They were in the same scene in S3 E1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He dies early in the season? Maybe this group picture was taken a little later in filming the season and his character had already died so he wasn't on set anymore. That would suck because I really like the character.

Tormund and Gendry aren't in the picture either.
Can't be around Cersei IIRC.
Forgot about that, they refuse to be in the same scene. That's why Bronn left during the big meeting where they showed Cersei the walker.
They used to date, and nobody knows when they started or when they exactly broke up but rumors are it was after season 3 and before season 4 filmed so that would line up pretty well. It was allegedly a really ugly break up and they now hate each other and refuse to talk to each other.

ETA: I have fat fingers and can't type on my phone
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They used to date, and nobody knows when they started or when they exactly broke up but rumors are it was after season 3 and before season 4 filmed so that would line up pretty well. It was allegedly a really ugly break up and they now hate each other and refuse to talk to each other.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He dies early in the season? Maybe this group picture was taken a little later in filming the season and his character had already died so he wasn't on set anymore. That would suck because I really like the character.

Tormund and Gendry aren't in the picture either.
Can't be around Cersei IIRC.
Forgot about that, they refuse to be in the same scene. That's why Bronn left during the big meeting where they showed Cersei the walker.

I'm aware.  I'm just pointing out they have been in the same scene.  Even if it was just Cersei walking by Bronn. It's the scene where Bronn almost fights Ser Taryn Mant.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Kinda funny how they have Varys and Jorah looking like a couple.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/1BC0CBB4-AFC5-405C-BC12-59D80D923CD7_jpeg-865926.JPG
View Quote
fail

no honorary Queen of Westeros, Lady Mormont
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was more asking how you poison a zombie.
View Quote
Dragon glass or valerian steel for the zombies north of the wall. I’m guessing wildfire should handle normal zombies.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes I know how to kill them.

The post I was referring to specifically stated that Arya would poison Gregor Clegane.  Since he's now a zombie, I am unclear how one would poison him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dragon glass or valerian steel for the zombies north of the wall. I'm guessing wildfire should handle normal zombies.
Yes I know how to kill them.

The post I was referring to specifically stated that Arya would poison Gregor Clegane.  Since he's now a zombie, I am unclear how one would poison him.
Is it confirmed Gregor is a zombie?  Couldn't he just be some experiment by Qyburn that didn't involve him dying first?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I really hope this doesn't end with a feminist bullshit angle.

Gonna be a bit pissed. (Working my way through season 7 now)
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I really hope this doesn't end with a feminist bullshit angle.

Gonna be a bit pissed. (Working my way through season 7 now)
View Quote
When the night queen takes the throne heads are going to explode.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just discovered this thread. I'd heard of GoT, but never saw it until a year and a half ago. I've seen the whole series now, and read every book. Looking forward to the last season.

One thing I'm looking forward to is the ultimate grudge smackdown between the mountain and the hound. The books made a bit more of this than the show, but Sandor has a burning hatred for Gregor. In a just world, Sandor would get his revenge, but this is GoT, so I say Gregor kills his little bro, and Arya crosses Gregor's name off her list by poisoning him.
How's that going to work?  Gregor is a zombie now.
True, but when they all met at the dragon pit with the white walker the Hound got in Gregor's face, asked him what they'd done to him and if he recognized him, he did still, apparently. At least according to the Hound's remarks. So it's within the realm of possibilities.
Ah, gotcha.

Sorry, misunderstood.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally.

Game of Thrones | Season 8 | Official Trailer (HBO)
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#13]
My body is ready.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#14]
5 weeks out!
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#15]
im so ready
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#16]
The Night King is going to kill everyone.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmmmm....what's Arya running from......???
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I still think they are going to use Bran's 3 eyed raven time travel abilities to (un)fuck everything, so what we've been watching over the last 9 years never really happened.
View Quote
I honestly think George R.R. Martin has the stones to kill everyone and let the bad guys win.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My body is ready.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My body is ready.
I'm really trying to manage my expectations.  I'm not expecting a Breaking Bad quality finale, but I'm hoping for an ending at least better than Dexter.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
The voice over as she runs looking scared out of her mind is: "I know death.  He's got many faces. I look forward to seeing this one."

