5 in
Width 72.8 in
Height 68.7

Maverick:
Wheelbase 121.1 in
Length 199.7 in
Width 72.6 in
Height 68.7–73.9 in

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So the same as the Hybrid on the highway which is where I spend 99% of my time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s the ecoboost get in 2wd and 4wd

Reviewers are seeing ~32mpg highway.  2WD vs. AWD shouldn't really matter beyond the weight increase.  The FX4 trim gets slightly shorter gearing.

Hybrids don't have that much impact on highway driving.    They SHINE in city driving.   You can't get an AWD hybrid anyway.   Ecoboost numbers I've seen average about 25- 27 in mixed driving.  It's pretty good.  If you use the stop/start feature and drive conservatively you can probably squeeze a lot out of the ecoboost.   A lot depends on your driving habits.

Personally the ecoboost numbers are good enough for me.  I'd rather have the performance gain anyway.  Reviews are saying this thing is pretty quick off the line and has no trouble towing up to it's max rated number.   Once the after market catches up and you can get performance tunes and nitrous kits this thing is gonna be sick.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hybrids don't have that much impact on highway driving.    They SHINE in city driving.   You can't get an AWD hybrid anyway.   Ecoboost numbers I've seen average about 25- 27 in mixed driving.  It's pretty good.  If you use the stop/start feature and drive conservatively you can probably squeeze a lot out of the ecoboost.   A lot depends on your driving habits.

Personally the ecoboost numbers are good enough for me.  I'd rather have the performance gain anyway.  Reviews are saying this thing is pretty quick off the line and has no trouble towing up to it's max rated number.   Once the after market catches up and you can get performance tunes and nitrous kits this thing is gonna be sick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s the ecoboost get in 2wd and 4wd

Reviewers are seeing ~32mpg highway.  2WD vs. AWD shouldn't really matter beyond the weight increase.  The FX4 trim gets slightly shorter gearing.

Yeah my commute is over 100 miles daily at 73mph. When I’m in town try and ride my motorcycles as much as I can.

They said they plan to have awd hybrids soon but I don’t know what that means in the real world. The turbo would be handy here because of the altitude but the 2.5 Hybrid engine is supposed to be pretty solid. Have a coworker with an older escape hybrid and it has treated him pretty well and I assume it’s the same basic setup.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:09:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Bed with max payload.

MAXING OUT THE FORD MAVERICK’S 1500lbs PAYLAOD (1700lbs)
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bed with max payload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmyjLZTjP0o
View Quote

We were reliably informed by GD that this is gay.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I made the plunge yesterday - put in an order for a 2022 Ford Maverick. Lariat trim, AWD, Luxury pkg (heated steering wheel, "acoustic windshield", spray-in bed liner, 18" wheels, few other niceties), 4k towing pkg... Dealer didn't have an ETA, but from reading around it's possible I'll have it by Christmas. I did not opt for a factory tonneau cover, I'll get an aftermarket for half the price.

Before the jokes about my manhood start - I'm trading in a Subaru Crosstrek, so I'm used to it. Dealer's trade-in offer was on the low end of what I was seeing online - may try to sell on my own (Carvana, Carmax, etc) for an extra $2-3K.

I've never owned a Ford before, though I have relatives who swear by them. (also one who swore them off after they got a lemon of a Fusion)
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Not mine but was searching to see if I could fit a 250 enduro in the back of one.

Attachment Attached File

If shipping wasn’t a colossal nightmare I would be tempted to order one. They’re not going to be officially sold here but we don’t have the equivalent to a DOT requirement,the Ford dealer will sell me one and warranty it but it’s just a matter of how long it would take to get it and right now that is ???
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well I made the plunge yesterday - put in an order for a 2022 Ford Maverick. Lariat trim, AWD, Luxury pkg (heated steering wheel, "acoustic windshield", spray-in bed liner, 18" wheels, few other niceties), 4k towing pkg... Dealer didn't have an ETA, but from reading around it's possible I'll have it by Christmas. I did not opt for a factory tonneau cover, I'll get an aftermarket for half the price.

