User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think that video helped.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
So that's what they're going to go with?

Okay then.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lame. Skirts the issue. Worst attempt at reputation rehab since Nixon's "I am not a crook."
View Quote
Yet Nixon’s crimes pale in comparison to Obama’s.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Epically bad response. Whole thing will end up a case study on how to ruin a name brand. That guy from Cold Steel ass fucked him and pissed on his dog. Any other brand for the win.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
That was very weak.  He should have hired someone to write the response, and Peter Coyote to read it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That was very weak.  He should have hired someone to write the response, and Peter Coyote to read it.
View Quote
Even the corpse of Billy Mays would have been more authentic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#7]
and....fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The best YouTube video of all time!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’d like to see the UNedited version.

Probably was an hour long and sounded like Winnebago Man
The best YouTube video of all time!
Yup, one of the best.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Trump expediently donated to Dems in the day. What is Benchmade’s position going forward?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Let liberals and cops buy your shit then, I moved on, so should you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Spyderco has locks where the mechanism is in a similar spot to the axis lock.

Manix 2 and others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love my mini griptilian with the Spydyhole.  I have other knives with thumb studs and I hate those.  Spyderco doesn't have a axis lock does it? 3.5 inch blade an a yellow handle is what I need.
Spyderco has locks where the mechanism is in a similar spot to the axis lock.

Manix 2 and others.
It's simply called the "ball bearing lock".
Ball Bearing Lock
They also have the compression lock.
Compression Lock
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Benchmade could simply have said no to the PD when asked to help destroy firearms.  Also, the PD needed specialty equipment to destroy the firearms?

Since when is a chop saw "specialty" equipment?  Easy enough for the PD to buy a 200.00 dollars saw from Harbor Freight.
View Quote
200.00 saw from Harbor Freight is even pushing it.

Not that I want to see any guns get chopped up, but if that was their dept policy, a 6.00 hacksaw from Lowe's would have treated them right.

You guys know there was one OCPD officer who said, "I gotta buddy who works down the road at Benchmade, he'll cut these up for us."

And the rest of us get to watch Benchmade circle down the shitter as they should.

Zero Tolerance makes much better knives anyhow.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#13]
If anyonecares for micro tech they are really pro gun...owner shoots sniper competitions
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I feel like buying something from Cold Steel now, just cause.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If anyonecares for micro tech they are really pro gun...owner shoots sniper competitions
View Quote
I would hope he is since he was the one that started MSAR to sell AUG clones.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would hope he is since he was the one that started MSAR to sell AUG clones.
View Quote
Didnt know that but he seemed like a decent guy....in our shooting squad he gave away several of his knives
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#17]
All Dad taught was that the girl gets to do whatever she wants as long as she gives a fake apology later, and the guy has to suck it up and bend over.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Trump expediently donated to Dems in the day. What is Benchmade’s position going forward?
View Quote
Trump donated to everybody in the day.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I definitely don't need another knife but I'm buying a Cold Steel knife today purely as a sign of support. We need to reward folks that support our cause and withdraw support from those that do not.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Benchmade is off my Christmas card list.  Unless they do an apology tour with an appropriate amount of grovelling, it will be permanent.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Blah blah blah go broke motherfucker.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I definitely don't need another knife but I'm buying a Cold Steel knife today purely as a sign of support. We need to reward folks that support our cause and withdraw support from those that do not.
View Quote
+1 I feel like buying a butterfly knife from them, because they just seem like the kind of place you'd buy a butterfly knife.  Like 1985, in the back back of SOF type knife
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Blinks a lot when he lies.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Screw him
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I cant watch video

what did he say
View Quote
Not a goddamn thing worth listening to.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hmmmm. Didn’t say anything about donating money to anti gun democrats.
View Quote
Of course not.
From the video comments: You can take your apology video and shove it up your “sheath”
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#28]
No.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Interstate transport act for knives?

Really?
View Quote
And in sure the dems they supported were pushing that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I wonder if he does not understand that after they take away our guns that they will take the knives next.
Or does he just not care what happens to the company he started and future of his employees?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#31]
He finishes his nonsense speech by stating: "We will continue to invest in training and working with our elected officials here in Oregon."