I'm guessing maybe she saw "this one" and this was her reaction.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The voice over as she runs looking scared out of her mind is: "I know death.  He's got many faces. I look forward to seeing this one."

View Quote
He'll look forward to seeing this one.*
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I honestly think George R.R. Martin has the stones to kill everyone and let the bad guys win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still think they are going to use Bran's 3 eyed raven time travel abilities to (un)fuck everything, so what we've been watching over the last 9 years never really happened.
That fat fuck would have to finish (or at least come close to finishing) two more books before he croaks to accomplish that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have this weird dream where she runs from me the same way. Eventually she gets cornered and rapey things happen. I hope that’s the outcome here as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Shits gettin real
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.  But "death" wasn't the one running away looking like a terrified girl in a horror movie.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have this weird dream where she runs from me the same way. Eventually she gets cornered and rapey things happen. I hope that’s the outcome here as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong Stark sister.  Sansa is the one that said she enjoys "rapey things."
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Wrong Stark sister.  Sansa is the one that said she enjoys "rapey things."
View Quote
Well, she was in the rape dungeon with Sansa.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#28]
So what's the best way to get HBO? We don't have it in our FIOS package. How much is a standalone HBO subscription to watch on TV?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe the WW's broke through Winterfell and she is fleeing them?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So what's the best way to get HBO? We don't have it in our FIOS package. How much is a standalone HBO subscription to watch on TV?
View Quote
HBO go
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

After following in her father's footsteps and going full Mad Queen.

Ah, we can dream.
View Quote
I want to hear Emilia Clarke screaming "BURN THEM ALL" before this is over.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Can't wait for this to come back. But I am with dish. What are the chances that dish and HBO get things worked out prior to GoT coming back? I know there is a huge uptick in subscriptions when GoT is on.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm guessing we will see that. Although she will be talking about the White Walkers. Then we will get some convoluted story about how the Mad King wasn't really mad and was living in some alternate dimension in his brain and was referring to the White Walkers when he gave orders to burn them all.

Quoted:

HBO go
Wouldn't I want HBO Now?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Jon down in the crypts asking his dead family members if its ok for him to eat his aunts ass.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Jon down in the crypts asking his dead family members if its ok for him to eat his aunts ass.
View Quote
With jelly
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Post and avatar work out
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Arya that is running looks a lot different from the smug Arya talking in the trailer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm guessing we will see that. Although she will be talking about the White Walkers. Then we will get some convoluted story about how the Mad King wasn't really mad and was living in some alternate dimension in his brain and was referring to the White Walkers when he gave orders to burn them all.

Wouldn't I want HBO Now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

HBO go
Wouldn't I want HBO Now?
Get ATT for your cell phone service and you get DirectvNOW and HBOGO included no additional charge.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Arya that is running looks a lot different from the smug Arya talking in the trailer.
View Quote
Arya thinks shes a badass. She's never seen war, never faced a capable adversary. Wait until the White Walkers come for her. Needle isn't going to cut it. I bet she'll be twisting her hair into little ponytails saying someone please save me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Arya thinks shes a badass. She's never seen war, never faced a capable adversary. Wait until the White Walkers come for her. Needle isn't going to cut it. I bet she'll be twisting her hair into little ponytails saying someone please save me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You might need to rewatch S6.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ikr.  Arya is best girl power character ever
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Waif?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Waif?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Waif?
Yup.  I think a character with the skills to take out any other character (except for maybe the Night King) on the show would qualify as a "capable adversary."
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

ikr.  Arya is best girl power character ever
View Quote
No shit, Littlefinger missed that point.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Perhaps I should rephrase. She never stared down any sort of army. She never partook in an actual battle like blackwater, battle of the bastards, the white walkers versus the wildlings, etc.

Everything she knows is basically one versus one. Shes never been thrust into war.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
$15/month

Can be purchased standalone or as an add-on through Amazon, Hulu, or your TV provider.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Lets hope it lives up to the hype...

"The episode is expected to be the longest consecutive battle sequence ever committed to film, and brings the largest number of GoT major characters together since the show’s debut episode in 2011 (“You can’t have this many actors on set, there are too many egos!” jokes Harington).

