User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dude had Gabapentin stuffed in his socks.. didn’t know it was a party drug.
View Quote
Gabapentin potentiates the effects of opioids.  Some abusers take them together for a longer / stronger effect.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Gabapentin potentiates the effects of opioids.  Some abusers take them together for a longer / stronger effect.
View Quote
Hmmm... news to me. Have been taking both for years, and never experienced such a thing.

Headed for a fusion in a couple of weeks (my 4th spinal surgery) and hoping like hell I can get off of both. I'm over it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:48:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I’m not a dwarf.

I’m a kender.
View Quote
Oh NO!!  Hide all the shiny things!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
any pictures of these officers for research purposes
View Quote
I found a strong candidate for one of them. Gossels. Not much on the other. I won't post it unless I know it is her.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@EnduroBro

Not for this particular department.  I think you can get the pay increase for being Paramedic going that route but to actually get a seat on the box(and a shot at that Paramedic Lt. promotion) you have to go through their selection process and training program.
View Quote
The department I retired from is going to have a paramedic CAPTAIN and a nurse ride a utility truck to run on pukers. I guess the call will be screened at dispatch. The flu, sick for a week, fell down yesterday and now hurts etc. They are going to run daytime business hours which makes no sense at all. Our PM bonus is 18% which is pensionable. Nice kick for a captain that can see daylight at the end of his career.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:36:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
These little female micro cops also put dumbass drunks and tweakers at more risk.

Whereas your old school 6'2" Irish brute cop would knock some drug addled dumbass on the ground if he got a bit rowdy, these size 4 petite cops are basically going to have to shoot your ass if you don't calm down. That's the only option available to them given the size disparity.
View Quote
And, there's a corollary to that... The entire department has to follow the same use-of-force rules, so if the the size 4 petite cop is going to shoot someone for being rowdy, then ALL the cops have to follow that same set of rules. Putting micro-chicks on the forces takes a lot of options for more capable cops off the table, because the rules have to be consistent. You can't say "Well, Officer Pritchart is only 4 foot nothing, so she gets to shoot anyone who gets physical with her...", while penalizing Officer "Big Mike" Malone for doing the same damn thing. If she can use deadly force when someone tries to bitch-slap her, then so can he...
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:50:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Polynesian.  According to some news stories he changed it from Penisimani.  

Utah has lots of Samoans and Tongans.  What's funny is that they don't particularly like each other.
View Quote
Well, no... They used to eat each other. No joke--Samoan friend of mine claimed that was the root problem. Truth, I can't say, but that's what he believed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hmmm... news to me. Have been taking both for years, and never experienced such a thing.

Headed for a fusion in a couple of weeks (my 4th spinal surgery) and hoping like hell I can get off of both. I'm over it.
View Quote
Best of luck with your surgery.

The FDA is in the process of adding warnings about concomitant use of Gabapentin and opioids.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, no... They used to eat each other. No joke--Samoan friend of mine claimed that was the root problem. Truth, I can't say, but that's what he believed.
View Quote
And not in a good way.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top