Not only is this not an apology or explanation, he is doubling down on all of it, including their donations to anti-gun Democrats.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#32]
The fallout was caused by a blatant disregarding for supporting our second amendment.  Takes half way through the video to even bring up the second amendment and is only touched on briefly.  The confidence shown in the video was also very poor.  I won't hold that against him as much as not everyone is a good presenter.  Overall I would say I'm confident I will not be purchasing benchmade products moving forward.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#33]
It stinks since I really like some of the “Benchmark” knives but will now stay away.
I was looking at getting a griptillian next based on the size & style.

My latest buy was a Kershaw Launch 6 and couldn’t be happier.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to throw my benchmade's away but I am not going to buy another one either.
Same here.
Ditto
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#35]
On a side issue... it’s illegal to carry a pocket knife across state lines???!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe Bill Devane.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow that just made it even worse.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Youtube comments is open
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Wait till Benchmade is forced to call up their vendors and ask "hey we've seen you havent placed a wholesale order for our knives in a month you gonna buy some?"

"No thanks"

There goes all your business
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to throw my benchmade's away but I am not going to buy another one either.
Same here.
Ditto
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Youtube comments is open
View Quote
Ratings are disabled, but at least you can read the hate now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In the video description,

The last 48 hours have been busy fielding calls from our customers and speaking with media. We appreciate all those who have reached out to us seeking further information or in support of the Benchmade team. It was important for owner Les de Asis to address our community directly, and to deliver the Benchmade stance first hand.
When asked specifically, Les stated, "Our recent political contributions have been in favor of state-level legislation supporting a strong manufacturing and business environment here in Oregon while protecting knife owners across the United States in the form of the Interstate Transport Act." The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, to learn more, see comments.

Thank you to our loyal customers for your continued support. We hope this brings clarity to the situation, and we look forward to serving you.

The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, allowing legal interstate travel with knives, provided the knives are transported to and from states where the law allows possession of said knives, and they are transported in locked containers. This is an act we've been trying to see into law over the last five years. While it did not pass in 2018, we hope to see it through into law when it is reintroduced this year.
View Quote
WTF??? I'd have to carry my knife in a locked container if I crossed state lines???  
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#44]
So do we like Troy, Springfield and LaRue again?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#45]
What a pathetic response video. I hope Benchmade goes down in flames but that the freedom respecting and second amendment loving talent branches off to create a new quality knife company. The founder/CEO can go fuck himself, as well as anyone else with his ideals/mentality.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Blinks a lot when he lies.
View Quote
And that right hand twitching away continuously. Does he have Parkinson's or something?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hmmmm. Didn’t say anything about donating money to anti gun democrats.
View Quote
That's the part that I was waiting to hear about. He ignored it, just like  when democrats are asked a tough question. They start talking and totally ignore the important point because they know that they cannot refute facts. Very disappointing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#48]
So I'm guessing they don't advertise on this site?

Don't own one and now I never will. Spyderco and Microtech are GTG.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
WTF??? I'd have to carry my knife in a locked container if I crossed state lines???  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the video description,

The last 48 hours have been busy fielding calls from our customers and speaking with media. We appreciate all those who have reached out to us seeking further information or in support of the Benchmade team. It was important for owner Les de Asis to address our community directly, and to deliver the Benchmade stance first hand.
When asked specifically, Les stated, "Our recent political contributions have been in favor of state-level legislation supporting a strong manufacturing and business environment here in Oregon while protecting knife owners across the United States in the form of the Interstate Transport Act." The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, to learn more, see comments.

Thank you to our loyal customers for your continued support. We hope this brings clarity to the situation, and we look forward to serving you.

The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, allowing legal interstate travel with knives, provided the knives are transported to and from states where the law allows possession of said knives, and they are transported in locked containers. This is an act we've been trying to see into law over the last five years. While it did not pass in 2018, we hope to see it through into law when it is reintroduced this year.
you would GET to citizen. You should write them a letter and thank them for fighting for your right to bear arms. In a locked container. In the trunk. Just like the founders intended.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

you would GET to citizen. You should write them a letter and thank them for fighting for your right to bear arms. In a locked container. In the trunk. Just like the founders intended.
View Quote
In other words, bitchmade wants you to be able to buy their knives but not use or carry them as designed.

I'll keep my fucking glock, my ZT/spyderco/busse.  Thanks bitchmade, but I'm no bitch.  If I can't go armed, I don't go.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top