“What we have asked the production team and crew to do this year truly has never been done in television or in a movie,” says co-executive producer Bryan Cogman. “This final face-off between the Army of the Dead and the army of the living is completely unprecedented and relentless and a mixture of genres even within the battle. There are sequences built within sequences built within sequences. David and Dan [wrote] an amazing puzzle and Miguel came in and took it apart and put it together again. It’s been exhausting but I think it will blow everybody away.”

“Exhausting” is quite the understatement. The episode required 11 weeks of grueling night shoots. Imagine up to 750 people working all night long for nearly three months in the middle of open rural countryside: The temperatures are freezing in the low 30s; they’re laboring in icy rain and piercing wind, thick, ankle-deep mud; reeking horse manure and choking smoke. The stars of Game of Thrones require some coaxing to get candid about their experience because nobody wants to sound like they’re whinging (as The Hound would say). But if you spend even a brief time on set you realize staging the battle was unprecedentedly brutal."

Game of Thrones first look: Inside the brutal battle to make season 8

Quoted:

Perhaps I should rephrase. She never stared down any sort of army. She never partook in an actual battle like blackwater, battle of the bastards, the white walkers versus the wildlings, etc.

Everything she knows is basically one versus one. Shes never been thrust into war.
View Quote
Sounds like she's prepared for it...

"For Williams, the episode marked Arya’s first Game of Thrones battle, an irony that isn’t lost on her. “I skip the battle every year, which is bizarre since Arya’s the one who’s been training the most,” she says. “This is my first taste of it. And I’ve been thrown in at the deep end.”

A full year before filming began, Sapochnik phoned Williams to warn her. “Start training now,” he said, “because this is going to be really hard.”

“And I said, ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah,’” Williams recalls between takes, looking ultra-grimy with dirt and mock blood on her face (as do all the actors). “But nothing can prepare you for how physically draining it is. It’s night after night, and again and again, and it just doesn’t stop. You can’t get sick, and you have to look out for yourself because there’s so much to do that nobody else can do… there are moments you’re just broken as a human and just want to cry.”
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"The episode is expected to be the longest consecutive battle sequence ever committed to film, and brings the largest number of GoT major characters together since the show’s debut episode in 2011 (“You can’t have this many actors on set, there are too many egos!” jokes Harington).

“What we have asked the production team and crew to do this year truly has never been done in television or in a movie,” says co-executive producer Bryan Cogman. “This final face-off between the Army of the Dead and the army of the living is completely unprecedented and relentless and a mixture of genres even within the battle. There are sequences built within sequences built within sequences. David and Dan [wrote] an amazing puzzle and Miguel came in and took it apart and put it together again. It’s been exhausting but I think it will blow everybody away.”

“Exhausting” is quite the understatement. The episode required 11 weeks of grueling night shoots. Imagine up to 750 people working all night long for nearly three months in the middle of open rural countryside: The temperatures are freezing in the low 30s; they’re laboring in icy rain and piercing wind, thick, ankle-deep mud; reeking horse manure and choking smoke. The stars of Game of Thrones require some coaxing to get candid about their experience because nobody wants to sound like they’re whinging (as The Hound would say). But if you spend even a brief time on set you realize staging the battle was unprecedentedly brutal."

"For Williams, the episode marked Arya’s first Game of Thrones battle, an irony that isn’t lost on her. “I skip the battle every year, which is bizarre since Arya’s the one who’s been training the most,” she says. “This is my first taste of it. And I’ve been thrown in at the deep end.”

A full year before filming began, Sapochnik phoned Williams to warn her. “Start training now,” he said, “because this is going to be really hard.”

“And I said, ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah,’” Williams recalls between takes, looking ultra-grimy with dirt and mock blood on her face (as do all the actors). “But nothing can prepare you for how physically draining it is. It’s night after night, and again and again, and it just doesn’t stop. You can’t get sick, and you have to look out for yourself because there’s so much to do that nobody else can do… there are moments you’re just broken as a human and just want to cry.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He's talking about Arya.  Not Maisie Williams.

Back in S1 when she was still a preteen right-handed Maisie insisted that she learn how to sword fight as a lefty because in the books Arya is left-handed.  No one even asked her to. So, yeah, I have no doubt the actress would be prepared.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top