Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking at the interior dimensions vs the Ranger, the Maverick holds up pretty well.  The Maverick actually beats the Ranger in some aspects.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking at the interior dimensions vs the Ranger, the Maverick holds up pretty well.  The Maverick actually beats the Ranger in some aspects.
View Quote

The Maverick has more HP and torque per pound of curb weight.   Should be fun to drive.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#3]
TFL did a few more videos with the hybrid.

Truck Trot - The World's Most “UNPREDICTABLE” Truck Drag Race Smackdown!

Did We Go Too Far MAXING Out The New Ford Maverick To See If It’s Ranch Rated?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
2" lift on a Mav
2022 Ford Maverick - 2 inch lift
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, after watching that video the black wheels look pretty cool with that color combo, but I think it's the white letters that kinda makes it for me..
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I need a couple new cheap work trucks for employees to beat up, and I have had good luck with the crappy little Transit Connects, which turn out to really not be that crappy.  Unfortunately, they are on an 8 month order right now, and I need something quick.  A couple dealers have Mavericks though.

I'm looking at the 2.0 AWD Lariats.

At the $33k OTD price, if they last 7 years and end up in the junk yard with zero resale, I will be okay with that, the same theory I base my Connect purchases on (5 years instead though).
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I need a couple new cheap work trucks for employees to beat up, and I have had good luck with the crappy little Transit Connects, which turn out to really not be that crappy.  Unfortunately, they are on an 8 month order right now, and I need something quick.  A couple dealers have Mavericks though.

https://build.ford.com/dig/Ford/Maverick/2022/HD-TILE-ACC%5BEXTBCK%5D/Image%5B%7CFord%7CMaverick%7C2022%7C1%7C1.%7C500A.W8F.121.PYZ..886.89N.FX4.17S.SCC.52H.90K.53Q.641.AWD.999.58K.448.LAR.ACS.%5D/EXT/5/vehicle.png

At the $33k OTD price, if they last 7 years and end up in the junk yard with zero resale, I will be okay with that, the same theory I base my Connect purchases on (5 years instead though).
View Quote

You found a dealer with in-stock Mavericks at MSRP? I put in my Lariat order a month ago and I’m still waiting.

Not sure why’d you opt for Lariat on a fleet vehicle, good on you though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You found a dealer with in-stock Mavericks at MSRP? I put in my Lariat order a month ago and I’m still waiting.

View Quote

The one at the local dealer is marked $4k over sticker
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I like this one. Saw it at Dollar General a couple days ago.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://build.ford.com/dig/Ford/Maverick/2022/HD-TILE-ACC%5BEXTBCK%5D/Image%5B%7CFord%7CMaverick%7C2022%7C1%7C1.%7C500A.W8F.121.PYZ..886.89N.FX4.17S.SCC.52H.90K.53Q.641.AWD.999.58K.448.LAR.ACS.%5D/EXT/5/vehicle.png

Yes.  2 different states pretty much both exactly what I want.  I don't mind flying and driving them back, have done this plenty of times.  As for why lariat, the price difference is minimal  for the Maverick and I do believe that it will actually help with resale, work truck vs kids first car/family second car.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]
@phil3333

Carrying over from my other thread.  How long have you had it, any obvious flaws?  I know you said great little truck, how is the room?  Could 2 adult men sit in the back?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like this one. Saw it at Dollar General a couple days ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/281740/20211126_171257_jpg-2190857.JPG

View Quote

That trim level & the dollar general just seem appropriate.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@phil3333

Carrying over from my other thread.  How long have you had it, any obvious flaws?  I know you said great little truck, how is the room?  Could 2 adult men sit in the back?
View Quote
There is as much room in the cab as in my jeep gladiator,two grown men could definitely fit in the back,like any compact I wouldn't want to ride on a long trip in the back.
So far no glaring flaws it has about 1600 miles on it getting 26mpg
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Video from a Ford Master Technician doing a walk-around.. Hot Pepper Red color which is what I have on order (looks fantastic, IMO) -

2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost AWD Full Review - My First Walk-through as a Master Tech
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Wont buy a ford again
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 5:30:40 AM EDT
[#16]
For people that have there Maverick, what kind of MPG are you looking at?
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:46:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m curious, too.  I’m starting to see a few on the road here.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the model.   The hybrid has been getting something like 40 average.   The ecoboost version with AWD averages closer to 25 from what I am seeing but some people are talking about getting closer to 30 when you do a lot of highway driving.  The towing version has a higher ratio diff and will get the lowest.  It also seem to vary a lot depending on driving style and highway vs city.

I'm hearing that hybrids are sold out for this model year.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#19]
If I didn’t have my Colorado I’d definitely look at one
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Instead of a Civic or Corolla, this will be my child's hand me down vehicle for sure when they become available...IF the reliability holds up.

I also think it won't be long before we see GM, RAM, Toyota, Nissan are furiously working trying to adapt platforms to do the same for the NA market.