Before the jokes about my manhood start - I'm trading in a Subaru Crosstrek, so I'm used to it. Dealer's trade-in offer was on the low end of what I was seeing online - may try to sell on my own (Carvana, Carmax, etc) for an extra $2-3K.

I've never owned a Ford before, though I have relatives who swear by them. (also one who swore them off after they got a lemon of a Fusion)
View Quote

If you dont mind sharing--what was the ballpark you paid for it with that setup?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not mine but was searching to see if I could fit a 250 enduro in the back of one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/CBC2D331-AC1E-47EC-9B55-B4FCB7E8817D_jpe-2144882.JPG

If shipping wasn’t a colossal nightmare I would be tempted to order one. They’re not going to be officially sold here but we don’t have the equivalent to a DOT requirement,the Ford dealer will sell me one and warranty it but it’s just a matter of how long it would take to get it and right now that is ???
View Quote

See how that tailgate is not level? I wonder if it is designed to open to the angle shown in the photo, or if the weight of the bike is causing the tailgate to flex?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you dont mind sharing--what was the ballpark you paid for it with that setup?
View Quote

$36,100, from Ford’s site. Using trade in to cover (almost) half and financing the rest, but will pay off quick. Pretty much the only options I didn’t get are FX4 pkg, moonroof and First Edition.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

See how that tailgate is not level? I wonder if it is designed to open to the angle shown in the photo, or if the weight of the bike is casing the tailgate to flex?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/CBC2D331-AC1E-47EC-9B55-B4FCB7E8817D_jpe-2144882.JPG

See how that tailgate is not level? I wonder if it is designed to open to the angle shown in the photo, or if the weight of the bike is casing the tailgate to flex?

I doubt it's the weight of the bike. They're not that heavy to begin with, and the weight is spread between the wheels.

I am surprised it fit though. My Canyon's 5.5ft bed also needs the tailgate down to fit a 125cc 2 stroke, but the center of the tire is resting just on the inside of the bed (past the gap for the tailgate), it's the rest of the tire above it that requires the tailgate down. I would have expected the tire to be off the tailgate or right on the edge with the Maverick, at least without turning the front forks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just go build one on the website.  A lot of dealers are taking markups, if you order one some are giving discounts.

I ordered one monday.   XLT trim, ecoboost, towing package, FX4 AWD package, moonroof, sliding rear window and 400 watt inverter, just under $30k.  There wasn't anything in the lariat or the lux packages that I needed for what it would cost.  I saw one at a dealer last sunday and was really impressed with it, that was enough to pull the trigger.  

4000 lb towing capacity and 1500 lb bed capacity is perfect for what I need.  

Guys that do tunes think they can get 300hp and 300 ftlb torque out of it.   Light as it is, it's gonna be a fun truck.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone already wrecked one, played chicken with an 18 wheeler no less.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/10/2022-ford-maverick-xl-wrecked-after-colliding-with-semi/

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just go build one on the website.  A lot of dealers are taking markups, if you order one some are giving discounts.

I ordered one monday.   XLT trim, ecoboost, towing package, FX4 AWD package, moonroof, sliding rear window and 400 watt inverter, just under $30k.  There wasn't anything in the lariat or the lux packages that I needed for what it would cost.  I saw one at a dealer last sunday and was really impressed with it, that was enough to pull the trigger.  

4000 lb towing capacity and 1500 lb bed capacity is perfect for what I need.  

Guys that do tunes think they can get 300hp and 300 ftlb torque out of it.   Light as it is, it's gonna be a fun truck.
View Quote

I considered going the XLT route, but wanted to splurge for myself.. The Lariat Luxury has a few other things over the XLT Luxury - B&O Premium Audio w/ 8 speakers and umm... heated steering wheel! A couple of other things like parking sensors, lane centering, LED box lighting (I'm guessing truck bed?), wireless charging pad (though needs to be plugged in to use Carplay) and Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control.

I figure if anything it'll help it hold its value...

I considered the FX4 package, but realistically it'll go "off-road" like once a year driving on grass/mud somewhere. From what I read the skid plate needs to be removed for oil change (uses ~15 screws). If you're not going Lariat trim though the FX4 is a great deal - upgrades XLT to 6.5" instrument cluster, 17" unique wheels w/ All-Terrain tires, skid plates, heavy duty engine cooling fan/radiator and a few other goodies.. for $800 that's amazing.

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I considered going the XLT route, but wanted to splurge for myself.. The Lariat Luxury has a few other things over the XLT Luxury - B&O Premium Audio w/ 8 speakers and umm... heated steering wheel! A couple of other things like parking sensors, lane centering, LED box lighting (I'm guessing truck bed?), wireless charging pad (though needs to be plugged in to use Carplay) and Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control.

I figure if anything it'll help it hold its value...

I considered the FX4 package, but realistically it'll go "off-road" like once a year driving on grass/mud somewhere. From what I read the skid plate needs to be removed for oil change (uses ~15 screws). If you're not going Lariat trim though the FX4 is a great deal - upgrades XLT to 6.5" instrument cluster, 17" unique wheels w/ All-Terrain tires, skid plates, heavy duty engine cooling fan/radiator and a few other goodies.. for $800 that's amazing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/453429/maverick-front-2145537.jpg
View Quote

I'd like to see that hot pepper red in person, it looks great in the pics.  I saw one in alto blue and the paint was gorgeous.  It was filthy from rain and it still popped but it was subtle.   I ordered black.

The FX4 package is worth it for the wheels alone.  The gloss black looked really great and the design is very open which shows off the disks in a good way.  The package also upgrades the rear suspension and I figured the skid plates could be left off if they turn out to be a pain in the ass.   I forgot about the instrument cluster thing, that's a nice perk.  

When the aftermarket catches up there should be a lot of nice toys for these things.

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File
KO2s on repainted steelies toughen up the look a bit.

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/4042C2D1-EE2C-4CB1-B9BA-78E67C310038_jpe-2147092.JPG KO2s on repainted steelies toughen up the look a bit.

View Quote

Looks good
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Looks good
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/4042C2D1-EE2C-4CB1-B9BA-78E67C310038_jpe-2147092.JPG KO2s on repainted steelies toughen up the look a bit.

Looks good

Yes it does.  The stock silver painted steelies were underwhelming.  Gloss black looks much better.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Looks good
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks good

Gotta disagree.

It looks like something a Hutterite would drive.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#25]
So this escape with a micro bed, unibody thing has a payload only a few hundred pounds less than my f150? Fuck me
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Is that a photoshop or an actual truck. It looks great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that a photoshop or an actual truck. It looks great.

Real.   It's rattlecan, consensus is that he should have powder coated but it's still an improvement.

ETA the problem with the big tire mods is that the wheel well is fairly narrow.  the spec is 225/65 or 235/65's.   People have been doing 245/65's with no trouble but bigger than that it starts to rub in full turns.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So this escape with a micro bed, unibody thing has a payload only a few hundred pounds less than my f150? Fuck me
View Quote

I saw a power to weight chart and this thing rates very well because it's so light.  Everyone says it's very quick and handles well because it's unibody.

ETA some guy put a performance air intake on it and with that alone he got a peak of 26 extra hp on a dyno.  This thing will be a modders dream.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Too bad they don't offer a 2 door or (mid-90's style) 3-door version. Kids are grown and gone, so I don't really need the crew cab. Something with a longer bed and extended cab for inside storage would be damn near perfect.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Too bad they don't offer a 2 door or (mid-90's style) 3-door version. Kids are grown and gone, so I don't really need the crew cab. Something with a longer bed and extended cab for inside storage would be damn near perfect.
View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised to see that in a year or two - from what I've been reading, the 4-door "SuperCrew" version helps give it the stability/rigidity it needs with the truck bed. Just like how the Hybrid isn't available with AWD, I think they wanted to simplify production lines for the first year.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see that in a year or two - from what I've been reading, the 4-door "SuperCrew" version helps give it the stability/rigidity it needs with the truck bed. Just like how the Hybrid isn't available with AWD, I think they wanted to simplify production lines for the first year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see them doing that for a long time, if ever.   With a low end truck, controlling manufacturing costs is the key to success.  IMO the only change they might make, because it doesn't involve much they aren't already doing with it, is making a hybrid AWD.    It's kind of surprising they didn't already go there.  I'd like to see the numbers, but the hybrids seem extremely popular and if gas prices potentially going through the roof again, the demand for that can only increase.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't see them doing that for a long time, if ever.   With a low end truck, controlling manufacturing costs is the key to success.  IMO the only change they might make, because it doesn't involve much they aren't already doing with it, is making a hybrid AWD.    It's kind of surprising they didn't already go there.  I'd like to see the numbers, but the hybrids seem extremely popular and if gas prices potentially going through the roof again, the demand for that can only increase.
View Quote