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Instead of a Civic or Corolla, this will be my child's hand me down vehicle for sure when they become available...IF the reliability holds up.

I also think it won't be long before we see GM, RAM, Toyota, Nissan are furiously working trying to adapt platforms to do the same for the NA market.

View Quote

The reliability should be fairly good seeing as the drivetrain is off the shelf and the ecoboost at least is in it's second iteration.  Ford didn't spend a ton of R&D money on this vehicle which is a positive, assuming most of the bugs have been worked out of the components.  

Other manufacturers will probably try to get into the market but Ford is already crushing it on price point.  They might look at their profit margins and go "meh, why bother?" so it's not clear how many will all try to get in on it.  Other than hyundai who is already making the santa cruz, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 more competitors in the next 5 years.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Snow testing
2022 Ford Maverick FX4 Deep Snow and Ice Winter Test
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Seeing one in person... I like it a lot. Especially that blue/gray they have. It really seems like a four door Monte Carlo.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#24]
How much snow does it take to get a Maverick stuck? Lets find out.

2022 Ford Maverick EXTREME SNOW test!! (STUCK TWICE)
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#25]
2022 orders closed, capacity book for the rest of the year.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-shuts-off-orders-for-new-20-000-maverick-pickup-11643033093

Ford Shuts Off Orders for New $20,000 Maverick Pickup
Auto maker says demand for new truck has surged and it has hit limit on what it can build
By
Updated Jan. 24, 2022 9:16 am ET
View Quote

Ford rolled out the Maverick last year as a more-manageable alternative to the big pickups that now dominate the U.S. market.
Photo: Ringo Chiu/Zuma Press
Ford F -2.95% Motor Co. is taking the unusual step of cutting off customer orders for the Maverick, a more affordable pickup that it rolled out last fall, saying it has maxed out on what it can build.

The move is a sign that American shoppers are hungry for more-affordable options as prices for new cars and trucks hit new records and availability remains constrained on dealership lots.

Ford told dealers Monday that it is suspending customer orders for the Maverick pickup truck because it is already straining to fill a backlog. The company will resume taking orders for the 2023 Maverick in the summer, it said in a memo to dealers, reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.
“We didn’t want to take more orders than we could build,” said Dean Stoneley, general manager of Ford trucks, in an interview. “We’re getting customers who would have perhaps bought a used car and are now buying the Maverick because it is so affordable.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Found this....Ford released 3d print files for maverick accessories

Talk about a future cash cow revenue stream as the tech gets better

Link
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Pretty good comparison of Hybrid vs EcoBoost in First Person View - though the EcoBoost is AWD and it's noticeable at some parts -

2022 Ford Maverick – Hybrid vs EcoBoost Comparison

I had forgotten the Hybrid has a CVT.. have one in my Subaru Crosstrek, don't know enough about them to have an opinion (though mine does lack power).

Few other threads have been cropping up, usual mix of GD haters. Still waiting on any updates from my October Lariat Luxury order.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pretty good comparison of Hybrid vs EcoBoost in First Person View - though the EcoBoost is AWD and it's noticeable at some parts -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFSo_OpwBPE

I had forgotten the Hybrid has a CVT.. have one in my Subaru Crosstrek, don't know enough about them to have an opinion (though mine does lack power).

Few other threads have been cropping up, usual mix of GD haters. Still waiting on any updates from my October Lariat Luxury order.
View Quote

The Ford eCVT is different, it is a planetary gearset not a chain and pulley type.

This will help visualize it.
Hybrid Planetary Gearset Trainer
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ford uses an eCVT in their hybrids (similar to the Prius).  It's basically the same system used in the older generation Escape Hybrids only beefed up.  

It shares nothing in common with a CVT and is ingenius in it's simplicity,  essentially using a motor (also the generator and starter) coupled to the engine via planetary gearset which is used to change the effective gear ratio.  This is then coupled via a bull gear to the traction motor.  No solenoids, no cone clutches, no torque converter, no belts.  It doesn't even have a fluid pump.  It has splash lubrication and drain/fill plugs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ford uses an eCVT in their hybrids (similar to the Prius).  It's basically the same system used in the older generation Escape Hybrids only beefed up.  

It shares nothing in common with a CVT and is ingenius in it's simplicity,  essentially using a motor (also the generator and starter) coupled to the engine via planetary gearset which is used to change the effective gear ratio.  This is then coupled via a bull gear to the traction motor.  No solenoids, no cone clutches, no torque converter, no belts.  It doesn't even have a fluid pump.  It has splash lubrication and drain/fill plugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems like a really cool setup. I am interested to see if they do a AWD soon. Should be simple for them with it existing in other platforms.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How much snow does it take to get a Maverick stuck? Lets find out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg_jqBd2bA0
View Quote
Is there a TL/DW summary?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#32]
That's not a truck. It's an SUV with the top of the trunk space chopped off.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

You guys with some weird connection to what you think a truck have to be crack me up
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

SUVs started off by modifying trucks with toppers and seats. Circle of life continues.
Page / 20
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top