Sort of agree…

Edit- TLDR - electric is coming, and they will make variants if the sales demand is there.

I think the Maverick has been intended from inception to be the Everyman electric plug in for Ford.  It’s the same basic platform as the Mustang Mach E, so implementation should be relatively easy.  I expect this variant to debut no later than 2024 model year.

The extra cab will likely come if sales demand stays strong past the current manufacturing and supply limitations, unless the shorter cab creates too many structural issues (I doubt it).
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I had read elsewhere that battery pack location would have interfered with AWD drivey bits, but I have seen photos to confirm.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I thought I had read elsewhere that battery pack location would have interfered with AWD drivey bits, but I have seen photos to confirm.
View Quote

There is a ton of space under the rear seat and that's where the battery is in the hybrid IIRC.  The existing battery is rather small.  Shouldn't be a big deal to do hybrid AWD.  

Personally I could give a crap.  The ecoboost is good enough unless the dems trash the economy enough that gas goes up over $5 a gallon which is admittedly a possibility.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The way some of these manufacturers act nowadays I'm surprised any trucks have them. I'm a broken record at this point but super cab and/or standard cab would be perfect with these rigs.
Quoted:

Sort of agree…

Edit- TLDR - electric is coming, and they will make variants if the sales demand is there.

I think the Maverick has been intended from inception to be the Everyman electric plug in for Ford.  It’s the same basic platform as the Mustang Mach E, so implementation should be relatively easy.  I expect this variant to debut no later than 2024 model year.

The extra cab will likely come if sales demand stays strong past the current manufacturing and supply limitations, unless the shorter cab creates too many structural issues (I doubt it).
View Quote

It shares a platform with the Mach E? They sure don't seem similar. I figured it was a Bronco Sport with a bed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The way some of these manufacturers act nowadays I'm surprised any trucks have them. I'm a broken record at this point but super cab and/or standard cab would be perfect with these rigs.

It shares a platform with the Mach E? They sure don't seem similar. I figured it was a Bronco Sport with a bed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sort of agree…

The Maverick is the C2 platform. Escape, Focus, and Bronco Sport use C2.

The Mach-E is a (highly) modified C2.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sort of agree…

Fair enough.  I still think an electric Maverick is coming sooner than later.

Speculation on future Maverick Lightning

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#37]
If prefer a two- door and more useful bed but I guess that’s where a real truck comes in.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah my commute is over 100 miles daily at 73mph. When I’m in town try and ride my motorcycles as much as I can.

They said they plan to have awd hybrids soon but I don’t know what that means in the real world. The turbo would be handy here because of the altitude but the 2.5 Hybrid engine is supposed to be pretty solid. Have a coworker with an older escape hybrid and it has treated him pretty well and I assume it’s the same basic setup.
View Quote

I bought a 2021 Escape Hybrid for my daughter which has the same drivetrain.  I did a lot of research and Ford's Hybrid system is very slick - some call it a copy of the Prius system but the newer Priuses are actually closer to a copy of Ford's system.  

The eCVT system is basically a beefed up version of what the old escapes have:  uses no bands - it uses the MG1 generator motor and a planetary gearset to adjust the gear ratio for the engine.  No torque converter, just a friction disc coupling in the event of a failure.  It actually has less parts than a traditional transmission. The Ford/Mazda Duratec engine is proven and pretty bulletproof.

If you don't need AWD, the hybrid is a solid option.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

That looks great.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a unibody....they probably can't do that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ford makes an AWD Hybrid on the escape platform for Lincoln.  I believe they make an AWD Escape Hybrid (Kuga) for Europe, too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#42]
I've had one ordered since the 12th of June,, no word from Ford on it,, reckon it will take some time to make it,,,,
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If prefer a two- door and more useful bed but I guess that’s where a real truck comes in.
View Quote

You can have anything you want if you're willing to spend the money.  

This truck isn't aimed at the traditional pickup truck buyer.  I think they figured out that a lot of people buying pickups would really rather have a smaller vehicle they can use to car the kids around in while retaining some truck utility.   Judging from the market response there was a lot of pent up demand.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I like these a lot. Currently have a 1st gen colorado 4cyl "base model". You know, 2 door, crank up windows, manual locks. The ultimate gd truck.
I might have a look at these in a year or so. I like not having a payment more than getting something new.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's a unibody....they probably can't do that.
View Quote

If VW made a unibody pickup with a 6’ bed 40 years ago I’m sure it can be figured out now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If VW made a unibody pickup with a 6’ bed 40 years ago I’m sure it can be figured out now.
View Quote

No one would buy a single cab.  Not when you can rent a fullsize 8' bed pickup from Home Depot for $20/hour.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No one would buy a single cab.  Not when you can rent a fullsize 8' bed pickup from Home Depot for $20/hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a lot of truth in that statement.  For a daily driver, hauling around tons of steel in a huge package when you almost never need it is pointless.  This market segment doesn't want that.

I still don't see Ford offering a lot of variety beyond what they've already done.  It will cost them a lot for a relatively small market segment and what are they supposed to do, charge less for the 2 door?  Not gonna happen.  Same with a manual.

They might do an AWD hybrid, add a locking diff to the rear or maybe an EV if the market really wants it.   It will be really interesting to see the sales figures after a year as to what options are selling best.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There's a lot of truth in that statement.  For a daily driver, hauling around tons of steel in a huge package when you almost never need it is pointless.  This market segment doesn't want that.

I still don't see Ford offering a lot of variety beyond what they've already done.  It will cost them a lot for a relatively small market segment and what are they supposed to do, charge less for the 2 door?  Not gonna happen.  Same with a manual.

They might do an AWD hybrid, add a locking diff to the rear or maybe an EV if the market really wants it.   It will be really interesting to see the sales figures after a year as to what options are selling best.
View Quote

I don't know, they're already working on other trim levels apparently - https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/maverick-rattler-off-road-prototype-spied-testing.4222/

Looks to have slightly more ground clearance, higher approach angle, etc.. People on that forum are already asking for a "Raptor-lite", and from what people have found so far there is a decent amount of performance to be squeezed out of the 2.0 Ecoboost.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

A number of us would like a small extra cab.  Not the same as a single cab.  Ford may never make it, but it’s not because they can’t.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't know, they're already other trim levels apparently - https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/maverick-rattler-off-road-prototype-spied-testing.4222/

Looks to have slightly more ground clearance, higher approach angle, etc.. People on that forum are already asking for a "Raptor-lite", and from what people have found so far there is a decent amount of performance to be squeezed out of the 2.0 Ecoboost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't know, they're already other trim levels apparently - https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/maverick-rattler-off-road-prototype-spied-testing.4222/

from that forum:
I'm guessing we'll see a small ~0.5" lift to the suspension, , slightly taller factory tire to give a little more lift, twin clutch rear, new drive modes and top it off with a front valance with a better approach angle and of course some Rattler Soft Road decals.

this comment feels spot on.   Working within the existing package, adding around the edges.  The current model isn't set up for a front winch which is almost required for off road use.  If they make a better approach angle and leave room for a winch it will cater to that crowd.  Twin clutch diff is easy.  And right now there isn't any way to manually shift.  Adding that feature is relatively easy too since it's all electronic.  Lift and tires are dead simple as well.  Lots of room for easy improvements.    I still really doubt we will see a 2 door or anything else that requires a lot of new tooling.  When you are talking about the low end of the market they are gonna look at other things at least for now.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top